#4601 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:PCRM (previously UBC)

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:36 PM

Hi Kim2, Welcome!!

I know it's a tough road that we are on and unfortunately many of us have suffered through miscarriages, including myself.

If it's any consolation, I started my IVF journey at age 43! If I were 40, I would not hesitate to go for a round of IVF!! At least that's my personal opinion. But I do understand there are test that can be done to rule out chromosome issues and things like that. I never heard that the miscarriage rate is 40% once you reach the age of 40?!?!? WoW, that's high but even if I were to hear that, it would probably go in one ear and right out the other, haha!

I just had my second scan and I am 8 weeks and 3 days preggo and feeling all the symptoms one could feel, but the Doc said everything looks and sounds Great! Even heard the heartbeat, which makes it so much more real.

Don't give up, anything is possible... Thanks for venting to us... We are here for each other!!

Thanks for the encouragement! Yes, the OB at EPAC (the early pregnancy assessment clinic) at BC Women's told me the risk of miscarriage is 40% at the age of 40. Not great odds hey. She basically told me after my Trisomy 15 loss that it boils down to how many losses my heart can tolerate in the pursuit of a healthy baby. Not sure I have an answer to that. While I feel a lot more capable of dealing with this impending loss, it also hasn't happened for sure and so I'm likely tricking myself and will probably fall to pieces when it does happen. I 'should' be thinking more positively, but given my HCG numbers not doubling in over 2 weeks and a small gestational sac it's a grim picture. I tried to be positive last time and I ended up being blind sided and left utterly devastated. I also thought that because I was so lucky to have had two children that a loss wouldn't be the end of the world, well I was wrong. It was so incredibly hard. I pretty much checked out of life for a few weeks and that's not cool as a mom. 

Wow, this has been really cathartic! Man, it's such a taboo subject that most people don't know how to respond to. It feels good to chat with others that have either gone through it or that understand what it's like to try and conceive a healthy pregnancy after 40. Thanks ladies. heart.gif

I've been reading a lot of miscarriage and getting past that 8 week mark is a big milestone so congratulations!! Sending you mounds of baby dust. 

• RiseAbove likes this

Me (40) Dx: Unexplained Trying for over 3 years. 

June 2011 - To start IVF at UBC...5 days before appt surprise BFP. Baby girl born Feb/12.  

July 2013 - Pos HPT. Beta 13. M/C naturally. 

July 2014 - Healthy baby boy

Feb 2016 - MM/C at 9 weeks. Heart stopped at 7w6d. D&C. Girl, Trisomy 15. 

July 2016 - M/C at 7w2d. Girl, near triploidy (68 chromosomes). 

#4602 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 10:44 PM

Hi Kim - I was also at PCRM and know how devestating miscarriages can be especially after hearing the heartbeat. I was with Dr roberts and also lost a baby with trisomy 15 at 9 weeks after hearing the heartbeat. None of those 17 eggs from thst cycle led to a live birth despite excellent looking blasts. Like you - I also have unexplained infertility. At 37 I tried another cycle and in an inexplicable twist of fate - 5 measly eggs led to 5 blasts and three live births with two left on ice. I am currently 40. If you don't feel ready to quit a second cycle can indeed produce dramatically different results!of course never any guarantees with this crazy world of infertility but only you know when you're done and ready to put this chapter to peace.

WOW, that is some serious success!! Do you think you'll go for a fourth? How I wish I had 37-year-old frozen embryos. I've been seen by Dr. Rowe since he was at UBC and then at PCRM and am scheduled to see him again in August. I don't believe he does IVF anymore so he would refer me to another Dr. Good to know both of you speak highly of Dr. Roberts, I'll keep that in mind. 

Did they say anything to you about your Trisomy 15 loss and what that meant for future pregnancies? I was only told the results and nothing more. From what I understand it's a common cause of early miscarriage. Mine was the same - fetal demise at 9 weeks and the embryo measured 7w6d. It happened the week of my 40th birthday. Not how I envisioned ringing in my forties. Aren't you supposed to go to Vegas or Cabo with girlfriends for your 40th? I was catatonic on the sofa after a D&C. :-( 

I'm so happy your journey worked out successfully. I love hearing stories like yours!

June 2011 - To start IVF at UBC...5 days before appt surprise BFP. Baby girl born Feb/12.  

#4603 ButterflyBaby

ButterflyBaby
  • Global 100+
  • 201 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 14 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm 40 with a history of unexplained infertility and now recurrent pregnancy losses. I'm currently pregnant but it's not looking like it will be a viable pregnancy. My HCG levels were doubling normally for the first couple of weeks and then slowed right down, even dropping at one point. I thought it was all over when they decreased and then we saw a heartbeat on ultrasound at the early pregnancy assessment clinic. That threw me for a loop. Also discovered I have a SCH and the gestational sac is small for my dates (6w2d at the time). My HCG has increased only a teeny bit so all those factors together paint a dismal picture for this little bean. I lost my last pregnancy at 9 weeks (fetus was measuring 7w6d) and it turned out to be from Trisomy 15. 

I'm expecting this to be a chromosomal abnormality again and so I'm not sure if I should call it quits. Not an easy question to answer. I'm not sure how many more losses I can take. The OB said at 40, my risk of miscarriage is 40%. I'll be referred to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic and maybe they will have some answers. We have been crazy lucky to have 2 kids and although they will always be enough, there is something in my heart that aches for another baby. It feels cruel that age is playing a part. 

I don't have anyone in my life that understands the position I'm in and I'm sure there are people who are thinking to themselves that I should give up at 40, particularly because I already have 2 kids. But I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. I said I wouldn't do IVF for a third and now I'm not so sure about that. I wonder about PGD and if that would help. I've asked for a referral back to my RE at PCRM and hopefully he will have some answers to help with the decision. 

I have to say that I am terrified that this pregnancy will continue for a several weeks to come, only to stop. I read that low HCG levels are often associated with Trisomy 18. Ugh. 

Thanks for letting me vent. 

Kim2, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I was at the BC Women's EPAC this week.  Sadly my little babe no longer had a heartbeat so the OB advised it was a miscarriage 'waiting' to happen.  I had a Trisomy 10 miscarriage in Feb and she told me due to my age when eggs were made (41) that it was highly likely another chromosomal anomaly.  I too was told that the miscarriage rate was 40% and that it really was up to me what I wanted to do moving forward.  Since it was my last embryo and it would entail another IVF she did say that if I was to go forward it would be very advisable to do the chromosomal testing. . . she also mentioned donor eggs as I can carry a pregnancy (last was 8w2d and this one is 8w5d) she feels that a 'normal' embryo would have a good chance. . . .  I was told I don't qualify for a referral to the Recurrent Loss Clinic as I knew it was chromosomal cause from last loss.  I might call and ask if I can get a referral to get some help. . .

I am sending all my best wishes hoping your little babe is strong and pulls through!    This group is great for venting and getting info and support.

Big hugs!!

Mar 2015 - IUI #1 th_abfn.gif

Apr 2015 - IUI #2 th_abfn.gif

May 2015 - IUI #3 th_abfp.gif - turned out to be chemical cry.gif

Aug 2015 - IUI #4 th_abfn.gif

Sep 2015 - IUI #5 th_abfn.gif

Oct 2015 - IVF #1 prep month

Nov 2015 IVF #1.1 - actual IVF stim cycle - Freeze all dt OHSS high risk  - 3 excellent embryos frozen

Jan 20 2016 FET #1 - 2 beautiful embryos transferred! th_abfp.gif  -miscarriage at 8w2d 8388.gif

April 2016 - hysteroscopy shows good recovery of uterus from M/C.  Given go ahead for FET #2 in May!

June 1 2016 FET #2 -- 1 beautiful (and final) embryo transferred. . . 

June 13th 2016 Beta 1 -- 337!!  th_abfp.gif

June 20th 2016 Beta 2 --2743!!

Now viability scan on June 24th!!  Fingers crossed! All looked good!

US# 2 heart beat heart yay!!

US #3 -- no heartbeat -- waiting miscarriage 8388.gif

Next steps unknown. . . .

​                          

#4604 From0to3

From0to3
  • 68 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

From0to3 really sys it All huh!!! Congratulations on your Huge success times 3!!! Wow Weeee, Incredible!!

I too am with Dr. Roberts (Absolutely Love Him) but I think my days with him are coming to an end sadly. He will be referring me on to the next phase of this pregnancy! Yay and fingers are still crossed!!

IVF#1:17 Eggs, 4-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfn.gif

FET#1: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif m/c@9weeks th_agrr.gif 

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

FET#2:Transferred 1: th_abfp.gif Baby Girl born July 2016 babygirl.gif  

2 Frosties Remaining.

#4605 From0to3

From0to3
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 12:57 AM

Rise Above - I felt the same way when I had to leave dr roberts. Totally bittersweet as I felt he was such an integral part of my ivf roller-coaster. I don't really understand how all this happened this way when like so many women nearing 40 was contemplating donor eggs /adoption / surrogate especially after losing that pregnancy but if this happened to me could happen for someone else in the same boat. A big congrats for your pregnancy and lucky us we had such a great RE even if his personality isn't for everyone! : )
  • RiseAbove likes this

IVF#2: 5 Eggs, 5-5 Day Blasts: Transferred 2: th_abfp.gif Boy/Girl Twins born DEC 2013 babygirl.gif babyboy.gif 

2 Frosties Remaining.

#4606 From0to3

From0to3
  • 68 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 01:04 AM

Hi Kim - I was also at PCRM and know how devestating miscarriages can be especially after hearing the heartbeat. I was with Dr roberts and also lost a baby with trisomy 15 at 9 weeks after hearing the heartbeat. None of those 17 eggs from thst cycle led to a live birth despite excellent looking blasts. Like you - I also have unexplained infertility. At 37 I tried another cycle and in an inexplicable twist of fate - 5 measly eggs led to 5 blasts and three live births with two left on ice. I am currently 40. If you don't feel ready to quit a second cycle can indeed produce dramatically different results!of course never any guarantees with this crazy world of infertility but only you know when you're done and ready to put this chapter to peace.

WOW, that is some serious success!! Do you think you'll go for a fourth? How I wish I had 37-year-old frozen embryos. I've been seen by Dr. Rowe since he was at UBC and then at PCRM and am scheduled to see him again in August. I don't believe he does IVF anymore so he would refer me to another Dr. Good to know both of you speak highly of Dr. Roberts, I'll keep that in mind. 

Did they say anything to you about your Trisomy 15 loss and what that meant for future pregnancies? I was only told the results and nothing more. From what I understand it's a common cause of early miscarriage. Mine was the same - fetal demise at 9 weeks and the embryo measured 7w6d. It happened the week of my 40th birthday. Not how I envisioned ringing in my forties. Aren't you supposed to go to Vegas or Cabo with girlfriends for your 40th? I was catatonic on the sofa after a D&C. :-( 

I'm so happy your journey worked out successfully. I love hearing stories like yours!

2 Frosties Remaining.

#4607 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm new to this thread. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm 40 with a history of unexplained infertility and now recurrent pregnancy losses. I'm currently pregnant but it's not looking like it will be a viable pregnancy. My HCG levels were doubling normally for the first couple of weeks and then slowed right down, even dropping at one point. I thought it was all over when they decreased and then we saw a heartbeat on ultrasound at the early pregnancy assessment clinic. That threw me for a loop. Also discovered I have a SCH and the gestational sac is small for my dates (6w2d at the time). My HCG has increased only a teeny bit so all those factors together paint a dismal picture for this little bean. I lost my last pregnancy at 9 weeks (fetus was measuring 7w6d) and it turned out to be from Trisomy 15. 

I'm expecting this to be a chromosomal abnormality again and so I'm not sure if I should call it quits. Not an easy question to answer. I'm not sure how many more losses I can take. The OB said at 40, my risk of miscarriage is 40%. I'll be referred to the recurrent pregnancy loss clinic and maybe they will have some answers. We have been crazy lucky to have 2 kids and although they will always be enough, there is something in my heart that aches for another baby. It feels cruel that age is playing a part. 

I don't have anyone in my life that understands the position I'm in and I'm sure there are people who are thinking to themselves that I should give up at 40, particularly because I already have 2 kids. But I'm not sure I'm ready to do that. I said I wouldn't do IVF for a third and now I'm not so sure about that. I wonder about PGD and if that would help. I've asked for a referral back to my RE at PCRM and hopefully he will have some answers to help with the decision. 

I have to say that I am terrified that this pregnancy will continue for a several weeks to come, only to stop. I read that low HCG levels are often associated with Trisomy 18. Ugh. 

Thanks for letting me vent. 

Kim2, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!  I was at the BC Women's EPAC this week.  Sadly my little babe no longer had a heartbeat so the OB advised it was a miscarriage 'waiting' to happen.  I had a Trisomy 10 miscarriage in Feb and she told me due to my age when eggs were made (41) that it was highly likely another chromosomal anomaly.  I too was told that the miscarriage rate was 40% and that it really was up to me what I wanted to do moving forward.  Since it was my last embryo and it would entail another IVF she did say that if I was to go forward it would be very advisable to do the chromosomal testing. . . she also mentioned donor eggs as I can carry a pregnancy (last was 8w2d and this one is 8w5d) she feels that a 'normal' embryo would have a good chance. . . .  I was told I don't qualify for a referral to the Recurrent Loss Clinic as I knew it was chromosomal cause from last loss.  I might call and ask if I can get a referral to get some help. . .

I am sending all my best wishes hoping your little babe is strong and pulls through!    This group is great for venting and getting info and support.

Big hugs!!

Butterflybaby - I'm so, so sorry. I was there earlier this week as well. I'm really surprised they said you don't qualify for a referral to the RPL clinic. My understanding is that you have to have 2 losses in a row or a loss later than 10 weeks GA to qualify. My last loss was due to Trisomy 15 and they gave me the referral form on Monday for my Dr. to sign. I don't think the physicians at EPAC can refer you as it was mentioned to be a conflict of interests, which seems silly. The referral form is on their website so I'd have your Dr fax it in for you: http://www.bcwomens....alformMay27.pdf. For me, I like to have all the information I can so I want to speak with the RPL clinic to find out what I should be considering in moving forward. 

Will you wait to miscarry naturally? I've really been trying to decide what to do this time as I don't want another D&C, but I'm also afraid of going through it at home. Sending you a big hug. I'm so sorry this is happening to you again. 

#4608 hopefullyus

hopefullyus
  • Global 100+
  • 123 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:was Foothills now VFC

Posted 18 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

So routing for all of you ladies from afar and so sorry to hear of the recent losses.  I recently joined the 40 club in May.  I so don't feel old but my test results tell me otherwise.  Found out my FSH went up to 12 and and my AMH down to .76ng/mL:(  These were big changes from previous year where I was in normal range for my age.  Would you ladies try another fresh with own eggs with these numbers?  Last year AFC was great so assuming it did not completely drop off but shocked at the level of decline from 39 to 40. 

Good luck to you all!

Hopefully us 

Me: 40

DH: 45

Diagnosis: Severe male factor, likely female factor (uterine/immune) and age at this point

TTC 1 year and then found out that DH has severe male factor (0 morphology, low counts, poor mobility although mobility improved with supplements)

IVF #1 with ICSI in Dec 2011-Jan 2012 - Long protocol- 11 mature eggs, 7 fertilized, two 3 day grade 1-2 embryos transferred, one 6 day blast frozen - BFN:(

IVF #2 with ICSI (planned) in May-June 2012- Long protocol (took Coq10 and DHEA)- cancelled mid-cycle due to big hormonally active cysts

IVF #3 with ICSI in August to September- Antagonist protocol (took CoQ10 and DHEA) - 10 mature eggs and 9 fertilized!- transferred 2 day 5 blasts (2aa and 3ab) and froze two good quality day 6 blasts - again BFN:(

Have 3 frozen day 6 blasts but needed to treat new automimmune issue.  All previous IVF treatments in Calgary but have consulted VFC because of focus on immune issues and treatment and lack of success with RFP.     

April 2013 - Starting steps for adoption as well as preparing for upcoming FET - we want to be parents one way or another:)

July 2013 FET#1 - a success with immunotherapy!!!  First BFP ever.  Perfect baby boy born April 2014:)

TTC BABY #2...Here we go again, FET#2 with immunotherapy - had fluid in uterus at lining check but it went away by transfer -transferred one 6 day blast (our last frozen embryo) May 2015.  Fingers crossed!  I so want this to work and to not have to do another fresh cycle again!  BFN so need to do fresh again although feels scarier now a few years older and with somewhat elevated FSH...

IVF#4 at age 39-Did fresh antagonist cycle with +++ supplements (including Coq10 and DHEA)  and  immunotherapy September 2015- 7 eggs retrieved, 4 fertilized, and 3 embryos at day three.  Transferred one excellent 3 day embryo (8 cell grade 19) and had two 6 cell embryos (grade 18 and 19) to freeze.  Tested 9dp3dt and to my surprise BFP!!!

Did 3 HCG tests and they were more than doubling:)smile.pngsmile.png   

7 week ultrasound showed baby was not viable:(  Our hearts were crushed. Did another ultrasound that showed baby had growth but still no heartbeat - radiologist said that baby had "faint hope".  9 week ultrasound showed baby stopped growing.     Took misoprostol at 10 weeks:(

January 2016 SHG showed issue with uterine blood clot and adhesion which were addressed after the evaluation.  FET planned for Feb 2016 but cancelled due to uterine infection (thought to be from miscarriage) as found with endometrial biopsy. I was actually relieved as I was not emotionally ready to take the chance with our last frozen embryos.    

FET#3 June 2016 - I had fluid in uterus again sad.pngsad.png which dried up by transfer - decided to transfer only one embryo - BFN:(  One frostie left

Not sure where to go from here - whether its worth it to try another fresh, whether I should try frostie first or go straight to fresh, whether I am always going to have this fluid issue going forward... Ahhh.

#4609 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:52 PM

Hopefully - did you make any decisions yet?

I just got my first cycle after miscarrying naturally and did day 3 FSH/estradiol blood work. My FSH is 10.0 IU/L and estradiol is 64 pmol/L. It seems as though my FSH is borderline. I'm seeing my RE tomorrow and might end up doing another AMH test, I'll see what he recommends. I wonder if my results would be different had this been a normal cycle that did not immediately follow a miscarriage. 

What was your FSH when you were 40ish and what was the outcome?

#4610 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

Rise

Hi Kim2, Welcome!!

I know it's a tough road that we are on and unfortunately many of us have suffered through miscarriages, including myself.

If it's any consolation, I started my IVF journey at age 43! If I were 40, I would not hesitate to go for a round of IVF!! At least that's my personal opinion. But I do understand there are test that can be done to rule out chromosome issues and things like that. I never heard that the miscarriage rate is 40% once you reach the age of 40?!?!? WoW, that's high but even if I were to hear that, it would probably go in one ear and right out the other, haha!

I just had my second scan and I am 8 weeks and 3 days preggo and feeling all the symptoms one could feel, but the Doc said everything looks and sounds Great! Even heard the heartbeat, which makes it so much more real.

Don't give up, anything is possible... Thanks for venting to us... We are here for each other!!

How are you doing?

#4611 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • 63 posts
  • My Clinic:Prev RFP now VFC:)

Posted 21 August 2016 - 12:52 AM

Hi Kim-

So sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage (and the ones before:( so hard.

I decided to go for another fresh - will likely be Late sept/oct. our chances are not wonderful with multitude of fertility barriers- male factor, my age and test results and some uterine issues but I think I'd always regret not trying before window closes completely. I am on dhea and coq10 and a load of other stuff, just hoping and then trying to let go. Hoping for a fresh transfer and still have one remaining frozen embryo left -would love another frostie in case fresh didn't work and then have two embryos for a fet. I'm open to freeze all if things don't look ideal although have had some issues with fluid in frozen cycles since c section.

My FSH was 9 at 39 before last fresh. I had three high quality embryos on day three. Got pregnant with first one - baby grew to eight weeks but never had heartbeat. Could have been genetic or due to an adhesion later found in my uterus. Second transferred in June but was terrible fet cycle- had fluid until progesterone started and had bleeding after transfer. Was bfn. Haven't used last frozen embryo as have decided to do fresh first. But was happy getting three high quality embryos at 39.

Best of luck to you. Hope that your baby comes to you really soon. Hopefully us

#4612 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

Hi Kim-

So sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage (and the ones before:( so hard.

I decided to go for another fresh - will likely be Late sept/oct. our chances are not wonderful with multitude of fertility barriers- male factor, my age and test results and some uterine issues but I think I'd always regret not trying before window closes completely. I am on dhea and coq10 and a load of other stuff, just hoping and then trying to let go. Hoping for a fresh transfer and still have one remaining frozen embryo left -would love another frostie in case fresh didn't work and then have two embryos for a fet. I'm open to freeze all if things don't look ideal although have had some issues with fluid in frozen cycles since c section.

My FSH was 9 at 39 before last fresh. I had three high quality embryos on day three. Got pregnant with first one - baby grew to eight weeks but never had heartbeat. Could have been genetic or due to an adhesion later found in my uterus. Second transferred in June but was terrible fet cycle- had fluid until progesterone started and had bleeding after transfer. Was bfn. Haven't used last frozen embryo as have decided to do fresh first. But was happy getting three high quality embryos at 39.

Best of luck to you. Hope that your baby comes to you really soon. Hopefully us

NDO - good luck with your fresh cycle!! That sound like a good plan, getting in another fresh before trying a FET. I think I'd do the same thing. It's a terrible feeling that you're racing against the clock, but I keep reminding myself that there are loads of new moms in their 40's. I just have to look around my neighbourhood. Of course you never know how what their journey was like, but they are there!

How much CoQ10 are you taking and are you spacing it out throughout the day? Do you know what caused the adhesion? I was afraid of doing another D&C because of the risk of scaring. Luckily it happened naturally for me. 

#4613 RiseAbove

RiseAbove
  • Global 100+
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:09 AM

Rise

Hi Kim2, Welcome!!

How are you doing?

Hi Kim,

That's a good question, I have no idea what my FSH was at 40. I will look aback at my blood work and see if I was even tested back then.

I'm doing great! I finally passed the nausea and extreme fatigue stage... Phew!!!! That part was terrible.
I will be 14 weeks tomorrow! I will also be getting the test results for my 1st trimester blood screening along with results for the NT scan... Sooooo, everything rests in the news I will here tomorrow. Definitely sitting on pins and needles until then.

Happy to hear you got your cycle! Now you can move forward with the master plan!!

Nov 9, 2013:  IVF Cancelled due to Fibroid - Require Surgery  
Dec 13, 2013: Hysteroscopic Submucosal Fibroid Resection  Surgery
Jan 8, 2014:  Baseline Appointment/Start Suppression
Jan 10, 2014:  Start Stimms
Jan 15, 2014: 13 Follies
Jan 22, 2014: ER - 12 Eggs
Jan 23, 2014:  12 Matured, 7 Fertilized
Jan 27, 2014: ET - 4 Embies
 Jan 30, 2014:  th_abfp.gif
Feb 5, 2014: Beta - 360 (9DP5DT), Feb 7, 2014: Beta - 621 (11DP5DT), Feb 11, 2014: Beta - 1478 (15DP5DT), 
Feb 18, 2014: Beta - 3576 (22DP5DT), Feb 21, 2014: Beta - 4242 (25DP5DT)
March 4, 2014: 1st Ultrasound - 1 Little Bean
MC at 10 weeks 8388.gif
June 10th, 2016:  POAS - th_abfp.gif (Yaaaay)
June 14, 2016: Beta 454 (9DP5Dt), June 16: Beta 1498 (11DP5DT), June 23: Beta 18,708 (18DP5DT),  
June 28: 47,491 (23DP5DT), June 30: 61,343 (25DP5DT)
Ultrasound - July 6, 2016

SaveSave

#4614 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 11:56 PM

Hi Kim,

Im not sure what caused the adhesion. may have been from c section although my old clinic cleared me with shg before transfer. Possibly an infection from first fet when ttc #2? That's the worst part of ivf- not knowing what has gone wrong/why things don't work.

I take 200 ubiquinol 3x day for total 600. That is bio available form of coq10 and is high dose but my doc said can't take too much. I do dhea 3x25 mg for total 75Mg daily.

#4615 Kim2

Kim2
  • Global 100+
  • 364 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:27 AM

Rise above good luck and let us know how it goes! So happy to hear you are doing well. Gives me real hope.

Thanks Ndo! I'm taking 800-1000mg of CoQ10 but I'm feeling like I really should be taking Ubiquinol. 😕 It's hard not knowing what went wrong and if you'll ever get a different outcome. We can only try our best right.

#4616 StillHopingPGD

StillHopingPGD
  • Just Hatched
  • 19 posts
  • Dx:Genetic

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:39 PM

You are right...we can only try our best and hope for the best

#4617 ndo_inwaiting

ndo_inwaiting
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

Kim, that would not be it at all!!800-1000 is tons! Both coq10 and ubiquinol are great- you can just take less with ubiquinol because it's bio available. My doc suggests either 300 ubiquinol or 600 coq10 so you are above and beyond. And I think most of ivf outcome is related to factors outside of our control and that we need to be able to enjoy ourselves some (have a drink here and there) and trust that we have done what we can do.
  • Kim2 likes this