Photo
- - - - -

Feedback on One fertility

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Having a Baby, and starting my own family!
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:One Fertility

Posted 13 October 2010 - 09:23 AM

I'm currently going to Astra fertility in Milton and I'm not happy with their services and staff.
Any positive feedback on One fertility and their staff is much appreciated.

We are looking for a fertility clinic to do our first IVF

Thank you
  • Loopy likes this

#2 BabyVibez

BabyVibez
  • Global 100+
  • 878 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:ONE

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:13 AM

ONE is fantastic!
There is a couple of forum threads about them.
Which Dr are you reffered to? That will help with my reference for you
Dx: Me PCOS, DH Azoospermia TTC since 2003 1st ATTEMPT: CRC Feb 28/09 - ER & MicroTESE: 31 eggs retreived Next day - 21 eggs were mature & Donor ICSI'd - 17 fertilized!! March 5/09 - ET: 1 grade 4AA blast...7dp5dt AF arrived and brought with her OHSS BETA:BFN 2nd ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility August 15/09 - FET: 1x 4AA Blast BETA:BFN 3rd ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility Sept 18/09 - FET: Assisted Hatching on 1 Morula & 1 8cell compacting. BETA:BFN 4th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility March 10 2010 - FET 2 blasts BETA:BFN 5th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility April: 4 Serial Endometrial Biopsys. May 31 FET 2 Blast 4AB & 2CC. Beta: 11dpt = 65, 13dpt = 194, 15dpt = 613, 19dpt = 2512, 21dpt=4377 U/S June 29 - Measuing 6w2d heart rate 126 bpm U/S July 12 - Measuring 8w4d heart rate 172 bpm U/S July 27 - Measuring 9w4d heart rate 176 bpm U/S September 29 - Measuring 20w1d 145bpm WE HAD A BOY! 6th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility Oct 14 2012 - CD1 CD6 - in-cycle biopsy (to increase lining 'stickiness') CD10 - lining check 14mm Oct 29 - FET 1 2CC blast BFN May 2013 - FET cancelled at CD10 for polyp. Sono after AF revealed polyp gone. 7th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility Aug 1 2013 - FET AH on 1 morula and 1 7cell grade 4A embryo (lost 2 others in the thaw) 1 Frosty Left!

#3 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:43 AM

Great to hear Baby Vibez and congrats on your pregnancy, that sure gives me hope.

I'm just finishing my IUI cycle at Astra this month and then we are transferring over next month, do you have any suggestions on which doctor I should book with?

#4 BabyVibez

BabyVibez
  • Global 100+
  • 878 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

I am with Dr Hughes. He is delightful. Great bedside manner, great sense of humour, very flexible with treatment options etc etc. That being said.... no matter who your assigned Dr is, when you cycle, you deal with whomever is on at the time. I have had 5 cycles at ONE and Dr Hughes has only done one of my transfers. All of the Dr's are great for different reasons. If I had to give advice on one to avoide, I would say Dr Amin. She is a fabulous Dr but, has a 'different' bedside manner than the rest. She talks really fast and always seems like she has one foot out the door when you meet with her. I wanted a little hand holding and comfort from my Dr and found that in everyone except her. That said, she was my sister-in-laws Dr and they got preggers on their very first IUI.

I would advise you to keep a good record of each of your appointments and what was said just for your own peace of mind. There are a lot of staff blitzing around in there all the time. I found it much more efficient to be calling and speaking direct quotes from my records when i needed advice. Ohh.... and a good thing about ONE is 99% of the time when you call the nurses line YOU GET A LIVE PERSON!. I was always super impressed with that.

I will admit, the front desk ladies are less than organized. I am not sure it is their fault though. They are pretty far removed from the action of the clinic. Make sure when you get your consult apt that they give you all the paper work you need then, so you dont have to come back for it. That happened to us a hundred times. Also, they always gave us the bill for our cycles weeks before they happened. Don't worry - you dont have to pay for them then. Just take the invoice and add it to your records. You dont have to pay until everything is a go. In our FET cycles they gave us the bill on day 3 and I was like - we dont even know if it's going to happen until after day 10 and even then... not until after the thaw and there is something viable to transfer! I am not so sure the front desk ladies have any medical training in this field... which is fine as long as you know that and dont expect any advice medically from them. LOL

Another good thing about the clinic is that they have a pharmamcy with all the meds they prescribe on site so you can always leave with a nice big bag of goodies. That said - the clinic's pharmacy is really a sister pharmacy to the West End Pharmacy in Hamilton. Payment will be taken from your credit card whenever they have a chance to run things through. We got cought a few times thinking they had run it through and then spending from the card on other things only to find we screwed ourselves and got an NSF charge. Best to have a 'fertitily' credit card for the time being so this doesnt happen to you too. It was super annoying. Sometimes it would be well past a 2 weeks before they ran the VISA.

The lab line in the am is usually pretty good. I usually waited closer to the 9am time to go in and the line seemed pretty short. You have to get your blood work done before 9:30 to get the results back that day. The lab opens at 7:30am I think and it is first come, first serve. Ultrasound is a different story. I have waited up to an hour past a booked appointment time to see them. Sometimes it just get ridiculously busy. I also think they were down a u/s tech when I was last in because they seemed to be only running out of one room. Your lab results will come back anywhere between 11am and 3pm. I banked on just after 1pm when the ladies came back from lunch most times.

Your transfers will be between 10am and 12. This is also the time that they have any of thier clients in that have BFPs. Be prepared to see little kids in the wait room at this time as well as some little baby bellies forming. I made myself see it as hope, because I wanted to get into my transfer with a positive attitude. Other than that, I only ever saw kids in the wait room a couple of times. People seem to be pretty respectful of that. I like that the clinic makes an effort in this manner.

Anyways - I hope that helps. If you have any specific questions ask away!
  • Loopy and Heartbeat like this
Dx: Me PCOS, DH Azoospermia TTC since 2003 1st ATTEMPT: CRC Feb 28/09 - ER & MicroTESE: 31 eggs retreived Next day - 21 eggs were mature & Donor ICSI'd - 17 fertilized!! March 5/09 - ET: 1 grade 4AA blast...7dp5dt AF arrived and brought with her OHSS BETA:BFN 2nd ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility August 15/09 - FET: 1x 4AA Blast BETA:BFN 3rd ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility Sept 18/09 - FET: Assisted Hatching on 1 Morula & 1 8cell compacting. BETA:BFN 4th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility March 10 2010 - FET 2 blasts BETA:BFN 5th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility April: 4 Serial Endometrial Biopsys. May 31 FET 2 Blast 4AB & 2CC. Beta: 11dpt = 65, 13dpt = 194, 15dpt = 613, 19dpt = 2512, 21dpt=4377 U/S June 29 - Measuing 6w2d heart rate 126 bpm U/S July 12 - Measuring 8w4d heart rate 172 bpm U/S July 27 - Measuring 9w4d heart rate 176 bpm U/S September 29 - Measuring 20w1d 145bpm WE HAD A BOY! 6th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility Oct 14 2012 - CD1 CD6 - in-cycle biopsy (to increase lining 'stickiness') CD10 - lining check 14mm Oct 29 - FET 1 2CC blast BFN May 2013 - FET cancelled at CD10 for polyp. Sono after AF revealed polyp gone. 7th ATTEMPT: ONE Fertility Aug 1 2013 - FET AH on 1 morula and 1 7cell grade 4A embryo (lost 2 others in the thaw) 1 Frosty Left!

#5 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 12:24 PM

Thank You Thank You BabyVibez!!! I love this site and all of you on here.
You have answered many of my questions and are truly making this descion much more easier for me.
Just getting a nurse live on the phone is more than enough for me. I have to normally call Astra 5times in a day to get an answer.

I work right down the road from One fertility and live 10 minutes away so this will be so much easier on me and my nerves:)

I appreciate your advice and your time today for answering me

#6 WithHope

WithHope
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 15 October 2010 - 08:44 PM

Hey there Hope for a baby!!!
I also went to Astra!!! We did 6 iui with (Dr.Michael). When I was there I really liked the staff and Dr. Michael himself. However once I switched my husband and I noticed a big difference with One Fertility!! The clinic is run so differently for example (like BabyVidez) mentioned above 99% of the time u get a nurse on the phone happy to answer your questions!!! Which never happened at Astra. Another issues was we found dr. Michael was so relaxed when it came to treatments. He wouldn't do IVF on me because he said why jump into IVF?? When we came to One we were happy that  they really listen to there clients and consider what we want. 
Anyways just letting you know that One is amazing and you are making the a good choice by switching. 
My doctor was dr. Amin.  I did one IVF cycle and got pregnant.
All the best to you! 
TTC since September 2007
Referred to first clinic in June 2008
3 IUI’s on Clomid BFN
1 IUI on Injections BFN
Referred to second clinic in December 2008
March – June 2009- 3 IUI on Fermara BFN
Surgery in August 2009 Found Endometriosis
October – December – 3 IUI on Fermara BFN
March 2010 Referred to One Fertility
May 2010 1st IVF
June 8 ER a total of 14 follicles
ICSI fertilization a total of 9 made it
June 13 ET of a Grade 4AA embryo
1st Beta June 22 BFP- 288
2nd Beta June 24 BFP- 590
1st Ultrasound July 7-heartbeat was beating 118 beats!
2nd Ultrasound July 21- Heartbeat was beating 169 beats!
3rd Ultrasound Aug 3- Heartbeat was beating 175 beats!
Feb 17 2011- 10:26am Had a BABY BOY!!!!

#7 lindsayinport

lindsayinport
  • Cyclebase
  • 840 posts
  • My Clinic:ONE Fertililty

Posted 16 October 2010 - 08:05 PM

I also go/went to ONE. I loved it. Baby Vibez pretty much said it all, except the lab opens at 7 not 7:30, which was pretty much always running on time. Ultrasound was also on time that early (you can't get backed up when you're first in line, lol)

I also had Dr. Hughes, loved him, but it was Dr. Faghih that ultimately got us knocked up lol!!! Everyone is so great, you'll love it.

Good luck!
  • Branbran likes this

#8 Rookie37

Rookie37
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:ONE Fertility

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:17 AM

Looks like there isn't much else I can add.

I too LOVE the Dr's and nurses at ONE and have been very happy with them. With the exception of Dr Hughes (for some reason I've never met him), I have seen all of the REs there and they are amazing. My primary is Dr Amin and while she doesn't have that great of a reputation, I actually quite liked her. I'll admit, she doesn't 'beat around the bush' but I liked that about her. Personally, I need my Dr to be direct and not sugar coat things. I am considered a 'poor responder' because of my age and FSH level, but Dr Amin chose the right IVF protocol for me the FIRST time and I am now 9 1/2 weeks pregnant!

In any case, you'll be very happy with whichever Dr you get - they are all very helpful. Good luck!!
Me: 40, DH: 42. TTC #1 Jan 2009 with high FSH (13.1) and DOR.
3 IUIs (2 clomid, 1 Puregon) - all BFN
IVF #1: August 2010
Aug 15: started stims (Menopur 450) ER Aug 27: 8 retrieved, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. ET Aug 30: transferred 2 perfect embies! Froze 3. Sept 13 beta: 580, Sept 15 beta: 1186, Sept 29: first u/s, one perfect little bean! HB 134bpm. Apr 29, 2011: our beautiful baby girl was born 3 weeks early.
TTC#2: FET#1 Sept 3, 2012 - BFN. One frostie left. FET#2 Nov 2012 - BFN :( On to IVF #2 (FSH 12.5, AMH 1.4): Feb 2013
Feb 17: started stims (600 Menopur).

#9 lindsayinport

lindsayinport
  • Cyclebase
  • 840 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:27 AM

Congrats Rookie!!! I didn't know!!!
That is fantastic, keep us posted :)

#10 SunnyS

SunnyS
  • Global 100+
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:34 PM

I too had great success at One! I recently completed my first IVF, and it's a BFP! My primary is Dr. Amin, but the one who did both my ER and ET was Dr. Faghih too, and I really really liked her. I also like Dr. Hughes, but to be honest, it doesn't matter which doctor you go to, I love all the doctor's there, and the nurses...

I'm not the biggest fan of Diane though... seems a little brash and not sensitive at all.

Me: 33 DH: 35
Me: Lupus, low AFC during Lupus flare-ups, Hypothyroid
DH: mod. MFI

5 monitored Clomid cycles, 1 BFP (m/c 6w), 4 BFN's
4 Puregon IUI's, BFN

IVF#1
8/25 - start BCP's
9/8 - start Suprefact injections
9/16 - start Puregon and Micro-dose HCG
9/21 - first monitoring appt
9/29 - ER - 10 eggs, 9 mature
10/4 - 5dt of 1 4AA Blast
10/11 - BFP!!!
6/11 - Beautiful Baby Girl is born!!

FET#1
Hoping to start 9/12!!!
Sept 19 - CD 1 - Start Estrace
Sept 29 - Start Progesterone
Oct 4 - Trans 1 4BA Blast
Oct 10 - BFP on HPT!
Oct 11 - BFP on HPT digital!!

Oct 16 - 1st Beta - 1,020
Oct 18 - 2nd Beta - 2,372
Jan 28/13 - IT'S A GIRL! EDD 6/22/13

#11 WithHope

WithHope
  • 86 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 09:36 PM

Congrats Rookie37. That's wonderful news!
TTC since September 2007
3 IUI’s on Clomid BFN
1 IUI on Injections BFN
May 2010 1st IVF

#12 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:38 PM

WOW this amazing news! Thank you for all the success news:) I just had my IUI done this weekend at Astra truly hoping for the best. If it failed I'm transferring over to One to do IVF.

Thank You Ladies! I actually have smiled for the first time today:)

#13 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 07:41 PM

If you don't mind me asking how much is IVF at One?

#14 Loopy

Loopy
  • Cyclebase
  • 689 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:McMaster - CRC

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:32 PM

Here is a link to some of their fees.
One fertility

I haven't been a patient at their new clinic, but at the CRC, Dr. Karnis was my RE, but I also saw Dr. Amin and Hughes. Dr. Faghih is also the actual one that did my retrieval and transfer....Sounds like shes had a lot of success! Also I know the embryologist Mike Neal from my job, and he is a great guy with great skills and passion. I contribute the fertilization of the eggs to him!

I can't say about the new place, but I do know they have a history of appearing confused/unorganized at the front desk, and as far as paperwork goes. But I'd definitely overlook that given the other positives. Just make sure you know whats going on with your "file", and feel free to question them if needed.

Good luck!
DH - Failed Vasectomy Reversal - Feb 2007......Me - Diagnosed PCOS March 2008
IVF/ICSI - Retrieval Sept 27 2008, transfer Sept 30 2008
BFP!!! Due date June 21 2009
Feb 18 - It's confirmed...it's a girl and all went well with the ultrasounds! :)
June 24 2009 - Alexis Lynn born! 6 pounds 7oz at 7:25pm!
"Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will."
~ Dr. Robert Anthony

#15 BabyVibez

BabyVibez
  • Global 100+
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 10:50 PM

Oooooh I forgot about nurse Diane. Yes, she is definetly the 'rotten egg' of the bunch. She is full of knowledge and can be helpful when you call her on her attitude, but she is defiently not a hand holder or sugar coater. She does seem to be the most organized nurse though... so I often ask for her over the phone.

That being said, she has called my home and asked for a different name more than once (looking at the wrong file when I say hello I guess). I always make sure when she gives me results that she is 'sure' they are my results. She seems kind of annoyed... but come on! THE most important part of the process is the damn beta results!!!!!

I have found that if ever I mention to my Dr that one of the staff are being douchey - that by the next time I come in they are sweet as pie to me. He obviously follows through with speaking to his staff about being courtious and sensitive. I like that.
  • Loopy likes this

#16 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:19 PM

Thank You Loopy so much for this info:)

#17 DesignerBug

DesignerBug
  • 1000+
  • 2646 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

Also a former patient of Dr. Hughes and he was amazing. I was oddly sick for my first transfer and he kindly waited me out until I could hold down enough water for the u/s. He came in personally and wrapped me all cozy in a warm blanket while we waited for my bladder to fill.

Not to mention that eventually we even got pregnant!

D
TTC#1 April 2003 - Jan 2009
9 IUIs, 12 months Fermara, 4 months Clomid, 5 rounds of injectable, 1 LAP, 1 HSG, 2 Uterine Biopsies, 1 Postcoital, 1 IVF, 2 FETs... 2nd Fesh Cycle IVF - ++Beta 110!

TTC#2 - Dreams coming true... Surprise BFP Au Naturel! Never really started trying, but never gave up hope on dreams coming true. 20w2, after 6 days of strict bedrest, we lost our baby boy, Emmett to my incompetent cervix and he was born sleeping. 24cm long, 0.67lbs he was the most perfect little angel and has brought with him many lessons for us to remember him by.

Lightening strikes twice apparently>>>> May 24 ++HPT, Followed by ++Beta. Numbers are low, but doubling. EDD Feb1/2013 ~ Baby Boy arrived 5 weeks early in under 2hrs. Left me with 4th degree tears. 2 years later, still pending reconstructive surgery :( In that time hubby had a vasectomy. Never thought we'd have a chance to take fertility into our own hands

#18 lindsayinport

lindsayinport
  • Cyclebase
  • 840 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

I actually like Diane, she is firm, straight to the point and I have always had positive vibes, and felt as though she cared.

#19 burlingtonbabe

burlingtonbabe
  • Global 100+
  • 115 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility/Markham Fertility

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

I am a patient of Dr Hughes. What is annoying me most lately is all their residents. In the past few months I was asked if one could do my FET (which I said no, too much at stake!), one did my HSG, and then I had one for my endometrial biopsy and pap which turned out horrible, as he didn't know what a cervix after a leep looked like and assumed there was a problem without seeking another Dr opinion. The message he left for me absolutely petrified me, and resulted in a major breakdown. All for nothing, as I went to my family Dr and he was floored that this resident would think that anything was wrong, it's a normal cervix. Dr Hughes agreed once he took a look with his own eyes. That experience makes me wonder if the biopsy might have been done incorrectly as well. I will not allow any more residents, especially for procedures I am paying for. If they wanna do it for free fine, but not with my embryos and my $1000.

I think they must have a brand new nurse. When I went in for my lining check before FET, the US tech didn't write down the units of the thickness of my lining, and the nurse tried to tell me it was 1.1mm. I told her that was not possible, especially after 10 days on Estrace. I knew it wasn't right as they made the same mistake the month before, but I had to ask her three times to go and ask the tech what units she used on the report. Sure enough, it was 11 mm, or 1.1 cm. Then she started asking me all these general questions to fill in their form. Come on, read my frickin' file. I was really annoyed. At least she sensed that and Marlene took over.

While I do like the clinic alot, lately I have felt that if I wasn't on top of eveything something would go terribly wrong.

For those patients of Dr Hughes, has he ever done any of your procedures? I've had an IVF retrieval and now three FETs and he hasn't done one of them.
History:
Abnormal PAP (2003/2004, Leep biopsy May 2004)
Pregnancy #1 (2004/2005) - son, age 6.5, premature at 35 weeks (no cause known other than high bp)
Pregnancy #2 (March 2007) - M/C at 6 weeks
Known thyroid issue, on synthroid for >10 years, under control
No regular cycles since going off the pill in October 2004. Cycles vary 30-90 days.

Clinic #1
Diagnosis - maybe endo, maybe PCOS?? No definitive answers
Post-coital - normal
HSG - normal, no blocked tubes
No mention to me about fibroids, but records do show fibroids present.
Cycle 1 - clomid 50mg - day 5-9 Trigger on day 18, 2 follicles, PCT normal, BFN
Cycle 2 - clomid 50 mg - day 3-7, Trigger on day 17, 2 follicles, IUI x 2, HSG normal, BFN
Cycle 3 - clomid - bleeding before first ultrasound, cycle a bust
Cycle 4 - Puregon - IUI x 2 (no details)
Cycle 5 - Puregon - IUI x 2 (no details), BFN
Cycle 6 - Puregon - IUI x 2 (no details), BFN
Cycle 7 - Puregon - IUI x 2 (no details), BFN
Cycle 8 - Puregon - IUI x 2 (no details), BFN
-many follicles each cycles - up to 8 per cycle

Clinic #2
October 2009 Sono - multiple fibroids, largest approx 5.4 x 4.8cm, displaces endometrium slightly
Repeat all screening blood work, all normal
Recommended IVF

IVF#1 Puregon 175 Day 3-7, 100 Day 8-12, 19 eggs retrieved (left 4 behind), 17 ICSI'd, 13 fertilized, 6 frozen on Day 3 - 3x10cG4, 8cG4, 9cG4, 12cG4, remaining grown to blast at Day 5, froze 4 at Day 6 - 4AB, 4BB, 4CC, 3BC, transferred 1 blast 4BB, progesterone suppositories 200mg 2x/day, BFN (bleeding before beta)

FET#1 (July 2010) - Estrace 8mg/day for day 1-12, lining at 10 mm on day 12 start endometrin on day 12, 3x/day for 5 days, SET 3CC blast , BFN

September 2010 - endometrial biopsy (normal), sono - fibroids 5.9x5.1, 4.2x2.7, 4.9x3.8

FET#2 (October 2010) - Estrace 8mg/day for day 1-10, lining at 11 mm on day 10, start endometrin on day 10, 3x/day for 5 days, transferred 2 x Day 3 embryos with AH (16cG4, 9cG4), BFN

Feb 2011 - 4 endometrial biopsies (normal)

FET#3 (March 2011) - baby aspirin throughout (81 mg/day), Estrace 8mg/day, endometrin, 3x/day for 6 days, SET 3CC blast, BFN

Clinic will not explore uterine cavity with hsyteroscopy or laparoscopy
Clinic will not explore immune factors
Recommendation to keep trying same protocol, strongly recommend eSET for remaining blasts.
Currently seeing naturopath for acupuncture and vitamin supplementation.

#20 Rookie37

Rookie37
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:13 PM

burlington babe - yes, lots of residents and definitely a new nurse or 2. I once had a resident do one of my IUIs and I was in so much pain and bleeding afterwards - I never had that when the regular REs did my IUIs. But, it was another resident who did my ER and my ET (under the guidance of either Dr Karnis or Faghi) and it was successful so I guess there are good and bad residents. As for your question about Dr Hughes & procedures: well, he is not my RE but my own RE is Dr Amin and she has not been there for any of my procedures, follow up u/s, etc.

Hope for a Baby - good luck!
Aug 15: started stims (Menopur 450) ER Aug 27: 8 retrieved, 6 mature, all 6 fertilized. ET Aug 30: transferred 2 perfect embies! Froze 3. Sept 13 beta: 580, Sept 15 beta: 1186, Sept 29: first u/s, one perfect little bean! HB 134bpm. Apr 29, 2011: our beautiful baby girl was born 3 weeks early.
TTC#2: FET#1 Sept 3, 2012 - BFN. One frostie left. FET#2 Nov 2012 - BFN :( On to IVF #2 (FSH 12.5, AMH 1.4): Feb 2013

#21 Cassandra_Angela

Cassandra_Angela
  • 1000+
  • 2084 posts
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 26 October 2010 - 09:26 AM

I'm considered a "satelite" patient of ONE.
I actually see Dr Cepeda at HART but he does the ivf/fet procedures out of ONE.
I have seen Dr Hughes and Dr Amin in the past ... Both seem very nice.

Please see "about me" section for details

Pictures tell a thousand words: https://www.instagra...dra_angela1981/

#22 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 30 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

So our IUI failed I knew. So discouraging. I dropped off my medical records to One on Thursday, receptionist indicated that a nurse has to review my file and then I will get a call. Now I have to wait patiently to get in to discuss IVF. Please let this work. I'm starting to give up ......
  • jc1 likes this

#23 Rookie37

Rookie37
  • Global 100+
  • 206 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

So our IUI failed I knew. So discouraging. I dropped off my medical records to One on Thursday, receptionist indicated that a nurse has to review my file and then I will get a call. Now I have to wait patiently to get in to discuss IVF. Please let this work. I'm starting to give up ......

Hope - don't be discouraged, IUIs just aren't for everyone. We tried 3 medicated IUIs and nothing. But our first IVF was successful, so that just goes to show that there is a HUGE difference between IUI and IVF outcomes. One nice thing about ONE is that there is no wait time to get in for IVF, so if you are ready you should be able to cycle as soon as you get in for an appt. Good luck hun!

#24 Hope for a Baby

Hope for a Baby
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 10:18 AM

Thank You Rookie I have an appt on November 19th so excited :th_acheerlead:

#25 WithHope

WithHope
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2010 - 02:37 PM

Hope for a Baby- Let us know how you make out at your appt on Nov 19. Which Dr. are you seeing?
TTC since September 2007
3 IUI’s on Clomid BFN
1 IUI on Injections BFN
May 2010 1st IVF