Plastic Surgery

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SangrealMazimur

SangrealMazimur

The Pincushion

• Global 100+
  • 969 posts
  • Interests:sometimes knitter, gamer girl, love to read, movies of almost all kinds
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:TCART

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:32 PM

Ok so when I was born, I had muscle and nerve damage on the right side of my face (not palsy as some people ask, and others just look and go "Hey! Did you know your face is assymetrical...no shit Sherlock).

It bothered me as a child as I drooled out the right side of my mouth. I kinda got over it for the most part..but...

Now (as you can kind of tell by my picture), as I lost weight, it is becoming more noticeable in that once side of my chin is getting firmer, but the other side where I have the damage, is showing still double chin.

For a few years now I have debated getting plastic surgery to just fix my chin...leave my lopsided smile...but even out my chin...but I am scared of the cost and what it would look like (my bone structure isn't the same on the right side..it's higher a bit).

Has anyone had facial reconstruction? What was it like? How expensive was it?

I hate feeling like this is a vanity thing because I am not a vain person....but it bugs me.

Me: 33 DH: 39
TTC: Since Valentine's day 2008
Fur Friends: Spirit , Shadow
DH and I have been together since I was 19

When we get pregnant it will be the first baby on
each side.

First IVF: Jan 2009
Protocol: Suprefact, Marvelon, Puregon, Menopur
ET: Jan 31, BETA test Feb 12 BFN
FET#1 BETA first was 53 second was 0 05/07/2010 BFN
FET#2 September 2010 -ET Sept 9 3-3day 4cell, 5cell hatched, 8cell. BETA#1 71.6 11DP3DT. m/c at 6weeks. Poor Chuck Norris and Jean Claude Van Dam...they put up a good fight.

IVF #2 April/May 2011 Suprefact, Pregon, Low Dose HCG. ER estimated for May 12/, transfered 1 beautiful blast and 1 nearly blast on May 17th. On .5 HCG every 3 days. None to freeze. Beta May 31 BFN. Sky and Walker continue to resist the Dark Side

IVF#3
April/May 2013 Superfact .2, Puregon 200 upped to 250, Menupur 75, HCG trigger, progesterone support, intra-lipids. 26 retrieved, 17 mature, 15 blasts (1)3AA- (14)4AD-4AA, 2 transferred on our 7th wedding anniversary. Beta: June 10th, 5 days before my birthday.

BFP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at 1,111 second beta over 2,300. First u/s shows one bean just  day behind. Heart was fluttering away. Also showed a 2cm SCH. Not concerned, but told to take it easy. Continue with intra-lipids until week 22.banana.gif second u/s shows SCH is smaller. H/b at 142bpm. Third u/s shows tracking right on time, SCH gone and h/b at 166 bpm

Bruce Anthony Scott was born January 23, 2014 at 8:45am weighting 8 pound, 9 ounces and 21 inches long. Our hearts are bursting with love. babyboy.gif 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

#2 HugsALot

HugsALot
  • 533 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:47 PM

Hey honey, I don't have any experience with plastic surgery. I wanted to say that I don't think it's vain at all for you to want to feel better about yourself.

Good luck with whatever you decide!
xox
  • leigh14 likes this

#3 gibasgirl

gibasgirl
  • Site Admin
  • 13147 posts
  • Interests:I like many things, music (all kinds), tennis, photography, and languages to name a few. Ok, interior and industrial design, opera, and TV. Yes, TV, there are just so many darn good TV shows on the air. Ugh, it's hard to resist.
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:38 PM

Darling,

You are beautiful in my eyes and we've also met in person. Although this is not about how the world sees you, it's about getting your inner self to match your outer self and perhaps more.

I've no experience here, but I stopped by to send you some good vibes and wish you the best.

Cheers!

Zan
  • leigh14 likes this

#4 BrandyM

BrandyM
  • Global 100+
  • 586 posts
  • Interests:Spending time with our beautiful daughter, walking our dogs, reading, scrapbooking, travel and horse back riding :)
  • My Clinic:Children's Bridge

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:13 PM

No experience here, but just well wishes and advice for you to do what makes you feel your best!! I want breast implants someday and hopefully will be able to afford them. If your doing it for you, and it makes you feel better and more confident thats all that matters :)

Me: 29
DH: 30
8 years TTC
3 rounds of IUI and nothing

May 2011 Started our adoption paperwork
Dec. 2011- Officially matched to adopt domestically biggrin.png
Jan. 19th 2012- Beautiful baby Brooklyn was born! Love at first sight biggrin.png

Sept. 2013- Back on the list to adopt domestically!!! (waiting patiently, haha, or not!)

Aug. 3rd 2016- Our darling little Inuk baby Bristol was born Emoticons01015.gif

#5 DiXie

DiXie
  • 1000+
  • 1140 posts
  • Interests:photography & reading

Posted 03 November 2010 - 08:11 AM

SM no experience there but I just wanted to butt in and say that you shold weight your option and start reasreaching a good plastic surgeon, go in for a consultation, hear them out, what their plan would be and ask any questions you have, and then make a decision.
It's really hard for someone to tell you what they went through when they had a nose job while you are are going through a much bigger of a deal...

I am sure these surgeons do free consulatations...

Good luck!!

#6 LesleyM

LesleyM
  • Global 100+
  • 268 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic - Calgary

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:11 PM

If it's going to make you feel better, than go ahead with it, I believe that we are our own worst enemies and whatever you can do that can help you out is beneficial.

You should make an appointment with your family dr and ask for a referral to a plastic surgeon, they are probably the best person to steer you in the proper direction. This is the process my sister and friend used for nose jobs.

All the best to you!
Me 33 DH 32
DX: Septate Uterus
1st MC: Oct 2008
2nd MC: May 2009
3rd MC: July 2013

Baby Boy Scott welcomed into this world on July 30, 2010