7 replies to this topic

#1 supermom

supermom
  • 1000+
  • 1,621 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:11 PM

I love food - love love love it but I need to shed some weight before I do my FET in the summer.
The recommendation is that I try to lower my carb intake and try to increase my protein but honestly I am stumped about what I should and shouldnt eat.
I have lost weight in the past but it wasnt done in the healthiest way so I dont want to repeat my mistake.
In order to be successful I know myself enough to know that I will need to make a menu plan and stick to it.

Any recipes or healthy options that you found yummy? (I'm worried I may starve lol)

Posted Image
ME: 32 DH: 41
DS conceived naturally 1996
Sixteen week Interstitial pregnancy 2000 (major internal damage done)
2004 & 2007 Adopted our two DS's (both autistic)
Au Natural TTC since 2000+ & Infertility treatments since 2002
November 2008 FET - BFP!!!!
1st beta - 113.5 & 2nd beta - 416
26 weeks and baby weighs 2 pounds 1 ounce
Welcomed Maxwell Thomas Ewing on August 2nd
7 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches

Four frosties waiting for us!

Total treatments
3 IUI
4 Fresh IVF
14 FET
Blog: http://www.adjust-th...s.blogspot.com/

#2 maria___

maria___
  • Global 100+
  • 253 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill Reproductive Center

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:03 PM

I would love to hear some healthy foods and recipes as well! I don't have any particular diets, but I do know of a good trick that will help you eat less at meals. Before each meal, either have soup or an apple. It will guarantee that you will eat less at that meal.

Good luck!
src="http://lmtf.lilypie.com/kBTMm4.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Maternity tickers" />

#3 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

I'm not sure that this will help but I used to struggle with my weight. Once I started shift work, it got even harder. Lately, I've been able to lose weight by combining all my meals with a spinach salad (or other side of veggies that I enjoy) & reducing the "main" portion to a much smaller size. It leaves me not hungry & I have benefitted in other ways too. For example if we are having steak for supper, I make steak, potatoes, & a veggie for DH but fill my plate with the salad & a small taste of the potatoes (if I have to have it) & a small protein portion. Most nights (just at supper though) I completely skip the complex carb option.

I also always opt for whole grains/whole wheat whenever possible but read labels because they can make an item look healthy when it may not be.

I know this is fairly basic stuff but...It's what I do & I've dropped effortlessly from 160 to 146! Good luck!!!!!

My personal feeling is there is little you should avoid entirely: all things in moderation! I do absolutely avoid all artificial sweeteners & processed foods as much as possible, for example.

Michelle

Ps I do allow myself a treat now & then too but try to have it earlier in the day so I have more time to work on "burning" it off! Probably deluding myself... :D
TTC for 9+ years

#4 DesignerBug

DesignerBug
  • 1000+
  • 2,646 posts
  • My Clinic:ONE

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:20 PM

Google the P90X Diet. The phase one of the program is uber high protein and basically no carbs and it's delicious! It takes a little work to make it all, but it is so yummy. A few of the dishes have become staples in our home.

Exercise is also key.

EAT LESS MOVE MORE. Simplest and best advise I can offer.

I'm hoping to start climbing the chedoke stairs again in a couple of weeks if you want to join me. It's hard work, but worth it... I haven't been mobile in 8 months, so don't be intimidated.
TTC#1 April 2003 - Jan 2009
9 IUIs, 12 months Fermara, 4 months Clomid, 5 rounds of injectable, 1 LAP, 1 HSG, 2 Uterine Biopsies, 1 Postcoital, 1 IVF, 2 FETs... 2nd Fesh Cycle IVF - ++Beta 110!

TTC#2 - Dreams coming true... Surprise BFP Au Naturel! Never really started trying, but never gave up hope on dreams coming true. 20w2, after 6 days of strict bedrest, we lost our baby boy, Emmett to my incompetent cervix and he was born sleeping. 24cm long, 0.67lbs he was the most perfect little angel and has brought with him many lessons for us to remember him by.

Lightening strikes twice apparently>>>> May 24 ++HPT, Followed by ++Beta. Numbers are low, but doubling. EDD Feb1/2013

#5 KRKR

KRKR
  • Cyclebase
  • 333 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, traveling, cooking, wine tasting
  • My Clinic:Calgary RFP

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:20 PM

I had good success with the Zone diet. In many ways it is similar to adiabatic diet. Once I got the hang of it I found it easy to follow and it is not too extreme in terms of low carb. I found this diet actually really stuck for me in terms of long term eating habit changes. And as an added bonus, I felt great when I followed the diet.

Good luck.
Me: 41 DH: 46
TTC for 2 years, unexplained infertility
IUI/clomid x 5, all BFN

IVF #1 long agonist
Suprefact started Apr 22/11, Gonal f, Luveris started May 5/11
Way hyperstimulated... Stopped Luveris day 4, dropped Gonal f, coasted
ER May 17/11, 22 eggs, 19 fertilized
ET May 20/11, two 8 cell embies transferred
11 frozen: 8 on day 3, 2 blasts on day 5, 1 blast on day 6
BFN

FET #1
Suprefact starts July 29/11 Estrogen starts Aug 12/11
Transfer Aug 29, 3 eight cell embies
BFP! Twins!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

#6 supermom

supermom
  • 1000+
  • 1,621 posts
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 12 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

I dropped 60 pounds previously by cutting out all carbs and exercizing like a lunatic but I felt like garbage and as soon as I stopped I gained back 20, then when I finally got pregnant I kept kept 20 after giving birth and then when my son was in the hospital during chemo treatments I gained back the remaining 20..... back to where I started now.
ME: 32 DH: 41
DS conceived naturally 1996
Sixteen week Interstitial pregnancy 2000 (major internal damage done)
2004 & 2007 Adopted our two DS's (both autistic)
Au Natural TTC since 2000+ & Infertility treatments since 2002
November 2008 FET - BFP!!!!
1st beta - 113.5 & 2nd beta - 416
26 weeks and baby weighs 2 pounds 1 ounce
Welcomed Maxwell Thomas Ewing on August 2nd
7 pounds 13 ounces and 20 inches

Four frosties waiting for us!

Total treatments
3 IUI
4 Fresh IVF
14 FET
Blog: http://www.adjust-th...s.blogspot.com/

#7 Flossie

Flossie
  • Cyclebase
  • 588 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 06:35 PM

There are definitely ways to lose weight & not feel like garbage. Good luck in your quest to drop some weight!
TTC for 9+ years

#8 Abdon

Abdon
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:39 AM

This is cute and funny at the same time, i mean you love food and you want to lose weight anyways make a diet plan which contain low fats and calories.

Give preference to fruits and vegetables they are very good for you. Because they are rich in nutrition and almost zero on fats.