Who is a good IVF doctor in Toronto

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Trying2012

• Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:16 PM

First time on this site and we are looking for some information. I have also posted this question on the over 35 years old section since my wife is 39yrs old.

We are trying to find a good IVF doctor in Toronto. My wife has been on clomid for 3 tries and was not successful. We also do not like our present doctor. We now want to try IVF, but not sure who to use. We have read about Dr. Hannam and Dr. Virro. These two doctors seem to have good reviews on rate your MD and other websites.

This whole process feels very shady and we just want to find a doctor that we feel will get the best results. At the end of the day, the IVF cost are high, so we would at least not want to second guess ourselves by thinking we wasted all the money on the wrong doctor.

We would appreciate and feedback. Thanks

#2 babydust1

• 1000+
  • 1,485 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:17 PM

Dr Virro is AWESOME! Can't say enough good things about him...He's got quite a fan base. Warning, though, that the wait to see him might be long, so if you're interested, i would get on a waiting list asap. He is worth the wait, though. Good luck with whatever u decide.
  • gibasgirl likes this

#3 megpeg

• 13 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Calgary RFC

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

Hi Trying2012,

Welcome to the IVF process. I hope you can find a great doctor and clinic in Toronto that you feel comfortable with. We went to TCART for our first IVF before we moved out west. I can't say much bad or good about the clinic therefore I would say there are better ones out there. Good luck!
(changed name from wagnerlotta)

Me - 32; Hubby - 34
TTC - 2008

June 2010 - Diagnosed with Stage IV Endo, extensive lap to remove
Dec 2010 - BFP with IUI; miscarriage at 8 weeks
June 2011 - IVF at TCART in Toronto - 2 fresh embryos transferred and 4 blasts frozen; BFN
Sept 2011 - FET, 2 embryos transferred, BFN
May 2012 - ouch, time for another lap to remove endo
June 2012 - FET, 2 embryos transferred, BFN

Moved to Winnipeg, referred to Heartland and Calgary RFC.
27 Aug 2012 - baseline ultrasound to start IVF with Calgary. Currently on fourth month of lupron to suppress endo.
8 Nov 2012 - 10 weeks pregnant with twins

#4 linx5

• 42 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

We decided to go with Dr Virro !! we heard amazing stories about him .. good luck !
  • gibasgirl likes this