Posted 06 September 2012 - 05:00 AM
2012 April - Chemical Miscarriage
2012 May - Referred to OFC
2012 Sept - Diagnosed with PCOS
2012 Sept 30 - 1st round of Clomid
Posted 06 September 2012 - 07:59 AM
December 2010- began journey at HeartlandIVF #2 (VFC)August 15/2012- start Gonal F (225), Luveris (75)August 20- add cetrotideAugust 23rd- first U/S at VFC, 35 follicles around 14mm, ER potentially Monday instead of Thursday.August 25th U/S Aug28 ER, 39 follicles, ICSI on 33August 29- 27 embryos growing!Sept 2-froze 17 Day 5FET- nov.145dp5dt- BFN6dp5dt-BFP!!Early beta 9dp5dt- 83.0712dp5dt- 23414dp5dt- 494!!!U/S Dec. 14- one little bean measuring on trackBaby Boy born August 13/13
FET #2. January 12, 2015
Beta #1 , 11dp5dt -238
Beta #2 14dp5dt-1255
Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:50 AM
IUI with clomid-spring 2011-BFN IUI #2 with clomid BFN IVF#1 July 2011- Short Protocol OHSS prevents transfer30 eggs retrieved resulting in 10 d5 blasts FET#1- January 2012 BFN FET #2- Feb 2012...fingers crossed.Feb 8-1 blast transferred!Feb 20- BFP!!!! For The first time EVER!!!!1st BETA-2932nd BETA-734.... hoping and praying...Mar 6-first ultrasound- no evidence of fetal pole...probable blighted ovum...so sad.Mar 13-second u/s- blighted ovum confirmed. March- M/C FET#3- June 2012...fingers crossed so tightly....BFN FET#4- July 2012... First Double Transfer...with endometrial biopsy (YIKES!)BFN:(chemical pregnancy:( FET#5- August 2012...with shg and acupunctureBFN FET#6- September 2012...with endometrial biopsy (YEOOWCH!!!)BFN:( IVF#2- Late September 2012-long protocol...Oct 30- ER: 22 eggs retrieved, 15 matureNov 4-double blast transfer Hospitalized with OHSS- BFP!!!??
It's twins!!!!....a totally unexpected miracle....
Jan 8-SCH detected on NT u/s...praying twins will stay safe.
"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would give my life for you. This is the miracle of love. ~ Maureen Hawkins""Chin up, knees apart..."
Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:05 PM
Janet Evanovich is also really good and funny and there's lots of them to keep you busy.
There's also some good YA fiction out there in the same style as Hunger Games (dystopian adventure type stuff) - Ally Condie has a series that was really good although there's only two out so far (Matched and Crossed, I think they're called), the series by Veronica Roth Divergent and Insurgent (again, third hasn't been released), and there's a series by Kiersten White that starts with Paranormalcy that was pretty good too. All light, but good reads, good for getting involved in and passing time easily.
Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:49 PM
Posted 08 September 2012 - 12:02 PM
Posted 08 September 2012 - 03:50 PM
Karen Marie Moning's Fever series is one of my recent favorites. The Hunger Games was a great read even though it's YA. As a fallback there's always Diana Gabaldon's Outlander series. Ok, this one can be pretty emotional with a pregnancy loss in book 2 of the series but it's still escapism at it's best and with 7 books each 1000+ pages it'll keep you busy for a while. The Hollows series by Kim Harrison and Otherworld series by Kelley Armstrong are both pretty good, although I haven't been keeping up with either lately.
Me: 32 SO: 32
Endometriosis - undiagnosed until laparoscopy in Jan 2012
No problems TTC #1, DS born in March 2008
TTC #2 since July 2009
Started seeing RE Sept 2010
Blood tests show I'm not ovulating, HSG shows right tube is blocked but hysteroscopy was all clear.
4 cycles clomid + TI = BFN
2 cycles clomid, repronex & progesterone + IUI = BFN
Diagnostic Laparoscopy tentatively scheduled for September 13th.
Lap cancelled 09/12/11 due to complete surprise natural BFP, Betas fluctuating, confirmed ectopic. Methotrexate on September 29th.
Diagnostic Laparoscopy rescheduled for January 10th, 2012. Right tube removed, too damaged from the ectopic to save. Lots of endometriosis found and cleaned up.
IUI#3 was a miserable failure. Did not respond at all to repronex. Taking a cycle off before trying Gonal-F
Another natural BFP on April 5th (SO's birthday)!!! EDD December 12th, Cole Marshall arrived December 8th, 7lbs 6oz!
Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:09 PM
All the girls were raving and talking about Fifty Shades of Grey, So I thought I would see if I could manage the book. I read the first one in less than a week and then on to the second. I'm now currently on the final book (chapter 3). It has been a good read.
TTC 4 years
Clomid 50mg June - August 2012 BFN
Clomid 50mg September ..BFP ..Sadly miscarriaged 7 1/2 weeks later
Clomid 50mg November - February 2013 BFN
Puregon 75mg March 2013
Posted 11 September 2012 - 05:53 PM
I read a lot of James Patterson as well and I just picked up the first and second books in the Women's Murder Club series by him. Looking forward to getting into them on my time off.
January 12, 2016 - Baby Lucas born (38w3d) 5lbs10oz, 19.5 in long! We are so in love!
Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:11 PM
- KiwiGal likes this
TTC- 18 mths
Diagnosed with severe endometriosis thru laproscopy Feb 2011, Diagnosed with left tube hydrosalpinx and corrective surgery Dec 12/11
Jan 23/12- First IVF treatment- Start Suprefact
Feb 7/12 Baseline u/s- Start Gonal F-225 and Luveris 75
Feb 19/12 Egg Retrieval- 20 eggs (some immature), 10 fertilized
Feb 24/12 Transfer of 1 perfect blast, 4 blast frosties
Mar 7/12 HPT: BFP!!
Mar 8/12 Lab confirmed BFP!!! Yeahhhhhh!
First u/s scan sometime of week of Mar. 26/12
Estimated due date: November 12/12
Seen 1 little bean with tiny blood clot Mar 29/12. Seen heartbeat, praying everything is gonna b ok
Next u/s booked for May 9/12
Baby measured a full week and one day ahead of schedule!!
Next ultrasound booked for June 14
U/S shows healthy baby right on track with growth. Chose not to find out the sex of our baby!!
November 11, 2012 Welcomed Nathaniel Dean into this world!
Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:45 PM
Posted 17 November 2012 - 06:43 AM
Posted 18 November 2012 - 09:53 AM
Also seconding the Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare, and her other series is good too, I forget what it's called.
See About Me for full info.
"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." - Albert Schweitzer
Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:06 AM
I am 32, - Have Endo
DH - 33
Trying for 7 years. Tried naturally and 1 IUI before going for IVF
IVF #1 - Dec 2012 - No transfer. OHSS , 2 embryo frozen
FET #1 - June 2013 - BFN ( 1Embryo transfer, 1 didn't survive the thaw)
IVF # 2 - Antagonist Cycle- Nov 2013 - BFN ( 2 embryos transfer, 2 frozen)
FET #2 - April 2014 - BFP ending in Miscarriage at 3 months ( 2 transferred, both took. First 1 miscarried then second in span of 3 weeks.)
Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:20 AM
I'm reading "The Girl on the Train" right now and I'm hooked. Its a bit slow to get into but its worth all the hype it's been getting.
January 12, 2016 - Baby Lucas born (38w3d) 5lbs10oz, 19.5 in long! We are so in love!
Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:03 AM
I have been on a YA binge right low. A great book I just read is 'Hold Me Like a Breath' by Tiffany Schmidt
Undergoing IVF with PGD to prevent passing on Neurofibromatosis Type 1
- ??/??/10 - I am diagnosed with Neurofibromatosis Type 1, we discover I have a 50% chance of passing it on. Upon learning more about the disorder we decide IVF with PGD would be our route to have kids in order to prevent passing it on. We consult with Dr. Haebe at OFC to learn more, but aren't yet ready to start. We make a plan to save up.
- 06/02/12 - Our Wedding Day!
- 12/??/15 - Ontario announced funded IVF cycles, we can get the ball rolling!
- 11/25/15 - Consultation @ OFC.
- 01/08/16 - IVF and PGD Consent Signed for Ontario Funded Cycle. (We pay for the PGD)
- 01/14/16 - Nurses received chart, put on wait list for funded IVF.
- 05/26/16 - Name came up on wait list, OHIP consents received!
- 09/21/16 - Genesis completed gene probe, ready for embies! Awaiting call from scheduling nurse.
- 09/30/16 - Start BCP for 21 days, Booked to start Stims (Antagonist Protocol) on October 28th
- 10/28/16 - Start Gonal F pen injections 150 iu
- 11/07/16 - Egg retrieval, 34 eggs retrieved, 17 mature
- 11/08/16 - 12 eggs fertilized, letting them grow to day 5
- 11/13/16 - 5 embryos biopsied and frozen - awaiting PGD testing results
- 12/??/16 - One embryo tested positive for Neurofobromatosis gene mutation. Genesis to re-biopsy to ensure probe is working
- 01/12/17 - Results for re-biopsy received, meeting with Dr. Haebe tomorrow to discuss.
- 01/13/17 - Results are good, mock cycle is the next step before transferring one of our 4 healthy embabies!
- 01/13/17 - All is well with the mick cycle, nurses called. Next step is to call with late March day 1 and then blood tests until I surge, then ultrasound. We are looking at transfer the week of April 10th.
- 03/28/17 - Called in CD1 - final round of testing before transfer is about to begin!
- 04/13/17 - SURGE! Transfer will be April 17
- 04/17/17 - Transferred day 5 blast, BETA will be May 1
- 4/24/17 - 7dp5dt poas and got a faint positive!
- 05/01/17 - Beta results are in (925) we are officially pregnant!
Posted 20 October 2016 - 03:50 PM
Really? It's getting terrible ratings in goodreads.
See about me page.