Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Success at Montreal Reproductive Centre?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 With Hope

With Hope
  • 12 posts
  • Interests:running, swimming, any sports, theatre
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:MRC (Dr. Tan) and Dr. Barwin

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:54 AM

I was wondering what anyone thinks about the Montreal Reproductiver Centre? This is the new Centre opened up by Dr. Tan? In particular, has anyone had success there?

#2 With Hope

With Hope
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

In particular, I am looking to do an IVF there. Sorry, I am new to this Forum/website and pressed send too soon.

Any input would be helpful!

#3 alabreque

alabreque
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:49 PM

I just completed my first cycle at this clinic and it was a wonderful experience. Sure, they're having some logistical issues getting all set up, but the care is top notch and Dr. Tan is a wonderful physician. We called the clinic up and had an appointment scheduled within a week which is amazing considering the wait list at other places. Dr. Tan spent OVER an hour and patiently explained to us all the steps and types of treatments available to us. How many other doctors do you know who would spend that much time with each patient? The facilities, albeit partially under construction, also looked very new and advanced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this centre to anyone looking for an IVF clinic.

#4 Didia

Didia
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal reproductive center

Posted 02 November 2011 - 06:03 PM

I just completed my first cycle at this clinic and it was a wonderful experience. Sure, they're having some logistical issues getting all set up, but the care is top notch and Dr. Tan is a wonderful physician. We called the clinic up and had an appointment scheduled within a week which is amazing considering the wait list at other places. Dr. Tan spent OVER an hour and patiently explained to us all the steps and types of treatments available to us. How many other doctors do you know who would spend that much time with each patient? The facilities, albeit partially under construction, also looked very new and advanced. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this centre to anyone looking for an IVF clinic.

I agree with your comments, I just completed an IVF cycle and overall had a great experience with Dr. Tan and his team. I would recommend this clinic to anyone I know and expecially to women over 40!
D45

#5 martine

martine
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:centre reproduction montreal

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:12 PM

I agree with the previous comments.

Last September, we got pregnant on our first IVF course with egg donation, at the MRC. We were thrilled!!... Unfortunately, I miscarried at 6 4/7 weeks... We are awaiting my next period, and then we'll start our 2nd course, hopefully before Xmas.

#6 feelinghopeless

feelinghopeless
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Centre

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Hi,

I'm new to this forum thing. I am at Montreal Reproductive Centre, I am currently in the middle of an IVF treatment cycle. I was wondering how is it for egg collection, that has me worried. Should I have a general anaesthetic or do they freeze you up so well down there and give you some happy drugs ?

#7 rea2011

rea2011

Rea

• Cyclebase
  • 90 posts
  • Interests:working out, jogging, reading, photography, my dog & laughing with my gals.
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Center (Dr. Tan)

Posted 29 November 2011 - 08:34 PM

Hi, everyone! Has there been any successes at MRC (non-donor cycles)? I am going to cycle there in January 2012, so I am wondering what to expect. I've cycled 3 times at MFC (2 cancelled and 1 failed IVF)...it would be great to know if anyone hit a home-run at MRC.

6 months trying before intervention
Me: 2.9cm Endometrioma on left ovary
Fiancee: 1-5% morphology (depending on the month)
Laparoscopy (May 2011)

RPL Testing (March 2012): All normal

HLA Testing for my fiancé, myself and donor sperm (August 2012)
2 Failed IUIs (March & April 2011)
CLINIC MFC 1st IVF (July. 2011) - TAKE 1: 18 eggs, 15 fertilized by ICSI, all arrested on day 5. Transfer CANCELLED.
CLINIC MFC 1st IVF (Aug. 2011) - TAKE 2: 10 eggs, 8 fertilized by ICSI, pushed for day 3 transfer...1 embryo transferred. BFN.
CLINIC MFC 2nd IVF (Sept. 2011) - TAKE 1: 16 follicles & 1 small cyst....I ovulated...Cycle CANCELLED.
CLINIC MRC 2nd IVF (Jan. 2012) - TAKE 2: 18 eggs, 12 mature, 12 fertilized by ICSI. 2 Blasts transfered (1 perfect & other average). BFN.
CLINIC MRC 3rd IVF (April 2012) - Intralipid & Cortisone Therapy. 20 follicles, 18 eggs, 15 mature, 18 fertilized by ICSI.

5 Blasts (2 good quality, 3 average). Embryo Testing on all 5. 2/5 are normal.
FET June 5th of the 2 good quality, CGH normal embryos. BFN.
Clinic MRC 4th IVF (March 2013)- Invested in HLA Tested Donor Sperm and using Dr Sher's Agonist-Antagonist Conversion Protocol.  14 follicles, retrieved 7, only 3 mature, but 3 fertilized (1 excellent, 2 good Day 3 embryos)

All 3 transferred on Day 3. BFP (HcG level 900)

**My Advice: When you know something is wrong, go with your gut!!! I knew we had MASSIVE sperm issues, not egg quality issues. Imagine, after tons of failed IVF cycles with my Fiancee's sperm, I get a BFP on the first try with donor sperm.  Hopefully, this pregnancy will make it 'til the end. God bless.

hLGBm4.png

#8 Lailah

Lailah

Hoping & Praying

• Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Movies, Reading, Long Walks, Travelling
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Montreal

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have been at The Montreal Reproductive Centre since last July. I love this clinic and everyone who works there, Dr. Tan, the coordinators, the doctors and nurses. Everyone is so kind. Dr. Tan is an amazing doctor who knows his stuff. I highly recommend this clinic. Posted Image

#9 lisar

lisar
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Center

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:12 PM

I posted this elsewhere, but just to be sure that the message gets out, I had my 3rd round of IVF at Dr. Tan's clinic (1st 2 at other clinics) and I had a success!

Dr. Tan took the most time with me by far, paid me the most respect as a patient by far, and was willing to investigate all possible issues to assure I became pregnant. He and his team are marvelous. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
  • Highest hopes likes this
Me: 36 DOR (AFC usually 7-8, AMH .18)
Husband: 35, low count, morphology, motility, etc. due to varicocele

IVF #1 (McGill) Microdose Flare, 6 eggs, 4 mature, 2 fertilized, 1 Grade 2 transferred on Day 3. BFN

IVF #2 (MFC) Antagonist, 11 eggs, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, 2 Grade 1 + 2 transferred on Day 3. BFN

IVF #3 (MRC) Antagonist, 8 eggs, 2 mature, 1 fertilized, on ice b/c of high progesterone. 5 day FET in September. BFP! First ever! Strong Beta! Fingers crossed, prayers being made for all to be okay...

#10 Brightnew2012

Brightnew2012
  • 6 posts
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Centre

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:38 PM

Hi, I just wanted to share my experience at the MRC. It has been very positive, from start to now. I did 2 rounds of IVF, and this second time has been successful! While I am thrilled about the outcome Posted Image , what was important to me was the process of going the treatments and the care I received - and I was very happy with the treatment there. From the front desk to Dr. Tan, I never had a bad experience. The nurses are exceptionally nice and dedicated, and when you go in to the OR to do egg collection or transfer, you get the feeling that people are enjoying and are confident at what they're doing. I would suggest, like in any medical situation, that you be very organized with your dates and next steps. After all, we're all human, and my attitude was that I help in keeping on top of all calendar items and being ready with dates when I would arrive at the clinic for an appointment.
I remember when I first logged onto IVF.ca, I asked the forum "what's the catch" when it comes to the MRC. I had found this small, intimate clinic near to where I live, and I wondered was I missing something - and another forum participant, said "there is no catch." And she was right. Good luck!

#11 RYLIE91011

RYLIE91011
  • 65 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Montreal Reproductive Center (Dr. Tan)

Posted 21 January 2014 - 12:11 PM

if it wasnt for Dr. Tan thinking outside the box and pushing me to do immune testing (costly but you get some back with your taxes)  I would never have gotten my first POSITIVE ever!

Me: 36, TTC since July 2011

Husband: 37, High DNA Fragmentation (over 50%)-Now down to 14.9% fragmented (june 2013) Back up to 62% Feb 2014.

DX: Immune issues. and High DNA Fragmentation

Nov 2012: Totally natural IVF cycle, 2 eggs retrieved, one fertilized, day2 transfer of a "perfect" 4 cell embryo, BFN

Jan 23 2013: starting modified natural cycle (150 puregon day 4, 6, 8) day 4 US: 5 follicles on L side, 7 follicles on R side
Feb 4 2013: ER: 9 eggs retrieved. Cyst drained during ER as well.
Feb 5th: 1 egg mature+ICSI, fertilized. 3 immature eggs maturing in lab, 5 immature.
Feb 6th: 1 embryo dividing well, 3 eggs matured and ICSI done, waiting to see if fertilized. 5 discarded. tentative transfer day feb 8th.
Feb 8th: ET, 1xday 4 (cells have started to compact.) 3 leftovers have fertilized.
Feb 11th: call from embryologist: 3 leftovers arrested. nothing to freeze.
Feb 14th: 6dp4dt, HPT-BFN major bummer.
Feb 20th, Beta BFN

April 2013:Fresh Cycle. Antagonist protocol. 150puregon/day+Orgalutran+Ovidrel.

April 8th: 12 eggs collected, 8 mature, 7 fertilized. 7 blasts, 6 hatching, 1 hatched.

April 13th: 1 great looking hatching blast transferred.  6 blasts frozen.

April 22: crying my eyes out,cry.gif feel period coming. BETA on the 24th.

April 24th: NEGATIVE BETA, but got call saying that I can start preparing for FET right away

May 14th: FET 1 hatching blast BETA May 24th.

May 17-18: cramps at 3dpFET, then on and off since

May 18th: hpt BFN 

May24th: BETA day: BFN. Told to wait out a cycle before pursuing another FET.

June 2013: Hubs did a second DNA fragmentation test with another urologist for a second opinion.  Test came back at 15% abnormal, so... now within the norm... huh??? So happy but wondering how it went from 59% fragmented down to 15% fragmented.  Morphology still low.

July 15 2013: Hysteroscopy, Endo Biopsy done.  They've removed a polyp as well.  Still waiting for full results... darn summer vacations, making test results delayed... so anxious.

August 28th 2013: Green light to start Estrace today for FET

Sept 4: on duty Dr. (not Dr. Tan) gave me a big NO on a double transfer due to me having blasts and my age URGH!

Sept 11th: Transfer day.  surprise! Dr tells me they're transferring 2 hatching blasts.  lower quality though...

Sept 23: Beta: negative.

WTF appointment Sept 26.

5 3 frozen hatching blasts left.

Immune Testing: positive for high CD56 (and other stuff moderate)

December 21 2013: Cycle starts! Immune protocol: Prednisone, Lovenox, Estrace, PIO, Doxy, Medrol, Calcium

Perfect lining (triple stipe, first time the technician is so happy with it!)

Transfer on Jan 7th, Empty Bladder transfer. (so much easier!)

1 blast didnt make it thru thaw, 2 great ones left, transferred both. so nothing left from our 2nd cycle.

Embryologist particularly thrilled with an almost fully hatched blast.

Jan 20: Beta 208

Vitality Scan Feb 3

Feb 3: no gestational sac found. Beta 5.9.

March 2014: IVF#3

7 eggs, 6 mature, 4 blasts.

Immune: prednisone, Lovenox, Intralipids. 

transferred 2, 2 frozen.

April 3rd: BFN.

#12 With Hope

With Hope
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:17 PM

Our daughter is almost two now!  We conceived at MRC (Now called OriginElle) and we are trying for our second.  If it wasn't for Dr. Tan's out of box thinking and expertise, we may not have continued this journey.  He is like our personal doctor on call, replying to us day and night from around the world!   I highly recommend Dr. Tan. Good luck to all!