Normal FSH, Low AMH - Delay IVF & Take DHEA? Please Help - Ask the RE - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Normal FSH, Low AMH - Delay IVF & Take DHEA? Please Help

amh dor dhea

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 lzm

lzm
  • 18 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:41 PM

Hi,

I met the love of my life, late in life at 38 years. I am now 42 years old and have a 20 month old little girl. At 39/40 yrs, I conceived her naturally on my second try after 1 miscarriage. We have been trying for a second baby since February of 2012 with a miscarriage to date (9 months of trying). I went to Genesis Fertility in Vancouver in April 2012 and had all of the tests done - everything was normal. My two FSH tests were 7.2 and 7.8. However, a few weeks later I had my amh test and it was bad at 0.18 (normal range is 0.7 to 3.5). I can start IVF next week, but was told to consider taking DHEA for three months before the IVF (which makes me 3+ months older and that much closer to 43, my birthday is in June). They don't know if DHEA will help me, but it might. The Doc said that the decision was mine and he couldn't make it for me:

1. delay and take DHEA for three months that may or may not help; or
2. go ahead now and be three months younger at a critical age.

The constant disappointments have been horrible and I am at the end of my rope. My husband and I have set June 2013 as the end date for our trying and we will stick to it. I am heartbroken, but cannot go on with this indefinitiely. Any advice on whether to wait and take DHEA or go the IVF route asap?

L

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: amh, dor, dhea