22 replies to this topic

#1 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,454 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 11 May 2010 - 11:42 AM

I'm 11dp3dt and wondering if what I've experienced during my 2 ww is normal. (If there is a norm!) I had tugging sensations around my ovaries on the 4th and 5th day past my ET. I had a lot of thirstiness/hunger and a feeling of fullness. I also have had bloating that goes up and down. On 7dpt I had some really bad cramping---not exactly like AF pains. Instead sometimes the pains were quite intense and sharp and seemed to be more on the left side. Then on 8dpt, there was nothing aside from some twinges. I have had very few sensations (cramping, twinges) since and not feeling anything at all makes me wonder what's going on. Is it normal to not feel much of anything? I have had no bleeding so far. Any thoughts on this? Beta is scheduled for Friday but I'm considering POASing.

Thanks!
Me: 40
Dx: DH: Vasectomy; need IVF/ICSI ME: D.O.R. and many immunological issues. (Initially presented as "normal" but issues were only discovered after IVF attempt #2 and #3 after testing at new clinic)
IVF attempt #1 Nov.2009, Age 37: Long "Lupron" protocol
Dec.2009: Cycle cancelled due to oversuppression
IVF attempt #2, Age 38: April 2010: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, ET of 2 embryos BFN
IVF atempt #3 at new clinic: November 2010, Age 38: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized, ET of 2 blastocysts BFP
Strong beta numbers but babies not measuring on track but one heartbeat is present. Followup u/s reveals no HB's :( Had D&C--so sad.
Moved to new clinic closer to home + more of a focus on testing for potential immunological factors:
Further testing reveals three mutations related to inherited thrombophilia (2 MTHFR mutations and PA1-1 mutation), positive ANA, elevated NK cells and cytokines and low levels of leukocyte antibodies (LADS), Recommended Immunological treatment: Humira, LIT, IVig and blood thinners if PG
IVF Protocol: Low stim for me/ TESE needed for DH; took Humira in late August and early September; taking DHEA plus Co-Enzyme Q10, vitamins for DH just for good measure! September--two trips to Mexico for LIT treatment, treatments 3 weeks apart
Initial re-testing through Alan Beer Centre after some of the immune treatments reveals only cytokines were lowered, NKs still high and LAD numbers still low. Another LIT in Mexico is recommended. We decide to begin cycle on doctor's recommendation of just doing IVIG.
IVF#4, Age 39 : November 2011: Worst AFC EVER--a whopping 4! Three follicles responded, two eggs were retrieved. Three day transfer of two Grade 1 8 cell embryos: "Fahita" & "Burrito" Stick, stick, stick little ones!
BFP! Beta of 569
Viability u/s at 6 w 2d shows TWO babies measuring on track with heartbeats of 121. Looks like babies might be sharing the same amniotic sac.
Second u/s at 7w 2 d shows ONE baby with hb of 150, measuring 7 w 3 days. No sign of twin. Vanishing twin syndrome?
Third u/s at 8 w 2d shows ONE baby with hb of 170, measuring 8 w 3 days. Looks like a little jellybean!
12 week u/s at 12 w 2 days and baby is measuring 12 w 5 days with a heart beat of 150. Baby mooned us and waved at us with one hand....looked like a "royal" wave to me!
13 week doctor's appointment, HB=155 on doppler
14 week u/s to check cervix, HB=148
16 week u/s to check cervix, HB=138, baby had hiccups!
20 week u/s--everything looks good! HB=130, looks like we're having a GIRL!
IPS results very good!
39 weeks: Our baby girl arrived!!! She is healthy and beautiful! We are so happy! :)

Lilypie Maternity tickers

#2 jojo10

jojo10
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,197 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 11 May 2010 - 01:27 PM

Hi, I know how the dreaded 2ww goes, I am in the 2ww til my u/s and it is just as stressful.
I had all the symptoms you are talking about with my bfp.
With my bfn I had headaches for 4 days (10dpt - 14dpt) and spotting on day 11 and 14 with AF on 15dpt. I never had any twinges or cramps or pulling. I think poas stressed me out thus the headaches so this time I waited to poas the day before my beta, to be prepared.
I think everyone has a little different symptoms but we all know exactly what the waiting and not knowing feels like, the pending doom or the pending joy.
Good luck.

#3 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 03:38 PM

Thanks for your response Jojo and congrats on your pregnancy. I agree that the 2ww is a hugely stressful time. I've had so many sensations it's hard to know what they mean, if anything!

Hi, I know how the dreaded 2ww goes, I am in the 2ww til my u/s and it is just as stressful.
I had all the symptoms you are talking about with my bfp.
With my bfn I had headaches for 4 days (10dpt - 14dpt) and spotting on day 11 and 14 with AF on 15dpt. I never had any twinges or cramps or pulling. I think poas stressed me out thus the headaches so this time I waited to poas the day before my beta, to be prepared.
I think everyone has a little different symptoms but we all know exactly what the waiting and not knowing feels like, the pending doom or the pending joy.
Good luck.

• wilsongirl likes this
Dx: DH: Vasectomy; need IVF/ICSI ME: D.O.R. and many immunological issues. (Initially presented as "normal" but issues were only discovered after IVF attempt #2 and #3 after testing at new clinic)
IVF attempt #2, Age 38: April 2010: 3 eggs retrieved, 2 mature, 2 fertilized, ET of 2 embryos BFN
IVF atempt #3 at new clinic: November 2010, Age 38: 5 eggs retrieved, 4 mature, 4 fertilized, ET of 2 blastocysts BFP
Strong beta numbers but babies not measuring on track but one heartbeat is present. Followup u/s reveals no HB's :( Had D&C--so sad.
Moved to new clinic closer to home + more of a focus on testing for potential immunological factors:
Further testing reveals three mutations related to inherited thrombophilia (2 MTHFR mutations and PA1-1 mutation), positive ANA, elevated NK cells and cytokines and low levels of leukocyte antibodies (LADS), Recommended Immunological treatment: Humira, LIT, IVig and blood thinners if PG
IVF Protocol: Low stim for me/ TESE needed for DH; took Humira in late August and early September; taking DHEA plus Co-Enzyme Q10, vitamins for DH just for good measure! September--two trips to Mexico for LIT treatment, treatments 3 weeks apart
Initial re-testing through Alan Beer Centre after some of the immune treatments reveals only cytokines were lowered, NKs still high and LAD numbers still low. Another LIT in Mexico is recommended. We decide to begin cycle on doctor's recommendation of just doing IVIG.
IVF#4, Age 39 : November 2011: Worst AFC EVER--a whopping 4! Three follicles responded, two eggs were retrieved. Three day transfer of two Grade 1 8 cell embryos: "Fahita" & "Burrito" Stick, stick, stick little ones!
BFP! Beta of 569
Viability u/s at 6 w 2d shows TWO babies measuring on track with heartbeats of 121. Looks like babies might be sharing the same amniotic sac.
Second u/s at 7w 2 d shows ONE baby with hb of 150, measuring 7 w 3 days. No sign of twin. Vanishing twin syndrome?
Third u/s at 8 w 2d shows ONE baby with hb of 170, measuring 8 w 3 days. Looks like a little jellybean!
12 week u/s at 12 w 2 days and baby is measuring 12 w 5 days with a heart beat of 150. Baby mooned us and waved at us with one hand....looked like a "royal" wave to me!
IPS results very good!
39 weeks: Our baby girl arrived!!! She is healthy and beautiful! We are so happy! :)

#4 helenadc

helenadc
  • 128 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:17 AM

Hi Leigh ... how are you doing?
My experience is that everything is normal (sorry not much help!) My first BFP I felt pregnant (mainly it was the fullness feeling which was very different from all my BFN's), my second as well, my third I felt nothing (and was convinced it was a bust). There's just no way of knowing, and you're just PUPO!
I know the second week of the 2WW is the absolute worst. I drove my DH crazy every single time.
All the best on Friday,
Helena
Me 41, DH 48
Started TTC 2000 (Wow!)
Original problem male, turns out I had my issues too
2001/2002 2 IVF's, 1 cancelled - all BFN
2003/2004 Change clinics. 2 IVF's, 1 cancelled (I think ... so many cycles are getting fuzzy.) - all BFN
2004/2005 start using DS
1 IUI, 1IUI changed to IVF, 2 FET's - all BFN despite many gorgeous perfect embryos
2006/2007 looking for third/fourth/fifth opinions
2 more RE's say we're getting good care and they wouldn't change a thing
RE#5 removes septum and says go ahead with DH's stuff
IVF#1 with new cleaned out uterus gives us our first BFP!!! Beautiful DS born 2008. Love of our lives!
2009 FET with 1 embryo - BFN
IVF#2 with new cleaned out uterus - BFP! beautiful heartbeat at 7 weeks, spotting and no heartbeat at 12 weeks (we are so sad - we love you angel)
IVF#3 - another BFP! All u/s show baby doing well, another DS. EDD August 5, 2010. Second DS born August 1, 2010. All is well. We are so blessed!

#5 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 08:42 AM

Thanks Helen,

I am hanging in there. I bought a HPT two days ago but so far it's still in the box. I think that I will probably do it in the next day or so before I go in for my beta so I am somewhat prepared for what the outcome might be. I had a whole host of weird sensations going on last week but this week, not so much. I don't think that I feel quite as "full" as I did last week although it's hard to say for sure since I think there may be part of me that has adjusted to feeling a little larger and now I'm not noticing it as much! On the weekend I had a little bit of AF feeling crampiness but then it went away. Right now, I feel quite normal. I have been extraordinarily tired though--- 7:30 is my bedtime! But I also think that this could be the Progesterone!

It is a bit of a guessing game! Maybe tonight will be the night when I actually "cave" and take the HPT. We'll see....It's sort of like checking a lottery ticket--you want to but don't want to. By not checking there is still hope that maybe, just maybe you've won the Lotto Max! :)

My experience is that everything is normal (sorry not much help!) My first BFP I felt pregnant (mainly it was the fullness feeling which was very different from all my BFN's), my second as well, my third I felt nothing (and was convinced it was a bust). There's just no way of knowing, and you're just PUPO!
I know the second week of the 2WW is the absolute worst. I drove my DH crazy every single time.
All the best on Friday,
Helena

BFP! Beta of 569
IPS results very good!

#6 lynn001

lynn001
  • 251 posts
  • My Clinic:was with OFC, now back to McGill

Posted 12 May 2010 - 10:04 AM

I'm very worried right now myself. It is my beta day. For the past couple of days, I had very mild cramps. Today, no cramps, but GURGLES. Sounds like an alien in my belly. It is not gas - I thought it might be, but nothing is materializing.

The scary thing is, I've had 5 IVF failures, and this cramping was at the end before, so I'm feeling a bit like I'm bracing myself for a bad phone call. But then again, some have said that PG symptoms mimick those of AF. Why the gurgling though????
  • Ibeji likes this
Me: 36 , DH: 33
TTC 4 years - male morphology, and now low ovarian reserve! Gee thanks!
IVF/ICSI (OFC) #1, #2, #3- all failed (one agonist, two antagonist)
1 IVM/ICSI (#4) at McGill (Jan 09): BFN
Diagnosed by McGill with FVL (homozygous) blood clotting disorder
IUI #1 (Dec 09): BFN
IVF/ICSI #5 (OFC) antagonist - BFN
IVF/ICSI #6 (McGill) agonist/antagonist (flare) - BFN

Time to give this up.

#7 leigh14

leigh14
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

Hi Lynn,

I don't know about the gurgling. I haven't had that....yet. Since I wrote my last post, I started getting a few spots of brownish blood and the feeling like AF is right around the corner. Up until about 2 hours ago, I felt totally normal and now I am feeling quite full again and feel like I might start bleeding. It is stressful. I have had a little bit of blood but no serious cramping.

Definitely there is a lot of mimicking of pregnancy symptoms in this 2ww. I never know if it's the medication or something more. I haven't really had a lot of cramping but did have some major cramps for one day at 7dp3dt.

I am thinking positive thoughts for you! I hope all goes well with your beta. Mine is on Friday.

Good luck with everything!

I'm very worried right now myself. It is my beta day. For the past couple of days, I had very mild cramps. Today, no cramps, but GURGLES. Sounds like an alien in my belly. It is not gas - I thought it might be, but nothing is materializing.

The scary thing is, I've had 5 IVF failures, and this cramping was at the end before, so I'm feeling a bit like I'm bracing myself for a bad phone call. But then again, some have said that PG symptoms mimick those of AF. Why the gurgling though????

BFP! Beta of 569
IPS results very good!

#8 alwayshope

alwayshope
  • Global 100+
  • 496 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Mt.Sinai

Posted 12 May 2010 - 01:25 PM

I am feeling your pain girls. I just finished my 2ww a few days ago and got a BFP!!!!This was my second ivf,first ended in a chemical.Both times I had af like cramps mostly at night and tons of weird twinges.This time around 9dp5dt I started feeling really naucause(sorry for the spelling?) and I have had the burps all day since the 8th of may.I also spotted alittle bit at 11dp5dt.Hope this gives you alittle insight.The waiting is the worst. Now I am waiting for my second beta results....always waiting lol.

ttc:8 years
me:40 dh:36 ( started ivf at 35
oct 31:lap &hyst found both tubes blocked,dr opened right side Ivf sugested
april 10 starting clomid eeehhhh!
hopefully up coming iui end of april
april 15 1 foll 16mm left
1 fol 13mm right,linig 2.5mm yikes!!!
april 19,all looks good...iui today
april 20,2ww
bfn
Tubes removed nov 18th 2008. ouch!!!

August 26 start BCP YAH!!!!
sept 20th,ultrasound ..2cysts on right ovary,cant find left? 1 more week on BCP
sept 27th ultrasound 2 cysts are now BIGGER???? 2 more weeks on BCP arghhh

Cycle cancelled,non responsive to puregon Fsh 15.

IVF# 2
Jan 27,ER 5 follies
Jan 30,ET 2 good embies
BFP...
Feb 01 ,Chemical pregnancy.

IVF#3
April 13 start Suprefact
April15 start Menopur
April 26 Er 9 follies,6 fertlised
May 01 Et 2 Excellent blsts
2ww begins.
May 10 beta #1 108 BFP yippeee
may 12 beta #2 314 !!!!
may 31 u/s
Jan 16 2011 my beautiful DD is born.

Dec 2011 FET ,chemical
April 2012 IVF #4
9 embies,3 transferred ,none to freeze
mc at 11 weeks

IVF #5 Jan 2013???

march 15 started menopur...fingers crossed.

March 29 ER 4 eggs

April 3 et of two blasts. other two did not make it to freeze. April 8 +hpt 5dp5dt Beta 9dp5dt= 444 Beta 12dp5dt=2164 !!!!! 1st scan 2 sacs ,1 hb 113b/m fx next scan 2nd h/b is there.

May...no heartbeat, both babies gone. IVF journey is over. No more $ no more tears.

Oct 2015. Moving on to adoption....please let this work!!

#9 flyrfixr

flyrfixr
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 27 January 2011 - 07:50 AM

For me I think I just felt like I was on the verge of starting my period the last 4 days... I had pretty much convinced myself to be prepared for the worst. I had some twinges and cramping but nothing that I couldn't of linked up with any other period starting. That 2ww is torture no other way to describe it...Heck I was scared walking as silly as that sounds incase I would shake it out...lol...

As for the POAS home kits - I managed and its not easy to forego the temptation but I avoided the stick right up until I did the blood test even... and finally caved as I was waiting for the phone call...I just figured it would cause major stress and heartache if it showed negative and it could very well be a mistake, and at this point thought it was more important to stay positive and try not to stress... I got a BFP and the stick only got a faint pink line so I probably would of been second guessing it anyway if I had done it days before...

Best of luck to you - wishing you lots of sticky baby dust

#10 IVFnewbie

IVFnewbie
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I am in the 2ww process of my first IVF cycle. I had similar symptoms too and now I have some light brown spotting on day 8 after my embryo transfer and some light pink spotting on day 9. I don't go for my pregnancy test for another 4 days! Any insights anyone can share regarding this would be most helpful. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

#11 bal

bal
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,982 posts
  • My Clinic:Fertility and IVF Center of Miami

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:45 AM

I had pink spotting on the day of my beta (9 days after a blast transfer) on the cycle I got pregnant with DD. I then continued on to having brown and pink sporadical spotting for a few weeks.
I hope its the same for you.
Good luck!
Me 41, DH 41
TTC - since Nov '04
2005 - TTC Naturally
2006 - IUI w/clomid x 4 - all BFN
Feb - 1st appointment with RE
Lap to remove ovarian cysts
IVF #1 July - Cancelled / only 2 follicles
IVF #2 Sept - ICSI 13 / 2 transfered, 4 frosties BFP m/c 5 wks
FET #1 Jan - AH 2 blasts BFP DD born Oct 2008
God, Thank You for our miracle baby!
FET #2 Feb - AH 2 blasts BFP m/c twins 8wks D&C
Lap to remove ovarian cysts
Histeroscopy to remove polyp in uterus
IVF #3 Oct - ICSI 3 blasts BFN
IVF #4 Jan - ICSI 4 blasts BFN
IVF #5 May - LAST!
ER May 19 - 19 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized ICSI
ET May 24 - 3 blasts transferred - 5AA, 5AA, 4AB No frosties
HPTs since 5dp5dt -> 7dp5dt all negative
June 1st (8dp5dt / 13dpo)- HPT very faint BFP
HCG 6/2-61.33, 6/4-217, 6/5-328, 6/7-836, 6/10-2,493(22dpo)
U/S 6/20 - HR 116bpm EDD Feb 8, 2012
June 30 - SCH diagnosed - bedrest
July 25 - SCH gone! NT - 0.18cms
Aug 10 - 14 wks - Complete Placenta Previa Dx - bedrest
Aug 19 - 15 wks - No measurable amniotic fluid - bedrest
Sept 16 - DD delivered stillborn at 19w1d. RIP my angel.
Done TTC

#12 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 441 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM (previously UBC)

Posted 12 June 2011 - 02:14 PM

My experience is that everything is normal (sorry not much help!)
Helena

I have to agree with Helena as my 2ww 'symptoms' were normal too. I had less symptoms in the 2ww before learning I was pregnant that any other cycle. I would say that the main differences I noticed was that I did not have any cm. I was also a little crampy the few days before AF was due, and had major cramps the night before I tested positive. I thought for sure AF was coming that night. However, the next day (when AF was due) I woke up and was extremely dizzy, my head was spinning, and that was the day that I tested positive which was about 14 dpo. I was also really tired in the previous 5 days, but I was also experiencing jet lag so it's hard to know if the tiredness was the jet lag or an early pregnancy symptom - but I think it was the jet lag. I didn't have any nausea, no tender breasts, no other cardinal pregnancy signs. A few days after the BFP I started to get more symptoms though (cramping, tender breasts, bloating, full feeling).

I remember agonizing over every little change in the 2ww for so many months. Good luck to those in the 2ww!

Me (41) Dx Unexplained.  

June 2011 - To start IVF at UBC...5 days before our apt we got a surprise BFP. Baby girl born Feb/12.  

Switched to PCRM in TTC 2nd 

July 2013 - M/C

July 2014 - Healthy baby boy

Feb 2016 - MM/C at 9w. Heart stopped at 7w6d. D&C. Trisomy 15. 

July 2016 - M/C at 7w. Near triploidy (68 chromosomes). 

November 2016 - BFP. EDD July 20/17

D/c'd from repeat loss clinic at 11 weeks :-D 

#13 babymad

babymad
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Thanks, Ladies, I think there is lots of good advice in this thread. My beta is tomorrow so I am pretty excited and stressed. My first cycle I agonized over every little thing and thought they were all good signs and so I was devistated when I got a BFN. This cycle I am feeling a lot more symptoms- including bad cramping that felt exactly like my period would come any minute. But, I am trying to tell myself that all of the symptoms are due to progesterone and I will just have to wait until tomorrow evening to know the answer. Good luck to all of you out there in your 2WW and try to stay sane!
Me 39, DH 45
Married Sept 2009
TTC since Oct 2009
DX: Male Factor
IVF/ICSI #1: April 2011- BFN
IVF/ICSI #2: June 2011- BFN

#14 luckysmoms

luckysmoms
  • Global 100+
  • 106 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:AART

Posted 20 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

Hi girls! I wanted to ask others about what they mean by "spotting" and whether they had a BFP or a BFN.

Mine is weird, but I don't know if it is spotting or what it is supposed to be... so this is going to be a bit descriptive... but I am hoping someone out there can relate to this...

Yesterday, 4 days after a 5 day transfer, I had what looked like a thin piece of tissue, almost 1.5 inches long, and thin like dental floss and looked pinkish brown. Later I had a similar sized clear mucus streak (still thin) with a thin thread of bright red in it, and later another tiny pink/brown dental floss like thing.

I am driving myself crazy with other symptoms questioning whether are those cramps? Am I a bit nauseous? More hungry than usual? I know I am getting headaches and am more tired, but that's probably just progesterone... no breast symptoms. Is that important?

Anyway, does anyone know what implantation bleeding is like? Could this be it? This two week wait feels like forever!!!

C and R "luckysmoms"
Me - 36, DP - 34
"Male Factor" - ie we are both female and have no male in our lives so using donor sperm
Also, DP has a moderate sized fibroid
And I have irregular cycles

Initial (ideal) plan/hope: my eggs fertilized with donor sperm to be carried by DP (and vice versa down the road if it all works out)

First Cycle IVF - June 2012 - Halifax
My eggs, DP's uterus
14 eggs retrieved
7 fertilized
3 that made it to day 5
Transferred 1 (grade 19) - BFN - pink streaking the whole time
Frozen 2 (16 and 18)

FET #1
Two embryos survived the thaw! And were transferred Sept 14...
Beta 8dp5dt = 81 Beta 10dp5dt = 333
Clinic Beta September 30

Bleeding entire first trimester - one baby, one blighted ovum

End result.... beautiful baby boy born May 8, 2013

Second Cycle IVF - January 2013 - Halifax (yes we are crazy adding more to the fray already)

DP's eggs, My uterus

18 eggs retrieved

7 fertilized

6 that made it to day 5

Transferred 2 (grade 20 and grade 14 early blast)

Clinic Beta February 20

#15 hopeful1984

hopeful1984
  • 8 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 30 October 2011 - 02:13 PM

Hello everyone. Tomorrow is my pregnancy test and I have had not heavy but on and off brown bleeding for 5 days now. Has anyone experienced it this long and still gotten a bfp? I'm freaked out but trying to stay positive. Any information would be helpful!
6 failed clomid cycles
1 failed IUI
1st fresh IVF cycle Oct 2011
Retrieved 7 viable embryos
2 transferred
Beta test Oct 31- bfn :(

1st FET - July 2012
2 snow babies transferred
Beta July 21- bfp :):):):):)
We were pregnant with twins unfortunately one gave its life for the other one to survive :(
Bleeding with other baby been on bedrest for 2 months
Pprom'd at 15 weeks :(
Will be fully hospitalized at 24 weeks until delivery :(
Such a scary road to travel :(
Praying our miracle makes it :)
Estimated due date march 26, 2013
They are hoping we atleast make it to 24 weeks :(

#16 PB40

PB40
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 31 January 2012 - 05:59 PM

I realize that this is a rather old post I am responding to, but if anyone else is in the 2ww zone and having symptoms - I have to say, this post was REALLY helpful. I am 3dpt - beta test is on Sat. Transferred 3 blasocysts (because of my age 40 - Dr recommended). Yesterday I started feeling small twinges near my ovaries and when I move suddenly at night, I get a cramp in my side. I am starting to feel like I have mild menstrual cramps....and am really hoping that this is implantation and not my period coming my way. Anyway....Just wanted to share and to see if anyone else wanted to as well to get us all through this! I did get pregnant last year (miscarraige after 7wu)....and I felt kinda like I was getting my period...but it was a natural cycle and I wasn't expecting a pregnancy to occur (didn't think I was that lucky!)....

#17 Heartbeat

Heartbeat

Xxx

• Global 100+
  • 101 posts
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic/ ONE Fertility

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:49 PM

Is anyone lurking in this post during 2WW?
Me 40 (just turned) DH 42
DD 2 yrs (Love of my LIfe)
Oct 2011-IUI #1: 1 folli- canceled :-(
Nov 2011-IUI #2: 2 folli, HCG trigger, transfer, prog tablets = BFN

Dec 2011- break, weird cycle late period, BFP??

Jan 2012- went 4 b/w on Day 1, dx: high FSH 20.5 :-( heartbroken
AF came 2 weeks late... Started femmerra... Let's see what happens. was not asked for follow up, what?!...left and took a vacation.

* So far my DR. At OFC did not even ask for further consultation. She just told me over the phone that if this doesn't work, it's time to throw in the towel! Is it weird to ask for 2ond opinion in same clinic?
*Regrets: Why was I not encouraged to go straight to IVE in October 2011 when my AFC was 8-10!! (so what if 2 short of 12 min.! Had no idea that was a possibility) arrrrggg!

Feb. 2012- IUI #3: natural cycle, HCG triggar, insemination mistimed (thanks a lot) - BFN

*Switched Drs*
-After a lot of soul searching and encouragment from previous Dr.s assistant, took referral for second opinion. Best decision ever! new b/w with new Dr., baseline, FSH 5.5, E2-400s (*sigh*), AFC 6. Waiting for AMH test

Apr 2012- IVF #1-Getting ready for IVF with donor egg- April 2012- DE from sister who is 38 yrs, yikes! (it was all we were comfortable with, she is older but everything looks good-fingers crossed)
May 29- 2 embies ....2WW!
BFN- wasn't meant to be

#18 myspud

myspud
  • Cyclebase
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Hello, just trying out the forum thing for the first time.

I'm currently on the 2WW. Blood test set for May 17th.

Thank you to all the ladies who left the previous comments, they were extremely helpful, regardless this being an old thread.

#19 believing

believing

Believing

• Cyclebase
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Healthcare
  • My Clinic:IREGA

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

Had my transfer on May 17th and trying to read everything I can while on bed rest. I am also looking for all kinds of signs of pregnancy. So far, just a little cramping, back ache and frequent urination. Hoping to get nausea but it has not happen yet. Day 3 after transfer and very few symptoms, trying not to worry. Like everyone time does not pass fast enough.

#20 Krystal_George

Krystal_George
  • Just Hatched
  • 1 posts
  • Dx:PCOS

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:24 AM

Hello mums

M new here and I recently had my first ivf cycle. So a bit curious as to what is happening inside me ☺️
I had my 5 day blastocyst transfer on 6th Feb. From 3dpt I am having really bad cramps, severe headache (though I have migraine but this pain is unusual and last for 24 hrs continuously) and sore breasts ( they are hurting like hell) . Are they good symptoms or just an outcome of progesterones m taking ??

I have my beta scheduled on coming 20th but out of curiosity I did an HPT last night and one this morning, both of which came out bfn.
Now m really worried 😩
Was it too early??? 9dp5dt ???
Are there still chances of having a bfp??????

#21 Lizzy39

Lizzy39
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:21 AM

Hi Krystal
I had lots of cramping and headaches during my tww. I also started waking up every night for the bathroom and felt very chilled especially at night. The symptoms were so different from anything else that I knew it had worked. I did have very sore breasts but they are a symptom of progesterone. I got my bfp at 7dp5dt but it was so light I thought I was seeing things the next day it was very dark on a frer. What tests are you using? There is always a chance until your beta which is why they have you wait until then.
Stay positive and let us know! Fingers crossed for you!

#22 Brat66

Brat66
  • Just Hatched
  • 4 posts
  • Interests:Egg donation, IVF
  • My Clinic:London

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

Hi all. Guess I'm not alone as there seems to be lots of anxious 2 week waiting here. I'm day 6 after a day three transfer of two hopefuls. Trying hard to keep the anxiety down by watching comedies on tv . Symptoms were very mild : headaches, sore breasts, sharp belly twinges. All very tolerable. Good luck everyone.
IVF , Canadian egg donor, ICSI

#23 mia11

mia11
  • Just Hatched
  • 39 posts
  • My Clinic:Reproductive Sciences Medical Center

Posted 15 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

Hello everyone. I just had my first FET on April 12, 2017. This is our second IVF process as the first time it didn't take.

I am now 3dpt of a 6 day blast. Or shall we say a 5 day blast to make it easier. We had two snow babies transferred... a little boy and a little girl babyboy.gif babygirl.gif . In which we learned the sex due to a PGS test. Praying for a miracle as I used my own eggs and I am 42. 

This 2ww is horrible already this time. I promised myself I would NOT POAS this time because I was disappointed not once but twice last time. Trying so hard to wait. Keeping myself busy has been good and is helping.

I have been having headaches, mild twinges or cramps, a bit of blurry vision and nausea. Been resting as much as I can. Eating very healthy all warm things, keeping socks on my feet, eating pineapple core and brazil nuts. Drinking lots or room temp water or non-caffeinated teas. Mostly water though. I have been extremely tired and exhausted as well. I have been very emotional and I am sure this is from the progesterone and estrogen. Such a big cry baby right now. Very moody too. Also, my sense of smell has intensified. Just praying for a miracle now. 

Good luck this month everyone. Lets make these babies stick. giggle.gif th_anoaf.gif

FET #1 (Transfer- 6 day blast):      April 12, 2017- babyboy.gif babygirl.gif  (Transfer of a very active boy and girl)

HPT:                                               April 16, 2017   th_abfp.gif         4dpt

First Beta:                                       April 24, 2017   th_abfp.gif         845 Beta - 12dpt

2nd Beta:                                        April 26, 2017                        1,810 Beta - 14dpt

1st Ultrasound:                               May 10, 2017               One healthy baby on ultrasound. Heartbeat excellent

2nd Ultrasound Scheduled:            May 20, 2017

Me: 43

DH: 30