882 replies to this topic

#876 casou08

casou08
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 01 November 2012 - 12:25 PM

Kim and Hopefulgirl: It was great to read your updates. It's hard to believe that our little ones are almost 9 months old!

I too am loving this stage in my baby's life. Abby is so active, curious and responsive. She started "crawling" backwards a few days ago and is trying very hard to get coordinated enough to move forward. We spent a good part of September and October away on holidays which wreacked havoc with her sleep but now that we've been home for a week she is back on a better schedule.
I am slowly weaning Abby which makes me sad because despite all my initial problems I have come to really enjoy breastfeeding. The reason I've had to do that is that we are trying to do a FET in the next few months before I go back to work. My husband and I are both older so we feel like we don't have a lot of time to waste.

We are already experiencing winter here in Alberta. Hope the weather is better where you are!!

TTC since July 2008
March 2010-First visit to Fertility Clinic
May 2010-Laparoscopy to check for endometriosis-very mild
Oct. 2010 IUI #1 BFN
Nov. 2010 IUI #2 BFN
May 2011: IVF#1 BFP

February 16th, 2012 Abigail was born. She is our miracle baby!
January 4, 2013: FET #1 transferred 2 embryos-chemical pregnancy

March 2013: IVF #2

Beta #1: 152 Beta #2: 275 Beta #3: 1506

April 24th: 1st u/s 8 wks heartbeat:156

May 22, 2013: Fetal Echo no heartbeat. We are heartbroken.

December 13th, 2013: FET #2 transferred our last embryo. Another chemical pregnancy!

#877 hopefulgirl

hopefulgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 792 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:59 PM

I was so happy to read your update Casou. Best wishes to you heading in to your FET, how exciting. You will have to keep us updated. Posted Image

AFM - I'm in festivity overdrive heading into baby's first Christmas. It's the first year in 4 years that I'm not a total Grinch! Last year I was finally pregnant only to end up on strict bedrest. What a difference a year can make! Feeling very thankful and blessed.
DX:PCOS 2 years, lots of tears and one lucky IVF cycle...
Winter 2012 - Welcome to the world baby boy!
Summer 2013- Surprise BFP makes two?!
Aug - NT scan looks great. In love already.
Feb 2014- Welcome baby boy #2

#878 hopefulgirl

hopefulgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 792 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:18 PM

Well it's happened, I suppose it was inevitable, my teeny tiny baby grew up and celebrated his first birthday today. I am in awe of this milestone, and how fast this year flew by, especially after our long journey to create him. He seems a million miles away from that little bundle they placed on me one year ago, but I have to say that I love him even more today (if that's possible). Wishing all of the Feb 2012 due date babies a wonderful first birthday, and many many returns. May all the moms take a moment to sit back and raise a glass to themselves. I thought this quote fitting- "The moment a child is born, the mother is also born. The woman existed, but the mother, never. A mother is something absolutely new". Rajneesh

#879 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 480 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM (previously UBC)

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Happy 1st Birthday Thomas and congrats Hopeful on your first year of being a beautiful mother! I love the quote by Rajneesh it really resonates with me. I feel like such a different person now that I'm a mother - stronger, more confident and truly in love. 

A year ago today I went into labour. Little did I know it would be 2 more days before she decided to arrive. Tonight I'm making cookie pops in preparation for her first birthday on saturday. I know it's a cliche, but it's shocking to me how quickly the days, months and now years fly by when you have a child. I'm so in love with my daughter and every day is exciting watching her grow and develop. 

She's kind of a little peanut at only 19.2 lbs and 70cm. Still not too interested in solid food so nursing remains a main stay. She's super active and has been walking for a few weeks now so it's non-stop all day long. She FINALLY slept through the night on Tues 7:45pm-5:10am but then woke up 3 times last night...sigh. Naps are still on and off depending on the weather or some other unknown universal force. Someday before kindergarten I'm hoping she'll be a consistently good sleeper, in the meantime she's lucky she's cute ;-)

I hope everyone is well and I'd love to hear more about your little ones and your life as a mom. 

Me (41) Dx Unexplained.  

June 2011 - To start IVF at UBC...5 days before our apt we got a surprise BFP. Baby girl born Feb/12.  

Switched to PCRM in TTC 2nd 

July 2013 - M/C

July 2014 - Healthy baby boy

Feb 2016 - MM/C at 9w. Heart stopped at 7w6d. D&C. Trisomy 15. 

July 2016 - M/C at 7w. Near triploidy (68 chromosomes). 

November 2016 - BFP. EDD July 20/17

D/c'd from repeat loss clinic at 11 weeks :-D 

#880 mollygirl21

mollygirl21
  • Cyclebase
  • 1513 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:52 AM

Hi everyone :)

I am so excited for Levi's first birthday - I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas! We're celebrating with just family (Levi's aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents and great-grandparents total 19 people so that's enough!) and I'm making cupcakes. Dh's mother asked if she could buy the birthday cake and I told her no, thanks and then his grandfather said he was going to buy Levi his own little cake to smash and again, I had to say no thanks. I have waited a very long time to make a birthday cake for my baby and nobody else gets to do that :)

He's such a good baby, we are very lucky. After watching him for a couple days while we were away in Dec, my sister said that if her babies had been that good, she would have had 10. He's a big eater and will eat anything I put in front of him but he's still only in the 30th percentile for weight (under 20 lbs).

He started walking at 9.5 months and is running everywhere now. He laughs all the time and tells stories in his own little language and thinks he is just hilarious.

We have made the decision that our family is complete and we will not be going down the road of TTC again. I'm back to work and coping with that OK, I think. He goes to a sitter who he seems to like a lot and I have more energy at the end of my work day than I ever had after a full day at home. Stay at home moms really do work harder than anyone!

Hard to believe we have all made it this far. I hope everyone has healed their IF wounds while never forgetting those still trying for their miracle. I went back and re-read "My IVF.ca Story" that I wrote to be posted to the homepage and it brought a tear to my eye - I count my blessings every single day.

MG

After 3+ years, my cycle history is quite long. For details on each cycle, please visit my "About Me" page

Trying since fall 2007
All tests show normal (we're "unexplained")

COH+IUI in Nov 08 = BFN
IVF # 1 Feb 09 - BFN
IVF #2 June 2009 - BFP
13 week u/s showed a missed m/c. Baby stopped developing around 8 weeks. Damn.

Moving on to adoption :)
March 22, 2010 - finished PRIDE classes
waiting to begin homestudy sometime in the next two years. That's not a typo - TWO YEARS
Feb 2012 - got a call that they are ready to start our home study...putting off all adoption decisions for at least 6 months because I am 2 weeks from my due date (see below)

Feb 2011 - we've been offered donor embryos! FET in a few months after preliminary tests are done...
FET June 2011:
May 7 - start suprefact and low dose aspirin (on CD21)
May 14 - AF started - super heavy and I'm super cranky. Headaches from the suprefact too
May 21 - starting Estrace and both of us start antibiotics
June 3 - u/s to check lining
June 8 - FET
June 21 - Beta is 564. June 24 Beta is 2286
July 12 - first u/s at 7w1d
Aug 18 - second u/s at 12w4d - everything looks great
Aug 30 - first prenatal appt
Oct 6 - 20w anatomy scan, could find out the sex!
It's a BOY!!
EDD is Feb 26, 2012
beautiful healthy baby boy born March 1, 2012 <3

My friend ButterflyKiss provided this quote from Laura Bush's book and I think it captures how many of us feel:"The English language lacks the words to mourn an absence... for someone who was never there at all, we are wordless to capture that particular emptiness. For those who deeply want children and are denied them, those missing babies hover like silent, ephemeral shadows over their lives. Who can describe the feel of a tiny hand that is never held?"

#881 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:16 AM

Yay!  So happy to hear from you MG. Congrats on the approaching milestone birthday - it really is wonderful! Hugs and kisses to your wee boyo from cyber sibling L, too.

Happy birthdays to all the others celebrating too :)

The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#882 casou08

casou08
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • My Clinic:Edmonton Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 05 March 2013 - 02:30 PM

So great to hear all your updates. I totally agree with how fast the year has gone by. Our little Abby turned one on February 16th. We ended up having two parties on the same day!! A little crazy but a great crazy. Abby is the love of our lives. She is a happy, good natured and affectionate little girl. We are on the last leg of our IF journey. Our one and only FET was unsuccessful. I am in the middle of my last IVF. It's been hard with work, spending time with Abby and visiting my mom in the hospital but it results in a pregnancy, it will be worth it!!! Take care!!

TTC since July 2008
March 2010-First visit to Fertility Clinic
May 2010-Laparoscopy to check for endometriosis-very mild
Oct. 2010 IUI #1 BFN
Nov. 2010 IUI #2 BFN
May 2011: IVF#1 BFP

February 16th, 2012 Abigail was born. She is our miracle baby!
January 4, 2013: FET #1 transferred 2 embryos-chemical pregnancy

March 2013: IVF #2

Beta #1: 152 Beta #2: 275 Beta #3: 1506

April 24th: 1st u/s 8 wks heartbeat:156

May 22, 2013: Fetal Echo no heartbeat. We are heartbroken.

December 13th, 2013: FET #2 transferred our last embryo. Another chemical pregnancy!

#883 hopefulgirl

hopefulgirl
  • Global 100+
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 09:53 PM

It put a big smile on my face to read all of your updates and to picture little Levi, Abigail, and Chloe celebrating their first birthdays. What a happy ending for all. 

Casou - I'm sorry to hear about your FET. Good luck w this cycle and please update us. I am sending positive vibes for you. You are one super mama to juggle it all. 

AFM - We are enjoying our boy to the fullest. He's not quite walking yet but he doesn't let that slow him down. He loves music, and has a few words down - 'mama' being my fave (obviously!). What more can I say, he's a solid 23 lbs of sunshine. I can't go anywhere without being stopped and asked if he always smiles that much (yes, he does). There is no doubt he realizes just how good he has it! ;)  

We have an appointment next month at the clinic to discuss options for number 2. I return to work in June so we won't be trying right away but we want to see where things are at. I'm hoping for good news as DH is on the fence about another IVF, and I'm not sure I am ready to take that on myself just yet. What do ya know.. life has a way of always coming full circle.