#1 ZooZoo

ZooZoo
  • Global 100+
  • 239 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:BFC, Life Quest

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:48 AM

Hi ladies,
Just wanted some advice. My hospital offers a one day "Miracle of Birth" class. We have the option to go at 30 weeks or 35 weeks. Do you think 35 weeks is too late? Problem is 30 weeks is part of summer and they are only held on Saturdays, all day. What do you think? When did you do your classes?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Z.
Me: 38
DH:35
TTC: almost 5 years (since June 2007)
Feel free to check out my about me page for more details on the entire journey. :)

5 IUI attempts, 2 IVF attempts, a couple surgeries and other "issues" (2008 - 2012)

Feb 28th - on a whim, took HPT...BFP!!! shocked, how can it be a natural conception after everything.
Feb 29th - clinic confirms it BFP! Beta 1356...going back Friday...hope it doubles!
Mar 2nd - 2nd Beta 3200!
Mar 27th - dating u/s - 8w6d - saw the heartbeat on screen...so happy
Apr 27th - NT scan - 13w2d; HB 142 - baby bean was enjoying kicking off the wall and falling backwards :)
EDD - October 31st, 2012 (Trick or Treat everyone!)
October 4, 2012 - we welcomed our beautiful daughter, Gabrielle Sarah into the world! What an angel she is!

Posted Image

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#2 frostedlemon

frostedlemon
  • 1000+
  • 1,389 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:10 AM

We did ours at around 30 weeks, which is when was recommended by my midwife. There was one girl in the class who was 35 weeks when we started, so it's not unheard of. Although our instructor told us about a class she taught (one of those that was a couple of hours once a week for several weeks, ours was two full Saturdays) where every week there were less people because they were all giving birth :P

We did the two Saturdays class because be husband travels so we couldn't be sure he'd be around for 7 Wednesday nights (or whatever the other option was). I liked it because we got all the information at once rather than dragging it all out. I did find it was kind of hard, especially the second week, because I was really uncomfortable that day and I was having trouble sitting for that long (we were allowed to get up and walk around and do whatever to be comfortable, and we did some stuff where we got up and moved around, but all I really wanted to do was lay in bed with my Snoogle pillow). I'd say take whichever one fits your schedule better. I was glad to do it earlier because I was a bit afraid of suddenly being put on bedrest or something unexpected and not end up being able to take them at all, but that's me :)

See About Me for full info.

“Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.” - Albert Einstein

#3 DesignerBug

DesignerBug
  • 1000+
  • 2,646 posts
  • My Clinic:ONE

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

I liked that we took a multi week course as it allowed us to develop a relationship with the other couples in the class. 3 years later we are all still friends and our children see each other regularly. I think I started the class around the 30 week mark.

Good Luck. Do what works best for you.

D
TTC#1 April 2003 - Jan 2009
9 IUIs, 12 months Fermara, 4 months Clomid, 5 rounds of injectable, 1 LAP, 1 HSG, 2 Uterine Biopsies, 1 Postcoital, 1 IVF, 2 FETs... 2nd Fesh Cycle IVF - ++Beta 110!

TTC#2 - Dreams coming true... Surprise BFP Au Naturel! Never really started trying, but never gave up hope on dreams coming true. 20w2, after 6 days of strict bedrest, we lost our baby boy, Emmett to my incompetent cervix and he was born sleeping. 24cm long, 0.67lbs he was the most perfect little angel and has brought with him many lessons for us to remember him by.

Lightening strikes twice apparently>>>> May 24 ++HPT, Followed by ++Beta. Numbers are low, but doubling. EDD Feb1/2013

#4 andstillwaiting

andstillwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 487 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis Fertility Clinic

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:37 PM

They say that you should have your classes finished 4-6 weeks before you give birth so that you don't miss any classes if you happen to give birth early. If you are doing only one class and you are having an uncomplicated pregnancy, then go ahead and do it at 35 weeks. And enjoy your summer!!
src="http://lmtf.lilypie.com/V0O6m7.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Maternity tickers" />

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: birthing classes, weeks, when