#1 chouette

chouette
  • Cyclebase
  • 131 posts
  • Dx:Cancer
  • My Clinic:Create

Posted 13 January 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hi,

I just had my 3 day embryo transfer today with 2 embryos - one was 6 celled and the other was 5 celled. I think the 6 cell was graded a "1" and the other one was graded a "2". (At my clinic, "1" is highest quality and descends from there.) The doctor stated that it is preferable for the embryos to have reached 8 cells by the end of the 3 days. Are my chances for success negatively affected by this? Or are some embryos just a little slower than others? Anyone else out there with this kind of experience? Thanks!
April 2004 - Trachelectomy surgery (removal of cervix) due to cancer
May 2004 Lymph nodes clean - no further treatment required
May 2009 - scar tissue and stenosis identified due to surgery
May 2009 - low AMH / ovarian reserve identified
June 2009 - Surgery to remove damaged fallopian tubes (bilateral) and endometrioma (resulting from stenosis)
IVF #1 Antagonist protocol - BFN
IVF #2 Micro-dose Flare - BFN
April 2010 - IVF #3 Minimal Stimulation - single embryo transfer - first BFP ever!
Beta #1 - 25 (yikes)
Beta #2 - 76
Beta #3 - 352
Beta #4 - 1653
May 11 2010 ultrasound shows one little bean with h/b of 132!

#2 Good Fortune

Good Fortune
  • 1000+
  • 1,550 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Wessex

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:53 PM

You must have read my mind because I was wondering the same about my lonely little embryo.
But do we really want to hear we haven't got a prayer? I think I'll just try and be hopeful instead.
5 bites at the IVF cherry, no 2 lines, no babies, despite some "good" cycles.

NK cells tested March17th 2010. HIGHLY ELEVATED - 24%

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

src="http://pctf.pitapata.com/TikiPic.php/bKtI.jpg" width="100" height="80" border="0" alt="PitaPata - Personal picture" /> width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="PitaPata Cat tickers" />

#3 wishuponastar

wishuponastar
  • Cyclebase
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:I love reading, scrapbooking, music, spending the day with my beautiful daughters.
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RFP, Foothills Hospital, Calgary, AB

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:58 PM

Hi there - my transfer was day 3 - 7 cells. I thought for sure it was going to fail because the embies weren't 8 cells but thankfully I was wrong - and worried myself sick over one measily little cell! Also, a few ladies on here had success with 6-celled embies too (recently). In my case, I was sure that the doc was just pulling my leg when they told me the embies were excellent...I figured they were just going through the motions and doing the transfer so that I wouldn't have a breakdown. Guess I should've believed them because I am just over 29 weeks now. If your doc tells you they're worth a transfer, you just have to believe that and hope for the best - unfortunately, even girls with perfect 8-celled embies and amazing day 5 blasts can end up with nothing, and luckily, ladies with "lower-quality" embies have success all the time! Good luck, and I hope this is the one!
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

#4 Good Fortune

Good Fortune
  • 1000+
  • 1,550 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Wessex

Posted 14 January 2010 - 03:13 AM

Thank you Wish! I thought my clinic was humouring me too and putting it back to look like they were doing something, LOL!
5 bites at the IVF cherry, no 2 lines, no babies, despite some "good" cycles.

NK cells tested March17th 2010. HIGHLY ELEVATED - 24%

When did I realize I was God? Well, I was praying and I suddenly realized I was talking to myself.

src="http://pctf.pitapata.com/TikiPic.php/bKtI.jpg" width="100" height="80" border="0" alt="PitaPata - Personal picture" /> width="400" height="80" border="0" alt="PitaPata Cat tickers" />

#5 mouse

mouse

Honorary PhD

• Cyclebase
  • 3,479 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:BKK/KWI/JHFC

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:23 AM

My clinic has a sheet with their 'general practices and policies' that outlines what their minimum requirements for a 3 day transfer are. They'll put back embies from 4 cells and it says that they've seen lots of those succeed. My RE says that some embies march to their own beat but develop just as well as others, especially once they're back on their 'home' ground.

me 48, he 50 30 years together!
History: ectopic; late miscarriage
Many child 'free' years
Success on 2nd IVF (Halleujah! and happy 44th birthday to me!)
SHE'S HERE! SHE'S HERE!Born 05/11/2010 8:25pm. 5 lbs 13 ozs of absolute sunshine!
Tea parties, mud pies, and glitter!
Exploring options for IVF#3 (OE).
Test results appear promising and we are greenlighted.
4 mature eggs retrieved 04/06/14. All fertilized normally; scheduled for transfer on 04/09/14.
All 4 on board; beta set for 04/17/14. Second beta scheduled for 04/21/14. 3rd beta set for 04/23/14. Sono to see what might be going on set for 04/24.
Waiting game is over; another ectopic.

#6 Dr. Sai Ma

Dr. Sai Ma
  • 416 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 24 January 2010 - 11:33 PM

Hi,

I just had my 3 day embryo transfer today with 2 embryos - one was 6 celled and the other was 5 celled. I think the 6 cell was graded a "1" and the other one was graded a "2". (At my clinic, "1" is highest quality and descends from there.) The doctor stated that it is preferable for the embryos to have reached 8 cells by the end of the 3 days. Are my chances for success negatively affected by this? Or are some embryos just a little slower than others? Anyone else out there with this kind of experience? Thanks!

The idea condition is that embryo is at 8 or more cells on day 3. Those embryos should have a great potential. However, not all of embryos will be at that stage. The most important sign of whether embryos will implant is to see if there is difference between day 2 and day 3. If embryo is at 5 or 6 cell stage on day 2, it won't change on day 3. That means that embryos are arrested and prognosis is not great. Otherwise, it should fine even they are at 5-6 cell stage.

Good luck,
Sai
Are you an IVF-ICSI patient (of any clinic)? You're invited to join a study of genetic outcomes in pregnancies conceived by In-vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) with Dr Sai Ma, PhD.