26 replies to this topic

#1 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:montreal fertility centre

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:20 AM

Hi all MOMs and all MOMs to be!! I started researching a little online about best cribs, strollers and car seats for twins etc and am overwhelmed!! I would live some advice about what you have chosen and why!! Our living space is a litle limited for the moment so I think we will opt out of getting 2 cribs that convert into beds for the time being.... I want to sleep both babies in the same crib at first---- have any of you done this? Regarding strollers, do you suggest front/back or side to side?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
Thanks in advance!
K :)

Me: 33, mild PCOS (dx based on my long, sometimes irregular cycles), heterozygous MTHFR but normal homocysteine
DH: 30, PERFECT!
Extensive RPL testing all negative
TTC since October 2010

2 missed m/c's in July and Dec 2011 (embryo stopped growing at 7.5 and 6.5 weeks)

March 25,2012: 1st IVF, (6 days of menopur 75 and puregon 100, 3 days of orgalutran) triggered on day 9 (ovidrel 250 and busirelin 1cc)
after only 6 days of stims. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 immature :( , 3 mature---All 3 fertilized. Uterine lining great!!
March 30,2012: Day 3 transfer of 1 perfect 10-cell grade 1A embryo, 2 other embies unable to freeze as they didn't become high grade blasts :(

April 6/12: BFP at 7dp3dt....
Betas: April 9=184, 11:=410, 12=557, 16=5391!!
1st u/s: April 27: Surprise!!! Two little beans in there!! Monochorionic diamniotic twins!

NT scan June 5th: Both babe's passed with flying colours!!!

Anatomy scan at 18 weeks June 19: 2 healthy BOYS!! So far, so good!!
Nov 18 2012: Our two beautiful boys arrived healthy as can be!!!

src="http://lpmm.lilypie.com/j7k6m5.png" width="200" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Premature Baby tickers" />

Sticky baby dust to you all!!!

#2 nextchapter

nextchapter
  • Global 100+
  • 374 posts
  • Interests:knitting, youtube, reading
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:44 AM

Hi woodlandsgirl
I am currently pregnant with twins too! into my second trimester..or at least entering it..regarding cribs and strollers..we live in a very small 1 bedroom apartment so we are opting for one crib at first (until we get a bigger place) and I would like a front/back stroller. I'm debating whether to get those stroller frames to pop your car seats in or an actual double stroller. I hear sometimes babies don't like their car seat so I don't know..we may hold out on a stroller at first since we can just wear them in the beginning or tote them around in their car seats I guess..lots of options!

Me 31 DH 33
Male Factor

IVF/ICSI #1 July 2011
July 8-17 Gonal-F 300 Menopur 150, Centritide .25mg starting on day 5
July 20, 2011 ER - 8 follies retrieved 7 matured, 5 fertilized, 2 slowed in growth, other three continued till day 5.
July 25, 2011 ET- 5 Day transfer with 2BBx2 eggs, none to freeze
Aug 3, 2011 beta results- BFN

IVF/ICSI #2 September 2011- Low Dose Lupron Protocol
Sept 1-11 Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Lupron (5 units)
Sept 14, 2011 ER- 14 follies retrieved, 13 matured, 10 fertilized, 8 continued with 2 slower in growth until day 5
Sept 19, 2011 ET- 5 day transfer with 2 eggs- 2AB, 2B+
Sept 20, 2011 - able to freeze 2 eggies! super excited
Sept 28- BFP!! beta number #1: 33
Oct 4- beta number #3: 560
Oct 19- 7 week u/s- heartbeat detected small sac, embryo measuring 6 1/5 weeks
Oct 25- noticed spotting, clotting and more spotting..
Oct 26- u/s performed and indicated that i had a 7w6d miscarriage

FET # 1 Jan 2012- Lupron/Estrace Protocol
Dec 31 Lupron 5 Units, start Estrace 2mg
Jan 20 FET!! 4BB and 2AB
Jan 30 beta: BFN

IVF/ICSI #3 May 2012- Low Dose Lupron Protocol--Aggressive Protocol
Mar 14 Immunological testing for Recurrent Pregnancy Loss blood tests-everything OK!
April 26- Uterine Lining Biopsy- to "stir" things up
May 4-12- Gonal-F 300, Menopur 150, Lupron 5 units
May 15- ER- 13 follies retrieved, 9 mature, 8 fertilized, 7 continued with 1 slower in growth until day 5
May 16- Start Prometrium (the usual) and have added 2 mg Estrace twice daily
May 20- ET- 5 day transfer with 1- 3AB, 1- 2BB and 1- class 3 morula
May 21- able to freeze 1 egg!
May 29- (9dp5dt) Beta-BFP!! 311
May 31-(11dp5dt) Beta #2- 683
June 25 - 7w6d u/s- I have two babies growing!! Baby A 7w3d and Baby B 7w2d- heart rate in the 160's
July 4- 9w1d u/s- Baby A measured 8w4d and Baby B measured 8w2d and heart rates in the 170's
July 31- 13w0d- First Trimester Screening (FTS)- baby A 12w6d and baby B 12w6d!! Heart rates 160's. NT, Tri 21, 18,13 low low %!!
Oct 10- 23w1d- put on bed rest and Progesterone as cervix is measuring short. Praying babies stay in there!
Nov 14- 28w1d- Baby A's waist is small. OB detects the possibility of growth restriction and will keep a close eye on him. Baby B doesn't seem affected at the moment.

Dec. 3- 30w5d- Going in for Fetal Monitoring (1x/wk) due to Mild Restricted Growth for Baby Boy A. Baby Girl B is on the cusp of being Growth Restricted.
Dec. 24- Fetal monitoring 3x a week. OB says I will not go past 36 weeks due to Growth restriction for both babies.

Jan 17, 2013- Andrew John ( 6 lbs 5 oz) and Lucy Cristina (4 lbs 14 oz) were born via C section.

Things I did for this cycle that's different from previous cycles: CoQ10 400 mg twice a day (started in Jan), Benadryl 25 mg 1x day after ET right up to Beta, drank more Rooibos tea after ET, increased my carbs since I am on low carb

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

#3 nervus optmist

nervus optmist
  • Global Moderators
  • 2,017 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:newlife

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

from my long ago adventures in babysitting I always preferred side to side strollers, much easier to push than front to back. but stroller technology has improved, and front to back does fit easier in tight spaces - side to side is pretty wide.

I am 33, DH - 35
Genetic - IVF&PGD to prevent Genetic Disorder
IVF #1 - Nov/08 - MC @ 6 weeks, no embryos frozen
IVF #2 - Aug/09 - bfn
IUI #1 - Feb/10 - ectopic
PRIDE - Apr/10
Homestudy - July/10
Given the gift of donor embryos - Jan/12
Donor FET Jun/12 - 9 weeks - no heartbeat... MC
Donor FET Oct/12 - we're PG biggrin.png

===> Beautiful baby boy born June 2013 babyboy.gif

#4 poisondoc

poisondoc
  • Global 100+
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:teaching, hiking, camping, reading, music, volunteering with local organ-donation awareness organization.
  • Dx:Vasectomy

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

We used the Graco twin pack & play with the twin bassinets for the first 3 months in our room (so that I would have quicker access for nursing throughout the night). At age 3 months I moved the girls into the nursery into one crib, even though we already had 2 cribs, both of them convert into toddler/full beds. They slept really well with each other up until about 6 months. Just in the last week we have separated them into 2 separate cribs because they are moving around so much now I would literally find them laying on top of each other (even on each others heads!), and they began waking each other up to play. I think it was harder for me than it was for them to be separated, but they seem to be sleeping so much better now!

We have also been using the Chicco front/back stroller (we also have the Chicco carseats). The thing is long but it is so easy to maneuver through aisles and around corners. We will be getting a BOB side by side in the next couple of months, but we will use that for jogging and out door activities and stick with the Chicco or joined umbrella strollers (so much easier to pack in the car and take WAY less room) for every day use. I have also been told the side by sides are not great getting through a lot of doorways, etc.

Me - 38 (no fertility issues, except age)
DH - 44 (vasectomy, 19 yrs ago)

TESA aspiration on 3/21/2011 - success!

IVF #1
Baseline ultrasound -May 4th
Stimming begins -May 7th
ER - May 16th, retrieved 12, 10 mature
10 out of 10 eggs fertilized with ICSI!!
Our 10 little embryos are tucked in nice and warm, happily growing (positive vibes) in the incubator until May 21st
ET- May 21st: 2 blasts - 1 grade 1, 1 grade 2; 2 blasts made it to frosties!
Beta #1: May 30th - 149. BFP!!!
Beta #2: June 1st - 327.
U/S #1: June 16th - TWINS! Saw heart beats, but will take all measurements at U/S #2
U/S #2: June 23rd - babies measuring right on track, HBs in the 130s!
U/S #3: July 14th - babies both measuring 10w4d, heart rates Baby A 170; Baby B 174.
Anatomy scan and amnio - August 24th: FISH tests and amino are completely normal for both babies. Babies are measuring right on track, Baby A HR 145, Baby B HR 151. Genders are staying a surprise until birth day!
36 week ultrasound - Baby A (breech) measuring 5 lbs 3 oz. and Baby B (vertex) measuring 6 lbs. 12 oz.
We welcomed our daughters to our family January 19, 2012 at 37w4d.

"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would give my life for you. This is the miracle of love. ~ Maureen Hawkins"

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

#5 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Thanks for the reply ladies!! Nextchapter, congrats on your twins!! I have been looking into the car seats that fit into frames etc. Poisondoc, ( beautiful little girls BTW!! :) ) thanks for your advice!! I am so happy to hear that you were able to keep them sleeping together until 6 months! That's great!! Great advice about the bassinet for the bedroom at first too--- I guess I should plan on keeping them in the bedroom with me for about the first 3 months at night. Are your Chicco car seats separate from the stroller? I agree that the side to side strollers are so wide and seem quite cumbersome. Do the Chicco car seats have the little insert for really tiny newborns? Did you get 2 swings and 2 jumpers too?
Looking at double everythig makes my head spin but it is so exciting at the same time!
This is a little off topic but how have you been managing the feedings Poisondoc? Have you been able to keep them on the same schedule?

Thanks again!!

K

Me: 33, mild PCOS (dx based on my long, sometimes irregular cycles), heterozygous MTHFR but normal homocysteine
TTC since October 2010

2 missed m/c's in July and Dec 2011 (embryo stopped growing at 7.5 and 6.5 weeks)

March 25,2012: 1st IVF, (6 days of menopur 75 and puregon 100, 3 days of orgalutran) triggered on day 9 (ovidrel 250 and busirelin 1cc)
after only 6 days of stims. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 immature :( , 3 mature---All 3 fertilized. Uterine lining great!!
March 30,2012: Day 3 transfer of 1 perfect 10-cell grade 1A embryo, 2 other embies unable to freeze as they didn't become high grade blasts :(

1st u/s: April 27: Surprise!!! Two little beans in there!! Monochorionic diamniotic twins!

src="http://lpmm.lilypie.com/j7k6m5.png" width="200" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Premature Baby tickers" />

#6 Paramama

Paramama
  • Cyclebase
  • 58 posts
  • Interests:Health, food & pretty much anything outdoors.
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Conceptia

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

My sister-in-law has twin girls & swears by the mountain buggy side by side. I'm not sure if she has the duet or duo, they are very similar.
I always liked the Phil n Teds classic or explorer, but a friend that has a sister very close in age said she would never use a front & back stroller as one child always loses out. Just another perspective.

Re car seats in strollers, I've heard it's bad for the babies development to spend too much time in a car seat. They should lie flat for the first few months at least. I would choose a stroller that you can lie the seat down completely or use a carrycot. I can really appreciate though how easy it is for mums to just move the car seat over to the stroller. I guess I'll have to face that decision when my time comes.

#7 smc

smc

BiCentennial

• Cyclebase
  • 4,977 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with family and friends.

Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:43 PM

Our experience: Strollers: The snap n' go strollers are FANTASTIC up until about 8+ months. They are the ones you just snap the car seats into. That way you aren't struggling to get them in and out of carseats and they fold up super small which is awesome because other strollers take up way to much room. I highly, highly recommend the Snap N' Go. They only take seconds to fold and unfold and because they are so light weight they are super easy to toss in the trunk. We have the strollers now where they are one behind the other (tandem I think it is called??) and it works well. We also have a side by side but they can poke and irritate each other more that way.

Beds: We found with our twins that they hated sleeping together and woke each other up constantly. We did the playpen in our room thing for a month I think and then they went into separate cribs in their own shared room. They like being in the same room but not the same bed.
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

#8 happytoday

happytoday
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:47 PM

Hi

We got this stroller and I love it.

http://www.stroll-ai...llairmyduo.html

People even stop me all the time to say what a nice stroller it is. I got the car seat adapters so that I can put their car seats in it. It has made it so much easier to get around on my own.

My babies are 6 months and still sleeping together in a cosleeper.

http://www.armsreach...th=cPath=3_18_1

The only downside to this is that they don't sell them in Canada as they are too big to be be considered a basinet and do not meet the same standards as cribs must meet. It has been great so far but my son is starting to wake up and roll into my daughter so I will be moving them into their own cribs soon.

Good luck!

#9 conky

conky
  • Global 100+
  • 744 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

We got the Ikea Gulliver cribs because they're cheap and simple. Our twins shared one for maybe 2 months? I'm not sure when we separated them but it was a while ago (they're 8 months now).

For a stroller we got the Bumbleride Indie Twin. It's a side by side but it definitely fits through standard doorways. We haven't had any problems so far. It's a dream to maneouvre. It only takes one car seat, but if we were taking them for a walk we just laid them flat with the seats reclined. We didn't buy the carrycots because the stroller cost a fortune as it was and we didn't think we'd use them enough to be worthwhile. We already had moses baskets for inside but I've heard some people use them inside a lot instead of a bassinet and they are really nice. To be honest, i didn't get out much AT ALL for a while because I don't drive and we had them in late November so it was cold. Had we been out and about with them more, something we could have snapped car seats into woul dhave been more useful but for us it would have been a waste. Anyway, I love our stroller. It's huge for packing into our hatchback, which sucks, but for taking them out for walks which I do almost everyday, it's amazing.

#10 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1,500 posts
  • My Clinic:AART- Halifax

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

My boys shared the pack and play for a few months(maybe 2 months after they came home) and then moved into their own cribs. We just got very basic white cribs from Sears, think they were around $150 each. For car seats we ended up with Maxi Cosi which we were happy with. We got a City Select stroller which we like too (my boys are 14 months). I love that it is both a single and a double, often I just want to take one baby out, it also folds up Super small. Now that they are bigger I am starting to want a side by side though..For what that's worth, good luck!

Me: 31, DH:34
? Mild PCOS/ Mild Male factor- Low Morph- 9%
TTC- Since Dec 2005

August/Sept 2009- IUI + injectabes cycle- BFN- was converted from IUI to IVF(20 follies growing) and then back to IUI(3 mature follies)....

IVF/ICSI cycle Sept/Oct 2010- BFP- (I insisisted on ICSI against my Drs wishes, and in the end we needed it)..
Oct 12- ER- 19 eggs, 15 mature, 6 fert
Oct 15- ET- morula- 18/20 & a 10 cell- 19/20 (Faith & Wish)
-636- 12dp3dt, #2- 4,267- 17dp3dt
Nov 23- 8 week u/s- TWINS
Incompetent Cervix diagnosed at 24 weeks. Hospital bedrest 24- 33 weeks due to 0.6 cm cervix, 1-2 cms dialated(at 24 weeks)
May 16th- 2011- Baby A breaks his water
May 18th- 2011- Boys arrive 33w1d
Baby A- Chase Michael- 4 lbs 4 oz, 17.5 in, 3:01 PM Baby B- Carter Luke- 4 lbs 2 oz, 16.5 in, 3:55 PM

[b]NEVER SAY NEVER..
QJmfm4.png

#11 poisondoc

poisondoc
  • Global 100+
  • 189 posts
  • Interests:teaching, hiking, camping, reading, music, volunteering with local organ-donation awareness organization.
  • Dx:Vasectomy

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:00 PM

Thanks for the reply ladies!! Nextchapter, congrats on your twins!! I have been looking into the car seats that fit into frames etc. Poisondoc, ( beautiful little girls BTW!! Posted Image ) thanks for your advice!! I am so happy to hear that you were able to keep them sleeping together until 6 months! That's great!! Great advice about the bassinet for the bedroom at first too--- I guess I should plan on keeping them in the bedroom with me for about the first 3 months at night. Are your Chicco car seats separate from the stroller? I agree that the side to side strollers are so wide and seem quite cumbersome. Do the Chicco car seats have the little insert for really tiny newborns? Did you get 2 swings and 2 jumpers too?
Looking at double everythig makes my head spin but it is so exciting at the same time!
This is a little off topic but how have you been managing the feedings Poisondoc? Have you been able to keep them on the same schedule?

Thanks again!!

K

woodlandsgirl - yes, the Chicco car seats are separate from the stroller and just snap in (both backwards so that babies are facing you) - no adapter needed to use 2 infant seats (I believe the system is called the KeyFit 30). They have the inserts and are rated down to 4 lbs (I did that just in case). The seats recline, so once your little ones can semi-support their heads you can use the stroller without the car seats (there is a 5 point harness for support). We alternate who goes in front, and who goes in back...hasn't been too much of an issue to this point.

Yes we got 2 swings - and I have to admit those were a LIFESAVER the first few months. Kiera (our little baby) had horrible reflux and the slight elevation, along with the motion of the swing, is the only thing that allowed for her (and us!) to get any sleep some nights. We still use the swings, but I would say in the next couple of months they are going to have outgrown them - and they try to flip over in them all the time now so we have to make sure to buckle them in. I would look and see if you can find them used and in good condition since they will likely only use them for We also bought 2 jumperoos - just in the last month (they wouldn't have been long enough to touch the ground before that). I have to say that by far is one of the best baby item investments we ever made. They both LOVE the jumperoos and will easily spend 30 minutes in them at a time (probably longer if we let them) playing with the toys and jumping. We like to take them outside on the deck, as well as use them in the house. There are 3 settings for height so I think we should be able to use them for at least a few more months. If nothing else, it give us the chance to run and put a load of laundry in or cook a quick meal while they are entertained and you know they can't get in to anything and hurt themselves.

Yes, I have had both girls on the same feeding schedule since they came home from the hospital. Honestly, if you are going to attempt to breast feed I wouldn't attempt it any other way or you will never get any sleep the first few weeks. They will feed for about 30 minutes every 2 hrs the first few weeks and then it spreads out as they get older. Right now they are only nursing for about 6-8 minutes a few times a day, since we have started solids twice a day they have really cut back and are so efficient! I would recommend a good nursing pillow and enlist the help of DH - without my husband's support helping get the girls in position and latched on during the first week home I never would have been successful with breastfeeding. By the time DH went back to work - 2 weeks after the girls were born - I was able to tandem breastfeed without any issues by myself. I used a similar approach to the one that alanna showed in her topic in this forum (the breastfeeding multiples topic - she did a wonderful job!). Even when I bottle feed EBM, I still feed them at the same time - put both in a boppy or their bouncy and feed them together. I followed a similar approach as the Babywise book (although didn't use the cry it out method - I never had to), which was actually recommended to me by my OB (who also has twins)...eat, play, sleep blocks of time throughout the day. My girls were sleeping through the night by 12 weeks, and have been sleeping pretty good ever since.

Yes, the thought of 2 of everything is a bit daunting (and can fill a house up quickly!) - but it is all so worth it once your little ones are here and you get to experience them each day!
  • Emily81 likes this

Me - 38 (no fertility issues, except age)
DH - 44 (vasectomy, 19 yrs ago)

TESA aspiration on 3/21/2011 - success!

IVF #1
Baseline ultrasound -May 4th
Stimming begins -May 7th
ER - May 16th, retrieved 12, 10 mature
10 out of 10 eggs fertilized with ICSI!!
Our 10 little embryos are tucked in nice and warm, happily growing (positive vibes) in the incubator until May 21st
ET- May 21st: 2 blasts - 1 grade 1, 1 grade 2; 2 blasts made it to frosties!
Beta #1: May 30th - 149. BFP!!!
Beta #2: June 1st - 327.
U/S #1: June 16th - TWINS! Saw heart beats, but will take all measurements at U/S #2
U/S #2: June 23rd - babies measuring right on track, HBs in the 130s!
U/S #3: July 14th - babies both measuring 10w4d, heart rates Baby A 170; Baby B 174.
Anatomy scan and amnio - August 24th: FISH tests and amino are completely normal for both babies. Babies are measuring right on track, Baby A HR 145, Baby B HR 151. Genders are staying a surprise until birth day!
36 week ultrasound - Baby A (breech) measuring 5 lbs 3 oz. and Baby B (vertex) measuring 6 lbs. 12 oz.
We welcomed our daughters to our family January 19, 2012 at 37w4d.

"Before you were conceived I wanted you. Before you were born I loved you. Before you were here an hour I would give my life for you. This is the miracle of love. ~ Maureen Hawkins"

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

#12 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:21 PM

As poisondoc pointed out when they are little it is so important that they are on the same schedule for eating especially, otherwise you could feed around the clock and sleep very little..

We bought 2 small space saver swings(a waste of $), and one large swing, if I could go back I would have bought one that plugged in, my one little guy loved the swing and we went through ALOT of batteries. We also had a bouncy chair, and 2 Infant to Toddler rockers that I couldn't have managed without! We also got 2 exersaucers and a jumperoo. We still use the play pen(only 30 lbs weight limit though) mostly for "time out" now ;)

We bought nearly all our baby gear 2nd hand. We bought new car seats, a stroller, cribs, mattresses, high chairs, and some clothes, everything else was 2nd hand, much cheaper and often it is hard to know what they will like until you actually try it out, so no need to pay full price..I would get less and then get more if you need it.

I know you didn't ask for twin tips, but here's my top 5:
1. Infant to Toddler Rockers, LOVED them
2. Freeze meals ahead of time, you'll need them when the babies come home
3. Don't wash all the little things you get(especially as gifts) right away, I made that mistake and they only wore 1/2 of it
4. Keep the babies on the same schedule for eating, waking and sleeping as much as possible so there is time for you to sleep
5. When people come to visit the babies(expecially family) go nap, they can visit the babies, and you can get some rest :)

Also if you use a diaper genie, just use it for the "poopy" diapers, put the "pee" ones in a small swing top garbage can. The refills are crazy expensive, my boys are 14 month and I'm on my 5th one(otherwise I'm sure I'd be at 20 or more)..

TTC- Since Dec 2005

August/Sept 2009- IUI + injectabes cycle- BFN- was converted from IUI to IVF(20 follies growing) and then back to IUI(3 mature follies)....

IVF/ICSI cycle Sept/Oct 2010- BFP- (I insisisted on ICSI against my Drs wishes, and in the end we needed it)..
Incompetent Cervix diagnosed at 24 weeks. Hospital bedrest 24- 33 weeks due to 0.6 cm cervix, 1-2 cms dialated(at 24 weeks)
Baby A- Chase Michael- 4 lbs 4 oz, 17.5 in, 3:01 PM Baby B- Carter Luke- 4 lbs 2 oz, 16.5 in, 3:55 PM

[b]NEVER SAY NEVER..
QJmfm4.png

#13 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi

We got this stroller and I love it.

http://www.stroll-ai...llairmyduo.html

People even stop me all the time to say what a nice stroller it is. I got the car seat adapters so that I can put their car seats in it. It has made it so much easier to get around on my own.

My babies are 6 months and still sleeping together in a cosleeper.

http://www.armsreach...th=cPath=3_18_1

The only downside to this is that they don't sell them in Canada as they are too big to be be considered a basinet and do not meet the same standards as cribs must meet. It has been great so far but my son is starting to wake up and roll into my daughter so I will be moving them into their own cribs soon.

Good luck!

thanks for the info!! I checked out the stroll air website and you are right, they are beautiful strollers!!! Thanks for the advice!

TTC since October 2010

#14 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:49 AM

We got the Ikea Gulliver cribs because they're cheap and simple. Our twins shared one for maybe 2 months? I'm not sure when we separated them but it was a while ago (they're 8 months now).

For a stroller we got the Bumbleride Indie Twin. It's a side by side but it definitely fits through standard doorways. We haven't had any problems so far. It's a dream to maneouvre. It only takes one car seat, but if we were taking them for a walk we just laid them flat with the seats reclined. We didn't buy the carrycots because the stroller cost a fortune as it was and we didn't think we'd use them enough to be worthwhile. We already had moses baskets for inside but I've heard some people use them inside a lot instead of a bassinet and they are really nice. To be honest, i didn't get out much AT ALL for a while because I don't drive and we had them in late November so it was cold. Had we been out and about with them more, something we could have snapped car seats into woul dhave been more useful but for us it would have been a waste. Anyway, I love our stroller. It's huge for packing into our hatchback, which sucks, but for taking them out for walks which I do almost everyday, it's amazing.

Thanks for the advice conky, I want to check out the IKEA cribs so I will definitely checkout the Gulliver! Our boys are due in late November also so I will have a similar experience to you I think!

TTC since October 2010

#15 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:02 AM

poison and emily, thanks so much for this invaluable tips!!! I want to print off these posts and put them in a "tips" folder!---Everyone keeps asking me if I am reading books etc, and frankly I find chatting amongst women like you all is much more helpful!! I am definitely hoping to tandem breastfeed too! DH will be off with me for the first 2 weeks so hopefully I will get the hang of it quickly! Feel free to send any other tips my way, I am so grateful for them!!

K :)
  • jaan likes this

TTC since October 2010

#16 Emily81

Emily81
  • 1000+
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 10:34 AM

woodlandsgirl- If you look under the older posts in the "Pg with multiples" section, there is a whole thread called "tips for managing multiples", you may find others in there they may help :)

TTC- Since Dec 2005

[b]NEVER SAY NEVER..
QJmfm4.png

#17 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:50 PM

thanks emily!! I will definitely read that whole thread thoroughly! :)

TTC since October 2010

#18 happytoday

happytoday
  • Global 100+
  • 114 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:28 PM

Woodland - I have heard great things about the ikea cribs. If you are near the border you can get really good deals on convertable cribs at Walmart in the U.S. I bought this set:

http://www.walmart.c...presso/16784335

I ordered it online and picked it up a store in Buffalo. It was much cheaper than anything I found here and it looks really nice. This way I can convert them into beds when they get bigger. At the time I bought the sets they were also throwing in a free mattress. I did some research on the manucturer and was comfortable that the crib was well made and met all Canada's saftey standards. I thought I only needed one change table but I found having the extra one came in handy as I put one upstairs and one downstairs.

#19 jen_goddess

jen_goddess
  • Global 100+
  • 264 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 06 August 2012 - 10:13 AM

We have the double snap n go and I really have enjoyed it so far. If I have to run errands or go get a few things I find it very say and convenient to take it out and then just put their cars eats in. Also the undercarriage has quite a bit of space so if I am only getting a few groceries that is where I put them especially when I am out with the twins by myself. We have the Graco Duoglider which is a tandem front to back and I have enjoyed this stroller as well. It has served many different purposes at different stages. You can fold the back all the way down and convert it into like a bassinet and when we would go for walks I would just lay them both back there up until they were each about 12 lbs and then they were getting too cramped and would try to roll over on each other in it. They now love to sit up in their own seats separately and just watch everything around them. It folds in one easy motion and I find is relatively lightweight. Downfall is that whoever is sitting in the front, the seat reclines a bit but not all the way back like the back one does. It hasn't been a total problem cause they fall asleep easily in it and the angle is just as much as sleeping n their car seats. I was considering getting a side by side where they could oth recline back but overall it really hasnt been an issue yet. Also too this stroller does adapt to accept two cars seats although we have only used it for that like twice as I found the double SNG more versatile for that.

For cribs we got them from Walmart I believe they are called Tuscany and they convert to toddler beds. I am really pleased with them so far and I think we paid less than 200 per crib. I have also heard great things about the Ikea cribs as well.

Our twins coslept during the last five weeks of their nicu stay and we continued it at home until they were 6 months actual and almost 4 months adjusted. Their crib was in our room which I loved in the beginning so we knew exactly who was up and how urgent the cry was. I was also on edge after the nicu stay that they would quit breathing in the middle of the night or something would happen but in time you learn to let go. From then on we moved them into separate cribs in a separate room and this was the best move we ever made. Our sleep somewhat improved as we weren't waking to every little movement, sneeze, kick, cough. We weren't totally sleeping through the night yet but at least with the monitor we woke to the hunger cry and nothing else. Plus at this point you really deserve to start getting some better sleep as your little ones will start to feed less often through the night, unless you are lucky like Poison was and they STTN early on
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

#20 jaan

jaan
  • 1000+
  • 3,797 posts
  • Interests:cross -stitch,scrap booking, movies,reading
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Heartland fertility clinic

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:01 PM

I have to pop in and say how much I love seeing all the twin mommy support :)

We had 2 cribs, one in our room for night time and one set up in the nursery for daytime....they shared a crib until about 5months, Matthew would inch his way over and get "too" close to his brother, we moved the crib out of our room and into the nursery and they each went in their own crib from about 5/6 months on.....once we moved them to their own cribs and out of our room WE ALL slept better :) :)

My cribs
1. was brand new and a gift from mil/fil/ it was a hands free storkcraft side dropped(I think all of those have been recalled, so don't get a side drop crib)
2. 2nd hand made the rounds....my nephew(who is 18) to my neice(who is 13) to dh's cousins X2 kids then back to me, so it went from MY family, to HIS family, and back to us....after us we decommisioned it and sent it to the dump...it was in great shape and was better than the new crib....but I felt it was time to let it go and shouldn't be used anymore...I had zero fear with my kids in it...the bars were close together and it was a good solid crib :)

Strollers
We had a 2nd hand front and back....these are great for stores
side by side double jogger...AWESOME stroller for long walks, trails etc....
2 individual umbrella stroller, once they can hold their head up very well....these are handy little strollers for quick trips into stores etc....my fave....

Wish you the best of luck with your twins and look foreward to you posting in the parenting section!

Janet(40) Andrew(37)
DD Kyra(23) Natural Pg 1991

Twins Erik & Matthew 2006 IVF
Furbaby Jasper (12)

#21 woodlandsgirl

woodlandsgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 209 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:14 PM

thanks so much for taking the time to post happy, jen and jaan!! The twin mommies on this board are truly amazing and I cannot believe all the wonderful advice and support I have received in only 4 days!
Happy and jen: sounds like the walmart cribs are a good option, will definitely check them out!
Jen: I am so happy to hear all the good cosleeping stories!!----I am definitely going to keep them in a basinet in our bedroom at first as the nursery will be in our second bedroom which is downstairs. I think I am going to get the snap n go stroller as our first stroller because it will be winter and all and I don't anticipate taking them outside much for walks----but will likely resort to doing the mall-walking thing!! In the spring we will likely invest in a second stroller that is more solid----does that seem reasonable?
jaan: I too am very much looking forward to joining you all in the parenting section!! I still pinch myself everyday when I wake up and realize that we are one day closer to having our dream of a lifetime come true!!

One other question for you all-----Have you read any actual books on twin parenting, etc...I have not made that plunge yet and I feel that there is just so much support online that I may forego the book-reading---or am I just being lazy?!?! I do plan on joining a twin support group here in Montreal at some point soon.

Hope you all have a nice evening and thanks again!!

K

TTC since October 2010

#22 jen_goddess

jen_goddess
  • Global 100+
  • 264 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

The one book I read in its entirety is the Dr. Barbara Luke book, "when your expecting twins, triplets, quadruplets". I really enjoyed and found it to be very informative. Lots of info on nutrition, facts about multiples, tips for raising/feeding multiples, etc. it's also not just a doctors view point there are also lots of real stories from women and their pregnancy and birthing experiences. Also it prepares you for all aspects of pregnancy, pre and full term labor. There is an entire nicu section which I must admit I honestly skipped past and didn't read cause I thought that would never be me. After my twins spent 10 weeks there I read that section and actually wished I would have beforehand or at least done it during their stay. It has an explanation of who's who there and what to expect. Not saying that will happen for any of you upcoming mommas but I believe it is best to be as prepared as possible for angles and wish I had been a bit more. There are a few others I started but wast as engaged in nor did I have the time to finish, be being called "twin sense" I read the pregnancy bible for basic pregnancy info and it had weekly photos and info of the baby's development. I'm sure there are many other books out there though as twins are more and more common these days, 1 in 30 births!

I think your stroller plans sound great especially given that it will be winter you will want to pull them out of the car, snap them in and go straight inside with them and the snap and go is so great for that. Perfect for doctor appts and those quick grocery trips or any quick trips early on for that matter as your time may be limited to get out and about in the beginning especially around the feedings, time will be of the essence.
Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

#23 strawberry

strawberry
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Lifequest

Posted 11 August 2012 - 11:05 PM

Congrats woodlandsgirl! I definetly suggest joining a POMBA group in your area, also check if they have a facebook group. I read Juggling Twins and Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Twins, I recommend them both.
IMO, a snap and go stroller is a must for the first 6 months especially if you're mostly taking them in the car to go to appointments, etc. Once they are growing out of the infant car seat, you can splurge and get a great stroller you will use for the next 2 years or so. I can't say enough about the Baby Jogger city select, it is amazing. It has so many configurations, plus it is a single stroller when you want it to be. There will be times when you will only take 1 twin out. The city select is a tandem stroller (front to back) but you can face both seats forward, backward, or facing each other, so no twin loses out. 1 of them is higher and the other is lower, but we change it up so they get a different view. Good luck with making your decisions!
Me - 37 DH - 38
TTC for 2 years
IUI #1 natural cycle May 2008 BFN
IUI #2 Clomid cycle June 2008 BFN
IUI #3 Puregon cycle July 2008 BFP!!!
Abigail was born April 24, 2009

Here we go again!
IUI #4 Puregon cycle February 2011 BFP!!! Soooooo thankful, what a gift.
Beta #1 - 703 16dpiui
Beta #2 - 3710 20dpiui
Beta #3 - 10800 23dpiui
First u/s - Quadruplets!
May 5 - S/R - now down to twins
June 17 - Anatomy scan - 1 boy & 1 girl!
Twins born October 25, 2011 - Rowen 6lbs & Juniper 6.11 lbs

July 2012 Surprise natural pregnancy
Miscarriage August 2012 - our angel is now in heaven with our baby C and baby D

September 2012 Second natural pregnancy - another angel baby

October 2013 Starting our surrogate journey for my brother & SIL
FET Dec 11 - BFN

#24 kristinaR

kristinaR
  • Global 100+
  • 890 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Fertility center

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:06 PM

Jenn--- can i ask how the snap in go is much different from the duo glider...weve been looking at the duoglider.....
Me--31 Endometreosis level4, blocked tubes from hydrosalpinx/endo : tubes now clamped, possible ANA immune issues,
Have had 4 surgeries, polyps removed, Endometreomas removed, tubes clamped, and endo lasered.
DH--32 normal.
3 four legged kids:)

IVF#1
Our journey
Lupron,(4months)
April 2/10--start gonal -f and luveras
April 13/10--ER 19 eggs
April 14/10-- 11 embies fertilized,
April18/10-- Et today, 2 good quality babies inside. no frosties
April 27/10-- Beta results 73 BFP!!!! Praying for thursday that my numbers go up!
April29/10---Beta results arent good. Gone down to 20 :( very upset right now
May6/10-----Beta results BFN :(

IVF#2
Lupron(3months)
Sept17/10--start menopur
Sept 28--ER (24 eggs)and report--14 fertilized.
Oct 3--ET-2 perfect embryos, freezeing 3
Oct 12--beta.....BFN :(

FET#1
Lost the weight, eating better, feel better
Aug 20th---Started Superfact.
Sept 7th--U/S , Started Estrace and antibiotics.
Sept19---lining check--good. 2 tiny cysts.
Sept24---FET---eeek here we go again!(2ww starts)
Oct 3--first beta#163! BFP!!!!!!!
Oct5--beta2#490!
Oct 9th-beta 3#3898! holy cow!
Oct10th---- Well once again spontaneous miscarriage..LOST.

IVF#3
Mar 14/12 Started BCP have small endometrioma again
May 28/12 started menopur,puregon,and asa and Dex
June 3/12 added orgalutron
June 4/12--Intralipids
June 5 /12 HCG trigger
June 7/12---ER 9 eggs retrieved.
June 11/12--Report : out of 7 fertilized, 2 embies going back tomm(great) and 3 being watched.
June 12/12--ET 2 lovely Blasts One hatching 5AB and one 4AB. One Frostie:)
June 21/Beta --178 BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 23/beta---414
June 27/beta---2109
July25/12----First ultrasound. Its TWINS!!!! omg!:)
Aug 17/12--NT scan, went well. heart beats 158 and 160 and measuring ahead a week. Low risk nt
Sep 27/12--Anatomy Scan. went well. HBs 155 and 153 measuring week and half ahead.
src="http://lbdf.lilypie.com/7Qdym6.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Pregnancy tickers" />

#25 snowmom

snowmom

Raving Lunatic

• Cyclebase
  • 1,990 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:48 PM

Jenn--- can i ask how the snap in go is much different from the duo glider...weve been looking at the duoglider.....

Th snap and go is a frame work that holds the car seats, but has no seats for when they get bigger. Theduoo is a stroller that allows for two car seats to be hooked in.
Me 40: Total tubal blockage, 1 ovary, DOR DH 35: Poor motilityTTC since 1998DS natural conception 1996DS&DD ivf icsi 2008DS ivf icsi 2013.Our family is complete.Donated four frosties. IP's got bfp!