Embryo Cryopreservation In IVF May Improve Outcome - Fertility News - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Embryo Cryopreservation In IVF May Improve Outcome

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bud

Bud
  • News Bot
  • 3078 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 06 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

There is growing interest in a "freeze-all" embryo policy in IVF. Such an approach, which cryopreserves all embryos generated in a stimulated IVF cycle for later transfer in a non-stimulated natural cycle, would avoid any of the adverse effects which ovarian stimulation might have on endometrial receptivity during the treatment cycle...

View the full article

#2 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 06 July 2012 - 05:29 AM

Whoa, this is interesting.

#3 Ames

Ames
  • Cyclebase
  • 682 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 06 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

Interesting, but I guess it would depend on the clinic. AART in Halifax only has a 30% FET success rate, so there would need to be serious improvements before going this route.

Cycle history in "about me"

3rd transfer was a success!
Welcome to the world our precious miracle! Landen John Thomas arrived March 21, 2012 at 4:09am weighing 6lbs3ozs and measuring 20 inches. We couldn't be more in love with him. He was so worth the wait!

Suddenly we have a toddler and each day is more wondrous for all of us...time to try to make him a big brother!