#1 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:One

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:14 PM

Hello Ladies,

I have been debating with myself whether to start this so early...
I am 5w3d pregnant, and my first ultrasound isn't until next Thursday. I am excited, terrified, in shock, and very happy, to name just a few of the millions of feelings running through my heart and mind right now.

I know there are others just like me, feeling that same sense of nervous excitement, of superstitious fear about getting happy too early, of deep worry about u/s results...but I think we need a place to be able to talk about that, even at this early, tenuous time. Anybody who has seen that double line knows that their heart is already in it, no matter what....

I've also been feeling a little reluctant to discuss even early pg issues on my cycle buddies board, when there are so many people coping with bfn's...we all know how very sad and difficult it is to be dealing with that pain and disappointment.

So-here's hoping that I will soon be joined by all those nervous and excited ladies, so we can comfort and support each other through this torturous wait....through thick and thin, and hopefully increasingly round :)

Next stop, ultrasounds!!!!

Wishing us all so much luck, and wishing our little beans safe passage :)
xo
MrsMe

IUI with clomid-spring 2011-BFN IUI #2 with clomid BFN IVF#1 July 2011- Short Protocol OHSS prevents transfer30 eggs retrieved resulting in 10 d5 blasts FET#1- January 2012 BFN  FET #2- Feb 2012...fingers crossed.Feb 8-1 blast transferred!Feb 20- BFP!!!! For The first time EVER!!!!1st BETA-2932nd BETA-734.... hoping and praying...Mar 6-first ultrasound- no evidence of fetal pole...probable blighted ovum...so sad.Mar 13-second u/s- blighted ovum confirmed. March- M/C  FET#3- June 2012...fingers crossed so tightly....BFN  FET#4- July 2012... First Double Transfer...with endometrial biopsy (YIKES!)BFN:(chemical pregnancy:( FET#5- August 2012...with shg and acupunctureBFN FET#6- September 2012...with endometrial biopsy (YEOOWCH!!!)BFN:( IVF#2- Late September 2012-long protocol...Oct 30- ER: 22 eggs retrieved, 15 matureNov 4-double blast transfer Hospitalized with OHSS- BFP!!!??

It's twins!!!!....a totally unexpected miracle.... 

Jan 8-SCH detected on NT u/s...praying twins will stay safe.

"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would give my life for you. This is the miracle of love. ~ Maureen Hawkins""Chin up, knees apart..."

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

#2 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:44 PM

Good for you, you badass (no offence!)...was waiting for this to start!

I wasn't going to join until my ultrasound (Dec 12), but you make some really great points about sharing this emotional time...and yes, I do edit my posts so as not to hurt others feelings.

Here's hoping some more of our buddies show soon :)

I'm 6 weeks 1 day today....cannot wait for these first 12 weeks to be over...

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#3 ValleyGirl

ValleyGirl
  • Cyclebase
  • 1288 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 23 November 2012 - 12:52 PM

Just popping by to say Congratulations gals! Here's to the summer babies!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#4 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

Elephantshoes!!

I am so glad you appeared!!!
I have been so excited to be able to talk about all of this more openly...It seemed like it was time for this...

And yes, you are so great at being delicate on the other thread. Your posts are always full of kindness and support for everybody:)
I feel so sad for our friends that are struggling right now...it's a horrible feeling.
FX for all of them.

Now...how are you feeling?
Do you have many EPS yet?
I've had sore boobs, gnawing hunger, and strange new peeing issues-but other than that, nothing.
I kinda wish I'd get some morning sickness as a sign that things are going strong-but only a touch!!!

I know what you mean about the first 12 weeks...I am starting to fantasize and visualize that somehow I will make it there this time. Waiting for ultrasounds is such torture!

My clinic always does the first around 6w3d, but I'm not sure why exactly...if it's standard across the board, or age-related, etc. but I do think it's their standard approach. I'm sorry you have to wait a bit longer, but I hope DEC 12th gets here so fast, and gives you the best pre-Christmas present you ever got!! By then you will have amazing pictures to look at-that will be awesome:)

Have you told anybody yet? Does your family know about you ttc issues?

We kept our first round of IVF a secret, but since our m/c, told all of our family and close friends, so our "inner circle" already knows we are anxiously awaiting u/s results now.

We have so many milestones to reach, but I am so glad to get to go through this with you:)

Once again, a huge, uncensored YIPPPEEEEE to you- I am so very happy you got your BFP !!!
l
love, mrs Me

IUI with clomid-spring 2011-BFN IUI #2 with clomid BFN IVF#1 July 2011- Short Protocol OHSS prevents transfer30 eggs retrieved resulting in 10 d5 blasts FET#1- January 2012 BFN  FET #2- Feb 2012...fingers crossed.Feb 8-1 blast transferred!Feb 20- BFP!!!! For The first time EVER!!!!1st BETA-2932nd BETA-734.... hoping and praying...Mar 6-first ultrasound- no evidence of fetal pole...probable blighted ovum...so sad.Mar 13-second u/s- blighted ovum confirmed. March- M/C  FET#3- June 2012...fingers crossed so tightly....BFN  FET#4- July 2012... First Double Transfer...with endometrial biopsy (YIKES!)BFN:(chemical pregnancy:( FET#5- August 2012...with shg and acupunctureBFN FET#6- September 2012...with endometrial biopsy (YEOOWCH!!!)BFN:( IVF#2- Late September 2012-long protocol...Oct 30- ER: 22 eggs retrieved, 15 matureNov 4-double blast transfer Hospitalized with OHSS- BFP!!!??

"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would give my life for you. This is the miracle of love. ~ Maureen Hawkins""Chin up, knees apart..."

#5 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:13 PM

Valleygirl-Thanks so much for your kind post-that's really sweet:) You are having winter twins??? That's amazing! Congratulations!!! How are you feeling??

#6 Nurse08

Nurse08
  • Cyclebase
  • 857 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Victory Reproductive Care

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

I was wondering when someone was going to start this thread. Thank you Mrsme for being the brave one but i agree with what you said. I just updated a list on the other thread of when ppl's ultrasounds and stuff are.

You and I have the same EDD i do believe July 23 and I have my u/s booked for Dec 5 (7w1d)

As for symptoms I tend to be tired more and the on and off of sore breasts. Some days frequent urination, and hunger. Though last night i had some diarrhea (tmi) so i haven't eaten much today. Just some oatmeal for breakfast.

Posted Image

Mrs.me- Ultrasound Nov 29
Nurse08- Ultrasound Dec 5
Elephantshoes- Ultrasound Dec 12

First OB appointment

Nurse08- Jan 2

Me 32, DH 39 | TTC#1 since June 2008 Dx : Ovaries abnormally placed,Tubal, MF, ? Unexplained MMC x 3

See more info in the about me section.

Moving onto using a Gestational Carrier (my sister) in May/June 2014.

IVF #3- May/June 2014 w Gestational Carrier ( Me:32 yrs, DH 39)

Feb 26- SIS and Lining check for my sister. All looks great.

May 14- Suprefact 5x day

May 20- Last BCP

May 26- (CD3) Baseline u/s and b/w, decrease Suprefact to 3x day, antibiotic for DH and I. AFC Rt 7,Lt ?. Gonal F 150iu, Menopur 75iu. E2- 88.1 LH 0.226

May 30- (CD7) u/s & b/w- Rt 9 Lt 9 E2 481 LH 0.259 Lining 3.2

June 2- (CD10) u/s & b/w- Rt 9 Lt 9 E2 1978 LH 0.425 Lining 7.41

June 3- (CD11) u/s & b/w- Rt 9 Lt 11 E2 3208 LH 0.646 Lining 5.21?

June 4- (CD12) u/s & b/w- Rt 10 Lt 10 E2 5090 LH 0.794 Lining 8.82 Triple layer

June 5- (CD13) u/s & b/w- E2 6752

June 6- (CD14) u/s & b/w- All good to go ! Trigger tonight @ 10pm

June 8- Egg Retrieval @ 0900- 12 Retrieved, 10 mature, all 10 fertilized via ICSI

June 11- Day 3 report- All growing well. Ranging between 6-10 cells.

June 13-Transfer @ 1000  (DH's 40th Birthday)- Transferred 2 hatched blasts, GS had a flawless lining. We had 9 of the 10 make it to blasts on Day 5.yahoo.gif The remainder 5 embabies sent for PGD, then freezing. 2 didn't make to biopsy. Mild OHSS for me.

June 18- 3w3d or 5dp5dt- HPT ++++++ "Pregnant 1-2 weeks" on Clear Blue Digital. So freaking HAPPY !!th_abfp.gif

June 19- GS flies back to AB.

June 20- + HPT 7dp5dt or 3w5d

June 22- + HPT 9dp5dt or 4w0d

June 24- + HPT 11dp5dt or 4w2d

June 25- "Pregnant 2-3 weeks" on CB Digital 12dp5dt or 4w3d- Beta #1-696.8

June 27- 14dp5dt or 4w5d-Beta #2-1807 (Doubling time 34.9hrs) preggo.gif

June 29- 16dp5dt or 5w0d-Beta #3- 3837 (Doubling time 44.2hrs)

June 30- Meet w RE to discuss PGD results. Out of 5 embryos tested we had 1 normal embryo. cry.gif. Crossing our fingers we have 2 healthy babies growing strong inside our GS.

July 11- u/s #1 6w5d- one baby measuring 8mm with heart.gif HR 122 bpm

July 28- u/s #2 9w1d- measuring 2.37cm with heart.gif HR 154 bpm

Aug 5- First midwife appointment

Aug 11- u/s #3 heart.gif Baby dancing up a storm in our GS-First OB appointment

Aug 14- u/s #4  11w4d- IPS (NT testing)- Measuring 56mm 12w1d, NT 1.0mm, BPD 17.1mm. All looks PERFECT !!

Sept 29- u/s #5 Anatomy Scan @ 18w1d heart.gif 154 bpm measuring 18w5d. We are team babyboy.gif. IPS Negative.

EDD- March 1,2015. Expected to deliver in our 39th week.

Jan 6,2015- Welcomed Blake David into the world weighing 4lbs9oz and 18" long and 32cm head circumference.

#7 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:37 PM

YAY NURSE!!!!
So exciting to see you over here!!!
I hope we get to celebrate some very happy days together leading up to that edd :)

I hope your gi symptoms get better as the day progresses.

Cogratulations again!!

#8 #3@44

#3@44
  • Cyclebase
  • 492 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

So glad you started this. I should have posted my update today here. I am so happy to join you guys. So scared though. Have told a few friends but no family. My family is full of judgement.

I just cut this out of my cycle buddies entry. I know the pain when others are doing well and you are feeling really bad. I should have been more sensitive.

AFM, I have actually been getting hit pretty bad by morning sickness. I puked in the Safeway parking lot last Monday and have been retching most mornings for about a week. Today, was the first day I woke up sick in the night. Sleeping has been brutal (I just keep waking up and cannot fall back asleep). I am super thirsty, not eating, hate all my regular foods (no cravings just loathing), enlarged ovaries (hurts to sleep on my sides a bit) and so tired. As uncomfortable as this all feels, I welcome symptoms. Still I remain so anxious about what could happen. I check each day off as it goes by. I actually got my first script for diclectin the other day. As my two kids were born in the US, I have not tried as diclectin is not approved there (I had terrible NVP with my DD - vomiting until 21 weeks but hardly any with DS).

Also, I feel your pain about waiting for the first u/s. I cannot wait to have it. 7w2d seems unfair. WIth DD I had one at 6weeks and with DS I had one at 5w5d and found hb on both. However, I work at BCIT in Health Sciences. My neighbours are sonography. I am so getting extra u/s from them. However, the u/s is vaginal until about 7 weeks and I am not really up for having a vaginal u/s at my work place so I will need to wait until then. Aarrgghhh.

Also, I have started to look for an OB. Which seems a bit weird as I am still so worried about everythign and not yet convinced this is a done deal. It seems a bit early but I want to do as much first trimester screening as possible (am considering CVS) so I need to get this show on the road. I want to deliver at Women's but live outside of Vancouver district so I have been told I may not qualify as I am not high risk! Bahaha. If I was high risk with DD and DS at ages 35 and 38, I sure as hell am high risk now. So I need to make some calls and step up my plan. I am also a grad student and have an office at Women's. So ridiculous.
  • nili likes this
Me - 44, DH - 45
3 CONSECUTIVE IVF CYCLES AT 43 YEARS OLD = 16 eggs > 13 embryos > 10 transferred > 1 BABY!!!!

Years of anovulation (but this has saved me some eggs for my 40's!) and decreased count/motility.
4 years of trying naturally and tests - then surprise pregnancy in 2003, DD born 11/2003
6 cycles of clomid/iui - BFN, 2 cycles of FSH/IUI - x2 chemical pregnancy, 1 cycle of FSH/IUI - bfp! DS born 08/2006

2009 I decide I want another. Crazy I know - DH has had Vx.
2012 DH finally on board. Has TESE (super ouch).
03/12 and 04/12: FSH = 5, AFC = 4
IVF#1 - June 2012 - long lupron, 300 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, ICSI - 10 follicles, 3 eggs (WTF??), 2 fertilized, transferred 2 Day 3 4-cells - bfn.
IVF#2 - Aug/Sept 2012 - flare, 450 Bravelle, ICSI, 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, transferred 4 (2 8-cell, 2 10-cell) - chemical

IVF#3 - LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE![/b]
Oct/Nov 2012 - flare, lupron BID, 450 Bravelle, ICSI
Sept 15 - start BCP
Oct 11 - endo biopsy
Oct 14 - last BCP
Oct 17 - baseline: E2=286, start lupron microdose twice daily
Oct 19 - start 450 Bravelle
Oct 24 - U/S: 7 10mm follicles, bw: E2=964
Oct 26 - U/S, bw 9 follicles (all 10 -16mm), bw: E2=1867, lining: 9mm
Oct 28, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @10mm, 7 @16-17mm, 1 @23.5mm), bw: 3600+, lining: 10mm

Oct 29, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @12mm, 8 @18-21mm), bw: 5500+, lining: 10mm - trigger AND 450 Bravelle!
Oct 31 - ER 8 eggs!
Nov 1 - 7 fertilised!
Nov 2 - three grade 2 (all 4-cell), two grade 3 (2-cell and 5-cell) and two grade 4 (all 5-cell)
Nov 3 -two grade 2 (all 8-cell), four grade 3 (8-cell and 10-cell) and one grade 4 (6-cell)

Nov 4 - four good morulas, one border-line quality morula, two 10-cell embies
Nov 5 - ET of 2 blasts (2BB, 3BA), one cavitating morula and one other crap morula - NO FROSTIES!

Nov 10 - Day 10 - HPT ---- BFP!
Nov 14 - beta = 78

Nov 16 - beta = 179
Dec 7 - first u/s! 7w2d: CRL=10mm, HR=139
Dec 11 - first appt w/ high risk OB & another in office u/s (all good)
Dec 18 - u/s 8w6d: CRL=21mm, HR=172
Dec 27 - genetic testing and consult
Jan 11 - nuchal testing and IPS with soft markers (FTS) (for fun as will have already done NIPS) - NT=1.19mm = PERFECT
Jan 21 - 13w5d on u/s - we are having a boy!!!!!
July 24 - due! induced on July 6th - healthy, 7 lbs 2 oz at 37w3d - can't believe this happened!!

#9 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:27 PM

#3@43-
So happy to see you over here, too:) !!!
Like I said, I really hope you are feeling better asap.
And you are always very sensitive...don't worry about that....you always show great concern and understanding for everybody.
Welcome to the Scared and Excited Club:)

#10 Nurse08

Nurse08
  • Cyclebase
  • 857 posts

Posted 23 November 2012 - 03:35 PM

Posted Image

Mrs.me- Ultrasound Nov 29
Nurse08- Ultrasound Dec 5
#3at43- Ultrasound Dec 7
Elephantshoes- Ultrasound Dec 12

First OB appointment

Nurse08- Jan 2

Me 32, DH 39 | TTC#1 since June 2008 Dx : Ovaries abnormally placed,Tubal, MF, ? Unexplained MMC x 3

May 14- Suprefact 5x day

May 20- Last BCP

May 26- (CD3) Baseline u/s and b/w, decrease Suprefact to 3x day, antibiotic for DH and I. AFC Rt 7,Lt ?. Gonal F 150iu, Menopur 75iu. E2- 88.1 LH 0.226

June 8- Egg Retrieval @ 0900- 12 Retrieved, 10 mature, all 10 fertilized via ICSI

June 13-Transfer @ 1000  (DH's 40th Birthday)- Transferred 2 hatched blasts, GS had a flawless lining. We had 9 of the 10 make it to blasts on Day 5.yahoo.gif The remainder 5 embabies sent for PGD, then freezing. 2 didn't make to biopsy. Mild OHSS for me.

June 18- 3w3d or 5dp5dt- HPT ++++++ "Pregnant 1-2 weeks" on Clear Blue Digital. So freaking HAPPY !!th_abfp.gif

June 30- Meet w RE to discuss PGD results. Out of 5 embryos tested we had 1 normal embryo. cry.gif. Crossing our fingers we have 2 healthy babies growing strong inside our GS.

Aug 14- u/s #4  11w4d- IPS (NT testing)- Measuring 56mm 12w1d, NT 1.0mm, BPD 17.1mm. All looks PERFECT !!

Sept 29- u/s #5 Anatomy Scan @ 18w1d heart.gif 154 bpm measuring 18w5d. We are team babyboy.gif. IPS Negative.

Jan 6,2015- Welcomed Blake David into the world weighing 4lbs9oz and 18" long and 32cm head circumference.

#11 CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean
  • Cyclebase
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Hi girls. I'll join you too but I might not post much as I just don't have the energy (or time for that matter). Being pregnant while parenting a very active 2 yr old boy is exhausting!! Not that I'm complaining but I'm struggling.

I have my u/s at PCRM on Dec. 4th. The nurse gave me July 23 as a due date but every time I calculate it, I get the 22nd. Either way, it will be at least a week earlier as I'll be having a scheduled c-section.
My GP will take over my prenatal after my FC. I actually booked an appt with her for Dec. 10, hoping that the FC will 'release me' into her care after the u/s, but I have no idea how it actually works. I love my Dr. so much. I've been going to her since I was 4. She delivers dozens of babies each year and started a local maternity clinic so there is just no one else I'd rather see.

DS is yelling for me, so I've got to run. Wishing you all well!!
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#12 CoffeeBean

CoffeeBean
  • Cyclebase
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

I forgot to add that I totally have a bump already! I had to wear my mat jeans yesterday because I'm getting so uncomfortable in my regular pants. My mat jeans are all stretched out so I had to keep them on with my Bella band. lol I'm not even quite 6 weeks. It's crazy.
Anyone else?

#13 lindsayinport

lindsayinport
  • Cyclebase
  • 840 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:ONE Fertililty

Posted 24 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

Hey ladies I'm here too!! I was so scared to start this thread, I have no courage apparently. Thanks Mrs.me for taking one for the team :)

3@43 I'm sorry you feel so rotten. I have just had little passing waves of nausea, but I often wonder if it's gas or something, not that I ever feel nauseous when I have gas, but I think that I can't really believe that I'm preggers.

My ultrasound is November 30. We did a midwife last time but ended up with a c section, so I will most likely do a c section again. Things got a little scary last time with DS heart rate dropping. That ob said that if I came back again and if it was another ivf baby that she would feel better about having another c section considering everything we went through to get the the point of delivery. Also I had an extremely high beta, so possibly twins? We'll see on Friday.

#14 Nurse08

Nurse08
  • Cyclebase
  • 857 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:27 PM

Posted Image

Mrs.me- Ultrasound Nov 29- EDD July 23
Lindsayinport- Nov 30- EDD July 16
Coffeebean- Dec 4- EDD July 22
Nurse08- Ultrasound Dec 5- EDD July 23
#3at43- Ultrasound Dec 7- EDD July 24
Elephantshoes- Ultrasound Dec 12 - EDD July ??

First OB appointment

Nurse08- Jan 2

AFM- The nausea train hit me today. I nearly got sick while brushing my teeth. I found when I get hungry i feel sick. I am loving every min though. I too am feeling a bit bloated and wear mat pants as they don't dig into my belly. I am 5w4d today.

May 14- Suprefact 5x day

May 20- Last BCP

#15 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 04:52 PM

Yay Coffeebean!
Great to see you over here, too!
Sorry you've been feeling so tired-I really hope you start to feel better soon.

It's so great to hear you have such a good doctor that you have such a good connection with-that's awesome.
And regarding the bump-I've definitely got one, too, but mine's from the OHSS!! I look about 5 months pregnant today, so at least it's going down a bit!!!
Aren't Bella Bands genius? Best invention ever!

Have a great weekend:)

#16 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:04 PM

lindsayinport!!

Welcome to a very exciting thread!!! Great to see you here!
You must be so eager to find out how many are in there-that's really exciting!!
How far along are you exactly?

Today I had the same sensation you described...started feeling just the tiniest bit nauseated, but seemed like it was gas pressure -then it abated after I ate something, so I don't think it was true nausea.
I think I will actually be a little relieved to get some nausea, to show my beta is still rising, etc.

I'm so sorry to hear about your c-section emergency last time- that must have been really scary. Were you delivering in hospital initially, or had you planned on home birth? Were they able to transition you really quickly from your midwives to the surgery?
It sounds like your ob has a great plan for keeping you safe the second time around:)
How old is your ds?

Did you use the Halton Midwives? What did you think of them? There's a part of me that would love to use a midwife, but I have about a thousand questions, and it feels a little too early to be asking them sometimes. Although I read they have a giant waiting list that you need to get on asap...so much to think about....

Anyway-I'm so happy for you. Hope you are having a great weekend.
xo

#17 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

nurse-
thanks so much for setting up our list...it's exciting just looking at that:)
I hope you are well.
xo

#18 lindsayinport

lindsayinport
  • Cyclebase
  • 840 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:25 PM

Hi Mrs.Me,
I am 6 weeks and 5 days right now :)
DS is 20 months on the 29th of this month, and is currently in a time out for throwing food and utensils at the dinner table, lol
I used Midwives of East Erie. I live in Welland, but work in Dunnville, so it was easy for my to use their services. They have a very large catchment area because they are a rural practice. My experience was very positive, and loved it for the fact that each appointment was no less than 30 minutes because they are so thorough, and take the time to answer all your questions. I only had a little bit of any issue with one of the midwives, during the transition of care to the doctors and nurses after my epidural, the midwife wouldn't respect the opinions of the medical staff, and she was pissing them and me off. It caused a lot of tension for me trying to make a decision of our next move and what would have been safest for the baby. It was very unprofessional on the midwives part. We had always planned to have the baby in the hospital.

AFM, we have not told anyone except you lovely ladies that we are expecting. Our last cycle was such an open book and everyone knew. This time we wanted to have the fun of keeping it a secret for a while and surprising our family at Christmas. Our plan is to have Brendan (DS) in a shirt that says Big Brother for when our company arrives on Christmas morning. :)
  • kletchka likes this

#19 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:50 PM

That sounds awesome-what a sweet Christmas surprise to share with everyone:)

I am so glad to hear you had such a positive midwifery experience overall...really too bad about the one midwife, though...I'm sorry her behaviour caused so much stress for you guys.

Your ds sounds adorable...I hope his time-out restored order, and that you are having a sweet evening now.

FX for you for a great ultrasound, Lindsay- you should be able to see some really good pictures by then!!! Are you going crazy waiting? I sure am!

Good night :)

#20 #3@44

#3@44
  • Cyclebase
  • 492 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:36 AM

Brutal day. DH has a stomach bug so there were two of us in the house fighting for bathroom time. Plus DD had an 8am swim practise and soccer at 2pm, and DS had soccer at 10am. So I was trying to decide what I wanted to do - early swim practise with DD or outside soccer (no bathroom) with DS. Chose swim practise (had a chair and a bathroom). DH took the other plus DD's soccer game at 2pm while I watched Mantracker with DS on the couch and ate chocolate between retching. Then we had to go out for dinner for DD's family birthday. I couldn't decide what to eat (nothing appealed to me) but finally settled on a cheese quesadilla. And a virgin caesar. No one noticed.

I am really feeling sick. Worse each day. Still kinda comforting. Haven't even tried the diclectin yet because I am so nervous and I kinda like knowing I am sick.

Also, I think the reason after IVF we show is not so because of our uterus getting bigger, but our ovaries stay massive. Even when I had a successful IUI (superovulation w/ FSH) years ago, I remember being uncomfrotable until about 12 weeks and the u/s saying I had enlarged ovaries due to OHSS (which was totally not the case). I know the HCG makes it worse. I remember people telling me I was showing at 8 weeks. My first PG with DD (bizarre surpsie after 4 years of nothing) I didn't show until about 18 weeks. And she was huge.

That said, how are everyone's ovaries? Mine are fricken' killing me. I cannot sleep on my sides. Even my upper legs and hips hurt a bit. I may even call the clinic on Monday and tell them. Maybe that will get my u/s moved up. Maybe they will worry it is a cyst and do an u/s sooner!

Anyway, swim meet tomorrow at 7:15am. I am gonna die...

Best to all.
Me - 44, DH - 45
3 CONSECUTIVE IVF CYCLES AT 43 YEARS OLD = 16 eggs > 13 embryos > 10 transferred > 1 BABY!!!!

Years of anovulation (but this has saved me some eggs for my 40's!) and decreased count/motility.
4 years of trying naturally and tests - then surprise pregnancy in 2003, DD born 11/2003
6 cycles of clomid/iui - BFN, 2 cycles of FSH/IUI - x2 chemical pregnancy, 1 cycle of FSH/IUI - bfp! DS born 08/2006

2009 I decide I want another. Crazy I know - DH has had Vx.
2012 DH finally on board. Has TESE (super ouch).
03/12 and 04/12: FSH = 5, AFC = 4
IVF#1 - June 2012 - long lupron, 300 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, ICSI - 10 follicles, 3 eggs (WTF??), 2 fertilized, transferred 2 Day 3 4-cells - bfn.
IVF#2 - Aug/Sept 2012 - flare, 450 Bravelle, ICSI, 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, transferred 4 (2 8-cell, 2 10-cell) - chemical

IVF#3 - LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE![/b]
Oct/Nov 2012 - flare, lupron BID, 450 Bravelle, ICSI
Sept 15 - start BCP
Oct 11 - endo biopsy
Oct 14 - last BCP
Oct 17 - baseline: E2=286, start lupron microdose twice daily
Oct 19 - start 450 Bravelle
Oct 24 - U/S: 7 10mm follicles, bw: E2=964
Oct 26 - U/S, bw 9 follicles (all 10 -16mm), bw: E2=1867, lining: 9mm
Oct 28, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @10mm, 7 @16-17mm, 1 @23.5mm), bw: 3600+, lining: 10mm

Oct 29, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @12mm, 8 @18-21mm), bw: 5500+, lining: 10mm - trigger AND 450 Bravelle!
Oct 31 - ER 8 eggs!
Nov 1 - 7 fertilised!
Nov 2 - three grade 2 (all 4-cell), two grade 3 (2-cell and 5-cell) and two grade 4 (all 5-cell)
Nov 3 -two grade 2 (all 8-cell), four grade 3 (8-cell and 10-cell) and one grade 4 (6-cell)

Nov 4 - four good morulas, one border-line quality morula, two 10-cell embies
Nov 5 - ET of 2 blasts (2BB, 3BA), one cavitating morula and one other crap morula - NO FROSTIES!

Nov 10 - Day 10 - HPT ---- BFP!
Nov 14 - beta = 78

Nov 16 - beta = 179
Dec 7 - first u/s! 7w2d: CRL=10mm, HR=139
Dec 11 - first appt w/ high risk OB & another in office u/s (all good)
Dec 18 - u/s 8w6d: CRL=21mm, HR=172
Dec 27 - genetic testing and consult
Jan 11 - nuchal testing and IPS with soft markers (FTS) (for fun as will have already done NIPS) - NT=1.19mm = PERFECT
Jan 21 - 13w5d on u/s - we are having a boy!!!!!
July 24 - due! induced on July 6th - healthy, 7 lbs 2 oz at 37w3d - can't believe this happened!!

#21 faith66

faith66
  • Global 100+
  • 180 posts
  • My Clinic:ISIS Regional Fertility, Mississauga

Posted 25 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

Hey Ladies: Just thread crashing to say congrats to all of you!
  • lindsayinport likes this

Me: 29- 30 No Issues DH: 30-  32 low low Sperm Count (200,000)- Motility, Morphology and Genetics= Normal
Sept 24th, 2012 - 1st IVF/ICSI: Transferred 1 Beautiful Hatching blast 4BB (1 other on ice)

More details about my journey in about me Section on my profile

June 4th, 2013: Beautiful Baby Girl Born- 7lbs 8ozs- Perfect as can be! We are so in love. 

September 22, 2014: FET #1..... Fingers crossed.
Oct 6, 2014: Beta- BFP! Beta: 340
Oct 8, 2014: second Beta: 882
Oct 14, 2014: Early U/S- 6W: Sac/yolk and heartbeat seen (92bpm)
Oct 22, 2014: U/S- 7W: Growing on track (126bpm)
Oct 29, 2014: U/S: 8W: Everything looks great (154bpm)

Nov 13, 2014: U/S: 10W1D: "A1 ultrasound" (154bpm). Standing on his head, waving his arms and legs.Too cute.

Dec 1, 2014: IPS Screening & U/S: U/S looked normal.. waiting on bloods

Jan 12, 2015: GENDER U/S--- GIRL!!!

Due Date: June 9, 2015

6GI3m4.png

TyVim5.png

#22 mrs.me23

mrs.me23
  • Global 100+
  • 960 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

#3@43-
so sorry to hear you guys are so sick-that sounds awful!! A stomach bug and m/s in the house sounds like a strategic nightmare!! I hope you feel better soon. Have you ever tried Santa Cruz Organic Ginger Ale? My pregnant cousin said it saved her life when she was battling nausea...you can buy it at the Superstore in the organic section, or at a places like Whole Foods. I used it once for stomach flu about 15 years ago and it was amazing-stopped me from tossing my cookies. I do love my cookies, and try never to toss them :) I hope things improve for you quickly.

And yes-my ovaries are still humongous...I know the ohss is a huge factor with me, but the doctor who performed my abdominal drain was shocked by their size. It feels like two heavy rocks are still sitting in my pelvis, and I can't lay on my side for more than 15-30 mins without the sensation being sort of sickening. That's an improvement for me over last week though. I hope yours settle down soon so you can feel more comfortable. But I do hope you get an earlier u/s out of this :)

faith66 - thanks so much for such a sweet thread crash -that's so kind of you:)
I just saw your ticker- heartfelt congratulations to yo!. I really hope you are having a happy, smooth-sailing sort of a pregnancy.
Best wishes and best of luck :)

AFM-
Going a little bat-shit crazy today, wishing I could have just one more beta to know that things are progressing before Thursday.
I'm even considering wasting more money on a Clearblue conception test, just to make sure I passed the 2000 beta mark...although it should *hopefully* be significantly higher than that by now. The waiting is madness...
On top of all my usual nerves, I now find myself worrying that somehow the ohss treatment could have jeopardized things.
I'm praying I can come up with some stuff to do to keep my crazy mind busy for a few days.
Anybody else going nuts??
Unfortunately, I know I'm probably not alone in this :)

EOE-
wishing you all a happy, distracted healthy Sunday.

#23 elephantshoes

elephantshoes
  • Cyclebase
  • 869 posts
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest/MFC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Hi Ladies!

So nice to see you all over here! I know that its still so scary - we have no assurance other than the beta tests that everything is going well, but its great that we have each other for support and to help us all keep our sanity!

For myself, I've been super tired (in bed by 10 each night -and earlier some!), super thirsty, dizzy on and off, sore boobs (am sleeping in a bra), night naseau for the past week or so and a huge aversion to red meat...even the smell throws me! We were at the Grey Cup gala on wednesday night at Rogers Centre and it was catered by Mark McEwan (the judge on top chef canada). I've loved his restaurants in the past...I litterally had to plug my nose going by some of the food stations...too bad because I was pysched for his food...not to mention the wicked open bar where all I could order was a gingerale....everytime I ordered one, they were like...rye and ginger? :(

And little scarier...I'm still wiping pink every 5 days or so. I know so many sites, people etc say its perfectly normal, but I just want it to go away. I had a horrible day at work on friday, came home and was having a pity party for myself, went to the bathroom and wiped pink. I was terrified! The good news is that it went away after just one bathroom episode (normally does), but I'd give anything to make it stop - it triggers that miscarriage emotion like nothing else.

Oh - forgot to mention that I guess the hormones have kicked in too. I was watching Elf on tv this morning and cried for the last 20 minutes of the movie where they were trying to get everyone to believe in Santa/Christmas magic. Luckily DH was asleep as I lay sobbing on him ;)

I'm so happy for all of you - well, all of us. I wish our whole thread could have moved over here with us. Its so hard to know what to say sometimes. I was cancelled twice...I don't know if that's the same pain of a BFN or not...in some ways I imagine not. I'll try and follow them all and root them on during (hopefully) their next attempts.

Nurse - if you'd like to update, my edd is July 18th (how insane is this ladies?!?!?)

Here's wishing us all a very safe, happy, healthy, stressfree, easy nine months

Off to watch the end of Ice Age.... ;) (yes, I'm a pure child at heart!)

IVF 1 - cancelled, oversuppressed

IVF 2 - cancelled, ovulated through stims

IVF 3 - BFP, welcomed beautiful baby girl

FET 1 - 1 blast, BFN

FET 2 - 1 blast BFP, chemical

FET 3 - 2 blasts, BFN

IVF 4 - adding in PGS this time, two PERFECT blasts transferred, BFN

ERA revealed implantation window is off by 2 days

IVF 5 - cancelled, ridiculously bad growth compared to other cycles

IVF 6 - transfer cancelled, all 11 blasts came back genetically abnormal

getting second opinion/changing clinics...the story continues...

IVF 7 - 34 retrieved, 7 day 5 blasts, 6 PGS NORMAL!!!

FET 4 - 1 euploid blast (4BB), BFN

Immune testing - NK cells too high, LADs too low - 3 LITS + IVIG recommended and completed

ERA testing shows that lining is receptive for 7.5dt 

FET 5 - 1 euploid blast (3ABO), BFP

BETA #1 - 10dp5dt 252

BETA #2 - 12dp5dt 559

everything is crossed...

Welcomed another beautiful baby girl 

FET 6 - 1 euploid blast (3BAO), BFP

BETA #1 - 13dp5dt 420

Welcomed our 3rd beautiful baby girl

Our journey is complete.  What a wild ride.

#24 notalone2

notalone2
  • Global 100+
  • 398 posts
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi everyone, glad someone started this but I'm nervous to join. Feeling a little lost until the u/s on dec 10. We transfer one 3bb embryo My betas (839 on 14dp5dt, 2669 on16 dp5dt) but I'm still nervous as we had a loss in the past. Super excited to think there could be a little one coming in July ! How is everyone dealing with the wait. I feel I am googling every little thing and freaking out.
Feb 2010 natural bfp - miscarriage blighted ovum
March 2011 first meeting at Ofc - slight male factor poor morph
June 2011 iui - cancelled lead follicle grew too fast
July 2011 iui2 - 2 follicles - bfn
October 2011 iui3 - 1 lead follicle fee fast - bfn
January 2012 iui4 converted to ivf - 5 eggs retrieved 0 fertilization - no transfer
June 2012 ivf #2 12 eggs retrieved 9 mature 8 fertilized with iCsi - 2 blasts Transfered day 5, 2 frosties - bfn
Nov 2012 FET - thawed our only frosties (2) only one survived. Transfer 1 blast 3BB
BFP nov 20

#25 lindsayinport

lindsayinport
  • Cyclebase
  • 840 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 03:49 PM

Haha elephant. I was watching Oprah's next chapter last night and they showed a small clip from Beaches and I was hyperventilating crying. Lol I get you on the hormones :-)