#1 janaya825

janaya825
  • Global 100+
  • 266 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

Hi Ladies!
I just figured we could post under here for the questions we may have or the results from our testing for immune issues. The Markham girls forum is fantastic but it takes a lot of time to go through to find out who had what immune issue and what treatment they had.

AFM- I have my consult on 8-17. From what I was told I have high NK cells and low antibodies. So I guess it will be LIT and maybe IVIG for me. Did anyone else have high NK levels? If so what was the % you had?
  • gibasgirl likes this

Me-40 DH-45
TTC-2+ years- initially tried on our own and got pregnant but was an ectopic sad.png
Jan 2010-HSG done and showed both tubes open.
Feb 2010-Found a clinic called MCF (not Markham) that only did IUIs. Did 3 cycles with clomid and timed intercourse and 1 cycle with IUI. All BFN
Decided that we should go to a Mount Sinai based on a friend's recommendation.
Nov 2010-got in to see Dr at MS. Advised to try IUI with injectables.
HSG with the dye came back 'inconclusive' but went a head based on previous test
IUI in Feb 2011-BFN
IUI in May 2011-BFN
Decided I didn’t like the vibe at MS and felt I was lost in the shuffle over there
Researched on this forum and others and decided to get a referral to Dr. Virro in Markham
April 2011 referral sent to Dr. Virro
Nov 2011-Finally got in to see Dr. V
Dec 2011-f/up on bw and u/s
Jan 5th 2012- start BCP

CD1 Jan 31-2012
U/S on Feb 1-showed a cyst on my right ovary so no meds to start sad.png
Feb 2-2012- Dr.V drained my cyst and able to start meds 150 pur/150 menp
Feb 7-started Orgalutron
Cycle almost cancelled due to not responding well to meds
Feb 10-stims started working yay!
Feb 19- ER-8 eggs retrieved!
Feb 20-got call from lab for report on embies -1 fractured,2 fertilized incorrectly,1 didn't fert at all--other 4 we will have to see. FXd for them to be good quality
Feb 21-got embie report 2 have matured and divided as they should. ET scheduled for Feb 23!
Feb 23- out of the 4 we have decided to transfer 1 and have 2 more on ice. 1 didn’t develop any further
Feb 29-started to have cramps
March 2- AF started sad.pngsad.png
March 8-Follow up with Dr.V
FET planned for May 2012
April 30-called in my day 1
May 7- went in for b/w
ET-May 14 2012
May 25-BFN
Waiting for WTH appt in early June

June 11-f/up with Dr. V and have decided to explore immune testing
July 13- completed all b/w for ABC
Aug 17- phone consult with ABC to discuss immune itesting results
Sept 6- Follow up with DMV to discuss treatment for high NK cells and low LADs. LIT and IVIG recommended
Sept 13- first LIT
Oct 4- 2nd LIT
Oct 29- re-test of LADs and NKs
Nov 1- ABC cleared me to cycle
Nov 9- F/up with Dr. V- Going to do a natural frozen transfer.
Nov 22-day 1/started calcium and lovenox
Dec 1- blood work countinued until Dec 5
Dec 4-u/s for lining check
Dec 9 -transfer scheduled
Dec 21- Beta- positive but low
Dec 24-2nd beta-rising (more than doubled)
Dec 28- beta rising (# increasing well)
Jan 4 2013-beta still rising but not as high as it should be
Jan 9-u/s to check viability/rule out ectopic
Jan 9-had u/s but couldn't see anything in tubes or uterus. Beta still rising steady. Dr thinks it is too early
Jan 10- had pain and bleeding. Decided to go to the hospital. Got checked out and it is an ectopic in right tube.

Jan 11-24-Treated with Methotrexate 2x.

Jan 25- emerg surgery to remove baby from tube. Ended up losing right tube sad.png

Giving myself time physically/emtionally healing.

In May and June did my immune treatments

July 2013- Fresh IVF cycle-a total of 8 eggs and transferred 1 great blast and 3 frozen. Ended in BFN after 6 days!  We are crushed!

Sept 2013- FET- transferred 2 great blasts and resulted in BFP!! Beta was 1262!

#2 bambi

bambi
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Looooooove to travel, photography, reading, tennis, cooking, foreign movies :)
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:MFC

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Hi Jana,
I saw your post after I posted on the Markham girls forum.
Here are my results:
Ok, so I was able to decipher the results for the first set of tests as they have a reference range and my results seem to fall within that range.
The second set of AEB tests however; is a different story... and I'm hoping that someone can help me understand them

I tested negative for most of the Anti-phospholipid antibodies except for the following:
IgG Phosphoetanolamine Acid (which shows a positive result)
MTHFR C677T Mutation Detection with a result of "Homozygous Muatated" with no "limits" listed and Factor XIII V34L Gene Polymorphism with a result of Heterozygous Muated (with again, no limits listed)
The NK Assay Complete, with results of 9.3, 3.8 and 2 (which fall within the limits) and with a target range of <15%
T Regulatory Cell (TREG) of 1.8 with a limit of <=0.7
Leuokocyte Antibody Detection: T Cells: 5.8 with limits of 50 - 100 (hhhmmm)
B Cells results of 40.2 with limits of 50 - 100 (also hhhmmm)

Not sure if this means anything to anyone on here and if it does, kindly share... Posted Image

ME: 38, DH: 39
Trying to conceive since 2007
Natural pregnancy #1: 2007: seven weeks, left ectopic (treated with Methotrexate)
Natural pregnancy #2: 2008: six weeks, left ectopic (treated with Methotrexate)
IVM 1: 2010: BFN
IVM 2: 2011: BFN
IVM 3: 2011: BFN
Changed clinic: MFC
Explored immune testing with AEB: July/August 2012
Suggested Immune treatment: 2 LIT, 1 IVIG, Lovenox and Aspirin
LIT 1: September 2012
LIT 2: October 2012

Got clearance to cycle from AEB
Started BCP: October
November 14: Day 2 of cycle got cancelled due to high estrogen levels and cyst
December: BCP
January: starting IVF #1

#3 janaya825

janaya825
  • Global 100+
  • 266 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:08 AM

Hi Bambi,
I am as lost as you!! I dont know what it all means. I have not received my results yet via the mail but the lady from ABC briefly went over them with me. I have high NK levels and low Leuokocyte Antibody (I see you have that also) She also went briefly over the treatment and I believe I will need LIT and IVIG but I am not sure.
When is your phone consult? when is your f/up with DMV?

Me-40 DH-45
TTC-2+ years- initially tried on our own and got pregnant but was an ectopic sad.png
Feb 2010-Found a clinic called MCF (not Markham) that only did IUIs. Did 3 cycles with clomid and timed intercourse and 1 cycle with IUI. All BFN
HSG with the dye came back 'inconclusive' but went a head based on previous test
IUI in Feb 2011-BFN
IUI in May 2011-BFN
Decided I didn’t like the vibe at MS and felt I was lost in the shuffle over there
Researched on this forum and others and decided to get a referral to Dr. Virro in Markham
Jan 5th 2012- start BCP

CD1 Jan 31-2012
Feb 7-started Orgalutron
Feb 20-got call from lab for report on embies -1 fractured,2 fertilized incorrectly,1 didn't fert at all--other 4 we will have to see. FXd for them to be good quality
Feb 21-got embie report 2 have matured and divided as they should. ET scheduled for Feb 23!
Feb 23- out of the 4 we have decided to transfer 1 and have 2 more on ice. 1 didn’t develop any further
FET planned for May 2012
May 7- went in for b/w
ET-May 14 2012
May 25-BFN

Sept 6- Follow up with DMV to discuss treatment for high NK cells and low LADs. LIT and IVIG recommended
Sept 13- first LIT
Oct 4- 2nd LIT
Jan 9-had u/s but couldn't see anything in tubes or uterus. Beta still rising steady. Dr thinks it is too early
Jan 10- had pain and bleeding. Decided to go to the hospital. Got checked out and it is an ectopic in right tube.

Jan 25- emerg surgery to remove baby from tube. Ended up losing right tube sad.png

July 2013- Fresh IVF cycle-a total of 8 eggs and transferred 1 great blast and 3 frozen. Ended in BFN after 6 days!  We are crushed!

#4 bambi

bambi
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Looooooove to travel, photography, reading, tennis, cooking, foreign movies :)

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

Jana - did they not fax you the results? It's funny because the lady at AEB wouldn't go over the results with me. She kept saying that on the day of the consult (which is 15/08 BTW), the Dr. would go over everything with me. Which is fine, but she could have at least given me some information (considering the amount of money we've paid for these tests).
My follow-up with Dr. V is scheduled for 30/08. I tried to see if I could get a earlier one but he's booked until October!!!!!!!! Can you imagine?

Natural pregnancy #1: 2007: seven weeks, left ectopic (treated with Methotrexate)

#5 janaya825

janaya825
  • Global 100+
  • 266 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:17 AM

Bambi- Yes I received the fax results and I am just waiting for my consult on Friday.
Wow October?!! He is a busy man!!
How was your phone consult?

Me-40 DH-45
IUI in Feb 2011-BFN
IUI in May 2011-BFN
Jan 5th 2012- start BCP

CD1 Jan 31-2012
Feb 7-started Orgalutron
FET planned for May 2012
May 7- went in for b/w
ET-May 14 2012
May 25-BFN

Sept 13- first LIT
Oct 4- 2nd LIT

#6 Nantol

Nantol
  • Cyclebase
  • 393 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

Hi ladies
Just thought I'd post here that I have my phone consult with Dr Trobough on august 30 - did either of you consult with him?

The AEB person I spoke to couldn't go over details the only thing she said was that I have high numbers (she didn't specify for what)

Happy things are moving along?
See my About Me page for cycle history

"Everything will be all right in the end. So if it's not all right it is not yet the end" - Sonny (Best Exotic Marigold Hotel film)

#7 Nantol

Nantol
  • Cyclebase
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:09 PM

Lol I'm horrible at typing with my smartphone I meant am exclamation mark not a question mark at the end
  • gibasgirl likes this

"Everything will be all right in the end. So if it's not all right it is not yet the end" - Sonny (Best Exotic Marigold Hotel film)

#8 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

I had a phone consult with Dr. T. He explains things as he goes over the results. He has a calm demeanour over the phone. And feel free to ask questions and take notes (well, I tried).

All the best!

#9 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi Ladies....

I have a question for you. I have all my med info here (my chart) and have filled out all of the registration stuff for the beer people but have yet to go through with anything yet. I am terrified. I hav ebeen reading everyone's posts regarding bloodwork, and endo biopsies...and sono's (is this a HSG?) and now I am afraid even more. Is this process as scary as it all seems? Should I be totally THIS worried about the whole thing?

The treatments seem even scarier.... injectible Humira? blood transfusions?

Any words of encouragement is very appreciated.

I want baby...very badly...and I am sure it is all worth it... I am just super scared....

:/

#10 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.

Posted 29 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

It's actually ok. I am going through the treatments and did the bloodwork (also the endometrial biopsy).

In many ways it is like the "standard" pre-IVF testing except they are looking for other things. Now not everyone does the biopsy, but that is done to see if your lining has any issues re: making you uterus less receptive to implantation (I forget which hormones ir if it's Natural Killer Cells that they are looking for).

The process is step by step.

You can do it. :)

The most frustrating part is waiting and trying to co-ordinate with Markham when you're eager fir an immediate response and they are busy. But yiu get through it.

#11 Nantol

Nantol
  • Cyclebase
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 10:07 AM

I had a phone consult with Dr. T. He explains things as he goes over the results. He has a calm demeanour over the phone. And feel free to ask questions and take notes (well, I tried).

All the best!

Thanks GG! I am a bit nervous (consult is today). I'll KUP on this thread. It's comforting to hear the Dr has a calm demeanor. I'm going to record the conversation as Bambi suggested( thanks Bambi) so i don't have to worry about taking notes. once your done your 2nd lit when can you start cycling?

Bambi I'm interested to hear what Dr V has to say at your f/ u .today. :)

Hockeygirl - as Gibas said just take it one step at a time. I had the biopsy done by Dr V and it wasn't that bad - it's a quick procedure at least. As for your being scared sh*tless regarding the possible treatments - yeah it is pretty overwhelming stuff but I had since February to wrap my head around it - asking questions and pming the lovely ladies on this forum so that when I finally went for my first consult with Dr V - I was prepared. :)

BTW you're post on the other thread was hilarious. As for the fb page - i'd be interested in joining sure :)

#12 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 02:00 PM

I did the 2nd LIT today.
Now we wait and then re-test to determine the results/effectiveness of treatment in 3 weeks. So if the treatments work I will get the green light to cycle.

Just found out that my DH's white blood count was lower than ideal. It was a little better for LIT # 2, but sill below 55 million (something like that) Not sure if that bodes poorly for us and could not bother asking. I was in a good mood. I don't need to add another thing to my worry list. :)

#13 bambi

bambi
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 03:27 PM

Nantol: how did the consult go today? I spoke with Dr. T. also and he was really good. He took his time to explain everything and gave me a chance to ask questions also.

GG: hopefully you can cycle soon!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. It'll be nice to be prego during Christmas... :)

Hockeygirl: I know what what you mean with the blood transfusion and all... I was very apprehensive myself about the treatment but it kinda went away. The process does take time... but I learned to take it one step at a time. Honestly, it hasn't been that bad.. it's just a lot of waiting that's all...

AFM: I had a very quick consult with Dr. V today. He just confirmed my treatment and that's about it. So I'm having 2 LIT, and it looks like one IVIG as well. He said that he's had a lot of success with IVIG so he wants me to do it.

As per Dr. V's attire... he looked really handsome today. Black pants (they looked like track pants but not exactly), white shirt and high tops.
He's a very stylish man! ;)

#14 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

Hey I was there too! Yes the pants looks like a better version of, hmm, Dockers. (shudder).

I didn't expect any of the Markham ladies there. I was there at 9 AND 12 today. What time were you there, Bambi?

#15 hockeygirl

hockeygirl
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 04:59 PM

Hi again!

You ladies are so awesome.... you are my cheerleaders and I am going to submit my paperwork next week after the long weekend. THANK YOU!

I will take things one step at a time. I will immerse myself in work and my at home business (I am a photographer and I make baby items, cloth diapers, custom made blankies, pee pee pads, car pee pee pads, etc)...I guess that would be businesses...lol. Hopefully that will take my mind off of worrying about it and I'll just go with the flow.

As for the endo biopsy I am not sure if I'll need it or not. I have always had retained tissue after each miscarriage that did fine...it grew...which isn't good because there was no baby there or the emby had passed away..and I never had any issues with implantation...my betas were always great. So I may include a little letter with all of my paperwork asking them if I can be excused from the biopsy....maybe just begging them to let me go with just bloodwork. If I really need the biopsy I'll do it for sure... Tina told me that they don't do endo biopsies for women on BCP's. So who knows. *shrug*

Anyhow GG I am excited to hear how your results turn out after your second LIT treatment...and Bambi I am excited to hear how your treatments go... :)

Nantol - waiting to hear about your test results! And OK...I will set up a FB page and invite whoever wants to join in!
  • gibasgirl likes this

#16 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:08 PM

Yay! That is great news HG. :D

As far as the endo biopsy goes it is do-able. 100%. If it is needed, it will provide more answers to the questions around the nature of your roadblocks.

#17 Nantol

Nantol
  • Cyclebase
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:07 PM

Hello Ladies,

GG - it looks like hockeygirl gave you a very scientific answer re: your DH's WBC so it looks like it's nothing to worry about - yay! I do hope your cleared to cycle soon and your LAD numbers have gone way up!

Bambi - so the f/u was just to go over AEB stuff? He didn't actually get into the IVF protocol? Did AEB recommend IVIg or was this solely Dr V's recommendation?

Love the outfit update thanks - :)

hockeygirl - now that I have the phone consult out of the way I have to say that it really is worth it to do the testing that AEB recommends - they are incredibly thorough and were able to surprisingly able to rule out something for me as well.

AFM-
I agree Dr. T is a sweet man. Very easy to talk to and he went out of his way to try and make a complicated subject uncomplicated. It also helped that I recorded the conversation so I could revisit what he said and it helped clarify a few points.

So his overall prognosis is that (shockingly) I have relatively mild issues but that these mild issues could still impact pregnancy outcomes.

He recommended LIT, Lovenox, Levo thyroxin (to regulate thyroid antibodies - the brand name is Synthroid?), Metformin (treat insulin resistance), 2000 IU Vit D3 (as it is currently insufficient) & baby aspirin.

I was shocked when he said my NK and cytokines were in the normal range so it looks like IVig isn't required - however I'm wondering if Dr. V will have a different view? I'm kind of hoping I don't have to do it but I'll wait to hear what DMV has to say.

Dr T said that although my thyroid levels are within the normal range - the thyroid antibodies results are quite high (>1000) yup 3 zeros. Has anyone had these high numbers? He said that there are studies that have found thyroid antibodies in follicular fluid (no one is sure how they get there and why) but its presence in the follicular fluid can be toxic to eggs.
So he did state that prior to starting a cycle I would need to be put on thyroid medication.

It was a great consult - :) My f/u with DMV is 09/24 that's also the day I receive my 3rd and final Lupron shot :s

#18 bambi

bambi
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:42 PM

Hey I was there too! Yes the pants looks like a better version of, hmm, Dockers. (shudder).

I didn't expect any of the Markham ladies there. I was there at 9 AND 12 today. What time were you there, Bambi?

GG: I was there at 12 too with DH!!!!!!! OMG... were you reading "50 Shades Freed" by any chance? I was wearing a white top and pants.

#19 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 08:55 PM

I was wesring a white blouse and grey skirt but no book for the noon visit. Tali preety much took me in for the injections as soon as I walked into the waiting area. *sadface* It's all fuzzy and there so few people today.

Hello!

I was reading "You are made for more" in the morning. No sexytime reading in the waiting room. Hmm who was that daring and frisky lady? LOL.

#20 bambi

bambi
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I was wesring a white blouse and grey skirt but no book for the noon visit. Tali preety much took me in for the injections as soon as I walked into the waiting area. *sadface* It's all fuzzy and there so few people today.

Hello!

I was reading "You are made for more" in the morning. No sexytime reading in the waiting room. Hmm who was that daring and frisky lady? LOL.

Hahahahah I wonder who the frisky lady was... lol
I did see you GG. I was at the counter talking to Tina, booking the next app. and I saw you with a paper in your hands (I think) and you were talking to one of the nurses.
You're one hot lady!! :))

#21 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

That was me! The lady with the paper (not porno) talking to Tali.

Ohhh *blush*

• Nantol likes this

#22 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:16 PM

I remember someone talking to Tina but wanted to give them/you privacy. Do you have blonde hair?

#23 Nantol

Nantol
  • Cyclebase
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:38 PM

Someone was reading 50 shades in the waiting room!!! very daring indeed lol

• gibasgirl likes this

#24 bambi

bambi
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

Nantol: Dr. V joked when we first walked in and said that I had failed everything… lol
He added that he's glad that we finally know what's wrong with me and mentioned something about the killer cells… those darn killer cells…. How dare they go around killing… :)
He then said that I'll be needing 2 LIT and 1 IVIG. The AEB ppl said that I may need IVIG depending on how I respond to LIT but it seems that Dr. V recommends it regardless because he said that he's had success with it. So I guess we'll see what happens.

Hockeygirl: I'd send the paperwork soon to the beer ppl (lol you're hilarious). DH and I were laughing at "the beer ppl"
Anyhow, the sooner the better!! Once they receive the paperwork, they'll give you a call and charge you a fee between $75 to $150 and then you'll get the requisition forms.

GG: I have long wavy (with a bit of curl) dark hair and I'm petite. I don't think you saw me because you were looking at your porno paper ;)
  • gibasgirl likes this

#25 janaya825

janaya825
  • Global 100+
  • 266 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Hi ladies!
Good to see the activity on this thread!

Ok I had my ABC consult on 8-17 and they recommend 2 LIT and 2 IVIG/ Lovenox,and metformin. Apparently I have high NK cells. I am glad they found out the cause of me not getting pregnant. Sigh it seems like a lot of treatment and more $$ but I know it is worth it!
I had my f/up with DMV on 9-06 but Wendy called and switched the appointment to this coming Tuesday. I thought when she called she was going to move out the f/up to a further date and I groaned when she said we have to 're-schedule your appointment' but luckily she bumped it up to an earlier date :)
I also took hmmm I am trying to remember the person. maybe Bambi? advice on calling Helen to book for a LIT appointment. So I spoke with Helen and she gave me a tentative date of 9-13 and sent over our infectious disease reqs to have done as they expire in Nov. She said that I would have to do 2 LITs but the IVIG DMV would decide on how many..maybe 1 as he knows how much they cost. Jeez they go by weight and I am a woman with some meat on her! She asked me my weight and I whispered it to her and told her not to tell anyone (LOL) and then she gave me the cost of it...WOW!! after I recovered I told her I have been working out so that number will change!
I am just want to hear what DMV suggest and get the ball rolling asap.

GG-how long is a LIT? Anymore info you can offer would be great.

Have a great long weekend ladies!
  • gibasgirl likes this

Me-40 DH-45
IUI in Feb 2011-BFN
IUI in May 2011-BFN
Jan 5th 2012- start BCP

CD1 Jan 31-2012
Feb 7-started Orgalutron
FET planned for May 2012
May 7- went in for b/w
ET-May 14 2012
May 25-BFN

Sept 13- first LIT
Oct 4- 2nd LIT