NO physical symptom during 2ww, but BFP? - IVF Ages 35+ - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

NO physical symptom during 2ww, but BFP?

symptoms 2ww

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Poll: NO physical symptom during 2ww, but BFP? (58 member(s) have cast votes)

Has anyone had no physical symptoms during 2ww, but still had a BFP?

1. Yes (41 votes [70.69%])

Percentage of vote: 70.69%

2. No (17 votes [29.31%])

Percentage of vote: 29.31%

Vote Login to vote

#1 lemongrassdog

lemongrassdog
  • 12 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Repromed, Toronto

Posted 10 November 2011 - 03:20 PM

Hi,

I'm one week into my 2ww (3rd IVF). I got pregnant with IVF #2 (miscarried at 8 weeks), and had physical symptoms during my 2ww that made me feel pretty sure I was pregnant. This time around, not so much. I've read that every pregnancy is different, and that many women don't have any early pregnancy symptoms at all, etc etc, but I wish I had something to keep me hopeful. Is it possible to feel nothing at this point, but still get good news with the beta test??

Ali
PS - I'm emotional and irritable, which I'd love to attribute to being pregnant, but it could just be the estrace and progesterone...

#2 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Symptoms before the 2ww is up, in my opinion, are never any reflection of pregnancy. Symptoms come from the hormone HCG which does not hit high enough levels by day 14 to do much, whereas IVF drugs can effectively mimic pregnancy at times. I can't keep track of the number of women who have panicked over their lack of symptoms who have, in fact, had successful cycles. Good luck!
  • Flossie, Heather S, sharlene and 1 other like this
Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#3 dreaming22

dreaming22
  • 73 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:CReATe

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

Hi Lemmongrass, Wow, I could have wrote this post! I've had the exact same experience as you, right down to the miscarriage at 8 weeks. I'm 7 days past a 3 day transfer and have had no symptoms at all. I am also very emotional and irritable.

I'm hoping you will get some positive responses to give you (and me) hope. Best of luck to you.

Dx: Blocked Tubes/only one ovary

TTC - over 12 years with a long break in there from trying

IVF #1 - 2000 - BFN

IVF #2 - 2001 - cancelled poor response

IVF #3 - 2001 - BFN

Took long break from TTC - decided to live child free then changed our minds and decided to try IVF one more time

IVF #4 - April 2010 - 10 eggs retrieved; 5 mature and ICSI done on all 5; all 5 fertilized; 4 made it to day 3 - two 8 cell grade 4; one 9 cell grade 4 and one 10 cell grade 4A; two transferred on day 3 and 2 frozen - BFN

FET #1 - Dec 2010, transferred 2 - BFN

DE IVF #1 (shared cycle) 15 embryos - Aug 2011 - transferred 2 perfect 3 day embryos (13 embryos on ice) - BFP!!

August 26, BETA # 1 - 129, BETA #2 230 - not doubling

Sept 18, u/s showed baby's heart had stopped - D&C

FET #2 - Nov 2011 - BFN

FET #3 - Dec 2011 - BFN

FET #4 - March 2012 - BFN

FET #5 - April 2013 - Chemical

DE IVF #2 - with new donor- November 2013 - BFN; took break.

FET- July 11, 2015 with our remaining 2 embryos.  

BFP on HPT at 7dpt 3dt and every day since!!  BETA will be on Friday, July 24.  Hoping this one sticks!

BETA #1 13dpt3dt - 223, BETA #2 15dpt3dt- 432, BETA #3 17dpt3dt - 916, BETA #4  20dpt3dt -3361,

First U/S scheduled for Aug 9th.
1st U/S - 6 wks 4 days- baby measuring 6 weeks 3 days with HB of 120

2nd U/S - 7 wks 4 days - baby looks perfect!

3rd U/S - 8 wks 4 days - baby growing away and still looking perfect!

NT Scan looks great!  Almost 3 months!!!

Beautiful baby girl born March 17, 2016 at 3:50 am.  Perfect in every way!  We are totally in love with her!!

#4 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:20 PM

Like AN said, it's uncommoon to have symptoms in the 2ww that are reflective of pregnancy rather than the meds. Most signs/symptoms of pregnancy appear in weeks 6 to 8 in women who've not had assistance in conceiving, so there's absolutely no reason to think you've not been successful now.
  • gibasgirl likes this
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#5 conky

conky
  • Global 100+
  • 746 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:10 PM

With my successful cycle (the one and only in my whole life, so nothing to compare it to) I had no symptoms in the 2WW except maybe in retrospect. I was bloated, but I was on progesterone so it was likely the medication at that point that was causing the bloat (which remained for quite a while). I also had more visible veins on my breasts, but it was subtle at that point and I didn't notice it right away. Aside from the bloat, that was the ONLY "symptom" but again, it could have been from the progesterone in the beginning (it's remained all throughout my pregnancy).

I didn't really ever get nausea except on a few occasions (though I did feel really crappy and had some vomiting later on) and I've NEVER had sore or swollen breasts. No cravings.

As others have mentioned, 2WW symptoms aren't very common and are probably only really noticeable to some women because they're looking for them. Anything one does feel could just as well be due to any estrogen/progesterone you're taking as well as residual effects from the trigger shot. So having symptoms doesn't guarantee good news and not having them doesn't mean bad news.

Good luck!

#6 frostedlemon

frostedlemon
  • 1000+
  • 1989 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

For all my pregnancies (at least three, all of them natural), I had less symptoms when I was pregnant than when I wasn't. In hindsight I would have some... sore boobs (but I always get that before my period, they're just more full than that when I'm actually pregnant), some issues with eating like eating two bites and then not being interested anymore but I often have that without being pregnant, that sort of thing.

The real symptoms didn't hit until the 6 week mark for the pregnancy that went that far, and by then I already knew I was. For each time I was really pregnant, I felt sure that my period was coming any minute except it never did, or at least not until after it was a confirmed pregnancy. I believe that my last pregnancy (the one that actually resulted in a baby at the end!), I had the least number of symptoms of all of them, if that makes you feel any better ;) Fingers crossed for you!

#7 galfromaway

galfromaway
  • Cyclebase
  • 822 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

This is something I'm really struggling with today - I'm three days away from my Beta, and I'm rollercoastering between hoping and being afraid and optimistic and weepy. It doesn't help that I'm having cramping off and on, and it feels like my period could start, but then it'll stop feeling like that... I wish there was a way to tell where we're at without doing the POAS thing... I don't have it in me to take that step...

ihopeihopeihopeihopeihope....
  • Islandgirl138 likes this

Our story:

Nov 2009 - laparoscopy, endometriosis removed.
Jan-July 2010 - Clomid. Nuffin.
Nov 2010- IVF attempt 1 - two embryos transferred
Dec 2010 - Positive beta
Jan 2011 - Blighted ovum sad.png
Oct 2011 - IVF attempt 2
Nov 2011 - Negative beta. Done.
Winter 2011/12 - published: http://offbeatmama.c...t-not-defective
Spring 2012 - PRIDE training
July 11, 2012 - positive HPT - WTF??!!! Natural pregnancy it seems! Approx 6.5 weeks along
July 20, 2012 - Appointment with doctor. Ultrasound - it's in there!! 7w6d along, due March 1, 2013!

This is really happening! *happydance*

February 25, 2013 - Dakota Rose arrived after a somewhat unexpected c-section. And we are so in love. :)

#8 MaybeBaby2012

MaybeBaby2012
  • Global 100+
  • 116 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility Clinic, LHSC

Posted 11 November 2011 - 03:38 PM

Galfromaway...this is one crazy emotional rollercoaster, that's for sure!! Up and down, up and down, up and down...it SUCKS! I was crying at the midwives clinic yesterday because I was so afraid to POAS that it would say BFN. I was shaking in my boots! I had NO symptoms at all...so much no that I thought for sure I was out. I'm still not feeling anything. Cramps are good...I do feel a couple of those once and awhile. Can you call to get your beta day moved up? I called my clinic when I was spotting and they said I could come in a couple days sooner if I wanted...you could try that?? Ihopeihopeihope this is it for you! :)
Always Expect the Best!!

Me--38
DH--36
MF
TTC since Sept 2007
2 IUI's in 2009 2010
Decided no more procedures for now, just not preventing
March 2011 Switched Clinic to UH
July 2011 Education for IVF/ICSI
Aug-present Saving $$$$ for hopeful IVF in October 2011!
Oct 11--AF showed
Oct 13--Baseline US & BW...it's a go!
Oct 13-Oct 23--Stimming (275iu Puregon & Orgalutran)
Oct 23--HcG
Oct 25--ER - 9 follies - all injected - 7 fertilized!
Oct 28--ET - 2 going back!
Nov 10--BFP on HPT!
Nov 12--BETA! 520!! :)
Dec 2--First U/S 1 perfect little sweet pea confirmed!
I'm finished with the clinic! First Midwife appointment scheduled for Dec 21! :)
Baby H due to arrive July 18, 2012!! :)

Posted Image

#9 galfromaway

galfromaway
  • Cyclebase
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Unfortunately I can't get it moved up, MaybeBaby. The blood clinics aren't open on the weekend, and they don't do it at the clinic (that I know of) so the earliest I can get it done is Monday. And that's the date my clinic has put on my requisition form.

Just gotta try to relax I guess... and it's so hard to be patient.

ihopeihopeihopeihopeihope...

Thank you - the extra hoping is appreciated. :)
  • Onemorego likes this

Our story:

Dec 2010 - Positive beta
Oct 2011 - IVF attempt 2
July 11, 2012 - positive HPT - WTF??!!! Natural pregnancy it seems! Approx 6.5 weeks along
July 20, 2012 - Appointment with doctor. Ultrasound - it's in there!! 7w6d along, due March 1, 2013!

February 25, 2013 - Dakota Rose arrived after a somewhat unexpected c-section. And we are so in love. :)

#10 conky

conky
  • Global 100+
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:13 PM

Oh! I did have a tiny bit of crampiness at about 9dpr but that was only a "symptom" in retrospect.

#11 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:35 PM

Crampiness can also be from the meds - it's a cruel twist that the signs/symptoms for AF, early pregnancy, and the meds are all the same (I guess it's not all that surprising since it's all the same organs involved, but it's still mean).

#12 galfromaway

galfromaway
  • Cyclebase
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:46 PM

Crampiness can also be from the meds - it's a cruel twist that the signs/symptoms for AF, early pregnancy, and the meds are all the same (I guess it's not all that surprising since it's all the same organs involved, but it's still mean).

It's a very cruel twist indeed. Silly body...

Hanging onto hope.

Our story:

Dec 2010 - Positive beta
Oct 2011 - IVF attempt 2

#13 joemama

joemama
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:54 PM

Galfromaway! I am feeling your pain! I am 4 days away from beta & I am also on this crazy rollercoaster. I cried at the Folgers commercial this morning!

#14 conky

conky
  • Global 100+
  • 746 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Yep, that's why I didn't think anything of it at the time. Even now I only count it as a possible symptom because of the timing and how isolated it was but at the time I didn't see it that way.

Good luck, girls! I hope you have some happyh news very soon.

#15 lemongrassdog

lemongrassdog
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 01:19 PM

Thanks for your input, ladies!

#16 muriel803

muriel803
  • Global 100+
  • 310 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:29 PM

Hi Ladies,
I am in this same situation right now... it is driving me crazy! I am about half way through the 2ww. Here is hoping we are all successful!

#17 joemama

joemama
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:35 PM

• Good Morning! My face broke out with acne this weekend! I look like my 15 year old son!!! AAAHHHH!!! Tomorrow is my beta day! I am so nervous that I am making myself sick & am on the verge of tears. Wish me luck!

#18 lemongrassdog

lemongrassdog
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

I just wanted to add that at 11dp3dt I started to get a bit of cramping (but not like PMS cramping), and I had to pee TONS (especially at night). And today I got a BFP! Hcg is 313, Progesterone is great, back to the clinic on Nov 19 for a second beta test.Posted Image
  • gibasgirl likes this

#19 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 07:35 PM

Congrats!

#20 frostedlemon

frostedlemon
  • 1000+
  • 1989 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

Congratulations! Wishing an uneventful nine months ahead of you!
  • gibasgirl likes this

See About Me for full info.

"At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us." - Albert Schweitzer

#21 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2561 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:55 PM

Congratulations! Wishing you all the best:)
Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#22 muriel803

muriel803
  • Global 100+
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:02 PM

Congratulations!!!!!!

#23 ivfsurvivor

ivfsurvivor
  • Cyclebase
  • 360 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:RFP Calgary

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:42 AM

Well, it appears that I am an anomoly. I have the full gamit of symptoms, achy pelvic area, frequent urination, sore girls, moodyness, irritability, fatigue. I have experienced the same symptoms on all 3 cycles, 2 confirmed BFP (although #2 ended at 7 weeks), and are waiting for BETA #3. In fact I have to go now, time to pee, it's only been 30 minutes since I was last in the bathroom.

T.
I'm gonna go now. My time here is done, and it's time to move on. I am on Facebook and if you'd like to be my friend PM me, I will leave this account active for awhile, but not for too much longer.

It's been a blast(ocyst) (my lame attempt a IF humor)

T.

#24 forreal?

forreal?
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:Being and staying pregnant until my DD. :-)
  • My Clinic:Barbados Fertility Clinic

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:27 AM

Hi, I read all the comments and thought wow Im not the only one feeling all these emotions. According to the calculator Im 7 weeks 1 day. Dont feel the least bit pregnant, what ever that should feel like as this is my first pregnancy every. I dont feel any different, to the point some days i wonder if Im actually pregnant at all. Its been a loooong painful road for me. The meds got me so sick that they had to stop and delay the process until my body could stand a chance of dealing with it again and that took a whole year. I did the "fet" on the 17/12/11.

#25 RedSiren

RedSiren
  • Global 100+
  • 459 posts
  • Interests:Natural Health, Acupuncture, Mind-Body Connection
  • My Clinic:Isis RFC

Posted 29 February 2012 - 07:06 PM

I got a surprise BFP naturally on the cycle before I was to start short protocol for IVF...my first two betas were doubling nicely and I'm waiting now for my first U/S... My symptoms are relatively minor peeing all the time, pee smells funny, bloated, a bit sleepier but not overly much, and way big boobs...but I'm also supplementing with progesterone...really wish I was at that scan and feeling sick to my tummy!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers (In)Fertility Journey Details in About Me...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: symptoms, 2ww