4322 replies to this topic

#4301 Sweets70

Sweets70
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility > Create

Posted 29 June 2015 - 10:10 PM

Hi Ladies.  As always, I am humbled by all the amazing support you provide...

So, I emailed my clinic with a list of questions about PGS testing, karyotype testing for DH, and timing.  My doctor said that she does not recommend PGS testing because of the thawing and re-freezing of embryos.  She really feels the embryos are good (I did DE cycle, 27 year old donor).  She recommends that I go ahead and do my FET following my next cycle - but still wants DH to test when he gets home, which will be after my FET.  So that part has me a bit confused.  

There is a part of me that wants to believe that she's right about PGS - it's so flippin' expensive and I really don't like the messing around with embryos.  But, do I wait until August to do my FET so we can test DH before we go forward?  Is there any point?  He provided his sample through PESA about 1.5 years ago.  We used that same sample for this past cycle - so it is what it is and things could have changed. 

I just provided about 10 viles of blood yesterday so they can test me for everything under the sun that may be causing me to miscarry.  I'll be meeting with my RE once the main results are back.  I can talk to her more about things then...

I'm so amazed...and, dare I say, a wee bit envious...of all you fortunate gals who have managed to have babies with OE.  So awesome! 

me 45, df (dear fiance) 45

Issue: age and vasectomy

February 2014 - IVF #1

Feb. 12: 11 eggs retrieved

Feb. 17: only 2 matured on day of transfer (transferred both), 1 matured on day 6 (snowbaby)

Mar. 03: Beta 90, Mar. 05: Beta 151, Mar. 07: Beta 298, Mar. 12: Beta 896, u/s showed nothing

Mar. 22: miscarried cry.gif

May 2014 - FET

May 16: Transfered 1 beautiful 6d frozen pea...PUPO! eusa_pray.gif

May 27: HPT = BFN. 

June 2014 - IVF #2 (last try)

June 18: 11 eggs retrieved

June 22: only 3 mature on retrieval day, transferred 1 morula + 2 other multinulceated

July 2: Beta 0

April 2015 - After much careful deliberation, decided to go forward with DE cycle

April 3:  Donor ER, 18 embies, 16 fertilized

April 8:  Transferred a single Grade 1BB blastocyst!

April 14: 6dp5dt HPT = BFP...cautiously optimistic!

April 20 17: First Beta: 173!!!!

April 19: Second Beta: 399

April 21: Third Beta: 993

April 25: Fourth Beta: 5,938...this is really happening!

May 4: First ultrasound - measuring on target and heartbeat 120 bpm! heart.gif

May 28: Fourth ultrasound - no heartbeat.  Our baby is gone...emptiness now fills me

#4302 westcoastmumma

westcoastmumma
  • Global 100+
  • 142 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 23 July 2015 - 12:12 PM

Sweets did you find anything out from your bloodwork? I had the recurrent miscarriage panel too and it didn't show anything. The clinic chalked it up to me being 42 and chromosome issues with my eggs.

Did you decide to go ahead with karyotype testing for DH? I'm curious why they recommended that for you since you already have your donor egg embryos. Are you thinking of doing another donor cycle? I really hope your remaining embryos bring you success. 

Summer 2014 - Spring 2015: Completed 3 IVF cycles with an ICSI and "freeze all" protocol resulted in 9 (day 3) embies ready for FET.

FET #1 Chemical

FET #2 Miscarriage 7 weeks

FET #3 TBD

July 6: u/s and bloodwork (recurrent miscarriage panel, hcg). 

Currently waiting for cycle to regulate before FET #3 attempt (Aug 2015?) 

#4303 Sweets70

Sweets70
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts
  • My Clinic:Hannam Fertility > Create

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:02 AM

Still waiting for the results on my blood work.  Cost me a fortune, too. 

I don't see the point in doing karyotype testing on DH either.  Why the hell they didn't do it before we spent $20K on DE process is truly beyond me.  Trust me, this will be a question that I'll be asking when I have my follow up appointment!! 

No, we are much too old to ever consider another DE cycle.  Besides, I refuse to put another dime into this.  This is it.  Should the blood work be clear, and my discussion with my RE suggests that we should try again, we will do one FET and then we are done with trying to build a family.  Absolutely done. 

Sorry...as you can tell from my tone...I'm losing faith.  It's been nearly two months since our loss and it feels like a lifetime ago.

• westcoastmumma likes this

me 45, df (dear fiance) 45

Issue: age and vasectomy

February 2014 - IVF #1

Feb. 12: 11 eggs retrieved

Feb. 17: only 2 matured on day of transfer (transferred both), 1 matured on day 6 (snowbaby)

Mar. 03: Beta 90, Mar. 05: Beta 151, Mar. 07: Beta 298, Mar. 12: Beta 896, u/s showed nothing

Mar. 22: miscarried cry.gif

May 2014 - FET

May 16: Transfered 1 beautiful 6d frozen pea...PUPO! eusa_pray.gif

May 27: HPT = BFN. 

June 2014 - IVF #2 (last try)

June 18: 11 eggs retrieved

June 22: only 3 mature on retrieval day, transferred 1 morula + 2 other multinulceated

July 2: Beta 0

April 2015 - After much careful deliberation, decided to go forward with DE cycle

April 3:  Donor ER, 18 embies, 16 fertilized

April 8:  Transferred a single Grade 1BB blastocyst!

April 14: 6dp5dt HPT = BFP...cautiously optimistic!

April 20 17: First Beta: 173!!!!

April 19: Second Beta: 399

April 21: Third Beta: 993

April 25: Fourth Beta: 5,938...this is really happening!

May 4: First ultrasound - measuring on target and heartbeat 120 bpm! heart.gif

May 28: Fourth ultrasound - no heartbeat.  Our baby is gone...emptiness now fills me

#4304 westcoastmumma

westcoastmumma
  • Global 100+
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 01:00 PM

I'm so sorry Sweets I know you are really struggling right now. Keeping the faith is difficult after so much disappointment.

At my clinic I asked for an immune panel to be done before we started IVF and they said I didn't need it. Then after 3 cycles (and a billion dollars) they do the panel. Frustrating. At least it all came back normal. So now here we are about to start a donor cycle and I asked for sperm analysis since hubs has to do another PESA. They said we don't need it. I am going to push because I don't want to spend another $20,000+ on a donor cycle without knowing if his sperm is an issue. I love our clinic and they are awesome I just wish there was more foresight and less afterthought without me having to be a pushy weirdo.

I am hoping so much that your blood work comes back normal and your last FET is a success. Big hugs to you. 

• Sweets70 likes this

Summer 2014 - Spring 2015: Completed 3 IVF cycles with an ICSI and "freeze all" protocol resulted in 9 (day 3) embies ready for FET.

FET #1 Chemical

FET #3 TBD

#4305 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 356 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:McGill & Aurora

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:23 PM

Hi all,

Westcoastmumma I love your avatar  :)

Is anyone else here perimenopausal? i.e. irregular cycles, don't always ovulate.

If so, have you been recommended to use progesterone supplementation in your luteal phase?

If so - Just wondering if anyone can share their experiences / preferences of Prometrium oral vs. vaginal? In the past I used Crinone vaginally and hated it - the buildup and it caused itching for me. I refuse to use it again. I have just started on Prometrium, not during a treatment cycle though - I'm going to be using it in natural cycles when I don't ovulate, to prevent issues with uterine lining and potentially cancer that can apparently occur from the lack of progesterone due to the lack of ovulation to produce that progesterone. Anyways, so far I've just used it orally for a few days and have become very drowsy so I'm planning to switch to vaginal as I've read that it can cause less side effects as it doesn't process through the liver and whole body (not sure if this is correct). I'm just hoping it won't cause any irritation or itching. I'm prone to yeast infections so I'm nervous to mess with the natural balance 'down there'. I've also been doing a lot of reading about the microbiome and the balance of the vaginal microflora is apparently very important and I wish I knew if the Prometrium is going to help or hinder that. I was also hoping to use oral so as not to interfere with sexual activity, as I'm not sure if it will cause any scent/taste/etc. (sorry if TMI).

Thx for any thoughts/info.

We are 40+ and TTC: 5 yrs. Dx: DOR, Endometriosis

IUI & IVFx2 = BFN

Next steps: Another lap to remove new hydrosalpinx on remaining tube. Immune testing?

Froze my eggs when I was 37 & plan to use them after the above is complete.

Facebook: facebook.com/aquablueglow

Follow me: @aquablueglow

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/aquablueglow

Saskatoon Infertility Support Group

SK Pelvic Pain & EndometriosisWarriors Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/saskendosisters

#4306 Baby 4 Millers

Baby 4 Millers
  • 1000+
  • 1,013 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 04 August 2015 - 12:39 PM

Hi everyone. Just a quick intro as I will be lurking. Starting on the coQ and DHEA. Hubby 44 and I'm 42.
  • Highest hopes likes this
Me 39DH 41TTC 6 years
No luck with clomid & IUI
January 2012 dx and start DHEA
May start first round IVF: 450 gonal-f and 150 luverisMay 25 11follicles!!!May 26 15 folliclesMay 31 hcg injectionJune 1 ER 18 eggs, 11 appear matureJune 3 7 embryos but are still only 2 cellsJune 4 ET 3 embryos. No embryos to freezeJune 17 hpt BFP. My DH's first Fathers Day!June 19 Beta 249July 6 Two egg sacs and one with a baby with a heartbeat!
February 20, 2013 baby boy born

#4307 Sunshine124

Sunshine124
  • 81 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:RFC

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:33 PM

Sorry Highest Hopes I can't answer any of your questions but I hope you can get the medications sorted out. I've only ever done PIO and don't really remember any side effects.

Hi Baby 4 Millers, are you new to the IF world? Just getting started on IVF or FET? I'm trying for baby #2 hopefully next month with an FET. Just waiting for AF and hopefully I an get started.
  • Highest hopes likes this

Me: 46, SMBC with DS - 20 months (16.5 months adjusted)

Hoping for FET #3 soon - consult July 8th went well

July 16th - HSG went well

July 22nd - Called in AF

July 27th - Embies being shipped from US to Canada

July 28th - Frosties arrived and are safely in storage <3

Waiting .... for next AF (FX for an offer!)

#4308 Baby 4 Millers

Baby 4 Millers
  • 1000+
  • 1,013 posts
  • My Clinic:Calgary

Posted 05 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Good morning Sunshind :-) We conceived our son (now almost 2.5) with IVF. We have no surviving embryos so starting from scratch. It will be different this time with little Boo around as we have to live 8 hours away during the process. Wishing you lots of luck.
Me 39DH 41TTC 6 years
No luck with clomid & IUI
January 2012 dx and start DHEA
May start first round IVF: 450 gonal-f and 150 luverisMay 25 11follicles!!!May 26 15 folliclesMay 31 hcg injectionJune 1 ER 18 eggs, 11 appear matureJune 3 7 embryos but are still only 2 cellsJune 4 ET 3 embryos. No embryos to freezeJune 17 hpt BFP. My DH's first Fathers Day!June 19 Beta 249July 6 Two egg sacs and one with a baby with a heartbeat!
February 20, 2013 baby boy born

#4309 westcoastmumma

westcoastmumma
  • Global 100+
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:36 AM

HighestHopes - I have super regular cycles still, every 28 days, so I can't speak to that. But I have taken prometrium several times now. It's messy so I use liners and switch them up through the day. The first time I had some sensitivity but nothing too bad. They melt away within a few hours. As for sex it just seemed to work out that I would be between doses. It's easily absorbed into the body. I did have low-grade nausea the whole time though. Totally off food and feeling sick all the time. I haven't taken PIO but intramuscular injections are more painful than subQ so I would rather put up with the messiness of prometrium. I suspect there would be nausea with either. Good luck with your cycle! 

Welcome Baby4Millers! 

Updated to add: I inserted two tabs of prometrium three times a day and also took one orally twice a day so there was lots going on in there. Not sure what your doses are but probably fewer issues with a lower dosage. 

FET #1 Chemical

FET #3 TBD

#4310 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 4,367 posts
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 06 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

I've done progesterone just about every way it can be done and have never found any delivery mode to be terrible.  The PIO shots hurt, but that can be mitigated by icing the injection site, warming the oil pre-injection, and ensuring you're hitting high enough on the buttock to get muscle rather than fatty tissue over muscle.  You can also get a topical anesthetic cream to reduce some of the pain if that's the way you want to go.

I didn't find the prometrium particularly messy - no liners need here - but it may be that some people just absorb differently.  I also didn't have the cottage cheese issue that some have reported with crinone.

The only side effect I had from progesterone was fatigue, but if you check the package insert, there are a whole host of potential side effects including nausea. Which, if any, you get is dependent on your own individual reaction to increased levels of progesterone.

Sex generally wasn't much of an issue since I did most of my cycles on my own with hubs showing up for the retrieval only but like WCM noted, if you put the insert in in the morning, it's pretty much gone by evening and you can always wait to insert until after, if morning is more your schedule.

Still 29 days with detectable ovulation here so can't help re the perimenopausal thing yet.  I'm sure that's on the horizon though.

Fingers crossed all!

The plural of anecdote is not data.  

#4311 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • Global 100+
  • 129 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis/VFC

Posted 06 August 2015 - 04:10 PM

Highest Hopes, I did my prometrium by injection.  I started with vaginal but had an allergic reaction.  I'm prone to yeast infections too so at first I thought that was what it was, but my RE had a look and it was an allergic reaction.  It took a good 5 or 6 weeks to go away and I still wonder if it contributed to my BFN.  I didn't mind the oral but my current clinic believes the PIO is better than oral.  I didn't actually find it that painful either, maybe I got lucky!  If I do another cycle I'll ask for the injections. 

Me 41, DH 41

TTC since December 2004

- multiple surgeries in 2007 - 2008 to find and correct 'the problem' (never did find the problem)

- 12 failed IUI's in 2008 - 2009 (some medicated, some not)

- successful IVF/ICSI in 2010 (DS born in 2011).  11 follicles, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5 blasts; 4AB, 4BB and 4BB.  Transferred 4AB and 4BB and froze one 4BB.

- failed FET in Nov 2014 - day 5 blast (4BB) didn't survive the freeze/thaw process (before vitrification)

- failed IVF/ICSI (#2) in Dec 2014 - poor response, only 3 follies (with very high drug doses).  None survived to transfer.

- IVF/ICSI (#3) in March 2014 at VFC.  12 follicles, 5 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized.  2 to transfer on day 3, both grade 17 on VFC's scale.  Transferred on March 24th, in the 2ww!

- April 7/15 - had my beta this morning.  HCG = 1 = BFN  sad.png

- IVF cycle (#4) in May 2015 is a bust.  4 of my 6 follicles vanished, so we had to cancel.  Ugh. 

#4312 44vr

44vr
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 04:34 PM

I am 44 with AMH at 1.65 which recently dropped from 2.85 just in the last 3 months. I got pregnant naturally twice in the last 18 months and had miscarriages. So my issue is not the quantity I think it is the quality because of my age. We are starting IVF this cycle and am crossing my fingers to get at least some quality eggs in this process. I know the chances are very low but I am trying to be positive. Doctor said no PGD at this time as no one knows how many follicles I may have and he doesn't want to take the risk of the very good few embryos I may have with that process. So we are just hoping and praying.

Me 44y DH 37, New York 

Started TTC 12/2013

1st natural pregnancy 3/2014 at 42yrs10m AMH 2.85

Miscarriage 5w2days

2nd natural pregnancy 1/2015 at 43y8m

Heartbeat stopped at 8 weeks D&C at 8 weeks 3 days 2/2015

First IVF started 8/2015 at 44y2m AMH 1.65

day 1 stims started 8/17 Estradiol 58 FSH 12.2

day 4 stims 3 follicles - Left -10.5 Right - 8, 7- Estradiol 91

day 7 stims 4 follicles - Left - 14 Right - 11.5, 9.5, 7.5 Estradiol 281

day 8 stims 5 follicles - Left - 17 Right - 12, 10.5, 9, 8 Estradiol 471

Egg Retrieval 8/26 CD12 and 8days of stims - 2 Eggs retrieved

8/27 - 1 fertilized - Will know tomorrow if it stops growing or if we proceed for transfer

#4313 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • Global 100+
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

good luck 44vr!

Me 41, DH 41

TTC since December 2004

- multiple surgeries in 2007 - 2008 to find and correct 'the problem' (never did find the problem)

- successful IVF/ICSI in 2010 (DS born in 2011).  11 follicles, 9 mature, 7 fertilized, 3 made it to day 5 blasts; 4AB, 4BB and 4BB.  Transferred 4AB and 4BB and froze one 4BB.

- failed FET in Nov 2014 - day 5 blast (4BB) didn't survive the freeze/thaw process (before vitrification)

- failed IVF/ICSI (#2) in Dec 2014 - poor response, only 3 follies (with very high drug doses).  None survived to transfer.

- IVF/ICSI (#3) in March 2014 at VFC.  12 follicles, 5 retrieved, 4 mature, 3 fertilized.  2 to transfer on day 3, both grade 17 on VFC's scale.  Transferred on March 24th, in the 2ww!

- IVF cycle (#4) in May 2015 is a bust.  4 of my 6 follicles vanished, so we had to cancel.  Ugh. 

#4314 momijimummy

momijimummy
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Genea

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:19 AM

I am 46  years old and 15 week pregnant with DEIVF it has taken 4 years to get here after a stillbirth at 20 weeks and numerous miscarriages I also have immuno issues and adenomyosis.

Chase you dream and give it your 100% 

• EverHopefull! and westcoastmumma like this

#4315 44vr

44vr
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:02 PM

Thank you for your wishes Everhopeful and Momijimummy. Congrats momiji. 

I just went for a FSH blood test and an ultrasound on Day 3.  I am starting stims today. Estradol is 58 and FSH 12.2. Doctor during ultrasound mentioned he saw about 3-4 follicles. Does it mean I will only have 3-4 for them to work with in this cycle? Or will the stims increase that number and I will have more follicles? 

Me 44y DH 37, New York 

Started TTC 12/2013

Miscarriage 5w2days

8/27 - 1 fertilized - Will know tomorrow if it stops growing or if we proceed for transfer

#4316 EverHopefull!

EverHopefull!
  • Global 100+
  • 129 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 02:27 PM

It could mean either 44vr.  Sometimes I started with 3 or 4 follicles and ended with that same number, and sometimes I started with 2 and ended up with 11.  One time I started with 6 and ended with 2, which I didn't even know was possible.  Once you do a few days of stims you'll have a better idea of what you're working with. 

Me 41, DH 41

TTC since December 2004

#4317 t-bird

t-bird
  • 49 posts
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 17 August 2015 - 05:27 PM

Don't let your number of follicles get you down. I had three eggs retrieved, two fertilized and now I'm pregnant with one baby :)

• annebananamarie, lumnay, EverHopefull! and 1 other like this

May/June 2015 - First time IVF @ 43 years old. AMH 1.05, FSH 7

16/05 - 9 antrals on Day 2

01/06 - 3 eggs Retrieved

03/06 - 2 eggs fertilized (2 cell & 4 cell)

04/06 - Transfer two embryos (4 cell & 5 cell)

19/06 - BFP!! Beta 872

#4318 44vr

44vr
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 August 2015 - 01:44 PM

Wow. You are so lucky t-bird and I am so happy for you. Such a good success story. 3 measurable follicles today. Day 6 of cycle and day 4 of stimulation. One on left is at 10.5 and two on right are at 7 and 8. They said its looking good for day 4 stims. Just really praying something good will come out of it. If not I guess I can say I tried it.

• t-bird likes this

Me 44y DH 37, New York 

Started TTC 12/2013

Miscarriage 5w2days

#4319 Plumeria05

Plumeria05
  • Just Hatched
  • 3 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:USA

Posted 22 August 2015 - 02:26 PM

Hello everyone. So glad there's more people than I thought are going through the same thing I am. I'm 41 and currently going through the second round of IVF. Last month there were only 2 eggs that were retrieved and both didn't make it past day 5. I fell into depression and had nobody to talk to. My husband didn't understand the emotional part of it. Here we are going through round 2. Had my retrieval yesterday and again, only 2 eggs were retrieved but only ONE fertilized according to the fertilization report I got a little while ago. Now I'm trying to stay positive but can't help that nagging reality feeling in the back.

I am glad to see that I'm not the only one going through this. It's hard. It sucks but we all have to stay strong and think positive :)
💛💛💛💛💛

#4320 44vr

44vr
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

Hello Plumeria05, welcome and good luck. Let us know how it goes. We are here to support you emotionally in whatever way you want.

I went for US today on Day 7 Stim. They saw 4 follicles, largest being 14.4 and said will call after the blood test results. Based on my estradiol level they will determine to take the trigger shot today or not. Nurse called and said Estradiol is 200+ (I can't remember the exact, will ask tomorrow). She said it is growing nice and to come back for US again tomorrow and we are not taking the trigger today. From what I remember the other follicles are not too big. I think they ranged from 7.5 to 10.5. I didn't think they would retrieve if they are still so small. Is it because my dominant one is already bigger?

Me 44y DH 37, New York 

Started TTC 12/2013

Miscarriage 5w2days

#4321 AMexicanInHamilton

AMexicanInHamilton
  • 26 posts
  • My Clinic:HART

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:53 PM

I am 44, TTC first child for 6.5 years. I've had two m/c's so far and I am in the TWW for IUI#5. I had ONE follicle and hubby's sperm count was 27 million post wash. Fingers Crossed and Good Luck to all of you!!!

Me: 44, DH, 56

TTC first child for both of us since April 2009

September 2010 – Parlodel, BFP, m/c 5w

January 2011 referred to the Hannam centre (Toronto), all tests were great: Dx: Unexplained. After a few days the called me to say they forgot to tell me I had a polyp (about 1mm) and I needed a hysteroscopy. My own doctor in Mexico City said I was perfect and the polyp was too small to matter.

August, 2013 – Omifin + IUI#1 (Mexico City) with sex selection (after all, everything was supposed to be perfect, and we both would prefer a girl if possible...), BFN

July, 2014 – Omifin + IUI#2 (Mexico City, no sex selection, this time I had an injection to trigger ovulation 36 hrs before IUI) BFP, 7w U/S slow heart beat, 8w U/S no heart beat, m/c 9w

April 6, 2015 – Omifin + IUI#3 (Xalapa, Veracruz) had the injection to trigger (also 36 hrs before IUI) but the day of the IUI it turned out that the sample had a low sperm count (2 million), BFN

I became 44 on the 8th of July.

July 27, 2015 - Letrozole + injectables + trigger (12 hrs before IUI) IUI#4 (Hamilton, Ontario) I had 5 good follicles and hubby's sperm count was 18.5 million post wash. BFN!!!

August 22, 2015 - Letrozole + (a lot less) injections + trigger (Hamilton, Ontario) IUI#5. I had ONE (bigger) follicle and hubby's sperm count was 27 million post wash!!! Fingers Crossed!!

#4322 Sunshine124

Sunshine124
  • 81 posts
  • My Clinic:RFC

Posted 26 August 2015 - 03:07 PM

FX AMexicaninHamilton!  I'll be wishing you lots of good vibes for success!

Sending lots of good luck, sticky vibes and baby dust to those doing IVF, FET's and the ladies that are pregnant. 

I'm still waiting on my clinic to offer an FET.  If I had known it would take months for them to even offer a cycle I would have chose somewhere else.  I know they're busy but mine is pretty simple, I live 8 hours away so I would only go in for transfer.  One hour!  So frustrated and discouraged right now that it probably wouldn't work anyway. :( 

Me: 46, SMBC with DS - 20 months (16.5 months adjusted)

Hoping for FET #3 soon - consult July 8th went well

July 16th - HSG went well

July 22nd - Called in AF

July 27th - Embies being shipped from US to Canada

July 28th - Frosties arrived and are safely in storage <3

Waiting .... for next AF (FX for an offer!)

#4323 44vr

44vr
  • Just Hatched
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:02 PM

Good luck AMexicaninHamilton. Sunshine124 I can't believe it. Hope you will get an appointment soon.

I went for retrieval today. CD12 and 8 days of stim. Two eggs retrieved. Terrified till tomorrow to see if they will fertilize. We are doing ICSI. If fertilized, transfer is scheduled for 28th, a day 2 transfer. At this point, I am feeling hopeless and even if I become pregnant terrified that the embroys won't be of good quality. As you can see, I was able to get pregnant naturally but they didn't last because of abnormalities. So with only two eggs retrieved I feel hopeless.

Me 44y DH 37, New York 

Started TTC 12/2013

Miscarriage 5w2days