3 replies to this topic

#1 hideho

hideho
  • Cyclebase
  • 83 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:28 AM

Hi friends,

I have a question for you. I have one more day of stims, and my estrogen today is just over 10,000. When do RE's start to worry about hyperstimulation? I feel fine, with some twinges and discomfort (mild), near my ovaries. What is a 'normal-high' estrogen level at this stage of the game?

Thanks for ANY thoughts any of you may have on this.

Thanks,

HDH

#2 tabby

tabby
  • Cyclebase
  • 1,336 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:44 AM

US or Canadian units?

I ended my stims at 23000 Canadian units (about 6000 US units). I think my doctors would have preferred it lower.
me: 41 dh:47
ttc from Sept 06
dx: endometriosis

Six clomid cycles including
two IUIs led to one pregnancy
that ended in m/c
IVF #1 in Jan/Feb 09 BFN
8 frosties

FET May 7, 09 BFP!!!
First u/s June 9 at 7w1d: a healthy singleton with a hb of 137bpm
August 20 (four months pg): It's a boy!
DS born February 4, 2010

#3 hideho

hideho
  • Cyclebase
  • 83 posts
  • Dx:N/A

Posted 05 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

Hi friends,

I have a question for you. I have one more day of stims, and my estrogen today is just over 10,000. When do RE's start to worry about hyperstimulation? I feel fine, with some twinges and discomfort (mild), near my ovaries. What is a 'normal-high' estrogen level at this stage of the game?

Thanks for ANY thoughts any of you may have on this.

Thanks,

HDH

Sorry Canadian units...I think my RE will want to drop my dosage b/c they think it is too high, but I don't think it is. He doesn't like to see the estrgen rise >10,000. Which to me sounds sooo conservative from what I have read on here. I am curious what other folks had their estrogen levels like shortly prior to ER.

#4 divajen

divajen
  • 893 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Hannam

Posted 07 April 2009 - 03:07 PM

It really depends on how many follicles you have going as well. As a very general rule of thumb, each follicle should have around 1,000 units of estrogen to be considered mature at the time of retrieval. That last part is key - at retrieval. So if you have 20 follicles right now, 10,000 is okay. But if you have 6, it might be a bit on the high side.

Having said that, my levels were around 8,000 when I triggered so I don't know what they were at retrieval. I had 21 measurable follicles, they retrieved 15 and 14 were mature. I doubt I made it to 14,000 in a day and a half, but still had mature eggs. So again, it's not a hard and fast rule but a guideline.

If you're concerned, ask your clinic if you should begin a OHSS watch protocol, which basically has you consuming a lot of sodium, watching to see if your weight increased substantially in a short period of time, etc.
Shannon (36) and Micheal (39)
TTC since 12/04 - PCOS, mild MF - Five rounds of clomid - Four cycles cancelled because of cysts - Three failed IUI's (one with injectables) - Two fertility clinics - And an IVF/ICSI partridge in a pear tree
IVF/ICSI #1 cancelled - IVF/ICSI #2 ER Sept 18 - 15 eggs!!! 14 mature, 10 fertilized.
ET Sept 23 - transferred two beautiful high grade blasts! 5 blast kidsicles on ice. :)
October 1 - Early beta due to spotting - 7. Low progesterone, had to switch to PIO.
October 3- PIO working. Progesterone increases from 8 to 74, and beta of 27.
October 7 -(original beta date) 151 . Low positive.
October 9 - 273. Not doubling but still 'within standards'
October 14 - 1482. 97% doubling rate! Good news!
October 20 - u/s not great. Baby measuring a week behind, no hb.
October 27 - wonky again. Measuring 6w1d and I'm 7w4d. But there's a h/b of 89.
November 3 - negative growth, but hb of 114.
November 10 - miscarriage, 9w4d

FET #1 March 2009 - BFN :(
Tried on our own April 2009 - BFN
IUI # 4 with femara May 9, 2009 - BFN
IUI # 5 with femara June 5, 2009 - BFN. Again. Gettin' kinda sick of this.

IVF #3 August/September - started stims August 22.
September 4 - ER 7 eggs, 7 mature, 3 fertilized
September 7 - ET - transferred 3 grade 2 embies, two seven cell and one 8 cell
September 21 - negative beta. Epic fail.

Apparently I make crap eggs. Taking 800mgs/day of Co-Q10 since October 2009, then will do high dose IUI sometime in June/July.

Will likely start up the blog again http://seedsininfert...il.blogspot.com when we get rolling.

Please, please, please...