Countries that will provide pictures OR Open Egg Donors? - Traveling Abroad for IVF - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Countries that will provide pictures OR Open Egg Donors?

anonomous open abroad egg donor egg donation picture

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 sarahko

sarahko
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

I am interested in travelling abroad to obtain an egg from an egg donor to get pregnant. 

At the very least, I want to be able to know some information about the egg donor, such as age, weight, height, ethnicity, medical history, eye color, etc.  Ideally, I'd like to see an adult picture but might settle for a baby/child picture.  It seems that in Spain and Chile the egg donor is chosen for you--matched based on your physical characteristics and no pictures of background information are provided. They say that is an anonomous donor and that showing a picture of giving any info makes violates anonymity. 

And, even better, I'd love to find an open donation where the child could locate the egg donor at some point.  This is standard in the US, But I'm having a  hard time finding out which countries abroad offer this information. 

Does anyone know which countries/clinics will provide more info about donors--ideally pictures and medical info.  And, if there are any countries/clinics offering open donation?

Thanks in advance.

Sarah

#2 over40mbgal

over40mbgal
  • 18 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hi Sarahko,

I wish I could help you on this subject as I'm curious about that myself.  I think my DH and I will be attempting a DEIVF in Czech and unfortunately there it is completely anonymous with the exception of basic information, height, weight, hair color etc. 

I wonder if Mark from IVF Vacation Centre in Canada or Sue from IVF Traveler in the US would know the answer to that?  Have you connected with either of them?

#3 Janine

Janine
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Multiple

Posted 30 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Hi. Yes there are clinics that offer photos. South Africa has baby photos of their donors, most of EU has anonymous donors only, Spain included, but there are a couple of clinics who allow you to choose from photos and a few agencies that offer the same at your choice of clinic.

#4 msemple

msemple
  • 17 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:ReproVida

Posted 04 May 2013 - 12:29 AM

Photos - Mexico, Panama, Ukraine (baby, some adult), and South Africa (baby) allow photos.  Most do not allow known donors as lwas guarantee bilateral anonymity

#5 ideagirl

ideagirl
  • Global 100+
  • 261 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:CCRM (Denver, CO)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 12:55 PM

Well, obviously the US. It's much more expensive here than in any of the countries mentioned above, but you do find out MUCH more about the donor than you can in any other country. Even if you use a clinic's in-house donor (which is far cheaper than using an agency donor), virtually all clinics provide adult photos. CCRM is an exception, but they do provide childhood photos. SDFC, AFCC and ORM all provide adult photos, and those are just the ones I know about.

#6 Jazz

Jazz
  • Cyclebase
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Right now the only interest I have is to become a mother of a healthy baby
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:42 AM

Photos - Mexico, Panama, Ukraine (baby, some adult), and South Africa (baby) allow photos.  Most do not allow known donors as lwas guarantee bilateral anonymity

Hi Mark do you know any good clinic in Ukraine ??? I am planning to go for surrogacy heard they offer money back guarantee programs and laws are favourable for Canadians???

#7 badredcat

badredcat
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Intersono

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hi Mark do you know any good clinic in Ukraine ??? I am planning to go for surrogacy heard they offer money back guarantee programs and laws are favourable for Canadians???

Hi, Jazz,
I'm not Markbiggrin.png , but I did a bit of my own research on this topic and I chose Intersono in Lvivsmile.png

Their advantages that were important for me (and may be also important for you):

- first of all, I know some people used their surrogacy programs with positive results (3 of 3 surrogates got pregnant from the 1st attempt!);

- they have their own database of surrogates and donors, which is important for me because I don't want to pay to middlemen;
- as Mark said, they provide the photos of the donor, childhood and even adult, if you ask;

- they are close to Europe, I checked the map, it's about 100 km from the border; moreover, Lviv is a modern city, not a soviet nightmare, like I thought a couple of years earlierhappy.png

- there are no problems with the documents, as they have lawyers to make everything nice and clear;

- the IP are in baby's birth certificate;

- by the way, the surrogacy division speaks English (again, I was surprised) and seem to me very nice.

• Wave likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: anonomous, open, abroad, egg donor, egg donation, picture