A relief :) - IVF.ca Forums

Photo

A relief :)

Posted by galfromaway , 23 August 2012 · 1370 views

I really hope the nerves around ultrasounds and scans and tests eases as the pregnancy comes along. :)

We had our ultrasound this afternoon, and I had myself all worried for nothing. Which I have a tendency to do.

The heartbeat sounded amazing, and brought tears to my eyes. :) And the doctor who did the scan was very happy with everything. She said if she was in our place, this was the ultrasound she'd want. Nasal bone was perfect. NT measured fine. Bean is right where it needs to be - 6.5 cm from head to bum. Bean has fingers and toes and a nose and ears and elbows and knees... and waved at us...

Posted Image

Bloodwork and maternal serum all was fine. I go for my next maternal serum test at the end of September, and my next ultrasound in 7 weeks.

A huge relief... so much more real, hearing the heartbeat...

:)

Congrats Gal! I always greet every scan with a little trediptation and wonder if this will be the one where everything goes to hell. I think it is normal in our circumstances to do that. That is so wonderful that you were reassured and the little one looked great. Welcome to the second tri!

Saffy
I'm glad everything is going so well! I was the same throughout my pregnancy and during the first year of having my son. I would even leave the room and run back in quickly just to see if he was still there. After going through so much it's normal to be nervous. My son is almost two now and I can honestly say I believe he is staying but I have a new set of worries now :) I hope the rest of your pregnancy is happy and healthy.
Photo
galfromaway
Aug 25 2012 06:50 AM
Thanks Saffy. Glad I'm not the only one who goes into scans a little uneasy. Exciting to be in the second trimester!!!

Toronto28, my husband keeps reminding me that it is normal to be so hyper-aware. Glad your son is staying! :D Fingers crossed for a healthy pregnancy. So far it's a happy one. :)
Congrats! Hearing the hb is always amazing and no matter how many times you hear it, it will be special & reasuring! One of the best sounds ever!
Photo
Karolinasmommy
Aug 27 2012 02:54 PM
Congrats on pushing past your fear. I have that same fear of ultrasounds and heart monitors, its hard to get over and passed sometimes. I hope your ultrasounds continue to keep looking up so that you don't have any more fear in them. You should be proud of yourself for pushing past your fear and getting a great outcome!
Photo
galfromaway
Aug 28 2012 06:42 AM
Thanks, jaan. :) It's the most amazing sound, that heartbeat. My DH wants to get a doppler now so we can listen to it more often! :D

Karolinasmommy, I don't know if it's fear of the ultrasound and heart monitor - I think it's more anxiety about the uncertainty, and not being able to tell just what's going on with my developing little one that gets me going moreso than anything. I look forward to seeing Bean, and now hearing the heartbeat. But I will push through the anxiety and any fears that come up. :) We have a very supportive doctor, and our families and friends are amazing too.

Recent Comments

April 2024

S M T W T F S
1415 16 17181920

Tags

0 user(s) viewing

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Search My Blog

My Friends' Blogs

Categories

MyBlogLog

Latest Visitors