Posted 02 March 2014 - 11:05 AM

Big hugs Sharlene.

Me - 42 DH - 42

#4002 May_2014

May_2014
  • 37 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 11 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Big hugs Sharlene. I have read all your posts. The supports from this group is incredible!
  • gibasgirl likes this

#4003 ideagirl

ideagirl
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:CCRM (Denver, CO)

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:01 AM

Absolute frustration!  I get it.  I am 42 and trying to get pregnant.  I have been doing IUI and successfully got pregnant the first try, but miscarried at 11wks.  My last 2 attempts I did not get pregnant.  There is an egg/sperm...what is the problem?!  I don't feel that old, how come my body has to be so challenged?

I cannot afford anymore sperm and am despairing...trying to find someone to donate sperm units that they aren't using so that I can keep trying...I understand the fear and stress...try to stay positive and know there are lots of us out there that are in your exact position...sending you positive energy!

I feel your pain. I had 4 failed IVF cycles between ages 39 and 41. Based on what I learned through that, I'm about to tell you something that could be perceived as depressing or harsh, but my purpose is just to spare you more suffering.

So... have you looked at the statistics on fertility in women your age? I don't feel old either, but our eggs are old. In other words it's not YOUR body that's challenged--it's nothing personal--it's just the overwhelming majority of women our age, no matter how old we look or feel. Women aged 42 have perhaps a 1 in 8 to 1 in 11 chance of having a baby even if they do IVF, and the chances for IUI are far lower (because you've just got the one egg, whereas with IVF you've got several to try with). You can look at the statistics for IVF here--click on "SART National Summary" to see the nationwide (US) results, and look under the age 41-42 column to see the live birth rate:

http://www.sart.org/find_frm.html

The live birth rate for 41-42yo women doing a cycle of IVF is only 11.8%. That's about 1 in 8, and that's for both 41 and 42 year olds--in other words it's the average of the somewhat higher 41yo rate and the somewhat lower 42yo rate. If you glance one column to the right to see the chances for women over 42, the rate is only 3.9%. Again, that's the average of the higher 43yo rate and the lower 44/45/46 rates... I've looked at the CDC data directly and as I recall at 43 the chances are about 8%, or 1 in 12. And this is for IVF, not the much less likely to work IUI.

There are only four ways for women our age to have a good chance of giving birth to a baby:

(1) doing IVF with CCS testing. This  will tell you whether you have any normal embryos, and if you do, it gives you about a 60%-70% chance of having a healthy baby. However, about 1 in 6 to 1 in 5 women our age have NO normal embryos, and many more have just one, so if it fails...

(2) embryos left over from much earlier cycles (for instance, if you did IVF at 38 and still have frozen embryos left from that, you can use them at 43 and have the same chances you would've had at 38--which would be about 25%--but obviously this isn't an option for you personally);

(3) donor eggs (which gives you about a 57% chance, or 65%-ish if you go to a good clinic in the Czech Republic or Spain, or up to 83%+ if you go to an excellent US clinic such as CCRM). This is available in Canada but can take a long time; it's available in the US, quickly, but is very expensive; but if you go to Spain or the Czech Republic you could do it less than 2 months from today for about $7000-$10,000 plus travel. Or finally,

(4) donor embryos from much younger women (which gives you the same chances as a woman the age of the woman whose egg was used). This is available in Canada and the US but it can take a while to find available embryos. The fastest way to do this is to go to the Czech Republic (or I think also Spain)--it costs something like $1500 but you could be cycling 6-8 weeks from now if you wanted to.

So, I'm telling you this because it would be very sad if you tried over and over and over and over and found yourself at 43 or 44 with nothing but a bunch of BFN's, miscarriages and tears behind you. You have other options; you've got several good ways to have a healthy baby. We chose option (3) above and are pregnant with twins on our first try. I can't tell you what a relief and a joy it is after so many failures.

Best of luck.

• Fuelgirl and My Angle-Mybaby1 like this

#4004 #3@44

#3@44
  • Cyclebase
  • 470 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:PCRM

Posted 13 March 2014 - 11:37 AM

>There are only four ways for women our age to have a good chance of giving birth to a baby:

>(1) doing IVF with CCS testing. This  will tell you whether you have any normal embryos, and if you do, it gives you about a 60%-70% >chance of having a healthy baby. However, about 1 in 6 to 1 in 5 women our age have NO normal embryos, and many more have just >one, so if it fails...

Personally i would not do CCS testing unless I have a bunch of eggs - which is pretty unlikely.  Why not just take the embryos out to day 5 and put them all back in (4 or less)?  I guess it depends on how you feel about subsequent testing if you do indeed get pregnant.  I did genetic testing at 10 weeks with fetal DNA (NIPs) and it was only $800.  I think CCS testing (considerably more expensive) is only really helpful if you still have decisions to make about which embryos to put back...

Otherwise, I completely agree with everything that Ideagirl just said. The numbers are most unfortunate but really not surprising.

I think the biggest misconceptions are 1. I still get my period - why can I not get pregnant?  I had no problems before?  2. I am fit and healthy?  Why can I not get pregnant?  = = = OLD EGGS

Take care and good luck to you.

Me - 44, DH - 45
3 CONSECUTIVE IVF CYCLES AT 43 YEARS OLD = 16 eggs > 13 embryos > 10 transferred > 1 BABY!!!!

Years of anovulation (but this has saved me some eggs for my 40's!) and decreased count/motility.
4 years of trying naturally and tests - then surprise pregnancy in 2003, DD born 11/2003
6 cycles of clomid/iui - BFN, 2 cycles of FSH/IUI - x2 chemical pregnancy, 1 cycle of FSH/IUI - bfp! DS born 08/2006

2009 I decide I want another. Crazy I know - DH has had Vx.
2012 DH finally on board. Has TESE (super ouch).
03/12 and 04/12: FSH = 5, AFC = 4
IVF#1 - June 2012 - long lupron, 300 Bravelle, 150 Menopur, ICSI - 10 follicles, 3 eggs (WTF??), 2 fertilized, transferred 2 Day 3 4-cells - bfn.
IVF#2 - Aug/Sept 2012 - flare, 450 Bravelle, ICSI, 5 eggs, 4 fertilized, transferred 4 (2 8-cell, 2 10-cell) - chemical

IVF#3 - LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE![/b]
Oct/Nov 2012 - flare, lupron BID, 450 Bravelle, ICSI
Sept 15 - start BCP
Oct 11 - endo biopsy
Oct 14 - last BCP
Oct 17 - baseline: E2=286, start lupron microdose twice daily
Oct 19 - start 450 Bravelle
Oct 24 - U/S: 7 10mm follicles, bw: E2=964
Oct 26 - U/S, bw 9 follicles (all 10 -16mm), bw: E2=1867, lining: 9mm
Oct 28, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @10mm, 7 @16-17mm, 1 @23.5mm), bw: 3600+, lining: 10mm

Oct 29, u/s, bw 9 follicles (1 @12mm, 8 @18-21mm), bw: 5500+, lining: 10mm - trigger AND 450 Bravelle!
Oct 31 - ER 8 eggs!
Nov 1 - 7 fertilised!
Nov 2 - three grade 2 (all 4-cell), two grade 3 (2-cell and 5-cell) and two grade 4 (all 5-cell)
Nov 3 -two grade 2 (all 8-cell), four grade 3 (8-cell and 10-cell) and one grade 4 (6-cell)

Nov 4 - four good morulas, one border-line quality morula, two 10-cell embies
Nov 5 - ET of 2 blasts (2BB, 3BA), one cavitating morula and one other crap morula - NO FROSTIES!

Nov 10 - Day 10 - HPT ---- BFP!
Nov 14 - beta = 78

Nov 16 - beta = 179
Dec 7 - first u/s! 7w2d: CRL=10mm, HR=139
Dec 11 - first appt w/ high risk OB & another in office u/s (all good)
Dec 18 - u/s 8w6d: CRL=21mm, HR=172
Dec 27 - genetic testing and consult
Jan 11 - nuchal testing and IPS with soft markers (FTS) (for fun as will have already done NIPS) - NT=1.19mm = PERFECT
Jan 21 - 13w5d on u/s - we are having a boy!!!!!
July 24 - due! induced on July 6th - healthy, 7 lbs 2 oz at 37w3d - can't believe this happened!!

#4005 hondapaula

hondapaula
  • 56 posts
  • My Clinic:Bellingham IVF

Posted 13 March 2014 - 03:12 PM

ideagirl totally agree with those statements, but there is a % that does conceive with their own eggs. I've read some of the stories and get so mad it looks like some clinics are in it for the $ that's so sad to say. I've been very frustrated at times where people tell me it's stress and diet etc. that's causing my IF wow I know it's my eggs and FSH levels. We did go the DE route unfortunately we m/c last week with healthy donor eggs. We have 11 on ice so hopefully I get AF soon so we can try again. Nothing is a for sure thing! Every woman is different even though are journeys are the same a healthy child.
Me 42 DH 31
Sept 1995 healthy DD
TTC since 2009
3 IUI's BFN (long stories)
Jan 13 2014, 25 DE retrieved
13 eggs fertilized, 10 with ICIS
11 embryos frozen
Jan 16 2014 embryo transfer with two 8 cell excellent donor eggs
1st beta Jan 28 249
2nd bet Jan 30 438
U/S Feb 18th @7w 3d
U/S showed 6w and 115 hr?
OB appointment March 5th @9w 3d
No heartbeat or growth
M/C March 7th at 9w5d, babe stopped growing at 6w3d
FET May 23rd

#4006 sami99

sami99
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 March 2014 - 04:38 PM

hondapaula - i'm so sorry.  my heart goes out to you  ((hugs))

1992 - started ttc, Aug 97-1st IVF-chemical pregnancy  , Nov 97 FET BFN  Aug 98 - 2nd IVF  BFN , Nov 98 FET BFN

1999-2000 - several IUI's - all BFN's cry.gif   2002 - 3rd IVF  BFN , FET  BFN

2004 - 4th IVF - cancelled for poor response, 5th IVF with known donor (poor response)  BFN   cry.gif

June 2006 - ***** BFP (naturally)******  2007 - *****DS was born*****

2008 - TTC again, 2010- started peri-menopausesad.png , 2013 - full menopause , 2014 -exploring donor egg

#4007 oneMorechance

oneMorechance
  • Global 100+
  • 548 posts
  • Interests:Singing, reading, writing, cooking, laughing, living
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:kettering reproductive medicine

Posted 13 March 2014 - 08:51 PM

While I know that these statistics are very real and accurate, I find it hard to agree that those are the only 4 ways that a woman past her 40's can get pregnant. Because of tubal ligation many years ago, I had to go the ivf route. I am fortunate to be pregnant with twins at this time. With my own eggs. I would agree that iui may not be aggressive enough at our age though.
Lots of baby dust to everyone in this struggle, and hugs to everyone that I haven't chatted with in awhile.
Congratulations on your twins Ideagirl, and I am so sorry for your loss Hondapaula.

Dx-Tubal(tubes tied 15 years ago) and age

Me-41, DH-No Probs age or otherwise wub.png

IVF #1th_abfn.gif 

Protocol Antagonist

July 26th- ET 3 8cell grade 1 embies with AH (ovidrel 250mcg booster)  BETA August 8th

July 28th- 3 Blasts 1AA, 2AA, 4AA made it to freezeeusa_clap.gif 

August 7th- BFNcry.gif ...eusa_wall.gif ...zjujfjf.gif 

FETcrsd.gif 

Sept 27th- all 3 survived the thaw. Transferred all 3 Beta October 7th

October 1st- first faint positive on frer 4dp5dteusa_pray.gif 

October 7th-10dp5dt beta 306 POSITIVE!!

October 10th- 13dp5dt beta 1450!!

October 12th- 15dp5dt beta 4810!!

October 16th- 19dp5dt beta 13,319!!

October 19th- 22dp5dt beta 36,107!!

PREGNANCYpreggo.gifpreggo.gif  

October 21st- First Ultrasound 6w1d two sacs, two fetal poles, one hb @114 and measuring right on track 6w1d, other measuring behind and no hb. Repeat next Monday @ 7w...I HEARD MY BABY'S HEARTBEAT!!!yahoo.gif 

October 24th- BOTH babies have a heartbeat!! Baby B-119 Baby A-114

October 28th- 7w1d Baby A-7w0d 130 hb, Baby B- 7w2d 144 hb

November 8th- 8w5d Baby A-8w4d 165 hb, Baby B- 9w 172 hb

December 30th- 16w1d Told Baby B is a babygirl.gif Baby A won't tell so waiting til anatomy scan on 20th

January 10th- It's a babyboy.gif and a babygirl.gif YAAAYYYYY!!!! banana.gif

#4008 ideagirl

ideagirl
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:32 PM

While I know that these statistics are very real and accurate, I find it hard to agree that those are the only 4 ways that a woman past her 40's can get pregnant. Because of tubal ligation many years ago, I had to go the ivf route. I am fortunate to be pregnant with twins at this time. With my own eggs. I would agree that iui may not be aggressive enough at our age though.

Oh, I didn't at all say those are the only ways a woman over 40 can get pregnant. I said those are the only ways a woman over 40 can have a good chance (i.e., a chance well above the very low 5%-12% average for women 40-44) of having a baby.

Certainly some women aged 40-44 fall into the 5%-12% who have babies with regular, own-egg, non-CCS IVF, but 88%-95% do not fall into that lucky group. If you want much better odds than 5% at 44, 8% at 43, 12% at 41-42 or whatever the number is for your particular age, those four things I mentioned are how you get them.

Congrats on your twins!

• oneMorechance likes this

#4009 ideagirl

ideagirl
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 01:34 PM

ideagirl totally agree with those statements, but there is a % that does conceive with their own eggs. I've read some of the stories and get so mad it looks like some clinics are in it for the $ that's so sad to say. I've been very frustrated at times where people tell me it's stress and diet etc. that's causing my IF wow I know it's my eggs and FSH levels. We did go the DE route unfortunately we m/c last week with healthy donor eggs. We have 11 on ice so hopefully I get AF soon so we can try again. Nothing is a for sure thing! Every woman is different even though are journeys are the same a healthy child.

I'm so sorry about your m/c. It's wonderful that you've got 11 on ice! Excuse me for talking about statistics again, haha, but having 11 DE embryos on ice gives you exceptionally great odds of having multiple children! Congrats on that.

• hondapaula likes this

#4010 Wantingour1st

Wantingour1st
  • Global 100+
  • 178 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Create, was Mt. Sinai

Posted 17 March 2014 - 11:31 AM

Hondapaula i want to say i'm sorry for your miscarriage with donor eggs.  i sort of think donor eggs are a guarantee, i know it's not but it seems more hopeful.  i know the chances are very good so i'm sure you next try will be a success.

PGS or PGD testing can be inaccurate.

me 43, FSH 5, AMH 8.8 pmol/L is "Low Ovarian Reserve" which is 2.3 to 15.7 pmol/L

dh 41, low sperm, good for IVF

chance of IVF working because of my age: 5% or less

completely devastated forever & always

nov. 6/12 found the news of low sperm & have been very depressed but hopeful.  we're taking lots of vitamins, (always did but now are taking a few different ones: InnoQnol CoQ10, PQQ, Inositol powder, baby aspirin, Prednisone (cuz i'm MTHFR I did a blood test & shows positive for blood clotting), Eltroxin (for my slightly elevated antibodies to thyroid I got after IVF) DHEA, Melatonin, Folapro (active form of folate), Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen, L’arginine, L’carninitine, Grape Seed, Pycnogenol, Resveratrol, Astaxanthin, NAC, Macca, E, C, D, Chinese Tea, homeopathic detox Unda numbers, weekly acupuncture, my dh did acupuncture a few times & he takes lots of vitamins. his sperm count increased!  No dairy, no wheat, no sugar, everything organic I can find.

#4011 ideagirl

ideagirl
  • Global 100+
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 10:10 AM

Hondapaula i want to say i'm sorry for your miscarriage with donor eggs.  i sort of think donor eggs are a guarantee, i know it's not but it seems more hopeful.  i know the chances are very good so i'm sure you next try will be a success.

PGS or PGD testing can be inaccurate.

When PGD is done on blastocysts (in which case it's called CCS or CGH), it is very rarely inaccurate--the accuracy rate is something like 95%-97%. It's when tests are done on earlier stage embryos--day 3 is the most common--that the accuracy rate plummets.

#4012 sharlene

sharlene
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,651 posts
  • My Clinic:USA

Posted 09 April 2014 - 03:42 PM

Hi Ladies,

I hope everyone is doing well - or at least hanging in there. 

I just bailed out of my cycle - it was the first time I tried without birth control pills leading up to it and the follicles (there were only 4) were lousy - one large one and 3 little ones.  RE was willing to continue but I pulled the plug - I'm not doing a retrieval for 1 follicle!

I'll give it one last shot (famous last words that I will not be held to) with my next cycle.  I don't get up from a good black jack table either - I have tasted success with my son when the odds were stacked against me - so it's hard to walk away. 

I see another woman who I followed in my last pregnancy just transferred 4 embryos - I sure hope one is has the golden egg (again!).  Squeak squeak!

• mouse likes this

#4013 manhattangirl

manhattangirl
  • Just Hatched
  • 143 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:44 PM

Hi Ladies,

I just bailed out of my cycle - it was the first time I tried without birth control pills leading up to it and the follicles (there were only 4) were lousy - one large one and 3 little ones.  RE was willing to continue but I pulled the plug - I'm not doing a retrieval for 1 follicle!

I'll give it one last shot (famous last words that I will not be held to) with my next cycle.  I don't get up from a good black jack table either - I have tasted success with my son when the odds were stacked against me - so it's hard to walk away. 

I see another woman who I followed in my last pregnancy just transferred 4 embryos - I sure hope one is has the golden egg (again!).  Squeak squeak!

Do you think that not using birth control pills had anything to do with it?

• My Angle-Mybaby1 likes this

#4014 sharlene

sharlene
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hi Ladies,

Do you think that not using birth control pills had anything to do with it?

I am thinking the lack of BCP may have had something to do with it. This was my 4th cycle and the only one without the BCP and the only like this. I'll be doing them next time and we shall see.

#4015 My Angle-Mybaby1

My Angle-Mybaby1
  • 44 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:35 PM

Hi ladies...so glad to find all of you.supportive and knowledgable..
I had 4 failed IVF cycles between ages 40 and 41.5
I have done my last cycle just last week,my cycle also was without BCP.and the follicle growed with different size one large one and another little one.on day 2 I had 3 follice.On day 13 ,they were 7.
3 in right(1.8,1.8,1.7) ,4 in left(2.1,1.4,1.8,1.2).on transfer day they couldn't access to my right ovary becuase it went behind my uterus,and they retieved 2 from my left.one fertilized but unfortunately it was 3cell grade2.
the only thing just I got surprised was about my E2 level on day 13,it was about 3884,I think the amount was not bad ,and at least i should had one good quality follicle.
sharlene :I think I should take BCP too.becuase I think my follicle with size of 2.1 ,it was post mature and didnt work.
Me: 41   No identified issues (except age)blush.png 
DH: 41   Perfect !
TTC for 3  years

2 month letrozol Sep,Oct 2010
Natural pregnancy Nov 2010
early miscarriage
Laparoscopy Oct 2011(everything was normal)
Hysteroscopy march 2012(Removed endometrial polyp)
ICSI # jun 2012
ER - 2 egg retrieved
ET - 5dt (1 Blastocyst-good quality )
ICSI # Aug 2012
ER -3 egg retrieved
ET - 3dt (1 8cell,1 6cell,1 3 cell)
Hysteroscopy Oct 2012(Removed small fibrom)
Nov 2012(start DHEA 50mg,Omega3,Coq10 200mg,Asprin,Prenantal)
IuI # Jan 2013
Natural IuI # Feb 2013
April 2013( Start Intralipid)
ICSI # May 2012
ER -3 egg retrieved
ET - 4dt (1 Blast,1 8cell,1 8 cell)
First App with Dr. Virro Aug 2013
All blood test,sono,immune test have done.
follow up App with Dr.virro,Low lad number,Nkcells borderline,LIT recommended,Dexamethasone 1mg,preg vit5
Nov,Dec 2013 LIT treatment-Lad number Increased
Jan 2014 see Naturopath ,(Coq10 ubiquinol,Dhea,Cerebrovital PQQ,NAC,Pro Omega D ,VitD,Preg5,Dexameathasone,Thyroid Px,Levothyroxine)
Endo biopsy March ,20
Start Stim (150 puregon+75 Menopur) March23
ER April 5 Left O= 2.1,1.8,1.4,1.2 Right O= 1.8,1.7,1,8 just 2 follicel retrieved from left
E2=3884 lh=0.3 Endo thickness= .67
ET April 9 one day 3 embryo grade2-3 cell

#4016 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:54 PM

I can`t seem to log into my Yahoo anymore so I`m not getting notifications from IVF.ca and am nearly weaned off. Just had a quick peek though and sounds like I get to wish you good luck again Sharlene! And Mouse, what is happening with you? Seems like I saw a hint being dropped! Hope everyone is doing well!

Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#4017 rollergirl

rollergirl

Cougar Alert....loves boy toys...the younger the better!!

• 1000+
  • 1,677 posts
  • My Clinic:VFC

Posted 12 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

I have done my last cycle just last week,my cycle also was without BCP.and the follicle growed with different size one large one and another little one.on day 2 I had 3 follice.On day 13 ,they were 7.
3 in right(1.8,1.8,1.7) ,4 in left(2.1,1.4,1.8,1.2).on transfer day they couldn't access to my right ovary becuase it went behind my uterus,and they retieved 2 from my left.one fertilized but unfortunately it was 3cell grade2.
the only thing just I got surprised was about my E2 level on day 13,it was about 3884,I think the amount was not bad ,and at least i should had one good quality follicle.
sharlene :I think I should take BCP too.becuase I think my follicle with size of 2.1 ,it was post mature and didnt work.

Have you ever had embryos go to day 5 before transferring? I am just wondering what your RE is doing differently friom cycle to cycle because you have had 4 failed cycles? Have you had your AMH levels done? 

Me-72 DH-26 It is what it is...

#4018 Mcghelove139

Mcghelove139
  • 30 posts
  • My Clinic:Firm

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hi dh and I tcc for three years four failed embryo transfers later found out due to lining issuies now we are looking to adopt embryos so we can try again were open to a closed or open adoption just really ready to be a mom

#4019 Mcghelove139

Mcghelove139
  • 30 posts
  • My Clinic:Firm

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:37 AM

Hi dh and I tcc for three years four failed embryo transfers later found out due to lining issuies now we are looking to adopt embryos so we can try again were open to a closed or open adoption just really ready to be a mom

#4020 sharlene

sharlene
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:45 AM

This group of women has a lot of knowledge and offers great support, but we are not ones with embryos remaining to donate. Often, the over 40 age group is looking for donor eggs or embryos.

It's a good sign that you've figured out what the problem has been so you are closer to success. Best of luck.

#4021 sharlene

sharlene
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

I can`t seem to log into my Yahoo anymore so I`m not getting notifications from IVF.ca and am nearly weaned off. Just had a quick peek though and sounds like I get to wish you good luck again Sharlene! And Mouse, what is happening with you? Seems like I saw a hint being dropped! Hope everyone is doing well!

Reset your password on yahoo, if you still want access. I've had to do that recently. Or you could transfer your notifications or not. I'm sure you've considered your options. Mouse can speak for herself for sure, but she did recently transfer 4 embryos and my fingers are very crossed. So cool if one sticks.

#4022 Lisa1995

Lisa1995
  • 1000+
  • 1,383 posts
  • My Clinic:was Lifequest, now Markham

Posted 15 April 2014 - 09:32 AM

Hi gals, Since I am in my 2ww of a natural IVF cycle I wanted to post this article about it as it seems of particular interest to the over 40 and poor responder crowd.

http://www.independe...ch-2277983.html

• LastTry and My Angle-Mybaby1 like this

TTC #1: starting in Feb 2005 "unexplained" (immune issues, elevated NK cells, 2 heterozygous MTHFR and 2 heterozygous thrombophilias - Factor XIII and PAI-1 mutations)
me-42, DH-42, married since 1995!
Tried: Naturopath, Chinese herbs, Acupuncture, Homeopathy
4 un-medicated IUI's BFN
IVF # 1 18 eggs retrieved, 16 mature, 8 out of 16 fertilized (1/2 ICSI, half IVF), 5 made it to day 5 blast, transferred two, froze 3
first ever BFP m/c
FET #1 medicated, transferred two, started spotting 2 days later, full blown AF 5 days later (decided I don't react well to Estrace, will do natural frozen next time) BFN
FET #2 natural (but still with progesterone (crinone) support, transferred last blast from IVF #1 BFN
IVF #2 16 eggs retrieved, decided not to do ICSI this time since cycle #1 showed eggs could fertilize on their own, only 3 fertilized! None made it to blast for transfer no transfer! Disaster!
IVF #3 decided to add some repronex to the stims and do all ICSI. 18 eggs, 17 mature and 15 fertilized, 8 made it to day 5 blast. Transferred two blasts, froze 6 BFN
FET#3 added 3 HCG booster shots and doubled up on the crinone to prevent me from spotting early (as I often do), transferred 2 blasts, no spotting but a BFN anyway
FET #4- added ovidral just before my natural ovulation so they could pin point it more accurately with the 36 hour window, HCG shots again, plus double crinone BFN
January 2009 Consult with new RE in Markham - he finds a small septum, resected April 29, 09 - tells me to now try my last two frozen blasts
FET #5 - ET scheduled for June 15 (natural cycle with trigger, HCG booster and crinone) - BFN
On to Plan B- Switch clinic to Markham for
#4 Fresh IVF with IVIg, exploring immune testing - start BCP Sept 20. ER around week of Oct. 25
9 eggs retrieved, 1 immature, 1 fractured. 7 to work with. 4 out of 7 fertilized (Day 3: 1 8 cell grade 1, 2 8 cell grade 2 and 1 morula). Day 5 transferred 1 great blast and 1 morula (1 morula and 1 10 cell did not make it to freezing).
Beta Nov. 11 - BFP! (550) I am in shock!
Issues with spotting, Nov 20, second beta 11,000 and early ultrasound: saw gestational sac and yolk sac in the right place but concern about a cyst or possible ectopic near my ovary as well, 4 more ultrasounds over a 10 day period, last ultrasound on Dec. 2 'cyst' has not grown and baby measuring on target at 7wks, 1day with a heart beat of 153bpm.
Now taking Lovenox due to 2 heterozygous thrombophilias
Ultrasound on Dec. 18 (9 weeks, 5 days) baby on track, hb 167
Ultrasound on Dec. 22 due to extra heavy spotting, baby still measuring on track, hb 167 and dancing
Ultrasound on Jan. 8 (12 weeks, 5 days) baby on track, hb 160, baby doing crunches!
18 week anatomy scan scheduled for Feb. 16 - they lost my blood work for the second part of the IPS so no results for that today (they took blood again) but the 18 week scan went great, baby looked awesome and even gave us a little wave in between sucking her thumb and inspecting her toes. Yes, I said "her" - it's a little girl!
20 week ultrasound at Mt. Sinai and they agree, so far so good.
IPS results are in and they are excellent!
EDD: July 19, 2010
Baby girl arrived at 39 weeks, 2 days! July 14, 2010 3:12 am, weighing 7 pounds even.
May 2013 - The IVF Journey continues...one last try to see if a sibling is in the cards...
Did LIT, IVIg, Lovenox and low dose aspirin. 5 eggs retrieved, 1 immature, 1 fractured, 3 to work with, 2 fertilized with ICSI.
June 5, day 3 transfer of 2 8 cell grade 2 embryos.BFN
April 2014, one very last try - natural IVF with intralipids this time, 2! dominant follicles, 2 mature eggs retrieved, both fertilize with ICSI, day 3 transfer scheduled for April 13, transferred 1 8-cell grade one and 1 6-cell grade one (also using Lovenox and low dose ASA) fx!

#4023 LastTry

LastTry
  • Global 100+
  • 261 posts
  • My Clinic:Kitchener KARMA

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:12 AM

Hi gals, Since I am in my 2ww of a natural IVF cycle I wanted to post this article about it as it seems of particular interest to the over 40 and poor responder crowd.

http://www.independe...ch-2277983.html

If my DH would only believe in this approach...

Great article!

Me&DH 40+, 2 kids (teenagerssmile.png )

ttc for #3 since 2010

3 miscarriages 8388.gif 8388.gif 8388.gif  (all 1st trimester natural pregnancies) 2010-2012

RPL testing: my results are normal except low progesterone; DH - moderate\severe Male factor: below norm motility and morphology

IUI#1 (October 2013) - th_abfn.gif , in 2 weeks developed  a big 4.5 cm cyst

IVF+IMCI+(possible)PGS #1.1 (January 2014)- mad.gif cancelled because of 2 new big cysts and  abnormally high estrogen.

IVF+IMCI+(possible)PGS #1.2 (March 2014) - long protocol

11 good size follies before trigger (13-24mm); 5 eggs retrieved; 3 fertilized; 2 embryos on day 3; nothing to transfer on day 5 eusa_wall.gif

moving to DE or embryo adoption option 

#4024 anytime now

anytime now
  • Cyclebase
  • 2,558 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:44 PM

I did try to reset password but hit snags. Haven't had time since. Fingers crossed Mouse!!
  • mouse likes this
Me: 44 (sigh) DB is 40 (Dear boyfriend!)

TTC from March 2009-March 2011 before DB had arrived on the scene
About 9 IUIs, 3 IVFs total

2 pregnancies with 7 week miscarriage requiring D&C
2 chemical pregnancies

April 2011 began a relationship now with a wonderful guy with an 8 year old son.
Sept 2011 Natural BFP while trying not to conceive (how ironic)
First Beta Day 15 from LMP was 851, Beta 4, 19 days post ovulation 5382
7wk US showed a heartbeat of 150! 9 wk US HB 185

May 19 2012 DS is born!!

#4025 My Angle-Mybaby1

My Angle-Mybaby1
  • 44 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Center

Posted 16 April 2014 - 02:18 PM

Have you ever had embryos go to day 5 before transferring? I am just wondering what your RE is doing differently friom cycle to cycle because you have had 4 failed cycles? Have you had your AMH levels done?

Hi,,,yes one time ,first IVF cycle I have had day 5 embryo.unfortunatley each time my re has changed!
my amh was around 1.14 near 7 month ago.
Me: 41   No identified issues (except age)blush.png 
DH: 41   Perfect !
TTC for 3  years

2 month letrozol Sep,Oct 2010
Natural pregnancy Nov 2010
early miscarriage
Laparoscopy Oct 2011(everything was normal)
Hysteroscopy march 2012(Removed endometrial polyp)
ICSI # jun 2012
ER - 2 egg retrieved
ET - 5dt (1 Blastocyst-good quality )
ICSI # Aug 2012
ER -3 egg retrieved
ET - 3dt (1 8cell,1 6cell,1 3 cell)
Hysteroscopy Oct 2012(Removed small fibrom)
Nov 2012(start DHEA 50mg,Omega3,Coq10 200mg,Asprin,Prenantal)
IuI # Jan 2013
Natural IuI # Feb 2013
April 2013( Start Intralipid)
ICSI # May 2012
ER -3 egg retrieved
ET - 4dt (1 Blast,1 8cell,1 8 cell)
First App with Dr. Virro Aug 2013
All blood test,sono,immune test have done.
follow up App with Dr.virro,Low lad number,Nkcells borderline,LIT recommended,Dexamethasone 1mg,preg vit5
Nov,Dec 2013 LIT treatment-Lad number Increased
Jan 2014 see Naturopath ,(Coq10 ubiquinol,Dhea,Cerebrovital PQQ,NAC,Pro Omega D ,VitD,Preg5,Dexameathasone,Thyroid Px,Levothyroxine)
Endo biopsy March ,20
Start Stim (150 puregon+75 Menopur) March23
ER April 5 Left O= 2.1,1.8,1.4,1.2 Right O= 1.8,1.7,1,8 just 2 follicel retrieved from left
E2=3884 lh=0.3 Endo thickness= .67
ET April 9 one day 3 embryo grade2-3 cell