List your IVF success here ! - Page 12 - IVF/FET/IUI Cycle Buddies - IVF.ca Forums

Photo
* * * * - 11 votes

List your IVF success here !

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

#276 Dee1985

Dee1985
  • Global 100+
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, Knitting, Sewing, Crafts
  • Dx:Genetic
  • My Clinic:OVO Clinic

Posted 22 November 2014 - 05:11 PM

Name: Danielle
How long TTC: NA. My husband and I always knew IVF was the only way. We started IVF process a year ago.
Diagnosis or any known issues: I have no eggs. No period.
Treatments you tried before IVF: NA
How many IVF did you do before success: 2. 3rd's a charm!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes. First batch of donor eggs didn't work. Second donor eggs (from a different donor) worked.
Protocol (meds taken): Climara, Progesterone shots, Asaphen
How many follicles at ER: NA
How many eggs retrieved: 8 eggs were shipped to us
How many eggs fertilized: 3 5-day embryos
How many days between ER and ET: NA
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 blast
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Bloating, some nausea, but no sickness and sore nipples at first
What day you got your BFP: Nov. 20th
HPT before blood test: Positive 6dpt and 7dpt
Number of first beta: 128. Second beta was today: 340!
Number of babies: I hope only one!!!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Keep silent about the process. I told too many people my first transfer and hated being asked if I was pregnant when it failed. Very heartbreaking.
  • Hope., errantlight, nikki_att and 1 other like this

Jan. 2014 - 3-day embryo transfer (frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFN

Mar. 2014 - FET (same cycle): BFN

Nov. 2014 - 5-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, frozen egg & fresh sperm): BFP

July 2015 - Baby girl is born!

Sep. 2016 - FET (same cycle): BFN 

Jan. 2018 - 3-day embryo transfer (new cycle & donor, fresh egg & fresh sperm): BFP

#277 Seems like forever

Seems like forever
  • Global 100+
  • 807 posts
  • Dx:Male Factor

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:26 AM

How long TTC: 4+yrs
Diagnosis or any known issues: Thyroid antibodies and insulin resistance AND the hubby has a vericocel which is causing a very low count
Treatments you tried before IVF: only timed intercourse
How many IVF did you do before success: one fresh and one frozen
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: no
Protocol (meds taken):first round suprefact, BCP, estrace, Gonal F, menopur, endometrim. Second round metformin, DHEA, Co-Q10, menopur, bravelle, cetrotide, endometrim.
How many follicles at ER: first round 30+ second round 17
How many eggs retrieved: first round 15, second round 10
How many eggs fertilized: first round 9, second round 4
How many days between ER and ET: first round 5, second round 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: first round 3 blasts each transfer, second round 2 day three
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing no symptoms 
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt
HPT before blood test: yes about 15 of them I loved seeing that second line
Number of first beta: 248
Number of babies: one beautiful baby boy
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: lean on your husband, he's there for you he loves you he will help you get through this you don't have to carry all the weight yourself. also get a second opinion before you start and don't be afraid to ask questions.

Me: 33DH: 38 

Dx: DH-Severe Male Factor Me-Thyroid antibodies, low AMH, Insulin resistance 

TTC: 6+ years

see more under the about me page

#278 janaya825

janaya825
  • Global 100+
  • 296 posts
  • Dx:Tubal
  • My Clinic:Markham

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:10 PM

Name: Janaya825
How long TTC: 5 + years
Diagnosis or any known issues: age, blocked tubes, discovered immune issues
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: 3
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No
Protocol (meds taken): 150 Puregon/150 Menopur/Orgalutron/many vitamins COQ10 600mg daily, fish oil, maca,Royal Jelly 400mg
How many follicles at ER: 4
How many eggs retrieved: 4
How many eggs fertilized: 4
How many days between ER and ET: normally 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 5 day blast- quality 1 3BBO
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping, spotting 1 week after transfer
What day you got your BFP: Sept 15, my bday ☺
HPT before blood test: yes but it showed a negative..well at least I thought so until after the beta I looked at the old test and saw it was a positive! Nervousness I guess
Number of first beta: 390
Number of babies: 1 baby
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: That the process doesnt always work on the first try. It took us 3 fresh cycles, 4 FETs. Along the way I did get pregnant on my 2 FET but it was an ectopic and I lost my tube. On the last fresh cycle we did PGS testing and had 4 blasts plus 1 from the previous cycle. We had them tested and out of 5 only 2 came back normal (1 was from the previous cycle). We retested my immune issues and did IVIG before we transferred the blast from the most recent fresh cycle and got pregnant. The whole process is nerve wracking and takes patience and a good support system. Eliminate the negative people in your life during the process. Also be your own advocate, ask questions, research your clinic or other clinics, research vitamins that can help in egg quality. Dont limit yourself, in the beginning you may only think you will need 1 cycle but it may turn out you need more. You have to decide how far you can go in terms of cycles, $$, treatments etc and last of all communicate with the important people in your life i.e your DH or partner, God, or if you are going it alone have someone to talk to when the going gets rough. In the end most of us will achieve our dream, we may just take many different paths to get there. Good luck to all!!

Me-42 DH-46TTC-4+ years-Initially tried on our own and got pregnant but was an ectopic :(Jan 2010-HSG done and showed both tubes open.Feb 2010-Found a clinic called MCF (not Markham) that only did IUIs. Did 3 cycles with clomid and timed intercourse and 1 cycle with IUI. All BFN. Decided that we should go to a Mount Sinai based on a friend's recommendation.Nov 2010-got in to see Dr at MS. Advised to try IUI with injectables.HSG with the dye came back 'inconclusive' but went a head based on previous test IUI in Feb 2011-BFN /IUI in May 2011-BFN. Decided I didnt like the vibe at MS and felt I was lost in the shuffle over there.Researched on this forum and others and decided to get a referral to Dr. Virro in Markham April 2011 referral sent to Dr. Virro Nov 2011Finally got in to see Dr. V Dec 2011-f/up on bw and u/sJan 5th 2012-start BCP CD1 Jan 31-2012 U/S on Feb 1-showed a cyst on my right ovary so no meds to start title=":(" alt="sad.png"> Feb 2-2012- Dr.V drained my cyst and able to start meds 150 pur/150 menp Feb 7-started Orgalutron Cycle almost cancelled due to not responding well to meds Feb 10-stims started working yay! Feb 19- ER-8 eggs retrieved! Feb 20-got call from lab for report on embies -1 fractured,2 fertilized incorrectly,1 didn't fert at all--other 4 we will have to see. FXd for them to be good quality Feb 21-got embie report 2 have matured and divided as they should. ET scheduled for Feb 23! Feb 23- out of the 4 we have decided to transfer 1 and have 2 more on ice. 1 didn't develop any further Feb 29-started to have crampsMarch 2- AF started href='src='>src="https://ivf.ca/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png" title=":(" alt="sad.png">href='src='>src="https://ivf.ca/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png" title=":(" alt="sad.png">March 8-Follow up with Dr.V FET planned for May 2012 April 30-called in my day 1 May 7- went in for b/wET-May 14 2012May 25-BFN Waiting for WTH appt in early JuneJune 11-f/up with Dr. V and have decided to explore immune testingJuly 13- completed all b/w for ABC Aug 17- phone consult with ABC to discuss immune testing results Sept 6- Follow up with D.V to discuss treatment for high NK cells and low LADs. LIT and IVIG recommended Sept 13- first LIT Oct 4- 2nd LIT Oct 29- re-test of LADs and NKsNov 1- ABC cleared me to cycleNov 9- F/up with Dr. V- Going to do a natural frozen transfer.Nov 22-day 1/started calcium and lovenox Dec 1- blood work countinued until Dec 5 Dec 4-u/s for lining check Dec 9 -transfer scheduled Dec 21- Beta- positive but low Dec 24-2nd beta-rising (more than doubled) Dec 28- beta rising (# increasing well) Jan 4 2013-beta still rising but not as high as it should be Jan 9-u/s to check viability/rule out ectopic Jan 9-had u/s but couldn't see anything in tubes or uterus. Beta still rising steady. Dr thinks it is too earlyJan 10- had pain and bleeding. Decided to go to the hospital. Got checked out and it is an ectopic in right tube. Jan 11-24-Treated with Methotrexate 2x.Jan 25- emerg surgery to remove baby from tube. Ended up losing right tube href='src='>src="https://ivf.ca/forums//public/style_emoticons/default/sad.png" title=":(" alt="sad.png"> Giving myself time physically/emotionally healing. In May and June did my immune treatmentsJuly 2013- Fresh IVF cycle-a total of 8 eggs and transferred 1 great blast and 3 frozen. Ended in BFN after 6 days!  We are crushed!Sept 2013- FET- transferred 2 great blasts and resulted in BFP!! Beta was 1262!Ended in missed miscarriage on Nov 19,2013- CRUSHED!!!D & C on Nov 20-going to take time to heal.Feb 2014 met with Dr. V and he advised we should do PGS testing with a fresh cycle and include the 1 last frozen we have to be tested.Went ahead with fresh cycle in July and had 5 blasts in total sent off to have PGS testingOut of 5 only 2 were 'normal' and that included the one from the previous cycle that was frozen.Did immune re-testing and only need IVIGSept 3- FET of 1 3BBO blastSept 15-BFP!!! Beta 390!!!Oct 6-first U/S-everything looks goodNov 19- 12 week U/S everything looks good Jan 6 2015 20 wks everything looks good. DD born early and healthy May 2015. We are in love!!!
Aug 2021- getting myself physically and mentally ready for a frozen cycle.

#279 Tina🐝

Tina🐝
  • 33 posts
  • My Clinic:Advanced fertility centers of Chicago

Posted 23 February 2015 - 09:56 PM

Name: Kristine
How long TTC: 1 year
Diagnosis or any known issues: male factor infertility due to microdeletion in y chromosme (genetic)
Treatments you tried before IVF: none
How many IVF did you do before success: it worked on the 1st try!!!
Protocol (meds taken): follistim/ hcg
How many follicles at ER: 23
How many eggs retrieved: 23
How many eggs fertilized: 22 mature 16 fertilized
How many days between ER and ET: 5
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramps, sore boobs, little dizzy spell
What day you got your BFP: 9 dp5dt
HPT before blood test: no
Number of first beta: 151
Number of babies: not sure yet
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: to go through everything with God!!! Having faith is the reason I made it through this!! Amen!!! Thank you God!!
  • Seems like forever, faith2015 and Bebe05 like this

#280 canadamommy

canadamommy
  • 27 posts
  • Dx:N/A
  • My Clinic:TCART

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:14 PM

Name: Satawan
How long TTC: almost 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: 4 failed iui
How many IVF did you do before success: got pregnant first ivf (ohss no fresh cycle), 2 failed fet then 1 success fet
Protocol (meds taken): natural FET. Low dose hcg every 3 days after ET
How many follicles at ER: 19
How many eggs retrieved: 19
How many eggs fertilized: 11 with ICIS
How many days between ER and ET: 2 month got OHSS after ER
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1 (blasto day5 4AA)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: cramping 3 days after ET, really tired (had to take a nap during the day), no sore boobs though
What day you got your BFP: 14dpt (5 days after low dose hcg) turn up to be real BFP !!!!
HPT before blood test: yes of course !!
Number of first beta: 2460 !
Number of babies: 2 ??
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: hcg left over sucks !! Lol

#281 JES

JES
  • Global 100+
  • 134 posts
  • Dx:Endometriosis
  • My Clinic:OFC, Hannam

Posted 27 March 2015 - 06:27 PM

Name: JES

How long TTC: 3.5 yrs

Diagnosis or any known issues: Endometriosis IV

Treatments you tried before IVF: None

How many IVF: 5 (2 cancelled, 1 BFN, 1 BFP but miscarriage @ 8 weeks, 1 successful BFP)

Protocol: Estrogen Testosterone Priming with Saizen and Acupuncture

How many follicles at ER: 9

How many eggs retrieved: 4 (5 not retrieved)

How many eggs fertilized: 3

How many and quality/ rating of embryos/ blasts transferred: two 4AB blasts and one cavitating morula

Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nausea at 4 - 5 wks

What day you got your BFP: 7dp5dt

HPT before blood test: Yes

Number at first beta: 2210

Number of babies: two but one vanishing twin

Anything else you would have wanted to know before starting this process: IVF is trial and error, doctors don't know everything. sometimes a second opinion or clinic is needed!

Me-37 DH-34
stage IV endo, high FSH, low AMH - TTC since June 2011
Apr 29 2011-laparoscopy to remove endo

OFC

IVF-ICSI #1 Oct-Dec 2011 Agonist
Dec 2 ER - 11 eggs, 8 mature, 5 fertilized
Dec 5 ET (day 3) - two 9-cell embies, one 6-cell didn't make day 5
Dec 19 beta BFN sad.png

IVF-ICSI #2 Apr-May 2012 Antagonist
May 6 Breakthrough ovulation. Retrieval cancelled

IVF-ICSI #3 Jul-Aug 2012 Microflare
July 29 ER - 9 eggs, 6 mature, 0 fertilized WTF!

Hannam

IVF-ICSI #4 Apr-May 2013 Estrogen Testosterone Priming
May 3 ER - 10 eggs, 9 mature, 7 fertilized
May 8 ET (day 5) - 3BB and 4BB blasts! one 4AB frostie
May 15 7dp5dt POAS BFP!
May 22 14dp5dt beta 2563! BFP!!! biggrin.png May 24 16dp5dt beta 5877!
June 6 @ 7w1d u/s one slower HR at 91-100bpm sad.png and one faster at 107bpm but possibly mama's + chorionic hematoma
June 27 @ 10w1d D&C sad.png July 3 @ 11w u/s retained products and given misoprostol to miscarry again

Sept 25 hysteroscopy #1 mild Ashermans - adhesions removed
Oct 11 hysteroscopy #2 - all good!

FET #1 Nov 2013
Nov 25 ET (day 6) - 6BB blast
Dec 1 6dp6dt POAS BFN
Dec 6 11dp6dt beta BFN

Feb 12 2014 hysteroscopy #3 - all good! normal uterine cavity

IVF-ICSI #5 (Final) Sept-Oct 2014 Estrogen Testosterone Priming with Saizen and Acupuncture
Oct 31 ER - 4 eggs retrieved, 5 not retrieved!??... GEFS, 4 mature, 3 fertilized
Nov 5 ET (day 5) - two 4AB blasts and one cavitating morula
Nov 12 7dp5dt POAS BFP!
Nov 19 14dp5dt beta 2210!
Nov 21 16dp5dt beta 4378! Cautiously optimistic
Dec 5 ultrasound @ 7w0d - Baby A at 6w5d but no HR detected sad.png. Baby B at 7w0d with HR of 123bpm! heart.gif
Dec 18 ultrasound @ 8w6d - Baby A still at 6w5d - VTS sad.png. Baby B at 9w0d with HR of 171bpm! heart.gif
Jan 15 ultrasound @ 12w6d - Baby at 13w2d! With a HR of 154bpm! Super active oh my biggrin.png

Feb 13 @ 17w0d - Doppler check with HR of 155bpm! Emoticons09710.gif IPS results also in - normal!

Feb 27 ultrasound @ 19w0d - It's a BOY!!! babyboy.gif

EDD 24 July 2015

He's here!!! Jaxon arrived on July 30, 2015! There are no words to describe the love for this little guy.

0Hgdm5.png

Oct 2018 @ 3 wk5d BFP - beta 19 chemical pregnancy

Sept 26 2019 nausea

Sept 28 2019 BFP! Guessing 6-7 wks

Oct 1 beta 41722

Oct 3 beta 59749

Oct 9 ultrasound at 8w3d with HR of 165bpm

Oct 22 NIPT

#282 Taylor73

Taylor73
  • Just Hatched
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:Cfc

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:21 AM

So who has success with IVF? Tell us about it! (You only need to fill out as much of the questions as you want to. Also, FET successes are welcome as well!)

Thanks, from all of us who need something to obsess and hope over...

Coco
xxx

Name:
Diagnosis or any known issues:
Treatments you tried before IVF:
How many IVF did you do before success:
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:
Protocol (meds taken):
How many follicles at ER:
How many eggs retrieved:
How many eggs fertilized:
How many days between ER and ET:
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:
What day you got your BFP:
HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta:
Number of babies:
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process:

#283 Taylor73

Taylor73
  • Just Hatched
  • 41 posts
  • Dx:Vasectomy
  • My Clinic:Cfc

Posted 15 April 2015 - 02:15 AM

Name: taylor73
How long TTC: Not possible as my husband had a vasectomy over 20 years ago
Diagnosis or any known issues: vasectomy
Treatments you tried before IVF: nil
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 full round of ivf including two FET's 
Protocol (meds taken): progynova, endometrin, puregon, 
How many eggs collected: 13 
How many eggs retrieved:11
How many eggs fertilized:7

Number of Embryos frozen this cycle: 3 x 5 day blastocysts
How many days between ER and ET: 1 week 
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: (total of 3) 1st FET 1x 5 day Blastocyst , 2nd FET 2 x 5 Day Blastocyst
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: A little bleeding on day 9 after FET
What day you got your BFP: day 14

HPT before blood test:
Number of first beta: 1520
Number of babies:

Other comments: I am only 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant.  I am waiting on my results for my second beta which should be phoned through to me in the next hour or two.

#284 Cupid123

Cupid123
  • Global 100+
  • 521 posts
  • My Clinic:Serum Greece

Posted 29 April 2015 - 01:52 PM

C

#285 Phindell

Phindell
  • 64 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 03:36 AM

Name: Phindell
How long TTC: 2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Vasectomy reversal after 11 years 
How many IVF did you do before success: 1, we had success on second fresh IVF
Protocol (meds taken): Long protocol
How many follicles at ER: 6
How many eggs retrieved: 4
How many eggs fertilized: 2
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2, one blast and one marula (had to have assisted hatching)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: nothing. just bloated and cramping from meds probably
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 196
Number of babies: 1
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: The odds were against us with the second round but we got our one golden egg. US will never be United States but Ultra Sound. ET will never be Extra Terrestrial but Egg Transfer. A pipi will never be quick and done with, you will always be checking for blood - paranoid. This is long and hard and with each step there is an up or down. The worrying doesn't stop with a BFP it almost gets worse. I am 14 weeks now and I would do it all over again just to have a little minion growing inside of me. It is truly beyond magic. Keep God close.

• kristeen033 and Seems like forever like this

Me: 37

DH: 46

TTC: N/A

MF: Vasectomy reversal after 11 years.

2014 Feb: IFV #1 BFN, 18 eggs, 14 fertilized with rescue ICSI, 2 Blast ET.

2014 Jun: LapScope to remove endo

2015 Jan: IVF #2 BFP, 6 eggs, 2 fertilized with ICSI, 2 Blast ET.

2015 Sept: DD born at 32 weeks due to ovarian cyst that burst.

2016 Oct: IVF #3

#286 quandry

quandry

Basket Case

• Cyclebase
  • 6250 posts
  • Dx:DOR

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:48 AM

Name: quandry
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: dor, age
Treatments you tried before IVF: clomid, times intercourse, four cancelled iui cycles
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 ivf with loss, 1de ivf success
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: de
Protocol (meds taken): estrogen, oral progesterone, crinone, low molecular heparin, prednisone, folic acid
How many follicles at ER: unknown donor info
How many eggs retrieved: 8
How many eggs fertilized: 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2AA
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: none other than bleeding due to crinone
What day you got your BFP: 8 dp5dt
HPT before blood test: yes bfp.
Number of first beta: 140
  • Seems like forever likes this

See about me page.

#287 ociwoman

ociwoman

Mamma mia

• Global 100+
  • 820 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

Name:  ociwoman
How long TTC: 4 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: DOR and age
Treatments you tried before IVF:  timed intercourse, accupuncture, chinese herbal medicine
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 fresh ivf cycle with donor eggs, then 2 FETs with donor eggs from same batch
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: donor eggs
Protocol (meds taken):  estrogen, vaginal progesterone, baby aspirin, prednisone, folic acid, tamoxifen for thin uterine lining
How many follicles at ER: don't know as was anonymous donor
How many eggs retrieved: 16 retrieved with 14 mature
How many eggs fertilized: 12
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Fresh transfer: 2 blasts (5AA and 5AB), FET #1: 2 blasts (1 hatching and a 5BB); FET# 2: 3 blasts (an AA, an AB and a BB)
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:  nausea, frequent urination, sore breasts,
What day you got your BFP: 6dp5dt

HPT before blood test: yes
Number of first beta: 3995
Number of babies: originally had twins, but one stopped developping at 7 weeks - currently 33 weeks pregnant

#288 Wells

Wells
  • 75 posts
  • My Clinic:Foothills

Posted 05 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

Name: Wells
How long TTC: 3.5 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Male factor (antibodies in semen hurting motility)
Treatments you tried before IVF: Five rounds of IUI. We had a chemical from the third one.
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No.
How many follicles at ER: Not sure. I thought I only had 12-15, but that must have been wrong because... 
How many eggs retrieved: ...they got 29 eggs! 22 mature.
How many eggs fertilized: 14. 10 were looking good on day 3, and 8 made it to blast.
How many days between ER and ET: 5 days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: One blastocyst, don't know the quality other than generally "good".
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Mild OHSS. By 8dp5dt I felt exactly like I did at the end of stims! Bloated and uncomfortable. I built up 12 pounds of fluid in my abdomen and could barely eat.
What day you got your BFP: 10dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes. I was trying to wait, but the OHSS symptoms had me feeling pretty optimistic.
Number of first beta: 456 on 14dp5dt. No repeats, since it was in a good range.
Number of babies: Just one! Perfect for us.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Lean on your community. I had people praying for us, sending us funny texts, and checking in, and it made a huge difference. My mom stayed with me for part of my stims, and my SIL came to take us out for dinner just before retrieval. My sister sent us a fruit bouquet to our hotel, which made me burst into tears! Having all that support meant the world to me.

Me: 30, no issues

Him: 42, poor motility (antibodies)

5 X IUI = 4 BFNs and 1 chemical

Nov 2014, switched to Foothills clinic for IVF w/ICSI

Feb 2015, IVF #1 antagonist protocol

29 retrieved, 22 mature, 14 fert, 8 to blast!

Transferred 1 and froze 7, BFP with a beautiful singleton.

#289 Mayer51313

Mayer51313
  • 10 posts
  • Dx:Unexplained
  • My Clinic:RMANJ

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:30 PM

Name: Elle
Diagnosis or any known issues: unknown
Treatments you tried before IVF: Just natural
How many IVF did you do before success: First time lucky!
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: No.
How many follicles at ER: Not sure.
How many eggs retrieved: ...they got 30
How many eggs fertilized: 20 were looking good on day 3, and 4 made it to blast but only 1 is chromosomally normal
How many days between ER and ET: FET due to polyps
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: One blastocyst, 6BB
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Bloated , PMS symptoms(3 days migraine before 9dpt, cramps, carb
and sweet craving)
What day you got your BFP: 9dpt6dt
HPT before blood test: No
Number of first beta: 107 on 9dpt6dt, 554 11dpt,
Number of babies: Just one! Perfect for us.
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I pray day in they out that this process is gonna work! We did chromosomal testing for the 4 blast,1 is viable, disappointed but we prayed for a child so 1 it is. Day before transfer ate pineapple core snd 4 days after transfer and also ate yams. Acupancture before and after transfer. Wear socks on the way home and wear sock all the time for 4 days. After transfer, we had a good dinner date before going home. Watched funny movie. ....
Age 40

IVF CYCLE:
February 13'15 : 30 embryo retrieved, 20 after 3 days, 4 blastocyst after 6 days,after CCS 1 blastocyst 6BB.
No fresh transfer due to polyps developed

FET CYCLE:
April 22' 15: 1 blastocyst 6BB
May 1' 15 : 1st BETA : 107 ( 9dpt)
May 3'15. : 2nd BETA :551 ( 11dpt)
May 11' 15 :3rd BETA and US ( gestational sac) :HCG 10,348 ( 19dpt) , progesteron > 60 and
1 good looking gestational sac
May 20' 15: 4th BETA and US ( HB) : HB 137bmp, measuring 7.42 mm , beta 54k , progesteron > 50, im 6w4d
May 29'15 :

#290 Casper

Casper
  • 13 posts
  • My Clinic:RFC-Calgary

Posted 22 May 2015 - 04:54 PM

Name: Jess
How long TTC: 3 years
Diagnosis or any known issues: unknown/unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: 2 IUI's/ clomid for 5 cycles 
How many IVF did you do before success: Worked first try smile.png
How many eggs retrieved: 14
How many eggs fertilized: 9 
How many days between ER and ET: day 3 fresh transfer
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 - 7-8 cell
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Bloated , sore breasts!
What day you got your BFP: blood test 14 days after transfer 
HPT before blood test: No (that was hard!)
Number of first beta: 147 on 14dpt3dt
Number of babies: Just one little bean (currently 14 weeks preggers)
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Lots of positive thoughts, kept feet warm with slippers, acupunture before/after transfer, ate as healthy as possible. The crappy part is we had zero eggs to freeze, will need to start from scratch if needing IVF again /: The best of luck to everyone out there! Infertility sucks!!

#291 JCharbs

JCharbs
  • 48 posts
  • My Clinic:Regional Fertility Clinic

Posted 26 June 2015 - 07:09 PM

Name: Joy

How long TTC: 6 yrs 9 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI
How many IVF did you do before success: First time charm
Protocol (meds taken): Antagonist
How many follicles at ER: not sure
How many eggs retrieved: 33
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 1
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: period like cramps, & bloating
What day you got your BFP: 11dp5dt
HPT before blood test:yes
Number of first beta: 630 12dp5dt

Number of babies: not sure yet

#292 DALC

DALC
  • 69 posts
  • My Clinic:One Fertility Kitchener

Posted 04 August 2015 - 04:32 PM

Name: Diana

Diagnosis: unexplained
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI on clomid, femara, and injections

How many IVF did you do before success: Success on first IVF

Protocol: Suprefact 0.2 ml, Puregon, HCG

How many follicles at ER: 40 (numbers counted on day of trigger)

Eggs retrieved: 14

How many eggs fertilized: 8 (ICSI)

Symptoms or issues during 2ww:  Had really bad pain from the ER and was diagnosed with a mild case of ohss. Symptoms subsided around 5dpER. Really painful stabbing cramps (last about 15 seconds) day of transfer and on 2dpt. Also on 2dpt vomited and had diarrhea. As days progressed I got really bad headaches and around 6dp5dt my breasts started to hurt, more so an achy burn by my armpits and underneath.

What day you got your BFP: DH and I tested on 10dp5dt and got a very strong positive on HPT.  Blood test confirmed on 11dp5dt

Number of first beta: 321

Number of second beta: 743

• Alyssaloo likes this

#293 islandchyck

islandchyck
  • Global 100+
  • 343 posts
  • Dx:PCOS
  • My Clinic:Anova Fertility

Posted 05 August 2015 - 04:57 AM

Name: Chantal
How long TTC: 7.5 years
Diagnosis: PCOS
Treatments you tried before IVF: IUI on femara, and injections x9
How many IVF did you do before success: Success on first IVF/FET
Protocol: Gonal-f 75, Repronex 75, Suprefact (trigger)
Eggs retrieved: 18
How many eggs fertilized: 15 (ICSI)
How many days between ER and ET: Waited 2 months after IVF. Did FET with 5 day embryos
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 embies (4AA/4AB)
Symptoms or issues during 2ww:  Heartburn for the first 4 days after transfer, Fatigue, some cramping, sore/heavy breasts, fatigue, food aversion and increased sense of smell.
What day you got your BFP: 5dp5dt
Number of first beta: 139
Number of second beta: 245
Number of babies : 1
TTC #1 since Dec. 2007 ***see profile for details*** April 30, 2015 - ER 18R, 15F, 7 frosties (2 6-day blasts,5 5-day blasts)  23 June 2015 - FET #1 with 2-5 day frosties (4AA & 4AB) with A/H  July 6, 2015 - beta #1 (139) March 1, 2016 - L/O arrived after 8 years of trying!! May 2017 - Sibling Project. Due to funding issues, FET pushed back to April/May 2018 May 2, 2018 - FET #2 with 1-5 day (4AA) with Embryo Glue  May 7, 2018 - BFP May 16, 2018 - beta #1 (54.82) May 18, 2018 - beta #2 (34)

#294 gummybear16

gummybear16
  • 73 posts
  • My Clinic:Genesis

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

Name: Gummybear
How long TTC: N/A
Diagnosis or any known issues: no tubes
How many IVF did you do before success: first try (so supremely lucky)
Protocol (meds taken): bravelle, menopur
How many follicles at ER: don't know...bad at remembering numbers
How many eggs retrieved: 9
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 transferred - 1 was a 4BA blast, the other a morula close to being a blast (wasn't given rating). Was told the blast had a 60-70% chance of implanting, the morula had only 10%
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: a lot of cramps, lower back pain, twinges, breast tenderness...but could have all been meds side effects.
What day you got your BFP: 10dp5dt banana.gif 
HPT before blood test: yes but I got negatives 4dp and 7dp so I was convinced it didn't work
Number of first beta: 201, beta number 2 was 460
Number of babies: one (had ultrasound last week). 174 bpm. About 6mm crown to rump size....so tiny and precious!
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I don't know what to say other than it really takes a toll on you emotionally. The needles are not fun, the discomfort from the enlarged ovaries sucks too, but nothing surpasses the way you feel so out of control. And for us we didn't get any frosties, so it really felt like an all or nothing deal since we were not going to do this again. I still don't feel out of the woods as I am still in the first trimester....but I feel so much gratitude that it worked for us. Because we could have easily been on the other side of that coin and gotten a negative. I won't complain about this pregnancy EVER (weight gain, problems sleeping, nausea or anything else I may encounter) as I know how much of a miracle it was and how much we wanted it, and how much other want it so desperately too but haven't been as fortunate as we have.

Update Feb 23 - baby was born preterm at 26 weeks and 4 days, 3.5 weeks prior my cervix was dilating and I got stitched up to keep her in...after a few complications and my water breaking I went into labour. We tried our best to keep her in as long as possible. She is now in the NICU and is doing really well despite being so preterm and so tiny. We pray she continues to grow stronger. 

• Phindell and Womb Occupied like this

#295 Lola1973

Lola1973
  • Global 100+
  • 556 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:24 AM

Name: Lola1973
How long TTC: 3 years 7 months
Diagnosis or any known issues: Severe endometriosis, advanced maternal age
Treatments you tried before IVF: Laparoscopy, then Dr recommended to go directly to IVF.
How many IVF did you do before success: 4 IVFs with own eggs (2 MCs) and then, 2 transfers with donor eggs
Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Yes (donor eggs)
Protocol (meds taken): Climara, progesterone in oil, Asaphen, Fragmin, Prednisone.
How many follicles at ER: donor eggs
How many eggs retrieved: 
How many eggs fertilized:

How many days between ER and ET: 3
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 3-day embryos transferred - 1 was a  good 12-cell and 1 a 5-cell
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramps on the day of transfer and following day. Breasts felt fuller. Light brown spotting on day 3 to 5 post-transfer. Dark spotting on day 11 post-transfer (Which worried me a lot!). At times, didn't feel good if I was hungry and didn't eat right away... Hard to know what was from the meds vs pregnancy...
What day you got your BFP: 11dp3dt  yahoo.gif 
HPT before blood test: Yes on 11dp3dt (First response)
Number of first beta: 421 (12dp3dt)

Beta number 2 was: 1025 (14dp3dt)
Number of babies: One with perfect size and heartbeat seen on US at 6 weeks, 6 days... So grateful!!! I am still in my first trimester so I hope our little one keeps developing well:)

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: I wish I had known how much harder it is to conceive above 35... I had heard it, but had no idea it would be THIS hard for me... Of course, at that time, like most women, I thought I was "normal" and it would go well for us... I had no idea I had endo... Once you start the process, I encourage you to be very proactive in your treatments: don't be afraid to question things and to change approaches if you keep having failures... Use this forum to get info. There is a lot of knowledge here!  It has been a life saver for me:)

Ttc first child for both of us since February 2012

Surgery and diagnosis of severe endometriosis Nov. 2012

IVF#1 April 2013: BFP 8388.gif   9 weeks

IVF#2 Sept 2013: BFP 8388.gif   9,5 weeks

Clinic 2:

IVF#3 May 2014: Embryo banking: 4 blasts

IVF#4 July 2014: Embryo banking: 3 blasts

PGS Result August 2014: All 7 blasts are abnormal... Moving on to DE.

Clinic 3:

Transfer #1 Feb. 2015: BFN

Transfer #2 June 2015: BFN

Transfer #3 Sept 2015:  th_abfp.gif on hpt Sept 24!!!!

1st beta      12dp3dt: 421    2nd beta     14dp3dt:1025    Viability US (6w6d): One perfect baby measuring 7.0 weeks with HB of 130!! yahoo.gif

8- week US: Cutest little gummy bear measuring 8w1d

Harmony test 10weeks: Risk of trisomy 13, 18 and 21 under 1 in 10,000
20-week US: Baby girl right on track!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers        

#296 Bruna

Bruna
  • Just Hatched
  • 6 posts
  • Dx:Other
  • My Clinic:Toronto

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:19 PM

Name:
How long TTC: 5 Years
Diagnosis or any known issues: Both tubes blocked
Treatments you tried before IVF: None
How many IVF did you do before success: 2
Protocol (meds taken): Puregon and Suprafect
How many follicles at ER: 18
How many eggs retrieved: 15
How many eggs fertilized: 13
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: headache, cramping
What day you got your BFP: 2 days before fathers day
HPT before blood test: BFP
Number of first beta: 2375

#297 mrscargie

mrscargie
  • 78 posts
  • My Clinic:Markham Fertility Clinic / Mount Sinai

Posted 05 November 2015 - 08:30 AM

Name: mrscargie
How long TTC: 2+ years (we have a DS born naturally via ER C-section in 2011)
Diagnosis or any known issues: Secondary Infertility, advanced maternal age

Treatments you tried before IVF: natural, IUI

How many IVF did you do before success: 2 IVF (1 BFN, 1 BFP)

Are you using donor eggs or sperm: Neither

Protocol (meds taken): Orgalutron, Menopur, Orgalutron, HCG, Progesterone, Lovenox

How many follicles at ER: not sure exactly

How many eggs retrieved: 6
How many eggs fertilized: 6

How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: 2 day 5, one fresh transfer,BFN 1 frostie, BFP
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping mostly

What day you got your BFP: 14 dpt yahoo.gif
HPT before blood test: Yes on 11dp3dt

Number of first beta: 135 (14dpt)
Beta number 2 was: 1034 (17dpt)
Number of babies: One

Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: How truly emotional the whole process is, and even though I tried my best to be happy and positive, it's so hard not to get depressed when you keep seeing a BFN. That people can be totally insensitive about what you are going through and the drugs made me a total basketcase!!

Thank goodness for the resources and support that is available here!

Me: 41 DH: 43

Unexplained Secondary Infertility

We have a beautiful son conceived naturally born by ER C-section in 2011

5 Weeks PP, Deep Vein Thrombosis, blood clots formed in my leg, then went to my lungs!!!

Spent 10 days in hospital, on Warfarin for almost a year until end of 2012. Couldn't TTC until off blood thinners

Since then...

March 2014 - 1 Natural pregnancy ended in MC @ 6W

November 2014 - 1 IUI - BFN

December 2014 - 2nd IUI - BFP - MC @ 6W - moving to IVF

May 2015 - Started Stims for IVF, Menopur, Gonal F, Orgalutron, HCG,

6 retrieved, 4 fertilized, 2 made it to blast at 5 days

June 2015 - 5 day blast fresh transfer - BFN

August 2015 - FET scheduled

August 2015 - th_abfp.gif

September 2015 - Viability scan confirms blob with heartbeat thumbup.gif

October 2015 - 12 week scan and follow-up! It's a nailbiter! crsd.gif crsd.gif

Got my referral to Mount Sinai Special Pregnancy Program - very happy

15 weeks and listened to the beautiful music of the heartbeat nice and strong! thumbup.gif thumbup.gif  Fingers still crossed!

31 weeks along now. Can't wait to meet this little one!

Sarah Ashley was born on April 4th 2016, 1:41am, weighing a whopping 9 pounds 11 ounces!

#298 Alyssaloo

Alyssaloo
  • Global 100+
  • 516 posts
  • Interests:Baking, Working out and my Animals. :)
  • My Clinic:Kaiser

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:31 PM

Name: Alyssa
How long TTC:2 years
Diagnosis or any known issues:Male Factor- Low everything
Treatments you tried before IVF: NONE
How many IVF did you do before success: 1 Fresh transfer=Chemical 1FET=BFP
Protocol (meds taken): Follistim, Menopur- Antagonist
How many follicles at ER:  40
How many eggs retrieved: 35
How many eggs fertilized:  8 :(
How many days between ER and ET: 5 Days
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:Fresh Cycle- One 5AA Blast-Chemical, FET- 2- 5AA,4AA Blasts
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Cramping, not like a period more like ovulation pain or pinching on my sides, extreme fatigue
What day you got your BFP: 3.5 days past transfer- it was a squinter
HPT before blood test:Yes everyday starting at day 3
Number of first beta: 160 (8dpt) Follow up Beta 415!! (10dpt)
Number of babies: 2 - fraternal twins
Anything else you would have wanted to know before you started this process: Even when everything looks perfect sometimes it's just not going to work that first try. It's hard to stay positive but attitude is so important in this process. It will all be worth it in the end!

Me (26) DH (35)
Starting our first round of IVF with ICSI 08/2015
DH has extremely low everything
All tests so far say everything with me is good to go.
08/28-ER- 35 eggs, 25 Mature,Only 8 Fertilize with ICSI, 4 made it to Blast, 3 on day 5 and 1 on day 6
9/2/15- Transfered one grade 5AA hatching blast
9/2/15- 3 Icebabies, TWO 5 day 3AA Blasts, ONE - 6 day 5AA Blast
9/9/15-BFP Beta 30
9/11/15-Beta not quite doubling 50
9/14/15- Beta decreased to 45 Chemical Pregnancy

FET Scheduled for November 2nd
9/21/15-Starting BCP.. Here we go again!
10/6/15- Starting Lupron...
10/26/15-Lining check 12.8
11/2- Transfer 2 4-5AA snow babies
11/6- BFP on HPT beta on 11/10
11/10- Beta @ 8DPT- 160th_abfp.gif banana.gif

11/12 Beta @ 10DPT- 415!! yahoo.gif

11/30- Two Heartbeats!!! It's Twins!!! babyboy.gif babygirl.gif

2/1- IT'S GIRLS babygirl.gif babygirl.gif

#299 iheartmemories

iheartmemories
  • Global 100+
  • 400 posts
  • My Clinic:NCCRM

Posted 20 November 2015 - 02:09 PM

Name:  Angela
How long TTC:   Well, I've always known I would need IVF because I had no tubes but we started the process in July 2014.  Had to do a "freeze all" due to high estrogen in August 2014.  Then, first FET failed in September.  Fast forward to July 2015, FET no 2 worked.
Diagnosis or any known issues:   No fallopian tubes and male factor infertility
Treatments you tried before IVF:   None
How many IVF did you do before success:   Freeze all, had to wait out a cycle.  FET 1 failed.
Are you using donor eggs or sperm:   No
Protocol (meds taken):   For stim cycle, I used Menopur and Gonal F with Lupron for trigger.  For successful FET, I used estrogen patches, baby aspirin, and progesterone in oil.
How many follicles at ER:  17
How many eggs retrieved:  10
How many eggs fertilized:  Out of 8 mature eggs, 6 fertilized and 4 made it to blast stage.
How many days between ER and ET:   5 and 6
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred:  For successful FET, I had one good, and one fair embryo
Symptoms or issues during 2WW:   Extreme fatigue, sore breasts, no major cramping at all.
What day you got your BFP:   13dp6dt
HPT before blood test:  None
Number of first beta:  1,433
Number of babies:  1 healthy baby girl due March 21, 2016

• Phindell likes this

Angela (36) and James (43)

Mia (9)

TTC # 2 via IVF Tubal Factor & Male Factor IF

Egg Retrieval

August 6, 2014

10 eggs / 8 mature / 6 fertilized

By day 5 and 6, four embryos made it to blast stage

FET #1 (Day 5 Blasts), failed icon_speech_sigh.gif 

FET # 2 (Day 6 Blasts), June 2015 eusa_pray.gif 

FET #2 Protocol:

BCP for 14-15 Days (start on June 1, 2015)

Endometrium Scratch & Saline Ultrasound (Day 12 while on BCP)

Estrogen Patches, PIO, Medrol, Aspirin, Prenatals, Vitamin D

Accupuncture

Transfer Date:   July 7, 2015

Beta Blood Test:  July 21, 2015

BFP ++++

babygirl.gif  Ava Marie due March 21, 2016 babygirl.gif 

FIND ME ON INSTAGRAM | angelamtonkin

BAAMm5.png

#300 impatience

impatience
  • Global 100+
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:34 PM

Name: impatience
Diagnosis or any known issues: Low AMH
Treatments you tried before IVF: Femara with timed intercourse (x3), IUI with Gonal-F (x1)
How many IVF did you do before success: 2 - first IVF was converted to an IUI due to poor response to the Gonal-F
Protocol (meds taken):  Estrogen/Testosterone priming protocol (made a huge difference in my response!), Stims with Menopur and Gonal-F, Cetrotide to prevent ovulation, combination Lupron/HCG trigger. 
How many follicles at ER: 15
How many eggs retrieved: 10, 9 of which were mature
How many eggs fertilized: 8
How many days between ER and ET: froze three 5-day blasts and one 6-day blast
How many and quality/rating of embryos/blasts transferred: Transferred one 5AA euploid blast
Symptoms or issues during 2WW: Sore breasts
What day you got your BFP: 4dp5dt
HPT before blood test: Yes
Number of first beta: 37 at 12dp5dt. Second beta was 58 and nurse said the pregnancy wasn't viable, but four days later it went up to 370.