4618 replies to this topic

#4251 Trish

Trish
  • Global 100+
  • 830 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Program Calgary

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:50 AM

We are waiting to get a referral for our 2nd IVF. I just turned 41 2 days ago. We have a 6 year old dd from our 1st IVF!
Hope it doesn't take too long to get in to speak to Drs & get on wait list.
Is any one else here waiting for referral?
Me 37 Dh 39
TTC 17 yrs
PCOS & M/F
BFP Naturally 1993 m/c at 12 wks
Many BFN Clomid / IUI's
1st IVF/ICSI Nov 28th, 2007
BFP+ BFP+ BFP+ BFP+
IT'S TWINS!!!
M/C one twin @ 7wks, very scary & SAD TIME :(
Emergency u/s @ 7wks shows one very healthy little love bug!!! :) THANK YOU GOD!! phew, thought our dreams were over, mourning the loss of our love bugs twin brother or sister :(
SO VERY THANKFUL OUR LOVE BUG IS A STRONG ONE!
OUR PRAYERS HAVE FINALLY BEEN ANSWERED!!
EDD August 18th 2008
IT'S A VERY HEALTHY BABY GIRL!!
Born right on her due date!! Aug 18th, 2008 9lbs 6oz 20in SHE'S PERFECT!!! SOOOOOO IN LOVE!!!!!

<center><embed src="http://www.widdlytin...hdayticker.swf" FlashVars="t1=&t2=Our miracle baby is&b=2&c=0xFF00CC&f=28&y=2008&m=8&d=18" quality="high" wmode="transparent" width="430" height="115" name="Pregnancy Ticker" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="samedomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedi...getflashplayer" /></embed><br><a href="http://www.widdlytin....com/">Birthday Tickers from WiddlyTinks.com</a></center>

~*FET #1*~
3 Frosties waiting for Mommy, Daddy & Big Sis to be!! Finger's crossed
Feb 1st ~ We are on the WAITLIST!!! Oh my, can't believe this is happening!
Feb 12th ~ AF #1
Feb 17th ~ HSG everything is perfect, we're good to go!!
Mar 8th ~ Pelvic u/s
Mar 10th ~ AF #2
Mar 17th ~ WOO HOO!!! GOT THE CALL!!! Surprisingly after only 2 AF's!!
Mar 29th ~ Start Suprefact & 81mg ASA!
Apr 13th ~ Start Estrace & Doxycycline
Apr 26th ~ U/S to check lining
May 3rd ~ TRANSFER DAY TODAY!! Transferring 2 beautiful frosties!
May 18th ~ Beta BFN :'(

#4252 alma2

alma2
  • 5 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:MUC

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:27 PM

Hi ladies,

I am 42, new here and so glad to have found this forum.  I've been very late to start my fertility treatments and initially wasted quite a bit of time on IUI, unfortunately.

My first two cycles of IVF/ICSI were unsuccessful.

I am about to start my third cycle.  The plan is to proceed just as in cycle 2: BCP, then 300iu Menopur for about 10 days.

I am worried that this protocol is not sufficiently aggressive given that I am a low responder (only 2 follicles in IVF #1, and 3 follicles during IVF #2) with DOR and low AMH.

I would really appreciate to learn what kind of protocols have been used in women over 40 with DOR who got pregnant. Or is there a more suitable place to post this question?

Thank you all so much,

Alma

• Highest hopes likes this

me: 42, soon to be 43, DW: 36, both TTC, me with IVF, DW with IUI (she had a BFP on second try but mc and is now trying again in the next cycle)

my story:

2014: 7IUIs- all negative

12/14: IVF#1 300iu menopur for 10 days; orgalutran last 5 days, cancelled (no eggs retrieved)

02/15: IVF#2: BCP month before IVF cycle, 300iu menopur for 10 days, orgalutran last 5 days,

1 egg retrieved, fertilized but BFN

03/15: starting IVF#3

#4253 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

FWIW, I never had BCP included in my protocols. My REs tended to think it would over suppress my ovaries and lead to fewer eggs.

Fingers crossed for you!

• Yearning likes this
The plural of anecdote is not data.

Charity gives a meal; justice provides a place at the table.

#4254 alma2

alma2
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:40 AM

thank you, mouse, that's definitely helpful to know.  May I also ask about the approximate dosage of your stimulation meds?  

It seems like the 300iu I am receiving are rather low compared to what I have found here so far.

Thanks again!

Alma

me: 42, soon to be 43, DW: 36, both TTC, me with IVF, DW with IUI (she had a BFP on second try but mc and is now trying again in the next cycle)

my story:

12/14: IVF#1 300iu menopur for 10 days; orgalutran last 5 days, cancelled (no eggs retrieved)

02/15: IVF#2: BCP month before IVF cycle, 300iu menopur for 10 days, orgalutran last 5 days,

#4255 NYCdaenerys

NYCdaenerys
  • Global 100+
  • 117 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Cornell

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:31 PM

Alma - I am on my third cycle of the co-flare protocol. Before that I did a cycle that was cancelled due to lack of development.  My doctor has been happy with the results.  I just transferred on Sunday - there were 9 eggs, 8 were mature and 4 fertilized. The meds I start with are no suppression (which surprises my RE), then .2 lupron, decrease to .1 and add in 450 Follistim and 150 Menopur and the Follistim gets dialed down according to how strong my response is. Good luck!  He thinks it's just finding a good egg - hopefully there is one.

Hi mouse!

Me - 44 43, uterine fibroids (removed 8/19 and lost 8 lbs!), DH - 43 and perfect.

Finally fell in love at 40 and married at 43. Late bloomer.

Didn't plan on it, got pregnant then miscarried 7/13. That got us thinking! TTC for 3 months (while planning our wedding). Married 12/13.

IVF 1.0: 1/14, an aggressive protocol because of my age and low AMH. GULP. Started estrogen patch pre-cycle. 300 Gonal 300 Menopur. No follie development AT ALL. Cycle canceled. RE tells us it doesn't look good, maybe try one more cycle.

IVF 1.5: Apr/May 2014 Flare Protocol with acupuncture. .2 Microdose Lupron 2x/day, 450 Gonal 150 Menopur - took this very seriously and followed all rules that I was lax with on IVF #1. All meds within at least 30min of 10PM. Cut out caffeine, alcohol, exercise and commuting by bike.  Start BC pills on Day 2 of period. Started acupuncture 1 wk after stimming.

Retrieved 3 mature eggs, 2 immature. 3 mature eggs fertilized with ICSI, BFP on 5/18.

June 25 miscarriage, D&C on June 26 for remaining tissue

Myomectomy - Aug 2014 removed 2 large uterine fibroids - need to rest uterus for 3 months.

IVF #2 - Aug/Sept 2014 freeze all cycle, co-flare protocol. Estrogen patches, .1 Lupron, 450 Gonal 150 Menopur. 12 days of stim. Retrieved 5 mature eggs and fertilized 2.

IVF #3 - Sept 2014 (back to back) another freeze all cycle. Co-flare protocol. Missed the suppression period, but everything looked ok so started .2 Lupron 9/18, then added 450 Gonal 150 Menopur. Dropped to .1 Lupron, 300 Gonal 150 Menopure. 9 days of stim. Retrieved 10 eggs, 7 mature, 4 fertilized.

IVF #4 - Oct 2014 (back to back) another freeze all cycle. Didn't suppress so we left it to my body to see if we did the cycle or not. Good numbers so started .2 Lupron 10/9, then added 450 Gonal 150 Menopur. 15 days of stim. Retrieved 5 eggs, 4 mature, 4 fertilized.

IVF #5 - Nov 2014 (back to back) Co-flare protocol, this time fresh! Didn't suppress again and everything looked good so started .2 Lupron 11/5, then aded 450 Gonal 150 Menopur. 13 days of stim. Retrieved 9 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized. 12/4 Beta 75, E2 72.8, P4 34.1 12/6 Beta 193, E2 296, P4 32.

#4256 SunshineTTC

SunshineTTC
  • 1000+
  • 1037 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:48 PM

Similar to Mouse, no BCP for me, over-suppression.  But I've used much lower meds also, i.e. "mini-IVF". Higher doses did nothing more for me vs. lower doses, therefore waste of money.  As in, if you normally ovulate on your own, and then got only 1 egg with 300 IU meds... you pretty much wasted $300/day.  If you do start with BCP suppression, then you do have to go with higher doses of meds to counter that suppression.  If I'm to try 1 last cycle, my RE did say he would up the doses in a "give it our all, nothing to lose, no regrets" last ditch effort just in case it suddenly makes a difference. 

Me: 40 41 42 43 44 45, single, FSH 6, LH 2 (FSH not high, but exceeded 2:1 ratio), DOR (AFC 5-7, v.low AMH), all else normal/healthy.

After a difficult 6 year journey of everything going wrong, amazing baby boy born Dec 2018.  Donor sperm + DEB-USA donor eggs.  Detailed journey in 'about me'.

#4257 alma2

alma2
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 02:56 PM

Thanks, NYCdaernerys and SunshineTTC, so much your replies and the helpful information.  And yes, totally agreed-- one just needs to find this *one* good egg!

I believe that my doctor started the bcp because in the first IVF cycle my ovulation wasn't sufficiently suppressed and the follicles were already luteinized when trying to retrieve the eggs.  But I should definitely ask him about this.

@NYCdaernerys: it sounds like your protocol is working really well.  That's great!  Wishing you best of luck that it will be positive.

I will definitely ask about this protocol.

@SunshineTTC: thanks a lot, that's really good to know.  Yes, my doctor also says that higher doses would only make me spend more $$$ but we haven't tried higher doses, so I don't know how I would respond.  If it helps I'd definitely be willing to spend more.  Right now, I feel like I am pretty close to this 1 last cycle mindset...

Also, you mention that you took DHEA at some point.  May I ask why you stopped this?  I've been hearing about DHEA or testosterone patches that apparently improve the quality of the eggs and increase live birth rates such that I was thinking of asking whether this could be added as well.

Thanks again so much for your help,

Alma

my story:

#4258 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 03:42 PM

I looked through a bunch of old posts yesterday to see if I could find my doses but so far no luck. I was 43 (nearly 44) at the time we first tried IVF and 48 for my last. 

For the first attempt, I took Menopur, Gonal F and Bravelle with Ganerelix added after a couple of days.  I also had 3 days of dexamethasone between retrieval and transfer. I had 7 mature eggs, 4 fertilized but one lost it's polar body so we transferred 3 on day 3 and got a BFN

For my second attempt, I had a timed single shot of Cetrotide then started on Bravelle, Gonal, and Menopur again, with Ganerelix again after a couple of days and the dex in between ER and ET.  My doses were higher for the second attempt than for the first but not outrageous.  We again had 7 mature eggs, all 7 fertilized so we transferred the best 4 on day3 and watched the remaining 3 to see if they'd be good enough to freeze.  Unfortunately my clinic has stringent freezing criteria and even though the 3 would have been good enough for transfer, my clinic said they had too much fragmentation to freeze.  We initially had  3 sacs, then 2 babes, one with a slow heart beat, resulting in one perfect take home baby.

My most recent attempt was largely similar although doses may have been higher again. I had 4 eggs (expected only 2), all fertilized and developed to day 3normally and were transferred but we ended up with another ectopic.

I was on DHEA for about 5 months leading up to my first attempt and had worsening FSH and AFC while on it. I actually had to stop taking it due to chest pain and heart arrhythmia.  Turns out many REs that work with older gals don't think it's useful for the over 35-40s (or for those with diminished ovarian reserve or PCOS) and that even for younger women it only helps if natural levels are less than optimal. Otherwise it may actually hinder egg development. Also, since some of the side effects can be serious and permanent,  it's wise to be sure your levels are monitored throughout.

http://haveababy.com/fertility-information/ivf-authority/dhea-and-ivf-harmful-in-certain-cases 

Hi NYC!

#4259 alma2

alma2
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

mouse, thank you so much for the detailed information, and particularly the warning about DHEA.  I had looked at a few studies that either reported improvement or no difference but I didn't come across anything saying it could actually hurt success of treatment.  So, that's really good to be aware of.

I am so happy for you that it worked out for you-- though you make the point that it's 'only' an anecdote it still makes people like me hopeful.

Anyhow, thanks again,

Alma

my story:

#4260 Corine

Corine
  • 38 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:KRFC/Olive

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:08 AM

Hi ladies,

I am 42, new here and so glad to have found this forum.  I've been very late to start my fertility treatments and initially wasted quite a bit of time on IUI, unfortunately.

I am about to start my third cycle.  The plan is to proceed just as in cycle 2: BCP, then 300iu Menopur for about 10 days.

I am worried that this protocol is not sufficiently aggressive given that I am a low responder (only 2 follicles in IVF #1, and 3 follicles during IVF #2) with DOR and low AMH.

I would really appreciate to learn what kind of protocols have been used in women over 40 with DOR who got pregnant. Or is there a more suitable place to post this question?

Thank you all so much,

Alma

Hi Alma,

I'm 39 and starting my second cycle of IVF/ICSI.  My Dr. is trying a couple of new meds with me this cycle to try and improve egg number and quality: 7 days of Saizen for priming before AF and then for the stimming I'll be using Puregon instead of Bravelle but the same dosage (225).  I'll be using Menopur (225-same as before) and Orgalutron again, also. I also started taking DHEA (75 mg) daily more than a month ago as this is supposed to help as well. My first cycle I ended up with 5 embryos but only two made it for transfer.  So, we'll see if this works any better than the first time with the new meds.  I hope this info helps.  Feel free to connect with me to chat or just support each other.  It's not easy going through all this!

Corine

Corine

#4261 hopeforever

hopeforever
  • Global 100+
  • 259 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:36 AM

Good morning everyone. Thanks to all who have shared their stories. I am 41 and my DH had a PESA last spring due to a vasectomy years ago. Successfully froze several straws. Since then we completed 3 IVF cycles with an ICSI and "freeze all" protocol. First cycle 4 eggs retrieved and 4 good quality frozen embies. Second cycle 2 retrieved and 2 good quality frozen. Third cycle last month we retrieved 3 and 3 good quality frozen. We now have 9 (day 3) embies ready for FET. Currently waiting one month to clear my body of the stims before first attempt at a FET next month. Taking prenatals with 5mg folic acid, vitamin D, CoQ10, and Omega 3. FET protocol is 2mg estrace 3xday until transfer, then prometrium (not sure dose yet). Like lots of you I have done so much reading, worrying and analyzing that my head is swimming. We have decided to stop all of the researching and relax as best as possible. Trying to create a calm environment and let our RE and team manage all of the science. I've been doing acupuncture and meditation as much as possible and getting outside when the weather is nice. Focusing on deep breathing when I feel the worry creeping in. RE wants to transfer 3 embies on our first FET attempt next month. It's starting to feel so real. Quite excited! 

#4262 sherrylynnne

sherrylynnne
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Ottawa Fertility Clinic

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:27 PM

Hi Everyone 

I am new to blogging but will give this shot. Me and my husband found each other later in life. First marriage no children. Married July 12, 2014 and we have been trying since May of 2014 to conceive. We just had our follow up meeting at the Ottawa Fertility Clinic. The results were hopeful, however have more questions now than ever. 

We are both overweight and the Dr. said it will be more challenging getting pregnant. He wanted me to look into Bariatric surgery. I'm 41 now and according to the info I have seen even if I did attempt the surgery, you can not get pregnant in the first 2 years.  Anyone else feel like they are on a time crunch ?

I am wondering if anyone finds it hard to keep positive and not stressed about ovulation time and making sure you hit all those days.  Seems like a job sometimes lol  

Look forward to getting to know people with the same struggles as me 

Sherry 

#4263 elbedford

elbedford
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted 13 March 2015 - 09:53 PM

Hello Ladies,

Looking for our one golden egg too and a bit of support through this process - as i am feeling a bit wobbly today :( 

After 3 failed IVF attempts I conceived naturally and gave birth to my DS 09/01/13 at age 44 yrs 6 months.  I also have a 16 year old DD.

Have done 2 rounds after birth of my baby with no success - only one or two eggs retrieved, none fertilised well. We would so love one more babe.

I am now on Day 7 of stims (Pergoveris), after about 2 weeks of downreg with Suprecur - at 2nd appointment yesterday had only 3 follies (saw possible 6 at first appt).

Going back in 2 days for another inspection.

After a break I am trying DHEA, CoQ10, fish oils, etc for this round - seems to have made no difference to quantity - will have to see about quality.

Thanks ladies,

Me 46

DH 47

DD 03/14/98

DS 09/01/13

#4264 MeAgain101

MeAgain101
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:43 AM

Hi ladies,

Thank you all so much,

Alma

We did estrogen priming protocol ... I have DOR.. Very aggressive meds Gonal F 450iu per day with 75 menopur - I had one follicle, one egg, fertilized naturally (no ICSI) and he is now 7mo old :)
It also used Medrol 16mg for 5 days starting 2 days prior to ER - a steriod I totally believe in .. For me.. The cycle that failed I didn't get it.. Two cycles I took, they worked :)

#4265 #3@44

#3@44
  • Cyclebase
  • 492 posts
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:13 AM

I had a successful round at age 43 (gave birth at 44).  Used 450 total units for each round and always used BCP.  For last (successful) cycle, I also did an endo biopsy.  Good luck to all.

Me - 44, DH - 45
3 CONSECUTIVE IVF CYCLES AT 43 YEARS OLD = 16 eggs > 13 embryos > 10 transferred > 1 BABY!!!!

Years of anovulation (but this has saved me some eggs for my 40's!) and decreased count/motility.
4 years of trying naturally and tests - then surprise pregnancy in 2003, DD born 11/2003
6 cycles of clomid/iui - BFN, 2 cycles of FSH/IUI - x2 chemical pregnancy, 1 cycle of FSH/IUI - bfp! DS born 08/2006

2009 I decide I want another. Crazy I know - DH has had Vx.
2012 DH finally on board. Has TESE (super ouch).
03/12 and 04/12: FSH = 5, AFC = 4
IVF#1 - June 2012 - long lupron, 300 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, ICSI - 10 follicles, 3 eggs (WTF??), 2 fertilized, transferred 2 Day 3 4-cells - bfn.
IVF#2 - Aug/Sept 2012 - flare, 450 Bravelle, ICSI, 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, transferred 4 (2 8-cell, 2 10-cell) - chemical

IVF#3 - LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE![/b]
Oct/Nov 2012 - flare, lupron BID, 450 Bravelle, ICSI
Sept 15 - start BCP
Oct 11 - endo biopsy
Oct 14 - last BCP
Oct 17 - baseline: E2=286, start lupron microdose twice daily
Oct 19 - start 450 Bravelle
Oct 24 - U/S: 7 10mm follicles, bw: E2=964
Oct 26 - U/S, bw 9 follicles (all 10 -16mm), bw: E2=1867, lining: 9mm
Oct 28, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @10mm, 7 @16-17mm, 1 @23.5mm), bw: 3600+, lining: 10mm

Oct 29, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @12mm, 8 @18-21mm), bw: 5500+, lining: 10mm - trigger AND 450 Bravelle!
Oct 31 - ER 8 eggs!
Nov 1 - 7 fertilised!
Nov 2 - three grade 2 (all 4-cell), two grade 3 (2-cell and 5-cell) and two grade 4 (all 5-cell)
Nov 3 -two grade 2 (all 8-cell), four grade 3 (8-cell and 10-cell) and one grade 4 (6-cell)

Nov 4 - four good morulas, one border-line quality morula, two 10-cell embies
Nov 5 - ET of 2 blasts (2BB, 3BA), one cavitating morula and one other crap morula - NO FROSTIES!

Nov 10 - Day 10 - HPT ---- BFP!
Nov 14 - beta = 78

Nov 16 - beta = 179
Dec 7 - first u/s! 7w2d: CRL=10mm, HR=139
Dec 11 - first appt w/ high risk OB & another in office u/s (all good)
Dec 18 - u/s 8w6d: CRL=21mm, HR=172
Dec 27 - genetic testing and consult
Jan 11 - nuchal testing and IPS with soft markers (FTS) (for fun as will have already done NIPS) - NT=1.19mm = PERFECT
Jan 21 - 13w5d on u/s - we are having a boy!!!!!
July 24 - due! induced on July 6th - healthy, 7 lbs 2 oz at 37w3d - can't believe this happened!!

#4266 t-bird

t-bird
  • 71 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:LHSC

Posted 13 April 2015 - 06:10 AM

Hello all,

I see that this forum is well established, but I hope you will allow me to join as I just turned 43 a few weeks ago and am starting my IVF journey in the next few weeks to conceive our first child. 

We have just been accepted into the IVF program and I have no idea what the future holds for us, but I am optimistic (despite the somewhat gloomy odds!).

Thanks in advance for allowing me to post in your group.

• Highest hopes likes this

May/June 2015 - First time IVF @ 43 years old. AMH 1.05, FSH 7

16/05/15 - 9 antrals on Day 2

01/06/15 - 3 eggs Retrieved

03/06/15 - 2 eggs fertilized (2 cell & 4 cell)

04/06/15- Transfer two embryos (4 cell & 5 cell)

19/06/15 - BFP!! Beta 872

29/08/15 - 1/10,000 risk on Panorama Test

19/02/16 - Welcome baby THEO!! 

#4267 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Super Moderator
  • 7477 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 07:38 AM

Fingers crossed! 

#4268 Muminwaiting

Muminwaiting
  • Global 100+
  • 680 posts
  • Interests:Completing my family
  • My Clinic:CReATe

Posted 13 April 2015 - 10:01 AM

Welcome t-bird
Me 40 DH 37 July 2012 HSG test showed blocked tubesSept 16/13 Consult at CReATe with Dr. Librach who will make me a Mummy in 2014Sept 16/13 Bloodwork and AMH test (A little low)Oct 15/13: Hysterscopy 2 polyps removed and 2 coils insertedIVF #1Nov 4th: CD2 start BCPNov 11th: Start Lupron injectionsNov 27: Start Gonal F and RepronexDec 12: ER Estrace and Progesterone suppositoriesDec 15: ET 3 survived the process (including ICSI) Transferred 2. 1 frozenPregnancy test December 29th: BFNFET #1Start Estrace againJan 8/14: IV IntralipidsFET: Jan 16Beta test results Feb 1st: BFFN February 2014 fibroid removed

#4269 Sweets70

Sweets70
  • Global 100+
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

Wishing you all the best t-bird...!!

#4270 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 20 April 2015 - 06:13 PM

Hi all, & welcome to the new people! smile.png

I am 46 and in perimenopause, and since my laparoscopy which I had 5 months ago for endometriosis that included excision of an endometrioma (ovarian cyst), it doesn't look like  I've ovulated. Before the surgery, my cycles were irregular for about a year and I was ovulating about 50% of the time. I've read that it can take 3-6 months for the hormones to "bounce back" after removal of ovarian cysts, but it's too soon to tell if that will happen for me or if the surgery (the missing piece of my ovary) has permanently changed things so that I won't ovulate again. 

Anyways... starting the first steps towards a FET and we've received requisitions for testing, including hormone testing.

Wondering if any of you have thoughts about Progesterone:

• For the Progesterone test which is supposed to be 7 days before the start of my next cycle, do you know how I'm supposed to figure out when to take the test since I have no idea how long my cycle is going to be? This cycle, just like my last couple, it seems like my body is trying to ovulate but then it doesn't, and then it tries 1-2 more times over a couple of weeks and then gives up. 
  • Also do you think it's best to do the estrogen and progesterone tests all within the same cycle?  i.e. right now I could do the Prog. test and then do the remaining tests at the start of my next cycle, but assume it's best to be able to compare the estrogen and progesterone within the same cycle.
  • Really, I wonder if these tests even matter for a FET ... but, maybe they matter as far as what levels of estrogen/progesterone they will prescribe for the FET cycle, if it's not a standard amount for everyone. I've never done a FET so I feel like it's kind of a mystery - I am on the learning curve about how it works.
  • Also just wondering if anyone supplements with Progesterone for the purposes of preventing uterine problems? I just visited a menopause clinic and they advised me to do so, on cycles where I don't seem to ovulate. If a woman goes on too long not ovulating and not supplementing, they said there is a risk of uterine growths and then potentially (rare) cancer.  Has anyone been told this and do you supplement?

I will of course be following up with my practitioners on these issues as well, but would appreciate any opinions here.

Thx smile.png

Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#4271 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 660 posts
  • My Clinic:McGill, OriginElle, Aurora, & RUH

Posted 30 April 2015 - 07:05 PM

Hi, here's a post that pertains to this group re: induction for 40+ (Or even 39)
https://ivf.ca/forums...t-39-years-old/

Would be interested to hear people's comments or experiences.
Dx: Age & Endometriosis & Tubal

IUI & IVF & FET = BFN
Pinterest.com/aquablueglow

#4272 t-bird

t-bird
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 12:51 PM

I had my IVF orientation on Friday and learned that they are going to be doing a "short protocol" with me. That means that I will be starting my stims on Day 3 of my next cycle.

The good news is that they did an ultrasound of my ovaries and found that I have one nice big follicle that is ready to burst any day now. 

Fingers and toes are crossed that I will get a BFP before we start IVF. But realistically, nice to know that we are scheduled to start IVF in two weeks time!!

• EverHopefull! likes this

#4273 GabyP

GabyP
  • Global 100+
  • 235 posts
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:12 PM

Just giving you hope. I am 51 and in week 36, with a donor egg. Did gardening all day and still working, and doing what I usually do. Healthy, happy and this pregnancy is easier and more fun than my first, 25 years ago. I feel fantastic and am just so excited.

• Yearning likes this

#4274 t-bird

t-bird
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 05:28 PM

Congratulations GabyP! That is very exciting news. Best of luck to you!!!

#4275 Pam4845

Pam4845
  • Global 100+
  • 182 posts
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 13 May 2015 - 04:37 PM

Hello ladies. Just to give you an update

Our little man arrived last night at 7:12 pm. 8 lbs 9oz and 21 1/2" long. John Williams Robert we call him Jack. My GS's labour was great and in 3 pushes he was out. Everyone is doing great. We are over the moon excited to finally meet him.
  • Sweets70 and EverHopefull! like this

1999 natural delivery - girl
2001 natural delivery - girl, her birth was fast and she was large, resulted in Prolapses of all 3
2003 - 2 miscarriages, 2nd MC I was at 21 weeks
2004 - 2 miscarriages
2005 - 1 miscarriage2005 - after receiving no answers as to why I kept having miscarriages (all my tests were normal) I had a partial hysterectomy to repair the prolapses
2007 - Divorced
2011 - my new spouse has no children of his own, we met with Genesis to start the surrogacy process. Found out when we met our RE that my ex husband had a chromosome deficiency and this was the reason for the miscarriages.
2013 - we have a great GS and are ready to start the process
DH and I both are 43
July 8/13 - I started BCP, my GS started Synarel
July18/13 - My GS starts Estrace
July 30/113 - I started Menopur and Bravelle injections
Aug 6/13 - Follicles growing nicely, ER date changed to Aug 10th or 11th.
Aug 11/13 - retrieved 7 eggs, procedure went well
Aug 12/13 - 6 eggs fertilized

Aug 14/13 - transferred 3 - day 3 embryos into my GS. Fingers crossed!!
Aug 22/13 - HPT BFP!!! th_abfp.gif
Aug 27/13 - Beta 476 preggo.gif SO HAPPY!!!!<p> 
Sept 3/13 - Beta 14738. Holy crap!!!
Sept 12/13 -U/S 6 weeks 2 days. Everything is perfect. 1 little bean in there due to join our family May 5/14.

Sept 26/13 -U/S showed the babe stopped growing about a week ago, no heart beat found cry.gif

Sept 29/13 - Miscarriage

Cycle # 2

Dec 31/13 - GS started BCP

Jan 1/14 - I started BCP, my GS started Synarel

Jan 9/14 - GS started Estrace

Jan 16/14 - GS had her lining checked.  It's 10.5 mm.  I stop BCP

Jan 21/14 - Start Menopur and Bravelle

Feb/14 - transferred 4 - 2 days embryos. 

BFN

Cycle # 3  Here we go again!!!  Fingers crossed!

May 12/14 I started BCP, my GS started Synarel

May 29/14 - GS lining is over 8 mm, I stop BCP

Jun 3/14 - I start injections.

This cycle ended up being a FET due to my GS having some breakthrough bleeding prior to transfer.  It was a blessing in disguise.  On day 5 we had 2 perfect embryos and 2 not so good.  They told us they would freeze them on day 6.  On day 6 they had all arrested. cry.gif .  On to doing an FET with our one and only frozen embryo.

FET

August 26/14 - Transferred a 6 day embryo

September 5/14 - very faint BFP on HPT.  Fingers crossed this one works out!

Oct 10/14 - U/S shows 1 8w5d fetus!!!  yahoo.gif due date is May 17/15.preggo.gif

Nov 14/14 - Nuchal Translucency U/S  all is great!!  Measuring ahead by 1 day 13w6d!  

May 12/15 - He has arrived! 39 weeks 1 day.  8 lbs 14 oz, 21 1/2" long John Williams Robert, we call him Jack and he's perfect!