4303 replies to this topic

#4301 Sweets70

Sweets70
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility > Create

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

Hi Ladies.  As always, I am humbled by all the amazing support you provide...

So, I emailed my clinic with a list of questions about PGS testing, karyotype testing for DH, and timing.  My doctor said that she does not recommend PGS testing because of the thawing and re-freezing of embryos.  She really feels the embryos are good (I did DE cycle, 27 year old donor).  She recommends that I go ahead and do my FET following my next cycle - but still wants DH to test when he gets home, which will be after my FET.  So that part has me a bit confused.  

There is a part of me that wants to believe that she's right about PGS - it's so flippin' expensive and I really don't like the messing around with embryos.  But, do I wait until August to do my FET so we can test DH before we go forward?  Is there any point?  He provided his sample through PESA about 1.5 years ago.  We used that same sample for this past cycle - so it is what it is and things could have changed. 

I just provided about 10 viles of blood yesterday so they can test me for everything under the sun that may be causing me to miscarry.  I'll be meeting with my RE once the main results are back.  I can talk to her more about things then...

I'm so amazed...and, dare I say, a wee bit envious...of all you fortunate gals who have managed to have babies with OE.  So awesome! 

me 45, df (dear fiance) 45

Issue: age and vasectomy

February 2014 - IVF #1

Feb. 12: 11 eggs retrieved

Feb. 17: only 2 matured on day of transfer (transferred both), 1 matured on day 6 (snowbaby)

Mar. 03: Beta 90, Mar. 05: Beta 151, Mar. 07: Beta 298, Mar. 12: Beta 896, u/s showed nothing

Mar. 22: miscarried cry.gif

May 2014 - FET

May 16: Transfered 1 beautiful 6d frozen pea...PUPO! eusa_pray.gif

May 27: HPT = BFN. 

June 2014 - IVF #2 (last try)

June 18: 11 eggs retrieved

June 22: only 3 mature on retrieval day, transferred 1 morula + 2 other multinulceated

July 2: Beta 0

April 2015 - After much careful deliberation, decided to go forward with DE cycle

April 3:  Donor ER, 18 embies, 16 fertilized

April 8:  Transferred a single Grade 1BB blastocyst!

April 14: 6dp5dt HPT = BFP...cautiously optimistic!

April 20 17: First Beta: 173!!!!

April 19: Second Beta: 399

April 21: Third Beta: 993

April 25: Fourth Beta: 5,938...this is really happening!

May 4: First ultrasound - measuring on target and heartbeat 120 bpm! heart.gif

May 28: Fourth ultrasound - no heartbeat.  Our baby is gone...emptiness now fills me

#4302 westcoastmumma

westcoastmumma
  • Global 100+
  • 140 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

Sweets did you find anything out from your bloodwork? I had the recurrent miscarriage panel too and it didn't show anything. The clinic chalked it up to me being 42 and chromosome issues with my eggs.

Did you decide to go ahead with karyotype testing for DH? I'm curious why they recommended that for you since you already have your donor egg embryos. Are you thinking of doing another donor cycle? I really hope your remaining embryos bring you success. 

Summer 2014 - Spring 2015: Completed 3 IVF cycles with an ICSI and "freeze all" protocol resulted in 9 (day 3) embies ready for FET.

FET #1 Chemical

FET #2 Miscarriage 7 weeks

FET #3 TBD

July 6: u/s and bloodwork (recurrent miscarriage panel, hcg). 

Currently waiting for cycle to regulate before FET #3 attempt (Aug 2015?) 

#4303 Sweets70

Sweets70
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility > Create

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Still waiting for the results on my blood work.  Cost me a fortune, too. 

I don't see the point in doing karyotype testing on DH either.  Why the hell they didn't do it before we spent $20K on DE process is truly beyond me.  Trust me, this will be a question that I'll be asking when I have my follow up appointment!! 

No, we are much too old to ever consider another DE cycle.  Besides, I refuse to put another dime into this.  This is it.  Should the blood work be clear, and my discussion with my RE suggests that we should try again, we will do one FET and then we are done with trying to build a family.  Absolutely done. 

Sorry...as you can tell from my tone...I'm losing faith.  It's been nearly two months since our loss and it feels like a lifetime ago.

• westcoastmumma likes this

me 45, df (dear fiance) 45

Issue: age and vasectomy

February 2014 - IVF #1

Feb. 12: 11 eggs retrieved

Feb. 17: only 2 matured on day of transfer (transferred both), 1 matured on day 6 (snowbaby)

Mar. 03: Beta 90, Mar. 05: Beta 151, Mar. 07: Beta 298, Mar. 12: Beta 896, u/s showed nothing

Mar. 22: miscarried cry.gif

May 2014 - FET

May 16: Transfered 1 beautiful 6d frozen pea...PUPO! eusa_pray.gif

May 27: HPT = BFN. 

June 2014 - IVF #2 (last try)

June 18: 11 eggs retrieved

June 22: only 3 mature on retrieval day, transferred 1 morula + 2 other multinulceated

July 2: Beta 0

April 2015 - After much careful deliberation, decided to go forward with DE cycle

April 3:  Donor ER, 18 embies, 16 fertilized

April 8:  Transferred a single Grade 1BB blastocyst!

April 14: 6dp5dt HPT = BFP...cautiously optimistic!

April 20 17: First Beta: 173!!!!

April 19: Second Beta: 399

April 21: Third Beta: 993

April 25: Fourth Beta: 5,938...this is really happening!

May 4: First ultrasound - measuring on target and heartbeat 120 bpm! heart.gif

May 28: Fourth ultrasound - no heartbeat.  Our baby is gone...emptiness now fills me

#4304 westcoastmumma

westcoastmumma
  • Global 100+
  • 140 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I'm so sorry Sweets I know you are really struggling right now. Keeping the faith is difficult after so much disappointment.

At my clinic I asked for an immune panel to be done before we started IVF and they said I didn't need it. Then after 3 cycles (and a billion dollars) they do the panel. Frustrating. At least it all came back normal. So now here we are about to start a donor cycle and I asked for sperm analysis since hubs has to do another PESA. They said we don't need it. I am going to push because I don't want to spend another $20,000+ on a donor cycle without knowing if his sperm is an issue. I love our clinic and they are awesome I just wish there was more foresight and less afterthought without me having to be a pushy weirdo.

I am hoping so much that your blood work comes back normal and your last FET is a success. Big hugs to you. 

• Sweets70 likes this

Summer 2014 - Spring 2015: Completed 3 IVF cycles with an ICSI and "freeze all" protocol resulted in 9 (day 3) embies ready for FET.

FET #1 Chemical

FET #2 Miscarriage 7 weeks

FET #3 TBD

July 6: u/s and bloodwork (recurrent miscarriage panel, hcg). 

Currently waiting for cycle to regulate before FET #3 attempt (Aug 2015?)