#1 Muminwaiting

Muminwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Completing my family
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:CReATe

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:39 AM

I was wondering what a Lap procedure is and what it entails. I have blocked tubes. My doctor has not once mentioned this procedure to me and will not unblock my tubes. Is this a possiblilty for me?
Me 40 DH 37 July 2012 HSG test showed blocked tubesSept 16/13 Consult at CReATe with Dr. Librach who will make me a Mummy in 2014Sept 16/13 Bloodwork and AMH test (A little low)Oct 15/13: Hysterscopy 2 polyps removed and 2 coils insertedIVF #1Nov 4th: CD2 start BCPNov 11th: Start Lupron injectionsNov 27: Start Gonal F and RepronexDec 12: ER Estrace and Progesterone suppositoriesDec 15: ET 3 survived the process (including ICSI) Transferred 2. 1 frozenPregnancy test December 29th: BFNFET #1Start Estrace againJan 8/14: IV IntralipidsFET: Jan 16Beta test results Feb 1st: BFFN February 2014 fibroid removed

#2 BabyDustandDreams

BabyDustandDreams
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:brazilian jiu jitsu, riding my horse
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Mt. Sinai

Posted 29 September 2012 - 11:10 PM

a 'lap' procedure is short form for lapraoscopic procedure which is any form of surgery that is performed by filling the abdomin full of gas and inserting tools through small cuts in your belly button and around the belly button. I just had a lap surgery whereby the Doctor took out my right ovary and right tube due to an ectopic rupture (not fun)..... What lap surgery does the FS suggest you have? If he will not unblock your tubes, is there a reason ?? Have you had a Sonohystogram? You should

Me: 32  38
DH: 35 41
TTC: 10 Years

I wish that I could cohesively list all the dates of all the stuff that has gone on with this fertility struggle, but I cant remember the dates, but here is a list ... which should give you the gist.

2 years, TTC naturally BFN all of the time!
1 year ago we go on Clomid, on the third month BFP! - chemical pregnancy 4wks
Clomid again, BFP - ectopic treated with Methotrexate (sad day)
Clomid again BFP - chemical 5wks
Sonohystogram - all is ok, DH is checked - he's fine too - no explanation

6 months later

August, Clomid BFP!
Beta doubelling, YES!
5 wk u/s no gestational sac anywhere
6wk u/s same as above
7wk u/s same again, FS suggests Methotrexate based on my past history, we decide we are going to wait another 48 hours to confirm as u/s cannot see sac though also cannot see anything in tubes etc and we are hopeful that dates are slightly early, we really want this baby so we decide to wait it out.
48 hours later in the shower, tube ruptures - off to Emerg
u/s - heart beat in my r.tube (tears and unbelievable sadness)
Surgery to remove r.tube - Dr tells me after that he took my r.ovary as well as my tube was fused to my ovary with scar tissue.
Dr runs die through left tube to check its open..... blocked!

Awaiting referral to Mt. Sinai for 3 OHIP covered rounds of IVF.

Referral to Mt.Sinai October 17th (got the phone call in about a week from the time i sent the referral) !!

UPDATE ** at the time in 2015, mt sinai declined me for funded IVF I was 35 but I was too heavy, at about 350lbs.  Dr Greenblatt asked me to loose 100lbs.  Cue depression eating and fast forward 3 years, now weighing 400lbs.  

In March 2017 I had Gastic Bypass surgery and went from 388 to 205.

Started first funded cycle of IVF May 2018

Antagonist long protocol - estrace priming, gonal F, menopur, ganirelix - I ended up injecting myself for 18 days in total, at the very highest doses of all these meds.  I ended up with 3 follicles measuring 2.1, 1.9 and 1.7 before trigger.  On ER, they took out 2 mature oocytes.  They both fertilized over night and by day three, they were 8 cell and 10 cell, looking very good.  The dr's did a day 3 transfer of both, neither implanted.  Likely because they were aneuploid (abnormal).

I took a few months off to gather $15,000 for another fresh cycle that includes drugs etc... Dr Greenblatt will do a flare protocol (minimal drugs) this time and aim for quality over quantity.  Though, with one ovary and being 38 there is no fear of quantity ha ha.  I have been taking DHEA, and OVA boost in hopes to help my quality.. Also Co q 10 and multi vitamins.

It is Sept 29th and I am due to call in my day one any day.  I understand that I will do birth control priming with this cycle.  Wish me luck ladies.... If this doesnt work we will go onto donor egs. xo 

#3 zepper

zepper
  • Global 100+
  • 166 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Dr. Wu/ONE

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

I don't think a lap can unblock your tubes. I believe they can remove endo from around your tubes and organs, but not inside them. Maybe I'm wrong?
I'm not sure what can be done to unblock tubes, but I hope there's something they can do! If not, I'm assuming they'll suggest IVF right away.
Wishing you luck!
  • Me - 34, DH - 35
  • TTC since Feb. 2009
  • Started seeing Dr. Wu - March 2011
  • DH's SA's vary - thinking male factor is the issue
  • April-June 2011 - Femara - hormone levels normal
  • July 2011 - HSG - all clear
  • Aug-Oct 2011 - IUI's #1-3 with Femara - BFN x3
  • Nov 2011 - Laparsocopy - all clear
  • Dec 2011 - IUI #4 with Clomid - BFN
  • IVF #1 - Feb 2012 - no eggs retrieved from 14 follicles - *Genuine Empty Follicle Syndrome* WTF???
  • IVF #2 - July 2012 - used Lupron as trigger - 5 eggs retrieved from 16 follicles - Dr. concludes I do have GEFS - they know little about it. All 5 eggs fertilized.
  • Transferred 2 8-cell grade A embryos - BFN
  • 3 frozen embryos
  • FET #1- October 22, 2012 - transferred 2 three-day embryos - BFN
  • FET #2 - February - 1 embryo left - cancelled due to estrogen levels dropping :(
  • FET #2 - March 23, 2013 - medicated cycle - transfer of our last embryo - BFN
Now what? We've had the public adoption paperwork since October and I still can't gather the strength to look at it.

#4 Muminwaiting

Muminwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:00 PM

a 'lap' procedure is short form for lapraoscopic procedure which is any form of surgery that is performed by filling the abdomin full of gas and inserting tools through small cuts in your belly button and around the belly button. I just had a lap surgery whereby the Doctor took out my right ovary and right tube due to an ectopic rupture (not fun)..... What lap surgery does the FS suggest you have? If he will not unblock your tubes, is there a reason ?? Have you had a Sonohystogram? You should

Hi and thanks for your response. I have come to realize what an aquaintance was referring to. They made it sound like a procedure to unblock tubes. I had lap for my gallbladder removal. And yes I have had to sonohystogram I believe and they called it a tube test which showed the blocked tubes.
Thanks again
Me 40 DH 37 July 2012 HSG test showed blocked tubesSept 16/13 Consult at CReATe with Dr. Librach who will make me a Mummy in 2014Sept 16/13 Bloodwork and AMH test (A little low)Oct 15/13: Hysterscopy 2 polyps removed and 2 coils insertedIVF #1Nov 4th: CD2 start BCPNov 11th: Start Lupron injectionsNov 27: Start Gonal F and RepronexDec 12: ER Estrace and Progesterone suppositoriesDec 15: ET 3 survived the process (including ICSI) Transferred 2. 1 frozenPregnancy test December 29th: BFNFET #1Start Estrace againJan 8/14: IV IntralipidsFET: Jan 16Beta test results Feb 1st: BFFN February 2014 fibroid removed

#5 Muminwaiting

Muminwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 680 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 09:03 PM

I don't think a lap can unblock your tubes. I believe they can remove endo from around your tubes and organs, but not inside them. Maybe I'm wrong?
I'm not sure what can be done to unblock tubes, but I hope there's something they can do! If not, I'm assuming they'll suggest IVF right away.
Wishing you luck!

Hi Zepper.
Thankas and they did suggest IVF and just waiting on my referral phone call. One was put through for Mount Sinai and then there's a clinic in Scarborough. Those are the closest for me. I know there are so many in T.O. but its hard to choose.

Thanks again