790 replies to this topic

#76 flavah

flavah
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:OFC

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

I'm dying to tell the whole team but i'm going to wait until at least second week in April then I'll announce at our bi-weekly meeting.

Do any of you have rony or stuffed up noses?? My nose is on and off stuffed up and I read that's a side effect so annoying b/c I can't take antihistamines!
Feb 28 - BFP!
Feb 28 - Beta: 410
Mar 22 u/s - TWINS!
May 11 - strict bed rest, bleeding from placenta previa:(
July 21 - baby A 1 lb 7 oz, baby B 1 lb 6 oz
Aug 9 - baby A 2 lbs baby B 2 lbs 5 oz, cervix 1.5 cm YIKES
Aug 14 - hemorrhaged for 7th time and strong contractions appeared, water ended up breaking at 2am,
Aug 14 - M + K arrived via emergency c-section weighing 2 lbs and 2.4 lbs at 28w

Posted Image

#77 Lake

Lake
  • 61 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:39 PM

Flavah- Yeah!!! more twins! Congratulations! A strong heartbeat is a very good sign that things are normal, the smaller sac will catch up in no time. I've had the stuffy nose too but Dr said it's because you have more blood running through your respiratory system and you're producing more mucus (for mucus plug as well) so that's a good albeit an annoying symptom.

Hopeful- sorry to hear about your nausea, it's the pits. I've been dealing with it for the last couple weeks and can't wait for the day it disappears. When I told Dr this he said that's a good sign the pregnancy is viable. Try ginger tablets or a sea band and don't let your stomach get empty.

Got my next dr apt booked for prenatal checkup next tuesday and another apt with an obstetrician on thursday. Dr said around 9 weeks is the critical time for miscarriage and if I can make it past then, I have a minimal risk of miscarriage but from my symptoms and first u/s, he is pretty sure everything will be fine. The twins surprise is starting to sink in. Some friends have been really supportive and others are like "wow get ready for some serious work", thanks I already know that and I don't need nonpositive comments right now, I'm scared enough. Still been extremely tired and nauseas with lots of mood swings thrown in there. Mom has been helping with the housework which is a huge help. The next countdown is for the 12 week u/s!
Feb 15/11 First IVF/ICSI-2 embryos transferred 4AA/4BB 5dt
Feb 23 HPT- BFP
Feb 28- Beta #1 617
Mar 7- Beta #2 10,574
Mar 18- First u/s TWINS!!!!

#78 MacReady

MacReady
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:18 PM

Thanks to everyone for the welcome! I did call the clinic and got my number - 1638 (16dp5dt) and I requested a second beta which I'll do early next week.

Lots of multiples on this thread! Exciting!!

Hopeful - sorry you're feeling so much nausea - not fun!

I've been feeling 'ok', but similar to Erin, I can't let myself get too hungry or too full. This is a change from my 1st pregnancy, I felt completely normal with DD, in fact maybe a little better than normal. This time I'm tired and generally feeling 'not great'.... but can't complain too much, it's all pretty mild and manageable so far. I'm also already feeling a fair amount of stretching, don't remember feeling this until later on last time. Hopefully that's not a sign that I'm going to be big as a house! oh and I'm also a bit stuffed up - hadn't really related that to being pregnant but I guess that's probably why!

I've told a co-worker and friend, who both knew we were cycling. Other than that waiting until after the u/s but even then we'll just tell family and close friends. Will wait to tell work and announce it on Facebook until about 12wks probably. I may tell my boss after the u/s as well though. I've actually just taken on a new position for the year but in the end I'll only be here for about 8 months of it, so I'd like to tell him so that he can plan accordingly. I actually had to decline being sent away to a conference because of the cycle so I did actually tell him about the ivf (in very general terms) so he has a bit of a heads up that it might be coming and he knew that was a risk when assigning me this new position. He's very understanding and supportive.
TTC since May '06
NO-Azoospermia (SCO)
1st Attempt
1st dIUI: Mar '08, BFN
2nd COH/dIUI: May '08,BFP!!
Beta 16dpiui 489, 22dpiui 4471
Our sweet baby girl arrived Jan 14, 2009!
2nd Attempt
IVF #1 Feb/Mar 2011, BFP!! m/c at 12wks :-(
IVF #2 Jan/Feb 2012 - BFP!! Beta 113... f/u beta and u/s confirm blighted ovum, m/c @8wks :-(
TDI Feb/2013, BFN
TDI Apr/2013, BFN

Moving on...

#79 Mrslgh

Mrslgh
  • 22 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility Centre

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:35 PM

Hi everyone, can I join you? I've been debating whether to join for a couple of days.

I got my bfp confirmed by my clinic on Tuesday (14dp5dt) and she said it was a positive result but that my beta of 195 was on the low side. I went in again on Thursday (16dp5dt)and my beta was 600. They asked me to go for an ultrasound in 2 weeks. My numbers seem so much lower than most so I don't really feel like I belong here yet...

Congratulations to you all! :Emoticons09710:

#80 Karolinasmommy

Karolinasmommy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1101 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 25 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

Hoping_2011 - my first beta was 133, then 2 days later was 296 and then I went for a third and they were satisfied enough with that number.

I wouldn't worry about the beta...you got your bfp, it's just a large number game, and is so stressful to follow.

Congrats and Welcome!
IVF #1
Loss @ 11 weeks (vanishing twin)👼
Loss @ 24 weeks due to pprom (Karolina)👼
Birth of Son #1 in 2014 🌈
Birth of Son #2 in 2016 🌈

May all your dreams come true in ways you least expect it❤️

#81 Erin_G

Erin_G
  • Cyclebase
  • 443 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:01 PM

hoping_2011: Welcome. There's such a wide range of normal betas that I wouldn't worry about it too much. The most important thing is that it's doubling.

AFM: I've got my first u/s scheduled for April 7th and my RE is going to make arrangements for a bunch of prenatal testing that I'm eligble to do because I'm "special." I have no idea what that all entails but as long as it won't hurt I'll go for it. I'm also pumped because I was able to get in with the OB that I wanted to use. He's kind of a funny little man but I dig that and he's got a great reputation. Where I'm at pregnant mom's end up waiting until at least 11 weeks just to see their OB's nurse so I'm quite glad that I have my RE to take care of me in the meantime.

I'm planning on taking it easy and resting for most of the weekend. Anyone have anything exciting planned?
Erin & Cory
So fortunate to have twin boys from IVF #1
Thinking of the embabies we have on ice.

January 13- CD 1
March 2- ER, 10 mature eggs retrieved
March 3- 9 out of the 10 fertilized!
March 7- Transfered 2 perfect blasts and froze 6.
March 23- Beta Day- 5500!!
April 7- 1st ultrasound- TWINS!
May 12- NT scan- both babies looking good
July 11- 20 week scan- two perfect looking boys 15oz each; cervix 4.5cm
August 3- 24 week scan- both boys looking good, weighing in at 1lb8oz each
September 1- 28 week scan- I have two big, active boys- Baby A 2lbs10oz, Baby B 2lbs15oz
October 10- Nathan & Brayden are here! Arrived safe and sound at 33w5d

#82 jazzie

jazzie
  • Cyclebase
  • 288 posts

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:03 PM

Happy Friday. and thanks on wishing that my nausea goes away.

I'm still feeling awful. It comes and it goes. I hope it goes away soon, permanently. My ultrasound is on Monday at 1pm and am pretty nervous about it. Nervous about seeing multiples, nervous that they split, nervous about seeing not hearing a heartbeat, nervous about it being ectopic and the list goes on. I'm such a worrier!! I am trying to be positive but it is difficult when I feel so sick. So far the only people who know about my pregnancy are DH, my mom and sister. My boss has no idea about anything yet but I may tell him after the U/S especially if I still feel the way I do.

Flavah! Congrats one see not one but TWO little ones!!! You must be over the moon.

MacReady - Amazing beta!! Happy to see on you this thread too! :)

Lake - there is always a countdown for something isn't there? lol And unwanted comments are so irritating especially when they are of no value. I hope you were able to come up with a witty response.

Welcome hoping_2011!! Try not to focus too much on the actual numbers...your beta number do look great though!!

Me-37 DH-55 (current)

Dx: Male Factor (VR 1/2009 with LSC and poor motility/morphology)

TTC #1 - IVF #1  2011 (see About Me page for more info)

TTC #2: 

Jan 7/2013 - Positive pregnancy test - NATURAL!!

Jan 19/2013 - Miscarriage...bye bye baby xo 

Months of trying and no luck....back to the fert clinic

IVF #2 :

Protocol:  Estridot Patch protocol/Antagonist

Aug 28/2013 - First appt scheduled with OFC....beginning of another journey.

Oct 22/2013 - Block tubes confirmed day 3 ovarian reserve ultrasound showed 12, like to see it at 15. Here we go with IVF #2.  Roughly plan to cycle in Jan 2014

Nov 13/2013 - Consent meeting: patch protocol assigned! Now the wait from the nurse to officially schedule me in.  Cell phone is glued to me...

Dec 11/2013 - Call in Day 1

Dec 21/2013 - Call in postive LH surge

Dec 23/2013 - Meeting with nurse - pick up meds!

Dec 31/2013 - Start Estradot patch every 2 days until next Day 1

Jan 1/2014 - Begin Cetrotide injections for 3 days

Jan 5/2014 - Call in Day 1 again!

Jan 6/2014 - Began stimming!! It's on!  400 Gonal-F & 75 Luveris & 0.5 Dexamethasone

Jan 15/2014 - BW and U/S RE said one more day of stimming believe it or not, then trigger tomorrow!  ET will still happen. smile.png

Jan 16/2014 - Trigger time!

Jan 18/2014 - ER - 18 eggs!!!! Started Endometrin.

Jan 19/2014 - Fert report:  12 mature, 10 fertilized (ICSI)- looking like a Day 5 transfer

Jan 23/2014 - BW and ET!  Transferred one B4AB blast, looks like only 1 will be frozen.  Prescribed estrace (2mg twice a day). Now 2WW.

Jan 25/2014 - Nursed called say 2 were frozen.  Amazed.

Jan 27/2014 - very very very faint evening BFP with FRER!

Jan 28/2014 - faint line again in the morning but darker than yesterday

Feb 4/2014 - Beta result:  529   Going back in for HCG blood test on Feb 6 to see if number is doubling

#83 flavah

flavah
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 07:50 AM

I can't wait to hear the rest of the u/s results this coming week gals!!
With all the multiples in here, I've created a thread in the multiples section for Nov 2011 if anyone wants to post in there too about their path to double mommyhood :)

Yay tmrw i'm officially 2 months pregnant! 2 people I know just announced it on fb, so they are a month ahead of me I can't wait to announce it to the world in april!

Lake - so Dr says that 9 weeks is the critically time for m/c? yikes, I hope I make it too then.
Feb 28 - BFP!
Mar 22 u/s - TWINS!
Aug 14 - hemorrhaged for 7th time and strong contractions appeared, water ended up breaking at 2am,
Aug 14 - M + K arrived via emergency c-section weighing 2 lbs and 2.4 lbs at 28w

Posted Image

#84 Jadzia

Jadzia
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

Hi!

I had my u/s yesterday. Everything is fine with our baby! Dr says the risk of m/c is lower than 5% with the stats we had, so that's really great!

BPM was 130. Measured at exactly 7w0d... which is exactly where I was yesterday.

Welcome hoping (and everyone I missed)! Your beta increase is really good, as they want it to at least double every 2 days in the early weeks. So I wouldn't worry about it, you are doing fine!

I'll start telling pretty much everyone quite soon. My boss already knew I was on IVF (I refused to go to India for that reason!), and I'm too happy to be pregnant to be able not to tell people.

Have a nice day everyone!
TTC since 2006

First tests 2007: everything normal, keep TTC!

Second test 2010: Male & Female Dx

IVF#1 - Nov 2010
16 eggs, 8 matures, 5 fertilized
ET 2 embryos (none to freeze) on D3
BFN november 12

IVF#2
02/05/11 : Start on Puregon
02/18/11: ER 8 eggs, all mature, 7 fertilized
02/23/11: ET 2 embryos (1 remaining for freeze)
03/05/11: HPT positive!
03/07/11: Beta HCG 275 BFP
03/25/11: 1st U/S : We have 1 baby!

#85 Navy

Navy
  • 25 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Multiple

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:51 AM

Jadzia, congratulations!!!!!! isn't it an amazing experience to see heart flickering?!

hopeful2010, Born2B, LuckyLady, sweetestdream - Best of Luck with your u/s next week!!!

Seems that most of you gals are having MS - I do not have any symptoms whatsoever...zero!!!! and I am 8w1d... I know that it is quite normal not to have any, but it is such a weird feeling to know that there is a new life growing inside me and not to be able to feel anything!!!! I try not to stress too much about lack of symptoms....just take one day at a time...2nd u/s is only Apr 21 - feels like an eternity!!!!!!

Here is our updated list:

Strawberry/Age 34
1 us March 16 – 4 embryos implanted
next u/s March 26/27 –

Sweetheart/Age 42
1 us March 14 – Any news???? Hoping everything is OK!!!

Lake/
1 us March 18 – 2 embryos implanted
next u/s

Navy/Age 44
1 us March 18 – 1 embryo implanted Measures 9 mm (7w2d) with BPM 134
next u/s Apr 21 (NT scan 12 w)

fruitofthewomb/Age 32
1us March 21 – 1 embryo implanted with BPM 154

Flavah/
1 us March 22 - 2 embryos implanted both with BPM 154

Jadzia/Age 32
1 us March 25 - 1 embryo implanted Measures 7w0d with BPM 130

hopeful2010/Age 35
1 us March 28

Born2B/
1 us March 30

LuckyLady/Age 28
1 us March 30

sweetestdream/Age 28
1 us March 31

Erin_G/Age 29
1 us April 7

hoping_2011/
1 us April 7

MacReady/Age 35
1 us April 13

suzy1/
1 us - ???

#86 flavah

flavah
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:33 PM

Navy I'm with you! I haven't had any MS at all! I read in my pregnancy book that so far we are in the lucky 20% who don't get any. I'm knocking on wood I never get any!
Feb 28 - BFP!
Mar 22 u/s - TWINS!

Posted Image

#87 fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi ladies,

Wow! So many multiples on this thread! Congrats to all the twin mommies and of course congrats to all my fellow singleton mommies.

I have been feeling amazingly good, similar to Navy and flavah (though I feel a bit guilty admitting it when many people are having terrible morning sickness). Really no symptoms other than being hungry all the time! (And I mean all the time-my family thinks it is hilarious, b/c I have always had a tiny appetite.) So I was soooo happy to see and hear my little jelly bean on the ultrasound. It made it feel much more real. I felt very similar to you Navy-I was totally stressing about my lack of symptoms! :)

I have told a few people. Immediate family of course and my two closest friends. But I can't WAIT to tell everyone. It's driving me crazy actually. I guess I will have six whole months of people knowing though. :)
Details in the About Me section

#88 LuckyLady

LuckyLady
  • 74 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:16 PM

Congratulations to all the ladies who saw their little ones for the first time this week! It's so great to hear good news day after day!

The weekend is almost over... that means the week of my u/s is coming up! Only 4 more sleeps! I haven't been feeling very well. My nausea is very bad in the afternoons and evenings. I spent Thursday night on the living room floor! I could not get relief anywhere! I have started to feel some stretching. I remember feeling this with my DD but not this early. I think I read someone else was having the same experience??

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the weekend! We started the weekend with a snow storm on Friday, hopefully that is the last one!
Me 29, DH 31

Dec./2006Natural PG M/C at 6 weeks
Mar./2007Natural PG M/C at 8 weeks
Oct./2008Frist IUI but cancelled/Emerg Gallbladder Surgery
Dec./2008Second IUI/BFN
Found out from Sperm Analysis Male Factor/Referred to CRF
Jan./2009Got the call for IVF
Mar./2009Natural PG/MC 5 weeks
Apr. 30/2009
ER-33 eggs! Almost didn't transfer due to signs of OHSS
May 2/2009Transferred 2 embroys/17 Frozen
May 18/2009BFP!! Beta count 127 EDD Jan. 21/2010
Jan.1/2010Our beautiful baby girl was born!
Oct./2010Called Calgary to start process for FET
Jan./2011Got the call and started sniffing on Jan. 21
Feb. 25/2011Transferred 2 frosties (One four cell/one five cell)
15 left on ice
Mar. 10/2010 Beta Count 437 BFP
Mar. 30th One bean perfect size, perfect heart rate but small sac
Apr. 10/2011 D&C There wasn't a heart beat
July 26/2011 FET - 2 frosties
Aug. 31/2011 Frist U/S - One little bean! Everything looks great!

#89 strawberry

strawberry
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts
  • My Clinic:Lifequest

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Hi ladies,
Went for my second u/s this morning and ALL FOUR are thriving! I'm in shock! The 2 weaker ones have caught up and all have good heartbeats. Dr. informed me that there are 2 doctors in my area who perform the selective reduction and it's done at around 12-13 weeks. Now that I know all 4 are growing and doing well, it's hard to even think about the reduction. Emotional attchement is a hard thing to ignore! Dr. made it very clear that keeping all 4 is not an option (in his opinion). We got a print out of the u/s and it somehow made it feel more real. Strangely, I'm not having any m/s or nausea and like others have said, I feel awfully guilty for being one of the lucky ones. I don't feel much different than when I was pregnant with DD.
Anyway, I hope all of you are doing well! Flavah, I'm going to wait before joining your multiples thread because I really don't feel like I fit in anywhere! Navy, as always, thanks for updating, love it!
Grce
Me - 37 DH - 38
TTC for 2 years
IUI #1 natural cycle May 2008 BFN
IUI #2 Clomid cycle June 2008 BFN
IUI #3 Puregon cycle July 2008 BFP!!!
Abigail was born April 24, 2009

Here we go again!
IUI #4 Puregon cycle February 2011 BFP!!! Soooooo thankful, what a gift.
Beta #1 - 703 16dpiui
Beta #2 - 3710 20dpiui
Beta #3 - 10800 23dpiui
First u/s - Quadruplets!
May 5 - S/R - now down to twins
June 17 - Anatomy scan - 1 boy & 1 girl!
Twins born October 25, 2011 - Rowen 6lbs & Juniper 6.11 lbs

July 2012 Surprise natural pregnancy
Miscarriage August 2012 - our angel is now in heaven with our baby C and baby D

September 2012 Second natural pregnancy - another angel baby

October 2013 Starting our surrogate journey for my brother & SIL
FET Dec 11 - BFN

#90 flavah

flavah
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

Morning ladies! And how is everyone doing this week? I've finally reached another month milestone woohoo! only 7 more months to go from here.

strawberry hang in there. I am confident that whatever decision you make will be the right one for you and your family. *hug*
Feb 28 - BFP!
Mar 22 u/s - TWINS!

Posted Image

#91 suzy1

suzy1
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:19 PM

Hi

It took me so long to get back on forum as I couldn't remember my password. (such a bad memory lately.) Happy to see everyone doing so well. Navy - noticed you've been waiting for my updates - I'm 41, from Vancouver and my 1st ultrasound is April 4th. You do a fantastic job organizing everything. Will be keeping an eye on all the updates. :)

#92 suzy1

suzy1
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:20 PM

P.S. I'm 6w4d today and still can't believe I'm pregnant!

#93 Erin_G

Erin_G
  • Cyclebase
  • 443 posts
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

strawberry: I can't believe all 4 are still going strong! I'm sure the decision to do a reduction isn't an easy one and I'm sending you tonnes of good vibes for whatever you decide to do.

I think I'll offically be joining the group with MS. I've been trying not to admit it and I think the best is still yet to come but I just feel yucky almost constantly. I haven't thrown up yet but I've come pretty close. Whoever decided to make prenatal vitamins so big had a cruel sense of humour! My biggest issue right now is extreme exhaustion. I was only awake for about 7 hours on Saturday!

Other than that, I bought maternity jeans today. It felt really funny but I'm totally needing them because my real jeans don't work well with my bella band. I just hope I didn't jinx things.
Erin & Cory
So fortunate to have twin boys from IVF #1
Thinking of the embabies we have on ice.

January 13- CD 1
March 2- ER, 10 mature eggs retrieved
March 3- 9 out of the 10 fertilized!
March 7- Transfered 2 perfect blasts and froze 6.
March 23- Beta Day- 5500!!
April 7- 1st ultrasound- TWINS!
May 12- NT scan- both babies looking good
July 11- 20 week scan- two perfect looking boys 15oz each; cervix 4.5cm
August 3- 24 week scan- both boys looking good, weighing in at 1lb8oz each
September 1- 28 week scan- I have two big, active boys- Baby A 2lbs10oz, Baby B 2lbs15oz
October 10- Nathan & Brayden are here! Arrived safe and sound at 33w5d

#94 Karolinasmommy

Karolinasmommy
  • Cyclebase
  • 1101 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hey Erin,
I completely understand the exhaustion. I too was only awake a total of 10 hours this weekend, I slept the entire weekend away.
It is much needed. I am ready for bed right now, so I think I am going to go to bed at 8:30 to get a good night sleep.

Just like you, I don't want to admit MS. I have been feeling irky...and had a few dry heaves, but no vomitting. I hope it never truly comes, but as I start my sixth week tomorrow, I am expecting it to get worse as the next few weeks go on.

I am excited for my u/s on Thursday...so excited and nervous!!!!

I get cramps on and off...anyone else get this? Feels sorta like AF, but no spotting. So, I am chalking it up to growth pains.

I will be heading to maternity clothes soon, as none of my jeans are fitting these days. The bella band is working well for work, and for some jeans, but it is starting to get a little tight with some of them.

I will be happier in larger clothes I think.

Anyway, I will update everyone after my u/s!!

D
IVF #1
Loss @ 11 weeks (vanishing twin)👼
Loss @ 24 weeks due to pprom (Karolina)👼
Birth of Son #1 in 2014 🌈
Birth of Son #2 in 2016 🌈

May all your dreams come true in ways you least expect it❤️

#95 Lake

Lake
  • 61 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hi ladies! Sounds like a lot of us are experiencing the nausea and extreme exhaustion, myself included. All I feel like doing is sleeping or lying around. I've been forcing myself to go for walks outside and even around the mall sometimes and I admit it does make me feel better afterwards. I'm thinking about getting into some prenatal yoga once the tiredness starts to go away a bit. On the days I don't work, I've been waking up throughout the night to pee and then waking around 6 or 7 to eat and read for a bit and then going back to sleep until 10-11. Also been falling asleep for about an hour around 4-5pm. I'm doing three shifts of homecare a week, mostly nights which are a lot more slack than days and I already can't wait to go on maternity leave! Haven't told my employer yet but I'm starting to bust out of my pants so I might have to sooner than later. Been wearing mostly lulu pants and baggy tops and I bought a pair of maternity jeans that were well worth the money. Can't wait til I get some energy back, hopefully soon. I told DH he is my personal butler for the next nine months lol, he didn't think it was funny!
Feb 15/11 First IVF/ICSI-2 embryos transferred 4AA/4BB 5dt
Feb 23 HPT- BFP
Feb 28- Beta #1 617
Mar 7- Beta #2 10,574
Mar 18- First u/s TWINS!!!!

#96 fruitofthewomb

fruitofthewomb
  • 37 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:09 PM

Hello all,

Glad to hear everyone is doing well. Also good to hear that others are starting to buy bella bands and maternity pants! I thought there was something wrong with me b/c I have already developed a tiny bump and it is definitely difficult to button my pants.

Sweetestdream-I had the mild cramps too. Scarily they feel just like period cramps don't they? But as my DH so eloquently put it "How else are uterine cramps supposed to feel?" :) They have mostly gone away for now, but come back every once and awhile. After the first day I stopped panicking so much!

suzy1-Welcome to a fellow West Coast gal! Are you at PCRM/Genesis/UBC? Congrats on your BFP and good luck at your first ultrasound! It is hard to believe isn't it? It'll take awhile. Though as soon as you see that heartbeat fluttering away, it'll feel so real!

Strawberry-wow! Can't believe four are going strong. Good luck with whatever decision you and your DH decide on. I can't imagine having to make that decision.

As for me, I am in Palm Springs for a few more days. Oh how I love being a teacher and having Spring Break! Then I get to see my little jellybean again on Friday, as I have my first OBGYN appointment.

Oh, in case you want to add more details to your awesome list Navy, I am from Vancouver. Thanks so much for keeping everyone organized!
Details in the About Me section

#97 MacReady

MacReady
  • Global 100+
  • 614 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

strawberry - your story amazes me! I can only imagine what a tough decision you're facing. Wishing you all the best no matter what you decide! Wonderful that you're feeling good!

Interesting to see many using bella bands - do you find they work well? I'm not feeling an immediate need for one but last time I was due in January so I really only needed a fall/winter maternity wardrobe. I've been thinking a bella band would be a good way to expand my spring/summer wardrobe this time around. Has anyone tried the Motherhood Maternity equivalent? Maternity clothes are awesome! When else do you have an excuse to get a complete wardrobe overhaul - and I seriously think that maternity pants should be more mainstream. Will be digging out my maternity jeans early this time! :-)

I'm actually feeling pretty good - well, besides this cold I came down with this weekend! I've been really focused on eating well and regularly so I think that's helping with that 'empty' feeling I was getting. I was thinking it was sign of nausea being just around the corner but so far so good. Definately more tired than normal but now that the weather is getting nice I'm anxious to get out and get active. I asked my doc yesterday if I could run, I was running up until the new year but stopped b/c of the weather and cycling. Nothing major, just slow pace for anywhere from 30-60min. She said it was fine but I'm not sure.... might just walk instead. Getting out for walks after work really helped my energy level last time. Anyone have any good prenatal workout video's to recommend?

Hope you all have a great week! Looking forward to hearing about all the u/s!! I had to switch my u/s appt to the 14th and will have another one after that between 11-13 wks b/c I'm over 35. Can't wait!
TTC since May '06
NO-Azoospermia (SCO)
1st Attempt
1st dIUI: Mar '08, BFN
2nd COH/dIUI: May '08,BFP!!
Beta 16dpiui 489, 22dpiui 4471
Our sweet baby girl arrived Jan 14, 2009!
2nd Attempt
IVF #1 Feb/Mar 2011, BFP!! m/c at 12wks :-(
IVF #2 Jan/Feb 2012 - BFP!! Beta 113... f/u beta and u/s confirm blighted ovum, m/c @8wks :-(
TDI Feb/2013, BFN
TDI Apr/2013, BFN

Moving on...

#98 flavah

flavah
  • Global 100+
  • 383 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:17 AM

second u/s this afternoon will make sure to update you ladies!
Feb 28 - BFP!
Mar 22 u/s - TWINS!

Posted Image

#99 Jadzia

Jadzia
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hi!

Strawberry : I wish you everything will go well! It's nice that you are feeling fine (don't feel guilty about it!!!)

Flavah : I can't wait to have news from your second u/s!

MacReady : all training, fitness and health pregnancy site I saw are very clear about any cardio exercice (including running): it is totally fine as long as :
- You run at a pace where you are still able to have a conversation
- It's not too hot outside (this time of year, you are fine!)

The limit is simply because you don't want to overheat yourself, which can be bad for the baby. During the first trimester, you can use the same work-out you used before (after you have to ban exercices where you lie down on your back, and might want to go to low impact). So feel free to run if you like it!

AFM: On the plus side, I haven't had nausea the past 2-3 days... because now I have heartburns. Really bad ones, from pretty much the first thing I eat to the time I get to sleep (at least it doesn't wake me up so far!). I'm in the process of eliminating all food that can trigger heartburns. Anyone has that? Pretty much all doctors and pharmacists seem to think you can take antiacid, but they really don't agree which one! One of my friend was told to take Rolaids (and only that), the other that Gaviscon was the best/safest... the pharmacist I saw today said only Tums were safe. They might be, but they didn't help much :wacko:

I give it 2-3 days and then I'll have to see a Dr. I'm in between 2 right now (OFC is referring me to an OB, but I haven't heard from them), so I'll probably have to go see someone else in the meantime!

Went to try to buy some maternity jeans, but they were all too big or too small at the thighs! Will have to go see the other chain to see if the fit is better! Or maybe try the bellaband (that could be a great idea)!

Other than that I'm great!
TTC since 2006

First tests 2007: everything normal, keep TTC!

Second test 2010: Male & Female Dx

IVF#1 - Nov 2010
16 eggs, 8 matures, 5 fertilized
ET 2 embryos (none to freeze) on D3
BFN november 12

IVF#2
02/05/11 : Start on Puregon
02/18/11: ER 8 eggs, all mature, 7 fertilized
02/23/11: ET 2 embryos (1 remaining for freeze)
03/05/11: HPT positive!
03/07/11: Beta HCG 275 BFP
03/25/11: 1st U/S : We have 1 baby!

#100 strawberry

strawberry
  • Global 100+
  • 285 posts
  • My Clinic:Lifequest

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:04 PM

MacReady - I have the motherhood maternity version of the bella band which is called the tummy sleeve, it's the same thing. It didn't even occur to me to use mine yet, until I saw some of you mentioning it. My tummy is definetly starting to look a bit pudgy and it's not good! Reitman's has a line of pants called comfort fit and basically it's like a maternity pant. No zippers, no buttons, just a band that goes across, they're pretty comfortable, I have 3 pairs! Not a substitute for mat pants but post-pregnancy, I found them really great.

AFM, I'm becoming more and more comfortable with the idea of reduction. After talking to a couple of close friends I've realized I have to look past the pregnancy part of this. Even if I could make it through a quad or triplet pregnancy, I think I could only manage twins at the most, in terms of raising them. I just don't have enough hands, or enough help. The 2 people I know of, who've had triplets have so much help, pretty much daily. Anyway, I know I don't have to explain myself here, just still trying to figure things out. I just love how IF has put me through so many interesting experiences!

Grace
Me - 37 DH - 38
TTC for 2 years
IUI #1 natural cycle May 2008 BFN
IUI #2 Clomid cycle June 2008 BFN
IUI #3 Puregon cycle July 2008 BFP!!!
Abigail was born April 24, 2009

Here we go again!
IUI #4 Puregon cycle February 2011 BFP!!! Soooooo thankful, what a gift.
Beta #1 - 703 16dpiui
Beta #2 - 3710 20dpiui
Beta #3 - 10800 23dpiui
First u/s - Quadruplets!
May 5 - S/R - now down to twins
June 17 - Anatomy scan - 1 boy & 1 girl!
Twins born October 25, 2011 - Rowen 6lbs & Juniper 6.11 lbs

July 2012 Surprise natural pregnancy
Miscarriage August 2012 - our angel is now in heaven with our baby C and baby D

September 2012 Second natural pregnancy - another angel baby

October 2013 Starting our surrogate journey for my brother & SIL
FET Dec 11 - BFN