733 replies to this topic

#726 Jo1984

Jo1984
  • Cyclebase
  • 451 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:57 PM

Meeting him today was the best day of my life!!! He is such a boy! So full of giggles and joy. I am truly truly blessed!
  • nervus optimist, impatient, RainbowsPromise and 4 others like this
DX PCOS and slight male factor
6 cycles clomiid
2 failed IVFs

Moved onto to Adoption via CAS
Homestudy/Pride Jan 2012
Matched(foster to adopt program) July 2013 to our little man he is the light of our life!

So blessed :-)

#727 BrandyM

BrandyM
  • Global 100+
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with our beautiful daughter, walking our dogs, reading, scrapbooking, travel and horse back riding :)
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Children's Bridge

Posted 16 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Thats fantastic!!! Its so amazing once they are home isnt it :)

Me: 29
DH: 30
8 years TTC
3 rounds of IUI and nothing

May 2011 Started our adoption paperwork
Dec. 2011- Officially matched to adopt domestically biggrin.png
Jan. 19th 2012- Beautiful baby Brooklyn was born! Love at first sight biggrin.png

Sept. 2013- Back on the list to adopt domestically!!! (waiting patiently, haha, or not!)

Aug. 3rd 2016- Our darling little Inuk baby Bristol was born Emoticons01015.gif

#728 blueeyez777

blueeyez777
  • Global 100+
  • 128 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 16 August 2013 - 10:35 PM

Congrats Jo! Looking forward to hearing about a smooth transition!
Me: 33
DH: 38

TTC 2 years
Jan/Feb 2012- IVF #1 "standard" protocol - BFN; nothing left to freeze
May/Jun 2012- IVF #2 flare protocol- BFN; have 1 frozen blast left but unsure of when to do FET

Moving Forward with Adoption (Adoption Options)

July 27 & 28- Adoption Seminar
August 10- All of the paperwork is done
Sept 19- 1st day meeting our social worker
Nov 19- Officially on the the waitlist

#729 staceylee

staceylee
  • Cyclebase
  • 403 posts
  • My Clinic:Adoptions Options - Calgary

Posted 17 August 2013 - 02:28 PM

Congrats Jo!!!!

ME 38 DH 37

TTC 6 Yrs
Diagnosed HIGH FSH Levels (13) Low Follicle Count placed immediately in IVF program

IVF #1 - Jan/Feb 2010 - Flare Protocol - BFN
IVF #2 - Sept/Oct 2010 - Min Stim - BFN
Going into Menopause at 34 no more biological options for me

Moving on to Adoption with Adoption Options
On the wait list - July 22, 2011

Got the Call - January 17, 2013 Baby Girl due February 11, 2013

Finally a mom - Alexis Nicole Born February 21, 2013. She is forever ours

#730 Tilly

Tilly
  • 73 posts
  • My Clinic:Adoption Options

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:22 PM

Congratulations Jo! Can't wait to hear about the transition

Me: 35 DH: 40
Married: 1999
TTC: 10+ years

Private adoption waiting list: April 2012

#731 RainbowsPromise

RainbowsPromise
  • Global 100+
  • 697 posts
  • My Clinic:Christian Adoption Services, Calgary

Posted 23 December 2013 - 09:21 PM

Realized I put my original announcement under International- but this was a domestic adoption! Mommy brain has set in :)

God brought us an early Christmas present, a “little king”! We are thrilled to introduce you to our son Ryan, who we brought home from Edmonton last week and is sticking around for the long haul! He has such an amazing testimony already and we are giving all the glory to God for “hiding him in his birth mother's womb”. We have waited 8 years for him, almost 2 years on the adoption list, but he was so worth it! Keep the faith, everyone- your day will come! Hugs to all!

• Kerry23 and Bubby99 like this
Me 42 DH 44 Married since 2005 and have been TTC the whole time.One adoption revocation through the AB govt (son taken back by birth family after 6 days)Multiple failed clomid cyclesMultiple failed home IUI cycles.Two failed IVF cycles (didn't get to retrieval).Pursuit of donor embryos through direct donation.FET with direct donor embryos in Nov 2010 resulted in a BFP!Jan 2011- both empty sacs and m/c has begun. June 2011- Second donor embryo cycle (anonymous donor). BFN.Oct 2011- Third donor embryo cycle (anonymous donor). BFN.Nov 2011- Pursuing private adoption through Christian Adoption Services.May 2012- Officially on the waiting list for CAS.See "About Me" page for specifics on our journey and continued updates.Believing that God WILL answer our prayers for children! He is the one who placed the desire for children in our hearts so we trust that it will happen.... in His time. The message that keeps coming is from Psalm 37:7 "Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for Him". December 2013- God has answered our prayers in a way we truly didn't think was possible- we brought home a little boy and survived the 10-day waiting period, lol. To Him be the glory- the testimony of this little one is amazing!

#732 parkerdog

parkerdog
  • Global 100+
  • 116 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 23 December 2013 - 10:09 PM

RP - congratulations!!! Such amazingly good news and quite the Christmas present.  All the best to you and yours this holiday season.  You are an inspiration to all of us waiting.  

Brent & TrishMarried since 2009, TTC the whole timeDH: 39ME: 41Diagnosis: borderline high FSHMiscarried: April 20/10 - natural pregnancyOn the IVF Waitlist since February/10 and waiting for the call!Got the call in August 2010 for Flare ProtocolStarted BCP August 9Started Suprefact Injections September 1Started GonalF (450 iu) and Luveris September 4ER September 17, 5 eggs pulled, 5 eggs fertilized (1 two-cell, 2 four-cell, 1 five-cell and 1 seven-cell)ET September 20, 3 eggs transfered (2 eight-cell and 1 10-cell)Other two embies weren't good enough to freeze and were "discarded" to quote RFPOctober 6: clinic called and we're pregnant!!October 12: chemical...don't know where to go from hereOctober 20: turns out the chemical pregnancy was ectopic! 2 doses of mexotrethate to stop cell growth immediatelyOctober 27: rushed to ER as ectopic tore through left fallopian tube, surgery performed and 3.5 days in hospital as I had to be opened up to find source of bleedingNovember 11: met with RFP to discuss next stepsDecember 9: Decided to move forward with a superovulation IUI in February/March, 2011. Also taking supplments: Royal Jelly, Ubiquinol. Asked RE for prescription for DHEA and started, have to be on DHEA for 3 months before trying our IUI. Starting the paperwork for public/private, domestic adoption.February 11/12, 2011 Completed domestic adoption courseMarch 10, 2011 Second HSGTube clear: IUI with injectibles in AprilApril 25 Started GonalF (250 iu) and LuverisStarted antagonist (Cetrocide) mid wayApril 30 HCG triggerIUI May 2 - 7 follicles measuring 2 or more mm's. Hoping my right tube will pick up those in my left ovary.May 16/17 BFNMay 17 AFMoving on from IF Treatments and focussing on adoptionMay 31 First visit with Adoption Options Social WorkerSeptember 2011 officially placed on the waiting list2012 update: two close calls (1 for a private placement and 1 where our profile was shown but BM chose another couple) and two calls that we turned down do to high risk lifestyle of BMMay 1, 2014 - got the call! We've been matched. Baby boy born May 11 at 1130 pm. We brought home our son in May 12 at 330 pm and he was declared ours forever at 12 am on May 23!

#733 Tilly

Tilly
  • 73 posts
  • My Clinic:Adoption Options

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:43 PM

Congratulations RainbowsPromise! That is amazing news, and what a Christmas present!

Me: 35 DH: 40
Married: 1999
TTC: 10+ years

Private adoption waiting list: April 2012

#734 Kerry23

Kerry23
  • 59 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 27 December 2013 - 12:44 AM

Congratulations RainbowsPromise!!! Your announcement has brought joy to my heart. What a wonderful time of year to welcome home a son.