Has your AFC fluctuated? - Page 2 - Decreased Ovarian Reserve (DOR) - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Has your AFC fluctuated?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 mego

mego
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Oakville Fertility

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:54 PM

My AFC is all over the place! Within the past 6 months it has gone from 7 to 12 to 16 to 18 to 9. I never know what it will be! Not sure if it's normal to have such variation but I'm just starting my IVF cycle so hoping for a higher end count this month.

#27 FamilyDreams

FamilyDreams
  • 22 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:20 AM

I'm a little jealous... My AFC went from 11 in 2010/11 to 2 in 2011/12 when my RE said to go to DE. After 3 cancelled IVFs (only 1 or 2 follicles matured each time). We've since had a failed DE cycle after a mess of the first 6 eggs we purchased arresting when thawed (not our fault). We had to fight to get them replaced but then the new 6 eggs (we had to pay for 2) only 3 survived, all 3 fertilized and 1 arrested before transfer. It has been hard. Our RE wasn't interested in testing AFC again because he said my last one (2) combined with my FSH (11) and my response to stims meant I wasn't ever going to get more than 1-2 follies anyway. I hate that I will never have a bio child. And it's a long road to acceptance. I secretly hoped that AFC was just way off and there was a chance of getting pregnant but I know that is not the case. Our RE said we've got about 0.5% chance.

#28 FamilyDreams

FamilyDreams
  • 22 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:25 AM

Also, my cycles are perfectly regular, but only 25-26 days and only lasts 1.5-2 days max. I dunno what that means, it was never looked into.

#29 silverdollar

silverdollar
  • Cyclebase
  • 3483 posts
  • Interests:Outdoor sports and activities of all types.
    Kids, sewing, photography, cooking, growing stuff in my garden.
  • My Clinic:Victoria Fertility Centre

Posted 29 December 2012 - 01:31 AM

FamilyDreams -I'd strongly suggest a getting a second opinion. I think I remember reading on another one of your posts that you are only 30 years old. At that age you don't need a truck load of eggs to find a good one. You might want to consider going ahead with an IVF cycle even if you only have 2-3 follicles. There are RE's out there who won't cancel when there are lower numbers. Dr. Virro at Markham and Dr. Hudson at Victoria Fertility have brought many of us DOR gals through cycles with successful results.

Unexplained IF/ DOR. Began TTC in 2008.
After a wild and crazy ride on the treatment train, our baby GIRL arrived on Jan 6, 2012
Hold on.... Surprise spontaneous just 7 months postpartum while still breastfeeding!!! Baby boy born May 2, 2013
My heart couldn't be more full :)

Full details are now in my profile "About Me" page

#30 GraceM

GraceM
  • Cyclebase
  • 1438 posts
  • My Clinic:undetermined

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

I don't know if my AFC fluctuted or if the first tech wasn't as experienced and missed some. In any event, my first count was 9 and two months later it was 16.  At that point, I was not taking any supplements or medication.

#31 AnnieM

AnnieM
  • 20 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program/Foothills

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

I have DOR with AFCs of 5 the first time and 7 the next (RE said those are basically the same result since they are both much lower than they should be - I am 29). I was told even 11 at my age would be low. I'm no doctor, but I think becoming aware of good protocols with DOR and questions you'd want to ask the doctor is a good idea. I am on a wait list for IVF and the plan is to do microdose flare.

Me: 29 DH: 31
TTC#1
Diagnosed with DOR on Dec 11, 2012
AFC = 5
FSH = 9

Have tried acupuncture, herbs, supplements, preseed, OPKs, BBT, and checking cervical position and mucus

Planning on proceeding with IVF (max of 3 rounds because of finances)

#32 janny82

janny82
  • 1000+
  • 1491 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Edmonton/VFC

Posted 14 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

Yes!!! In Sept 2012 I had an AFC of 28. Just yesterday (so 6 months later), it was 7. WHAAAATTT??? My RE's explanation was either he undercounted or the person who did the original one overcounted. Seems like a huge discrepancy to me but I guess we will see what happens when I start IVF in May...