1 reply to this topic

#1 deftonesmo

deftonesmo
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:26 PM

ALoha =)

I've heard pineapple core, walnuts, and grape juice were good for implantation . . . also, to stay away from cold, wet foods and eat more warm foods like soups . . . do you recommend the same? also, any supplements to take during the 2ww? I'll be taking my prenetal vitamin, CoQ10 . . . decaf green tea?

#2 DrFionaMcCulloch

DrFionaMcCulloch
  • Physician
  • 780 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:White Lotus Naturopathic

Posted 10 May 2011 - 11:31 AM

Hi Aloha,
foods such as pineapple and walnuts are thought to help during the 2ww, though there is no evidence to support this. However, pineapple being high in bromelain is an anti-inflammatory food, and this may be part of why it is thought to be helpful. Either way there is certainly no harm in eating pineapple and if it helps, great! Generally I ask patients to try to avoid dairy and wheat during the 2ww since some people do react to these foods and inflammation is generally something you want to reduce in the body during this time. With regards to supplements, I often recommend methyltetrahydrofolate (a special form of folic acid in case of folate conversion disorders), omega 3 with a high EPA content, and grapeseed extract (these will reduce inflammation and clotting).

I hope that is helpful, and I wish you the best for your cycle!

Dr Fiona
  • gibasgirl likes this
Dr. Fiona McCulloch, BSc., ND : Naturopathic Doctor, Integrative Women's Health & Fertility
White Lotus Integrative Medicine
Greenfield Ave, Suite 201
North York, Ontario, M2N 3CBCanada
phone (416) 730-8218