11959 replies to this topic

#11951 Mandy2017

Mandy2017
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 17 March 2017 - 02:55 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm just wondering did anyone do Ivig recently at Markham? I'm a patient of dr virro but hasn't done Ivig and is wondering how many rounds of ivig and when was Ivig administered?

Thank you!

#11952 hbbg

hbbg
  • Global 100+
  • 353 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor
  • My Clinic:Markham (current) Hannam (previous)

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:38 PM

Hi

Thanks, yes I'm happy with our results, I hope you have the same!! So for me they did a huge array of tests including the standard stuff like genetic, egg reserve, hormones, thyroid, blood clotting, lupus, STDs, most of which you probably did in the past but he also does immune tests after retrieval on Natural Killer cells, antibodies, cytokines, MTHR etc. Stuff other clinics don't know about. That's where I found my issue, that I have really high cytokines (inflammation) and low antibodies. Not sure if this test is done for all.

As for the GF diet, I've known for a few years that I have an high intolerance, I was tested and I experimented myself, but I mostly ignored it. But once I found out about my high inflammation being the problem I went off completely because gluten def contributes. I feel great, no bloating, constipation and more energy! So it really works for me.

I'm crossing my fingers for you! Let me know how it goes. smile.png

We just did the bloodwork and I know some stuff was covered, and some I just have no idea what it was lol. He sounds like he is very thorough! I'm really glad to hear that g/f is working so well for you!!! I hope it helps make this upcoming cycle great for you!

******* Holly *******

#11953 hbbg

hbbg
  • Global 100+
  • 353 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham (current) Hannam (previous)

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:39 PM

Hi Everyone!

I'm just wondering did anyone do Ivig recently at Markham? I'm a patient of dr virro but hasn't done Ivig and is wondering how many rounds of ivig and when was Ivig administered?

Thank you!

I don't even know what Ivig is but I hope someone here can give you some answers. Did you ask him about it yet?

******* Holly *******

#11954 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts
  • Dx:Immunological
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Centre

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Hi Everyone!

Thank you!

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture
IVF 2016 - 8 healthy PGS blasts
2 rounds of LIT (spouse and donor)
2 rounds of Humira for high cytokines (50)

Currently waiting for cytokines to reduce before FET
Gluten-free, omega, 4mg folate, mag, vitamin D

#11955 Cristine

Cristine
  • 1000+
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Hi ladies!  Just thought I would check in.  Looks like we got some new ladies on this thread which is nice.

janiek - Sorry, I have never met with Dr Dzineku so not sure!

KPL - Hope you were able to proceed with your IUI this month.  Good luck!  As for the success rates, it really does depend on your individual situation and your age.  I think Dr V told me 40% chance of success...that was when I was 36/37.  Try not to focus too much on the stats...you are in great hands with Dr V.  

Pwal - Who ended up doing your transfer?  I sucks when it isn't Dr V but rest assured the other docs are great too.

Mandy - Sorry, not sure about the IVIG.  I think it might be once or twice though.

Spencemom - I don't have any experience with Humira but maybe someone else will chime in.  8 PGS normal blasts is Ah..MA...ZING. 

hbbg - Like spencemom said, how quickly you get started really depends on what is uncovered in your test results.  Dr V will not proceed with IVF unless things look good...no septum, etc.  Good luck!

elephantshoes my friend!!  How was your appt with Dr V?  Did you end up doing the LIT?  FET soon?  xoxo

More details on our infertility journey in 'About Me' page

Me: 40, DH: 43

TTC for many years - severe male factor - Obstructive Azoospermia

DEIVF in Zlin, Czech Republic - March/April 2017

Jan 25 - AF arrives, start BCP

Feb 21 - Lupron Depot shot

Mar 13 - start Estrace (2mg 3x per day)

#11956 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 07:14 PM

Hi Mandy

I haven't done IVIG because he told me to try Humira first because it's a bit cheaper. But I may have to do it if Humira doesn't work. I think it's about 4K for two sessions of IVIG and it done before transfer and after. But I'm not positive. Are you doing it because you have high cytokines? Good luck to you!

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture

#11957 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 238 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:33 PM

#11958 Someday

Someday
  • Global 100+
  • 238 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 17 March 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hi Mandy

I haven't done IVIG because he told me to try Humira first because it's a bit cheaper. But I may have to do it if Humira doesn't work. I think it's about 4K for two sessions of IVIG and it done before transfer and after. But I'm not positive. Are you doing it because you have high cytokines? Good luck to you!

The cost of ivig is based upon weight. At the time I did it I weighed about 110 lbs and it cost about 3 k. Dr Virro has mentioned some woman have treatments that cost 5 k each. It's not cheap but I skipped he humira and just did the ivig because I didn't want to wait and spend more money if it didn't work. I truly believe that ivig was what got me successfully pregnant. I also had high cytokines and low lads. I did 2 LIT and 3 or 4 intralipids (can't remember ) but the intralipids did not work for me. Typically Dr Virro does ivig on day 3 if you are having a day 5 transfer. I never had another one after that. He did not think it was needed.

#11959 Spencemom

Spencemom
  • Just Hatched
  • 20 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

Hi Mandy

Thanks for the info. So IVIG worked for you? I'm happy to hear that. If my cytokines don't go down to 30 I think he's going to put me on it too. How high were your cytokines?

Age 34
TTC since 2012
4 losses before 9 weeks

1 baby w/ anencyphaly

1 year of acupuncture

#11960 Mandy2017

Mandy2017
  • Just Hatched
  • 2 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained

Posted 18 March 2017 - 01:51 PM

Thanks everyone for your replies. Thanks someday on the Ivig info. Much appreciated!

Spencemom, I haven't done Ivig before it would be my first time doing it. I've done intrallipids and my levels went down but not enough. I think it was in the 40 range and dropped to low thirties...borderline. I did a transfer and it was not successful.

Another question....has anyone done the era test and found out the implantation window was off? I've heard it happens about five percent of the time...

Thanks again!