4 replies to this topic

#1 wishingforbaby

wishingforbaby
  • 32 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:not yet choosen

Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:06 PM

Hi Everyone
Im looking into many diffrent clinics and am wondering if anyone is using FMRC or has had in the past and would like to share an experience
All is appreciated!
Mandy

#2 Rob

Rob
  • 18 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:FRMC

Posted 23 August 2006 - 04:09 PM

I was originally at Mt Sinai RBU, where I was a number and not a human. Different dr's all the time, could never get anyone on the phone, no one to answer questions, and completely unsympathetic when I miscarried. They had me on the same protocol for 3 cycles without seeing a dr. In addition, they rushed me, and did IUI on day 11 or 12, before I was ready, I later found out.
Now, I am with Roth at FRMC. I am very happy there. First, it is convenient. Second, cycling is never a multi hour wait for u/s. Contrary to the previous post, I get very good treatment there. Dr. or nurse is always available to answer questions. If dr. is not around (on call or out of office) and nurse cant answer questions, she always finds out and calls back with answer the same day. Fertility is their priority there, as opposed to obstetrics and they try to squeeze you in if needed. Also, you can stay with the same dr. through pregnancy and delivery which is comforting if you like the dr. He is as agressive as you want to be, but wont push for $$$ treatments unless absolutely necessary. With me, he was ready to try another IUI, and I pushed for IVF.
Dr. Virro is great too, but a MUCH longer wait for an initial consultation. FRMC does IVF at markham facility, and Virro actually did my transfer. Super nice guy, as is Roth.
Good luck
Rob

#3 missy

missy
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:FRMC

Posted 25 November 2006 - 12:57 AM

Hello,

I'd like to add my 2 cents. I agree with most of what Rob wrote above. Dr. Roth is extremely professional and courteous. I never felt that he was pushing IVF on me because of the $$$, but because he felt I was a good candidate for it. He was right; I had two embryos implanted and eventually gave birth to twin boys.

However, sometimes the staff did seem to be a little disorganized, and at times intimidating. My husband once witnessed a woman come in for her appointment, and then being told by a staff member that they had no record of her appointment. The woman said that she was sure that she had the right date and time and that she had to go through a lot at work in order to get the day off to attend the appointment. The staff member was adamant that there was no booking and that that was too bad. The poor woman was practically in tears as she kept insisting that she had the correct date and time. The office was not busy at all - in fact, I was inside the examination room with Dr. Roth at the time and I was the last appointment. The staff member did not bother to see if Dr. Roth could fit her in for a quick consultation.

My husband was so emotionally upset by this incident that he told me we were never coming back again! After he had calmed down, I convinced him that the treatment by the staff is not important - that Dr. Roth is a good doctor, and ultimately, that is what it comes down to.

So, I guess if you're willing to keep your "eyes on the prize" and try to ignore how the staff are, you'd probably get some of the best infertility advice and treatment out there.

Missy

#4 reeta

reeta
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis

Posted 20 September 2014 - 02:59 AM

Congrats on the twins - ours are now 17 months and I know how trying the first few months can be.... 
thanks for your response smile.gif 

• gibasgirl likes this

Complete set pass4-sure.us exam questions and Tabor College dumps

#5 mamusia

mamusia
  • 7 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:rouge valley

Posted 24 March 2016 - 09:37 PM

HI I LIKE TO KNOW WHAT ARE THE BEST FERTILITY CLINICS IN TORONTO