867 replies to this topic

#51 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:East Coast Fertility

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:28 AM

hello ladies....hope everyone is ok today. I am not as nauseous as I have been and it's concerning me that something is wrong. I have been doing too much reading on missed miscarriages and I am making myself a little crazy. I feel like next week when I go back to the doctor...the heartbeat will be gone. :( I wish I could stop this insane thinking...I just can't help myself. I am not as tired today either. And I definitely didn't get any extra sleep. Another thing too...and this might be TMI...but I am so horny lately. I am finding myself having to take matters into my own hands in the shower or right after! Is this bad? Will this harm the pregnancy? I don't know...I rinse in that area...and I get all turned on that I can't control myself.. I have not felt like this in years. LOL! Anyway...I just hope everything is ok inside there and my little one is still cookin. :(
Oct 1 - Egg Retrieval - 7 eggs retrieved....6 fertilized.
Oct 4 - First Micro IVF - transferred 4 of 6 embryos - froze other two.
Oct 17 - Pregnancy Test - BFP!
Oct 24 - First scan and bloods - saw little bean! bHCG 3281; Progesterone >40; Estrogen: 1942
Oct 31 - Second scan and bloods - heard heartbeat! bHCG > 5,000; Progesterone >40; Estrogen: 1920! Doc saw fibroid in uterus but did not seem concerned and stated that pregnancy was developing WELL! :)
Nov 9 - Third Scan and bloods - all Good! Saw heartbeat - 150bpm!! Very strong! Baby measuring 7 weeks 2 days so just two days behind where I am. Doc said very good! Numbers great! bHCG>5,000; Proegesterone>40 and Estrogen: 1394
Nov 21 - First appt. with OB/GYN! Went well! Scheduled for detailed scan and bloodwork on December 7!
Dec 7: NT Scan went GREAT! Little one got so big! Heartbeat very strong and measuring 11 weeks, 5 days! Nuchal size was normal! So excited! Can't wait to see my baby again at 20 weeks at my next ultrasound! OBGYN follow-up appt on Dec 19.
Dec 19: OB/GYN: All went well...nuchal sonogram and blood tests normal so far! 80% chance that it's accurate!! :) Also heard heartbeat with doppler! YAY! All is well so far! Go back on Jan 10.
Jan 10: All went well. Heard heartbeat again and it sounded great!!!! Back on January 31 for Anatomy Scan!
Jan 31: Anatomy scan went perfect!!! All looks good! IT'S A GIRL!!!! Soooo happy!!!!!! Now if I can keep my gallbladder in check, we're all good! :) Go back in four weeks for appt...and 5 weeks for sugar test.
March 6: General checkup. Baby's heartbeat sounds strong as ever. Going March 31 for sugar test. Back for visit and sonogram on April 3!
April 3: April 3 checkup went well except Iost 3 pounds...LOL. I seem to be losing and not gaining but my doc is not concerned. Still no results from sugar test taken on March 31. I am going with no news is good news. We'll see! Go back on April 17 for checkup....in the every two weeks mode now!!!
April 17: Saw OB...was told I failed the 1-hour glucose and need to take 3-hour. Also was told I am mildly anemic...and that they NEVER received my prenatal bloodwork which was infuriating - so have to redo. I go back on April 30.
April 23: Took 3-hour glucose test...not as bad as I expected. Should know resuls in three or so days. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
April 30: OB appt went well. Passed 3 hour glucose. Discussed possible C-Section with OB.
May 15: Had sonogram....my little girl is 5.5 pounds and very active!! head down! BUT scheduled C-Section for June 18 due to my age, IVF and possible big baby....less risk! We'll see! Back to OB on May 29.
May 29:

Posted ImageMake a pregnancy ticker

Posted Image

Posted Image

#52 rcttc2011

rcttc2011
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 04 November 2011 - 01:13 PM

ChristineNY: I wish we could stop worrying too!!!! I dont think this is going to happen for me, definitly not until I hit 13 weeks. And now I have reason to be like this!

I called my family dr. today to see if they have an ob/gyn for me. They still dont. I called the clinic ( which is in another provinice and a plane ride away) where I had the ivf done and asked them if a pregnancy from ivf would normally be followed by their family dr. Because my family dr. clinic told me that I will be followed by them until I"m 5 or 6 months along. This didnt seem right to me because the fertility clinic said I should go to an ob/gyn when I spoke to them last week.
I didnt get to talk to a nurse yet at the fertility clinic but I did speak to the admin person. And she said that normally you would be followed by an ob/gyn for your whole pregnancy. And they usually order an u/s when your 8 weeks and then again 13 weeks to make sure everything is ok. She said after 13 weeks they consider everything to be pretty safe........

So now I"m going to toture myself. First of all, I"m pissed with all of the services here, everything take so long. That is why we went elsewhere for our entire cycle. Then, I'm worried that I wlll have to be followed by my family dr. and she wont know how it is for an ivf pregnancy. And I"m worried how I will keep this a secret for 7 more weeks!!!!!! We dont want to tell anyone, until we feel safe. My parents knew we had this done, which I really regret. Along with some co-workers. No one was really that supportive and we regret saying anything. And now we want to wait and tell people when we are ready, but I dont know how long I can dodge that question!!!!

And I'm worried how I will get through the next 7 weeks sane....because I know I will be full of fear.

I'm sorry for always being like this. I reallly wish I could enjoy this more.
Me:33 (34 in November!) Hubby:36
Have a 10 year old son from a previous relationship
Me and DH TTC: since September 2009

*Jan.2010-DH-family Dr. referred to Urologist-sp.count & mobility low
*May 2010-referal to urologist; count still very low; found out needed varicocele procdeure
*Dec.9th-2010-DH had varicocele procedure
*March & April-2011-sp.counts still low; suggestion and referral to see Fertility clinic here in this provinice-NL
*June 2011-decided to go and refer ourselves to clinic in Halifax-AART- wait list way to long here.
*August 10th-2011-first phone consult with Dr. at AART-highly recommended IVF & ICSI
*Pretty much all of August getting blood work, pap, etc. done
*August 25-went to Halifax; DH had another sp. analysis done at AART
*August 26-HSG assessment in Halifax - all good, no problems there!
*September 9th -started Suprefact Nasal Spray
*Sept. 21- Leaving for Halifax
*Sept.22-Frist U/S and Blood work appointment at AART
*Sept.22-Started injections-Menopure & Braville-75
*Sept.29-dose lowered on meds..just doing Menopure
*Oct.3-HCG trigger shot
*Oct. 5-Em. retrival-got 12 eggs-10 injected via ICSI-7 fertilized
*Oct.10-Em. transfer (2) -froze 1- the other eggs were not good enough to freeze
*Oct. 26-Blood work done
*Oct. 27-Found out I'm pregnant!!!!!!! Yippee!!!!
*Nov.9th-insisited on another beta-31dp5dt-40,000
*Nov.17th-scheduled first u/s

#53 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:03 PM

Rctcc: I totally understand! That must have been so frustrating!! Ugh! My fertility doc told me that I need to see an OB/GYN by November 21 (I will be 9 weeks and 2 days - - - God willing!). I have already made the appointment and pray to God that they will know what they are doing. I wish I could enjoy it too but I am so filled with worry myself. I am getting a little nauseous today finally so maybe everything in there is fine. I dunno. This is a very nerve-wracking experience. I guess once we get past week 13, we might settle down a bit? I hope? LOL. I don't know. I hope so!!! Posted Image . We are both nervous nellies! We should be happy and doing the dance of joy....Posted Image ....but instead we are driving ourselves nuts. LOL. Oh well. It is what it is. We are just going to have to buckle down and take one day at a time. That's all we can do at this point. One day at a time and take very good care of ourselves....and most of all..be patient! :)

Try and stay as calm as possible.....otherwise you and I will have head explosions from all the stress Posted Image LOL! You and I are going to be ok and we will get through this. Promise. We just try and not analyze every little feeling...etc...because it's too stressful. I am not going to have an easy time waiting the 13 weeks either....which I plan on telling everyone else (God willing I make it)...and it falls around Christmas...so hopefully it will be a nice Christmas gift for everyone.

Try and hang in there.....and I am here if you need me. :)

Posted Image Posted Image
Oct 24 - First scan and bloods - saw little bean! bHCG 3281; Progesterone >40; Estrogen: 1942
Oct 31 - Second scan and bloods - heard heartbeat! bHCG > 5,000; Progesterone >40; Estrogen: 1920! Doc saw fibroid in uterus but did not seem concerned and stated that pregnancy was developing WELL! :)
Nov 9 - Third Scan and bloods - all Good! Saw heartbeat - 150bpm!! Very strong! Baby measuring 7 weeks 2 days so just two days behind where I am. Doc said very good! Numbers great! bHCG>5,000; Proegesterone>40 and Estrogen: 1394
Nov 21 - First appt. with OB/GYN! Went well! Scheduled for detailed scan and bloodwork on December 7!
Dec 7: NT Scan went GREAT! Little one got so big! Heartbeat very strong and measuring 11 weeks, 5 days! Nuchal size was normal! So excited! Can't wait to see my baby again at 20 weeks at my next ultrasound! OBGYN follow-up appt on Dec 19.
Dec 19: OB/GYN: All went well...nuchal sonogram and blood tests normal so far! 80% chance that it's accurate!! :) Also heard heartbeat with doppler! YAY! All is well so far! Go back on Jan 10.
Jan 10: All went well. Heard heartbeat again and it sounded great!!!! Back on January 31 for Anatomy Scan!
Jan 31: Anatomy scan went perfect!!! All looks good! IT'S A GIRL!!!! Soooo happy!!!!!! Now if I can keep my gallbladder in check, we're all good! :) Go back in four weeks for appt...and 5 weeks for sugar test.
March 6: General checkup. Baby's heartbeat sounds strong as ever. Going March 31 for sugar test. Back for visit and sonogram on April 3!
April 3: April 3 checkup went well except Iost 3 pounds...LOL. I seem to be losing and not gaining but my doc is not concerned. Still no results from sugar test taken on March 31. I am going with no news is good news. We'll see! Go back on April 17 for checkup....in the every two weeks mode now!!!
April 17: Saw OB...was told I failed the 1-hour glucose and need to take 3-hour. Also was told I am mildly anemic...and that they NEVER received my prenatal bloodwork which was infuriating - so have to redo. I go back on April 30.
April 23: Took 3-hour glucose test...not as bad as I expected. Should know resuls in three or so days. Keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
April 30: OB appt went well. Passed 3 hour glucose. Discussed possible C-Section with OB.
May 15: Had sonogram....my little girl is 5.5 pounds and very active!! head down! BUT scheduled C-Section for June 18 due to my age, IVF and possible big baby....less risk! We'll see! Back to OB on May 29.
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#54 evian

evian
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:I love everything arts and entertainment. I used to love to run (did my first half marathon last year).
  • My Clinic:LifeQuest

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Christine - I wish I had that issue (or I should say I bet my DH wishes). I'm feeling the complete opposite. Posted Image

Rcttc - hang in there. I can totally appreciate your frustration!

AFM - I'm actually having a good day today! I felt a lot sick just before lunch - but I know it's because I waited too long to eat. For snack this afternoon I had the most delicious chocolate eclair in the world. Seriously, it was to die for. I feel like a million bucks right now. Posted Image I hear you all on waiting to tell people. I have one friend that knows, as well as my boss. I'm going to have a hard time hiding it from everyone else though... my tummy is already starting to protrude quite a bit. I'd like to blame the twins, but I think the chocolate eclair might have had a little more to do with it. I bought a pregnancy journal today, so that I can start documenting all this stuff that is going on.... I just know it will all be a distance memory in a short little while, and I don't want to forget a thing. We're working at a really creative way of telling of telling our parents @ Christmas time. They've been waiting a loooong time for this, and we want the "reveal" to be a BIG deal. First (and second) grand child for both of our parents. It's going to be huge news! I will admit, I like knowing that I have this precious secret right now that nearly no one else knows. It's fun.
Me: 34. DH: 37.
TTC: 2003 thru 2011.

IVF #1 (100% ICSI) / Sept 2011 - BFP !!!
7 retrieved (22SEPT11), 4 fertilized. On day 5 - 1 blast & 1 morula transferred (27SEPT11), no frosties
HPT: 9dp5dt (06OCT11) = positive!
Beta #1: 15dp5dt (14OCT11) = 1441
Beta #2: 17dp5dt (16OCT11) = 3141
U/S dating & viability scan: 7w6d (02NOV11) = it's twins!!! ;)
U/S nuchal tube scan: 11w0d (24NOV11) = normal results
U/S anatomical scan: 19w1d (20JAN12) = everything looked OK, just waiting for official results
U/S 3D scan: 19w2d (21JAN12) = an amazing experience (worth every penny!), and found out we're having a boy & a girl! :D
EDD: June 14, 2012 (that's full term for singleton - so our twins will likley arrive in May)
Posted Image

#55 evian

evian
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:I love everything arts and entertainment. I used to love to run (did my first half marathon last year).

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:22 PM

Btw - I know my due date changed when we discovered we're having twins. I hope you all don't mind I'm going to stick around in the June group. :)

7 retrieved (22SEPT11), 4 fertilized. On day 5 - 1 blast & 1 morula transferred (27SEPT11), no frosties
U/S anatomical scan: 19w1d (20JAN12) = everything looked OK, just waiting for official results
U/S 3D scan: 19w2d (21JAN12) = an amazing experience (worth every penny!), and found out we're having a boy & a girl! :D
EDD: June 14, 2012 (that's full term for singleton - so our twins will likley arrive in May)
Posted Image

#56 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:30 PM

STICK AROUND ALL YOU LIKE EVIAN! WE LOVE HEARING FROM YOU! :) :)
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#57 bepatient

bepatient
  • 84 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:39 PM

Surprisingly I'm not that worried. I was more worried for the ultrasound and now I feel much better. My fertility dr. referred me to an OB but in the mean time while waiting for the call she told me to see my family dr. asap and she will fill out all the requisitions for bloodwork and ultrasound for IPS screening. Then my OB will interpret the results. Are you girls doing the screening. I'm actually most nervous about that. The screening is around 11 weeks my dr. said. So many things to think about! I have told quite a few close friends and my immediate family. They have been very supportive through the ivf process and I know that if anything happened they would be the ones I would turn to for support. I'm pretty much an open book.
Me 37 DH 35
TTC since July 2009
DH: Azoospermia (PESA to extract sperm to freeze- Nov 2010)
IVF/ICSI # 1 Dec 2010 - cancelled due to poor response
IVF/ICSI # 2 Feb 2011 - changed to Estrogen Priming Protocol
9 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 morula on Day 5, transferred 2 embryos
March 2011 - BFN

June 30, 2011 -Discovered I have stage 3 endo
-laparoscopy/cystectomy to remove 4 cm endometrioma, endometriosis and uterine polyp

IVF/ICSI #3 Sept 2011
Estrogen Priming Protocol (left ovary stopped producing after endometrioma removal)
Sept 29 - 6 eggs retrieved, only 2 fertilzed (decided on a day 2 transfer)
Oct. 1 - transferred two grade 4 embryos (4 cell!)
Oct. 12 - BFP 11dp2dt!!!!!
Oct. 17 - 16dp2dt - BETA 3078!!!! twins or early implanter?????
Nov. 2 U/S singleton 6 week 6 days but measuring 7 week 2 days! Heartbeat 133bpm!
Dec 8th U/S - 12 week u/s baby measuring 13 weeks! Heartbeat 129 bpm
Dec 20th - Heard the heartbeat on the doppler! Heartbeat 143 bpm
Jan 18th, 2012 - Heard the heartbeat again and heartbeat is 130bpm (I think it's a boy)
Jan 27th, 2012- U/S - found out we are having a baby BOY! Heartbeat 143bpm, 11 ounces
EDD - June 21, 2012 (but u/s at General Hospital dated us on June 15)
May 27th - Gave birth about 4 weeks early to Zackary. He was 7 pounds 1 ounce
July 8th - 6 weeks old weighing 9 pounds 5 ounces

#58 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

bepatient: What is IPS screening? I am only 6 weeks and 6 days....so not time for it yet for me. I, too, told my parents, and inlaws. Had to tell some people at work too (boss..etc)....so that they would understand by doc appointments all the time. I too, like you, have had a lot of support during the IVF process....so that's why these people in my life are the ones who know so far. It is very exciting. I plan on telling everyone else, God willing, at Christmas time. :)
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#59 Mihoshi

Mihoshi
  • Global 100+
  • 129 posts
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:28 PM

OHSS Ladies - Thanks for your support. I called the clinic today and am like usual waiting for them to call me back to book for the ultrasound. If I do have to go back to work, I will be working 7 days straight and will be putting in long hours on the floor, ugh.

Morning sickness - I getting minor morning sickness; yesterday whenever I brush my teeth and last night's dinner wouldn't allow me to eat much. This morning again with brushing my teeth (so far)... I hope it doesn't get worse than this.

Hormones - ummm... no? Sorry, my hormones are fine for now... Although I was thinking of the JLo movie, "The Back-up Plan" because her character went through IVF as well and was very active =P
Me - 39; DH - 37 ... TTC - since Jan 2009; Dx - Tubal (Feb/11)

FET#3 – Apr 28/15 - our last kick at the cat
blood test - May 11/15 (positive!)
7 wk u/s - May 29/15
EDD - Jan 15, 2016

IVF/ICSI # 2 - Oct/14
11 wk u/s - No heart beat, missed miscarriage - Jan 23/15
Miscarried at 11 and a half wks - Jan 25/15

FET#2 – Feb 3/14 – last egg used (waiting … )
update - Feb 17 - call from clinic; false negative. Next step: blood test ... praying for a miracle.
update - Feb 18 - went in for blood work, was told clinic will get result in 2 days in the mean time, I have started spotting ...

FET#1 – Sep 16/13 BFN

IVF/ICSI # 1 - Aug/11
ER - Oct 5 - 13 eggs retrieved
ET - Oct 8 - Transfered 2 blastocyst (froze 4)
7 wk u/s (1 baby) ... EDD - Jun 28, 2012 (expecting a baby girl) Posted Image
Baby was born on: Jun 30, 2012

src="http://lbff.lilypie.com/t2QLm6.png" width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers" />

#60 evian

evian
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Mihoshi - that movie was on TMN the other day. My hubby walked in when she was searching the dumpster for her body pillow. He looked at me and said "so that's why you're so possessive of your body pillow!". He also had a few comments about the hormonal craziness, but wisely stopped before drawing parallels with me. :D

That early screening testing is a current thorn in my side. We cleared a cruise vacation at the end of November with our doc before we started the ivf process. Now his receptionist is telling me that I'll have to cancel the cruise b/c the test needs to be completed between 11.5 and 12.5 weeks. (right in the middle of the cruise). My DH booked the cruise, but didn't put cancellation insurance on it (but don't get me started), so I've been going over every scenario in my head. As I haven't received the results from my dating scan, maybe the babies will be measuring a little ahead. Then I would hit 11.5 weeks before I leave, and could do the test then. Or flip it, have them measuring a little behind, and do it when I'm back. I also checked in to flights to the first island stop...thinking I could stay behind at home, do the test then then meet up with the cruise ship at the first island and enjoy the rest of the cruise with my DH and friends. It'll cost an extra thousand dollars, will be a 12 hour flight with a zillion stop overs, and I'd have to get a hotel room on the island for one night. Oy vay. Or, don't do the test and risk making my doc mad at me. from what I understand, this test doesn't give you definitive results, it just gives you the odds (ie: 1 in 43000 chance of downs, etc). I think I might just be acting like my normal selfish self....anyone want to give me a reality check? I meet the doc next week to review everything to date. Fingers crossed he'll push the test back.

Posted Image

#61 bepatient

bepatient
  • 84 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:17 PM

I'm looking at a booklet that my dr. gave me and it says Integrated Prenatal Screening can be done anywhere from 11 to 14 weeks. You shouldn't have to change your trip! We are also going on a cruise but not until Christmas. The test can definitely give false positives...my friend had it with both pregnancies and opted for the amnio and those results indicated a true negative. How stressful.
Me 37 DH 35
TTC since July 2009
9 eggs retrieved, 7 fertilized, 2 blasts and 1 morula on Day 5, transferred 2 embryos
March 2011 - BFN

-laparoscopy/cystectomy to remove 4 cm endometrioma, endometriosis and uterine polyp

IVF/ICSI #3 Sept 2011
Estrogen Priming Protocol (left ovary stopped producing after endometrioma removal)
Nov. 2 U/S singleton 6 week 6 days but measuring 7 week 2 days! Heartbeat 133bpm!
Jan 18th, 2012 - Heard the heartbeat again and heartbeat is 130bpm (I think it's a boy)
Jan 27th, 2012- U/S - found out we are having a baby BOY! Heartbeat 143bpm, 11 ounces

#62 evian

evian
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thanks for that bepatient... that's what I like to hear!

Posted Image

#63 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 11:48 AM

Hey Ladies! Hope all is well today! Just saying hi! I am today 7 weeks and 2 days. Very tired!!! Very nauseous!!! Weird thing is that I get EVENING sickness. Not really morning. I get slightly queasy in the morning....but I really start up late afternoon and into the evening and night. Bleck. Not fun. Anyone else having this issue? Oy. Evian I would not worry about the testing. You can probably do it after your trip.

Let me know how we are doing today girls! :)
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#64 rcttc2011

rcttc2011
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

Hi girls!

Sorry I haven't posted in a few days. I am dying with a cold, and since last night I have lost my voice. I am home from work today, trying not to talk and take it easy. I feel miserable. But not pregnancy wise. I am pretty emotional, I can cry over anything! And I'm craving carbs like anything. I dont want fruit at all, which is really strange, but this could be due to me being sick, I'm not sure, but I hope my taste buds start to change soon because I"m getting worried that my baby isnt getting enough nutrition!

I found out that I will be followed by my family dr until March!!! My appointment with my ob/gyn is not until March 26th. I will be about 25 weeks along or so. I'm concerned that my family dr. will not be aware of the proper test that I will need to have done along the way, and also if I am carrying twins. I always thought I would have twins, me and my husband feel that way, but now I'm not so sure because I'm having such little symptoms. I do find myself getting more tired. I need naps now. I also dont think I will be able to wait until Christmas to tell everyone. I did call my fertitily clinic and expressed my concerns and they sent me another requistion to have another blood work done. She did say that my first beta was a good high number and I should not worry. But I'm going to get it done tomorrow anyways so I will feel better. I have my u/s next week, I might announce our news soon after that based on the results...but I could change my mind again about this!!! Maybe I'll wait until the first week of December, to do it!

I hope your all feeling good.

Evian: I hope you can do the test after your trip, I would think that should be possible.

ChristineNY: I hope your morning sickness ( or should I say evening sickness!) doesn't last too long! Keep lots of plain crackers around!

Enjoy your day everyone!!!!

*May 2010-referal to urologist; count still very low; found out needed varicocele procdeure
*March & April-2011-sp.counts still low; suggestion and referral to see Fertility clinic here in this provinice-NL
*June 2011-decided to go and refer ourselves to clinic in Halifax-AART- wait list way to long here.
*August 10th-2011-first phone consult with Dr. at AART-highly recommended IVF & ICSI
*Oct.3-HCG trigger shot
*Oct.10-Em. transfer (2) -froze 1- the other eggs were not good enough to freeze
*Oct. 26-Blood work done

#65 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

This is just plain weird. I know there were several other posts after my last one but for some reason, I don't see them. :(

Whatsa goin on?

:(
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#66 evian

evian
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:07 PM

Had my first appointment post-positive-pregnancy test w/ my OB today. He gave us the official: it's twins, and they're healthy! Heart rates were 150-something and 140-something (I have it written down, but I'm too lazy to get up to get it). More good news - he signed off my papers for the cruise! No need to cancel, I'll do the testing before I leave. Do you know why they told me to bring something w/ sugar to that test? They said chocolate milk or juice.... and I'll have it as soon as I get to the clinic. Do they take a lot of blood or something?

I also asked him about the flu shot. I've never gotten one before. He said it's recommended, but completely up to me. What are you guys thinking re: yourselves getting the flu shot?

I also got to go for another scan (he wanted to check my ovaries b/c they are still extremely large, and I've grown some cysts) - but on the bright side, I got to see the kidlets today! :)

Posted Image

#67 hopeful81

hopeful81
  • Cyclebase
  • 245 posts
  • Interests:Running, home renovations with my husband, our dogs...and a little reality t.v. here and there :)
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 09 November 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hi everyone! I haven't been posting much as I wanted to wait until we saw the heartbeat (strange, I know!). Anyhow, first US today and everything looks to be good! We saw the heartbeat (134 bpm). Our baby is measuring 6 weeks 5 days, so 2 days behind but my Dr. said that's completely normal and in her mind everything is right on track. Only downside was that my ovaries are still the size of grapefruits (OHSS). Ouch! She said my ovaries may actually be squishing my uterus/baby a bit :( Poor baby.

Evian - I see that you mentioned the flu shot. I asked my RE today and she said absolutely NOT during the first trimester....and that by the time I reach second trimester it will be rather pointless as flu season will be well underway. I was really surprised - I thought I had read that it was safe during pregnancy but I'll listen to her. Scary, as I'm a nurse - I guess I'll be wearing a LOT of masks over the winter! What did you end up deciding to do?

Rcttc - Hope you're feeling better! I also hope your first u/s will hurry up and get here already (although I'm still very nervous even after mine....I have a feeling this is going to last a long time). That's REALLY frustrating about the crummy services available to you. I'm sure your family doctor is capable, though....as far as I know, there's really nothing different about an IVF pregnancy verses a natural pregnancy. Have you heard otherwise?

ChristineNY - I'm right with you on the "morning" sickness that actually lasts all day. Mine is pretty out of control, but I find it gets much worse as soon as I start to get hungry. Saltine crackers definitely help, I have a row in my car at all times....lol. The one positive side of m/s is that it's a constant reminder that we're pregnant which is a pretty happy thing :) Hope yours is manageable!
Me - 30DH - 31TTC 3 yearsDx - Male FactorIVF/ICSI #1 (hopefully only!)ER - October 5, 14 eggs retrieved (13 mature, 12 fertilized)ET - October 10 - Transferred 1 blastocyst, 8 frozen blastocyst embies! So very grateful for this.October 20 (10dp5dt) - Beta 146, BFP!October 21 - Admitted to hospital for 4 days with severe OHSSOctober 24 (14dp5dt) - Beta 650October 26 (16dp5dt) - Beta 15279 week ultrasound shows one baby measuring 9w4d, HR 160 bpm!EDD - June 26, 2012June 20, 2012 - Welcome baby girl Emily Elise!Lilypie First Birthday tickers

April 2015 - FET, BFP
December 2015 - Healthy baby boy born!

#68 rcttc2011

rcttc2011
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:54 AM

Hi,

Sorry I'm not posting much, but for some reason this forum is acting all werid to me. The words are going right over to the right hand side and I can barely read what anyone is posting. I"m not even sure if what I'm writing now will post. All the other forums are fine, there is no problem with those, just this one. I"m disappointed because I did like staying in touch with you all. Maybe it will just fix itself.

I hope your all doing well! Thinking of you!

*Oct.3-HCG trigger shot
*Oct. 26-Blood work done

#69 bepatient

bepatient
  • 84 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:12 PM

I'm having the same problem! I can't see the posts anymore and they are moving to the side of the page. I'm going to have to stop posting because I can't read it anymore. Should we start a new forum? Is anyone else having this issue?
Me 37 DH 35
TTC since July 2009
March 2011 - BFN

IVF/ICSI #3 Sept 2011

#70 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Helloooo girls! Well it looks like they FINALLY fixed the problem as I am NOW FINALLY able to see the posts!!! YAY! Hope everyone else can!!!!

How are you girls doing? Funny...but my RE said I should DEFINITELY get the flu shot..ASAP!!! I am 7 weeks 6 days today. I might go to my pharmacy and try to get it. There is a special one for pregnant women....so if you decide to get it...ask for that one.

Morning sickness is still pretty much the same....well, all day and worse in the evening sickness I should call it. LOL. I have been wearing Sea Bands and they seem to help me a bit. They take the edge off but by the end of the day they are itchy and drive me nuts. I find that sucking on tart hard candy like jolly ranchers helps a lot.

I had my third sonogram the other day....and saw my little one. The heartbeat was 150bpm!! It was so loud and strong! Amazing!!! Doc said he/she is growing right on target and that all looked perfect. I have a fibroid in my uterus which worries me but so far, it's not harming the pregnancy. I hope it stays that way. :(

I am feeling more and more tired. It's an effort to walk from my office to the bus stop which is three LONG city blocks away. Going up stairs is also VERY tiring. Every part of me feels fatigued. Sometimes even my arms get fatigued when I type. Imagine? That's how exhausted I am.

How are you all doing? Congrats again Evian on the healthy twins so far! YAY!! AND about the cruise! YAY!!!! Rctcc, I hope you are feeling better with that dang cold!!! Hopeful...nice to hear from you and wish you the best too. I hear you on the saltines but I am soooo sick of them. LOL.

Anyway ladies...hope to see some more posts today now that we seem to be back on track here! :) :)
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#71 bepatient

bepatient
  • 84 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Hi Girls,

I too have had the worst cold ever. I took two days off work and have been coughing like a maniac. I'm afraid I'm doing harm to the little bean I cough so hard. With this cold my nausea/insane hunger disappeared which made me kind of nervous. I went to my family doctor to get all my requisitions for IPS screening and she ordered bloodwork to ease my mind. She called with the results and my beta levels were 96 000 at 7weeks4days and she said that is just right. So I feel some relief. As it turns out my cold is almost gone and I have regained the nausea that is now affecting me in the afternoon and in the evening (not in the morning at all!) I am so exhausted I can barely get through the days. I'm a grade 4/5 teacher so it's exhausting already but this is just insane! I'm also eating like a horse and craving all sorts of random foods. My husband can't believe how full our pantry is! Is anyone starting to get a little belly yet? Are your clothes getting tight? My first OB appt is Nov 23rd and 12 week ultrasound is Dec. 9th. Anyone else having a 12 week u/s?
Me 37 DH 35
TTC since July 2009
March 2011 - BFN

IVF/ICSI #3 Sept 2011

#72 rcttc2011

rcttc2011
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

yay the forum is fixed!! I missed you guys!

Hope you all have been having a nice weekend!

bepatient: I was also sick, my dr. put me off work last week for the whole week. I had a cold and a sore throat and I lost my voice. I was miersable. And like you I am starting to feel so tired now. I am 7 weeks and 4 days. I just want to sleep all day. And I"m eating too much, and not the best stuff. I have no idea what happened, I"ve always been a pretty healthy eater. And to make matters worse ( cause I feel huge) my sister in law was over ( for my birthday) and poked my belly and said 'is there something your not telling me'....not mind you, she is 5'7 and weighs about 85lbs.....so anyone would look big to her. We have not told anyone our good news....she put a damper on my whole birthday because I thought, well, people think I"m gaining weight. Which really is all it is at this point because at 7 weeks I should not be showing. So I'm gaining weight too quickly and I have to put a stop to this. I dont want to have a ton of weight to lose after the baby is born.

I also went and had another beta test done last wednesday. I'm still waiting on the results. And next Thursday I will be having my first u/s.....can't wait!!!!!!

I'm so happy to be able to post again! Hope everyone is going good!!!!

*Oct.3-HCG trigger shot
*Oct. 26-Blood work done

#73 andstillwaiting

andstillwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 535 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Genesis Fertility Clinic

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:42 AM

Congrats on the ultrasound Hopeful81!! I was waiting to see how yours went. I have mine tomorrow! I lost the 17 lbs of fluid I gained but I still have some in my tummy as I still look pregnant. What about you? I can feel my ovaries still and get cramping everyday. What about you? You are the only one I know that went through the same thing so I hope you don't mind me wanting to compare. I haven't had nausea again, I only had it for a few days when my OHSS was bad and was put on diclectin then I took it for about 2.5 days and then I went off them and the nausea didn't come back. Here's to hoping my scan goes well tomorrow afternoon. Hope you are doing well!!

Hi everyone! I haven't been posting much as I wanted to wait until we saw the heartbeat (strange, I know!). Anyhow, first US today and everything looks to be good! We saw the heartbeat (134 bpm). Our baby is measuring 6 weeks 5 days, so 2 days behind but my Dr. said that's completely normal and in her mind everything is right on track. Only downside was that my ovaries are still the size of grapefruits (OHSS). Ouch! She said my ovaries may actually be squishing my uterus/baby a bit Posted Image Poor baby.

Evian - I see that you mentioned the flu shot. I asked my RE today and she said absolutely NOT during the first trimester....and that by the time I reach second trimester it will be rather pointless as flu season will be well underway. I was really surprised - I thought I had read that it was safe during pregnancy but I'll listen to her. Scary, as I'm a nurse - I guess I'll be wearing a LOT of masks over the winter! What did you end up deciding to do?

Rcttc - Hope you're feeling better! I also hope your first u/s will hurry up and get here already (although I'm still very nervous even after mine....I have a feeling this is going to last a long time). That's REALLY frustrating about the crummy services available to you. I'm sure your family doctor is capable, though....as far as I know, there's really nothing different about an IVF pregnancy verses a natural pregnancy. Have you heard otherwise?

ChristineNY - I'm right with you on the "morning" sickness that actually lasts all day. Mine is pretty out of control, but I find it gets much worse as soon as I start to get hungry. Saltine crackers definitely help, I have a row in my car at all times....lol. The one positive side of m/s is that it's a constant reminder that we're pregnant which is a pretty happy thing Posted Image Hope yours is manageable!

#74 ChristineNY

ChristineNY
  • Global 100+
  • 181 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:02 AM

Good morning Girls! Hope everything is going well for everyone. Hope you are feeling better Bepatient! Yeah...I too get morning sickness at night. Ugh. Actually I get it on and off all day but it's most prominent in late afternoon and into the night. Bleh. Just nauseous and find I gag at some strange things. I cannot go into a public restroom without gagging. It's awful. I also gag when I have to clean my toilet bowl at home...LOL. It's horrible. Certain smells really set me off too. I am currently 8 weeks and 2 days and have been fortunate enough to hear my little one's heartbeat twice :-). I am scheduled to see my OB/GYN on Monday, November 21...I will be 9 weeks and 2 days. I hope to hear the heartbeat then too and see my little one a little bit better. It's been hard with the internal sonograms to really see him/her. I would just see the heartbeat flash on the screen which was great...and I definitely heard it....which was wonderful.

I am already overweight to begin with so I have a slightly fuller belly but not too much difference yet. My breasts are a bigger too...which were big to begin with ....LOL. Just what I need. DH is happy though! LOL!. I have been very very tired....and cranky like you would not believe. I wake up every hour at night to pee....and have been having vivid dreams the last few nights. Usually I can't remember what I dream....but the last few nights have been very vivid. Weird.

Anyway....what else is everyone feeling? This journey is amazing....and worth all the annoying symptoms. Though the nausea can be hard to take sometimes. Posted Image

Ok well Posted Image big hugs to all you girls! :) Hope to hear how you are all doing.
May 29:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#75 rcttc2011

rcttc2011
  • Global 100+
  • 192 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:54 PM

I'm back to work today, after a week off....gee I really wish I did not have to work! ha, can't happen!

It's so hard not telling anyone our news. I can't wait to tell my son, but I'm a little scared too on how he will handle it, I'm hoping he will be delighted.

ChristineNY: I"m very cranky also, but more so around my husband ( I have no idea why)....I just dont feel that great. I'm so tired, I can't make it through the day without a nap, and my face is horribly broke out with acne. I still get flare ups, but with being pregnant it seems to have increased and I can't take my perscription cream now..sucks! I also get up to pee about 5x a night, drives me crazy!!!! But I would take all of this to have this baby. I dont have m/s, but I'm so tired, I sometimes feel dizzy.

Just a couple more days and we'll have our u/s and see how many sacs there are.....can't wait....and sooooo nervous!!!!!!!!!

I hope your all doing well!!!!!

*Oct.3-HCG trigger shot
*Oct. 26-Blood work done