4206 replies to this topic

#4201 Highest hopes

Highest hopes
  • Global 100+
  • 258 posts
  • Dx:DOR
  • My Clinic:McGill & Aurora

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:21 PM

That's a great tip about the stress, thanks for sharing that! 

Too bad your first clinic made you feel that way. Is Olive a new clinic in BC? You would think they would care more especially being new, to try and establish a good reputation.

My friend loved Sher/SIRM, though there were a couple of roadbumps I think. Like her first attempt there her eggs didn't produce and they had to cancel the cycle and he didn't know why. But maybe that's just the way it is, not his fault. He adjusted her protocol and it worked the next time. This was after previous IVF failure at a Canadian clinic. Yes it was her first time on intralipids.

That's great your immune tests were only $600... wow.   I'm thinking of dealing with preventmiscarriage.com because SIRM will only test people who are going to do treatment there and that's not my situation.

As for me, it's not full IVF because the eggs have already been retrieved.  It's not 'just' transfer either as they need to thaw the eggs and then fertilize. I am also interested in getting the embryos tested. Are you doing that?

I just recently changed my signature to talk about my frozen eggs. I kept it so secret for so many years that it was only recently I was able to even share that info with anyone. I used to be very scared of judgement, and the fact that I spent a lot of money doing it, and it's just very personal. But now that it's coming closer to the time of trying them, I am sharing with a few people including here. It has been helping me that it's getting more exposure in the news, not to feel like it was such an "out there" thing to do, while it was still "experimental".

Me: 40+, Him: 40, TTC: 4 yrs.
Dx: Egg quality due to my age, Tubal factor, suspected Endometriosis.

2010: Chlomid/IUI - BFN
2011: IVF x 2 - BFN

2012-13: Lots of alternative therapies and mind-body work: Celiac diagnosis & healing, Lowered my TSH (thyroid)

2014: Hydrosalpinx diagnosis

Next: Laparoscopy & removal of tube, Hysteroscopy, Endometrial biopsy, E-tegrity test?, Immune testing?

Froze my eggs when I was 37 & plan to use them after the above is complete.

Friend me: facebook.com/aquablueglow or Follow me: @aquablueglow

#4202 north

north
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive; SIRM

Posted 15 September 2014 - 11:36 PM

Yup, Olive's fairly new in BC....a break off clinic from Genesis. Lots good about the clinic but I would have preferred they say we don't think we can do anything else for you but support you to continue on with another clinic. Or to say, we don't advise you to try again with your own eggs but if you're willing to assume the risk, we'll work with you. In any case, we're happy to have moved on - I just think there are some ethics involved in such clinical decisions and how a practitioner handles them and I wasn't happy with how Olive handled the situation. 

That's great you have an option with preventmiscarriage.com. SIRM only drew my blood then shipped it off to be tested at ReproSource. 

Yes, our plan is to do CGH testing on the embryos (provided we get some that get to that stage!). 

Thanks for sharing about your friend's experience. I get the sense that Sher is willing to go back to the drawing board and re-jig protocols and individualize them for the needs of the person. 

I think it's fantastic fantastic you froze your eggs. I only wish I'd done the same or had any idea it was a possibility! What a brave move when it wasn't as much a known option. I really wish you the best with it and look forward to hearing more about it all. :) 

north

Me: 42 43 yrs; Guy: 42 yrs

Never pregnant and started TTC 2 yrs

Olive consult January 2014

Have been taking CoQ10 600mg/day since January in preparation; acupuncture weekly

May 2014 IVF #1 (Olive Fertility): Estrace priming, Saizen, 225 IU Menopur, 225 IU Puregon, trigger Suprefact. 14 follicles and estradiol just under 10,000. Just 6 eggs retrieved, told they didn't look good; 2 fertilized, 1 survived and we did day 2 transfer (plan to do PGS/CCS went out the window). BFN

No more IVF's with OE recommended or supported; recommended donor eggs. 

Currently consulting with Dr. Sher Las Vegas, CCRM in Colorado for 2nd opinion. 

Decided we need to try again with a different protocol to see if it makes a difference (i.e. way less medication since I was a high responder last time). 

Still doing some acupuncture to prep, CoQ10 200mg/day, prenatals, Omega 3's, vit D, wheatgrass, royal jelly. 

August 18 2014 IVF #2 (SIRM Las Vegas): BCP, long lupron protocol. Cancelled due to ovarian cyst that needs to be aspirated. Back on BCP. 

Immune testing with SIRM revealed elevated NKC's ~ will need intralipids before and after future embryo transfers. 

September 29 2014 IVF #2 (SIRM Las Vegas)

#4203 Pam4845

Pam4845
  • Global 100+
  • 154 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Olive

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

Hello ladies

Hope you're all doing well.  We did our beta last Wed and it was 231, repeated it on Friday 622 then again yesterday (Monday) 2410.  Things are looking good.  We have chosen to not do the 6 week U/S, last time we did our miscarriage happened the next day.  I realize there may not be any correlation but we don't want to take any chances with the vaginal U/S.  We are going to do weekly betas until we can have a regular U/S around week 8.  We are currently at 5 weeks 2 days.  My GS is feeling the usual pregnancy feelings, frequent need to pee, sore boobs and very tired.  I told her I'm sorry but sooooo happy at the same time! 

• north and NYCdaenerys like this

1999 natural delivery - girl
2001 natural delivery - girl, her birth was fast and she was large, resulted in Prolapses of all 3
2003 - 2 miscarriages, 2nd MC I was at 21 weeks
2004 - 2 miscarriages
2005 - 1 miscarriage2005 - after receiving no answers as to why I kept having miscarriages (all my tests were normal) I had a partial hysterectomy to repair the prolapses
2007 - Divorced
2011 - my new spouse has no children of his own, we met with Genesis to start the surrogacy process. Found out when we met our RE that my ex husband had a chromosome deficiency and this was the reason for the miscarriages.
2013 - we have a great GS and are ready to start the process
DH and I both are 43
July 8/13 - I started BCP, my GS started Synarel
July18/13 - My GS starts Estrace
July 30/113 - I started Menopur and Bravelle injections
Aug 6/13 - Follicles growing nicely, ER date changed to Aug 10th or 11th.
Aug 11/13 - retrieved 7 eggs, procedure went well
Aug 12/13 - 6 eggs fertilized

Aug 14/13 - transferred 3 - day 3 embryos into my GS. Fingers crossed!!
Aug 22/13 - HPT BFP!!! th_abfp.gif
Aug 27/13 - Beta 476 preggo.gif SO HAPPY!!!!<p> 
Sept 3/13 - Beta 14738. Holy crap!!!
Sept 12/13 -U/S 6 weeks 2 days. Everything is perfect. 1 little bean in there due to join our family May 5/14.

Sept 26/13 -U/S showed the babe stopped growing about a week ago, no heart beat found cry.gif

Sept 29/13 - Miscarriage

Cycle # 2

Dec 31/13 - GS started BCP

Jan 1/14 - I started BCP, my GS started Synarel

Jan 9/14 - GS started Estrace

Jan 16/14 - GS had her lining checked.  It's 10.5 mm.  I stop BCP

Jan 21/14 - Start Menopur and Bravelle

Feb/14 - transferred 4 - 2 days embryos. 

BFN

Cycle # 3  Here we go again!!!  Fingers crossed!

May 12/14 I started BCP, my GS started Synarel

May 29/14 - GS lining is over 8 mm, I stop BCP

Jun 3/14 - I start injections.

This cycle ended up being a FET due to my GS having some breakthrough bleeding prior to transfer.  It was a blessing in disguise.  On day 5 we had 2 perfect embryos and 2 not so good.  They told us they would freeze them on day 6.  On day 6 they had all arrested. cry.gif .  On to doing an FET with our one and only frozen embryo.

FET

August 26/14 - Transferred a 6 day embryo

September 5/14 - very faint BFP on HPT.  Fingers crossed this one works out!

#4204 north

north
  • 86 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:Olive; SIRM

Posted 16 September 2014 - 10:44 PM

Good to hear your update Pam! Hoping things just continue to go smoothly. :) 

Me: 42 43 yrs; Guy: 42 yrs

Never pregnant and started TTC 2 yrs

Olive consult January 2014

Have been taking CoQ10 600mg/day since January in preparation; acupuncture weekly

May 2014 IVF #1 (Olive Fertility): Estrace priming, Saizen, 225 IU Menopur, 225 IU Puregon, trigger Suprefact. 14 follicles and estradiol just under 10,000. Just 6 eggs retrieved, told they didn't look good; 2 fertilized, 1 survived and we did day 2 transfer (plan to do PGS/CCS went out the window). BFN

No more IVF's with OE recommended or supported; recommended donor eggs. 

Currently consulting with Dr. Sher Las Vegas, CCRM in Colorado for 2nd opinion. 

Decided we need to try again with a different protocol to see if it makes a difference (i.e. way less medication since I was a high responder last time). 

Still doing some acupuncture to prep, CoQ10 200mg/day, prenatals, Omega 3's, vit D, wheatgrass, royal jelly. 

August 18 2014 IVF #2 (SIRM Las Vegas): BCP, long lupron protocol. Cancelled due to ovarian cyst that needs to be aspirated. Back on BCP. 

Immune testing with SIRM revealed elevated NKC's ~ will need intralipids before and after future embryo transfers. 

September 29 2014 IVF #2 (SIRM Las Vegas)

#4205 GabyP

GabyP
  • 34 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:Interafertility

Posted Yesterday, 12:40 PM

So I am 50 and officially pregnant. Returned from the clinic in Mexico a few weeks ago and after two week wait, all good. Yes donor eggs, but worked and after my first try. perfect hcg and increasing how it shoud. so for all of you over 40......It can be done

• oneMorechance, babybumpseeker, annebananamarie and 3 others like this

#4206 sami99

sami99
  • Global 100+
  • 140 posts
  • Dx:Other

Posted Yesterday, 02:45 PM

Wow Gaby that's awesome!!! :)

Congratulations and wishing you a wonderful pregnancy!

• oneMorechance likes this

1992 - started ttc, Aug 97-1st IVF-chemical pregnancy  , Nov 97 FET BFN  Aug 98 - 2nd IVF  BFN , Nov 98 FET BFN

1999-2000 - several IUI's - all BFN's cry.gif   2002 - 3rd IVF  BFN , FET  BFN

2004 - 4th IVF - cancelled for poor response, 5th IVF with known donor (poor response)  BFN   cry.gif

June 2006 - ***** BFP (naturally)******  2007 - *****DS was born*****

2008 - TTC again, 2010- started peri-menopausesad.png , 2013 - full menopause , 2014 -exploring donor egg

#4207 oneMorechance

oneMorechance
  • Global 100+
  • 646 posts
  • Interests:Singing, reading, writing, cooking, laughing, living
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:kettering reproductive medicine

Posted Yesterday, 02:59 PM

That is wonderful Gaby a huge congratulations to you! May you have a healthy pregnancy!

Dx-Tubal(tubes tied 15 years ago) and age

Me-42, DH-No Probs age or otherwise wub.png

IVF #1th_abfn.gif 

Protocol Antagonist

July 26th- ET 3 8cell grade 1 embies with AH (ovidrel 250mcg booster)  BETA August 8th

July 28th- 3 Blasts 1AA, 2AA, 4AA made it to freezeeusa_clap.gif 

August 7th- BFNcry.gif ...eusa_wall.gif ...zjujfjf.gif 

FETcrsd.gif 

Sept 27th- all 3 survived the thaw. Transferred all 3 Beta October 7th

October 1st- first faint positive on frer 4dp5dteusa_pray.gif 

October 7th-10dp5dt beta 306 POSITIVE!!

October 10th- 13dp5dt beta 1450!!

October 12th- 15dp5dt beta 4810!!

October 16th- 19dp5dt beta 13,319!!

October 19th- 22dp5dt beta 36,107!!

PREGNANCYpreggo.gifpreggo.gif  

October 21st- First Ultrasound 6w1d two sacs, two fetal poles, one hb @114 and measuring right on track 6w1d, other measuring behind and no hb. Repeat next Monday @ 7w...I HEARD MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!yahoo.gif 

October 24th- BOTH babies have a heartbeat!! Baby B-119 Baby A-114

October 28th- 7w1d Baby A-7w0d 130 hb, Baby B- 7w2d 144 hb

November 8th- 8w5d Baby A-8w4d 165 hb, Baby B- 9w 172 hb

December 30th- 16w1d Told Baby B is a babygirl.gif Baby A won't tell so waiting til anatomy scan on 20th

January 10th- It's a babyboy.gif and a babygirl.gif YAAAYYYYY!!!! banana.gif